sith lightsaber...why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane99
Why is the sith lightsaber red? Not to go off,but re and black where common elements in egypt and alchemy,the red was the life "force" and the black was material or hidden knowledge,since red rules anger i thoguth that was the intent of a dark jedis weapon.

Captain REX
As far as the Original Trilogy is concerned, Vader used a red lightsaber because it looked evil and unfriendly, whereas Luke and Kenobi used blue lightsabers (and later green).

Beyond that, the Sith used red because Vader used red.

The in-universe answer is that they use synthetic crystals (rather than ones found in nature) to create their lightsabers. These put off a red glow.

darthbane99
oh ok,i read that,i forgot due to my incompetent and rather hast posting.
Thanks,i remember because synthetic crystals where easy to imbue...andsince they all where the same it didnt take master or a fully trained knight to use them. In other words the sith wanted a weapon thta could kill quickly but not have to rely on the force to empower the crystals.

Though in contradiction darth maul did imbue the dark side force in his lightsaber during his training,he spent weeks and even months just siting there meditaing and focusing hatefull powers in it,the same with luke.Except luke uses the "good side" of the force.

Captain REX
Yes, that's correct...

darthbane99
Well,we all can agree on that a red ligthsaber is a superior choice,if your seeking to gain power faster,but stronger,no.

Red Nemesis
Stronger?

Lightsabers grant power now?

darthbane99
no,but the red is a symbol of power,and still the ligthsaber int entirely technology,its in tuned with the jedi,since sith desire faster power their hatred gives lightsaber more power,i NEVER meant a lightsaber giving jedi power so back off.

Lord Lucien
That made absolutely NO sense. It was lacking sense. Logic. Coherence. The lot.

Eminence
He uses some manner of punctuation though. Props for that.

Slash_KMC

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Eminence
He uses some manner of punctuation though. Props for that.
Seconded.

Originally posted by darthbane99
no,but the red is a symbol of power,and still the ligthsaber int entirely technology,its in tuned with the jedi,since sith desire faster power their hatred gives lightsaber more power,i NEVER meant a lightsaber giving jedi power so back off.

K. You have now expressly stated 'hatred gives lightsaber more power'. Unless you mean that some lighstabers can cut through things that others can't (have a greater energy output... due to their users' emotions?) you have implied that a lightsaber is a source of power for the Jedi/Sith wielding it.. Elaborate or concede.

('In Tune' with the Jedi? Does that give it a +5 to hit?)

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
K. You have now expressly stated 'hatred gives lightsaber more power'. Unless you mean that some lighstabers can cut through things that others can't (have a greater energy output... due to their users' emotions?) you have implied that a lightsaber is a source of power for the Jedi/Sith wielding it.. Elaborate or concede.

('In Tune' with the Jedi? Does that give it a +5 to hit?)

What the hell are you doing.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
What the hell are you doing.

He will get better or he will ignore me or he will leave. There is no reason not to expect people to think before they post. I decided that grammar is irrelevant (smart people can ignore conventions) but if one cannot at least present a coherent point (which includes supporting assertions) then they should be encouraged to do so. It is not beyond his ability.

(Edit: Unless I made a mistake that I've yet to realize, in which case I'll ninja the hell out of all of you.)

Slash_KMC
He will get better or he will ignore me or he will leave. There is no reason not to expect people to think before they post. I decided that grammar is irrelevant (smart people can ignore conventions) but if one cannot at least present a coherent point (which includes supporting assertions) then they should be encouraged to do so. It is not beyond his ability.

Good luck. You're braver than I thought. And yes, I noticed you're feelings for grammar are slowly fading, as you misspelled lightsabers (which leads to the conclusion that you didn't read what you wrote).

No you won't. I'm a pirate, and everyone knows pirates beat ninja's.

Red Nemesis
Good luck. You're braver than I thought. And yes, I noticed you're feelings for grammar are slowly fading, as you misspelled lightsabers (which leads to the conclusion that you didn't read what you wrote).
Oh. Well, that's why I haven't nazi'd up about spelling for a while. (I might jump on Nebaris if he misuses 'whom' again though.)

No you won't. I'm a pirate, and everyone knows pirates beat ninja's.

Falso. Pirates would get torn apart by ninjas in any setting.

Slash_KMC
Falso. Pirates would get torn apart by ninjas in any setting.

I'm not talking about actual fighting. I'm talking about overall coolness.

Red Nemesis
Even that's debatable. You've got Jack Sparrow, but we get Jackie Chan and FRICKEN JET LI. I rest my case.

Eminence
Jackie Chan and Jet Li are Chinese you racist prick, and they're most definitely not ninjas.

Besides, pirates have guns. Ninjas have their little throwing stars .

Red Nemesis
Ninjas have shadows- Pirates are usually too drunk to see straight anyway.

(You don't think Jet Li is a ninja? He is so ninja he makes you look elephant by comparison.)

Eminence
Jet Li's a monk...

Janus Marius
Agreed. Jet Li is a monk, or the Chinese equivalent of a bad ass mother ****er.

Barringer
My personal conclusion is that blue means tranquility (per wikipedia), while red means passion (per wikipedia).

darthbane99

Red Nemesis
So what you're saying is... that I win.

Here's a tip:

The Quote Function
To quote someone use either

The 'quote' button found in the lower right hand part of any given post
or
write your own vB code.

If you choose option A, you may respond to their assertions line by line if you so choose by copy/pasting the first

'Originally posted by a;lksdjf;alsdjf

cat's aren't as good as dogs.

(Note that brackets will not include spaces)

To break up their post, you may insert ' to any given sentence to end the quote:
This would look like
You incorrectly pluralized 'cats'.

Option B is slightly less work- it removes copy/pasting the long quote header into each different section. To do so, simply write ';alkj;ldjafljf
(Again, removing the space inside the brackets)

This may or may not have made any sense. I've got stuff to do. bai!

Edit: so, ideally, your post would have looked like this:

And indeed i fail grammatical finess but thats besides the point.

in response to slashers reply to mine:

Three things that which he is correct for assuming.
1)reinfocring a point. On lightsabers.
2)Admiting im wrong and willing to recede my last stament:

3)Changing my mind. Indeed i use sarcasm thanks. I changed my mind because i was blocked mentally,and did not think clearly. For this reason the first and second replys ARE what i meant,then well failed to keep in contest. I will add an Adenddum to this soon.

darthbane99
i guess i like to hear myself reply,to myself...since nobody is here to reply i like to say a few words.

So i enjoy hearing myself type and its fun...when i type stupid replies to hear more ridiculous unfortunate ones in return.

The only thing i take back is the ludicrous statement that i wasnt aware of,as you said think before typing,i guess thats why you people are the professors,im just some young kid who has not had it.

No i did not know how far this has gotten... and i take it to seriously,but like everything its only a matter of time till you know "your" contradictions end up as a a weapon to ones self.

I did try to reinforce the statement and prove a different point,after that i said forget it and returned to a more "acceptable" zone of context...and partly because i was ignorant at the time.

So i was wrong and you where right. But what slash had said,im only trying to prove a point...but im fallible as well,i am competent in star wars,but even i do not completely catch the details. And what i know is not less then yours,and i only expanded on what i wanted to cite...is that so wrong.

mattatom
He still didn't quote...

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by mattatom
He still didn't quote...

So? He only has a little over 50 posts, give him time to learn. It took me a while took to use the quoting system properly.

darthbane99
red...i do declare you champ and only thing i gained is more of awareness of my fallibility,in which there is always more to learn. I hope though your not filed with pride that could cloud you,as it was mentioned, "the darkside clouds everything,impossible to see the future is". __yoda

To be honest,i had a fourth intent to test the thread,as nothing becomes clear without contradiction. AS you said think before reply,i contradicted what i said and brought forth an unknown As kreia.also stated ;"As i thought there are no more unknowns",as she declare the exile as a failure. Note that im the exile....

darthbane99
one last thing,yes im still new,i guess im innocent,but unintelligent is something you have to define on your own...

I could most likely enjoy our context together,i have no interest to argue,but i am defending myself in certain standards...Beside what else can i do for fun!

Eminence
Ignore Red Nemesis. He is a complete asshat and enjoys ticking off moderators like the great judge Ushgarak and picking on newer members.

Join me.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
So? He only has a little over 50 posts, give him time to learn. It took me a while took to use the quoting system properly.
There was nothing to quote. That post was perfectly fine. I would've liked help with the quoting system when I started, and someone telling me about the 'add reply' or 'quote' buttons would've helped me a lot.

Originally posted by Eminence
Ignore Red Nemesis. He is a complete asshat and enjoys ticking off moderators like the great judge Ushgarak and picking on newer members.

Join me.

You are an elephant. And you are mean and obnoxious.

You are a complete failure as a mammal and as both a primate and a tetrapod. Go die.

darthbane99
Ideed,why..i know your different some how,and YES i picked up that red nemy is somewhat of a well...never mind that.

Look i enjoy it here,and its unfortunate that i came across a well,unique fellow like him,he too has stories to share,i give the benefit of doubt,but i already know its a narrow rode from there.

There is one person im interested in since i started and he was the first quote me,Lord lucien,and i believe that hes a trust worthy fellow,otherwise i would bother staying.

But i welcome solace.(verb) and knowledge and a possible jedi style friendship...

darthbane99
Indeed help is nice from all kinds,but i never listen do demands,maybe only to prove a obvious point,in which you succeeded. i care not for anything in particular,and my solace is my self. I am thankfull for telling me the quoting system,but if reality is what you want...by teaching lessons through apathy,then know i delt with it before,and can easily turn it around.

Luck buddy.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That made absolutely NO sense. It was lacking sense. Logic. Coherence. The lot.

This is the post that makes you think Lucien is trustworthy?

no expression

Lord Lucien
This is the post that makes you think Lucien is trustworthy?

no expression Honesty, that's my best quality. If you can fake that, you're in.

Pinhead.

Ah I'm just kidding! You guys are alright.

So what are we talking about?

darthbane99
Trust,is it worse then lying??? Hes right,and if i turned the cheek,without consider the rest i failed already. Yes it hurt,but life is persistent,and my ego is well,stubborn.

I find him and a few others here "alright" somehow,it seems the force brought us together,to not just engage in idle talk,but to share experiences.

I have no problem with anyone here,and my feelings say well just go with it,i could not ignore it for long. Of our serendipity, it a mutual benefit. just to keep it simple,i like it here,deal with it...my motives are others. Yes its honesty,your,well just at times i find,harsh,and i enjoy it sometimes;like i said only if to prove a point. There is no need to create suffering and anger when non existed.___and i believe atris would agree,though shes hypocrite.

Eminence
Originally posted by darthbane99
Ideed,why..i know your different some how,and YES i picked up that red nemy is somewhat of a well...never mind that.

Look i enjoy it here,and its unfortunate that i came across a well,unique fellow like him,he too has stories to share,i give the benefit of doubt,but i already know its a narrow rode from there.I was kidding. He isn't really an asshat, just inferior to me.

Red Nemesis
Inferior? Y R U SAYIN LAIS?

mattatom
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I got flamed within my first 10 posts about quoting ever since then I quote sad Curse you Nebaris!Originally posted by Eminence
I was kidding. He isn't really an asshat, just inferior to me.

Everyones inferior to you, Master.

Inferior? Y R U SAYIN LAIS?

No lies Nemesis, also we've both nearly been here for two years in June doesn't seem that long/

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
Everyones inferior to you, Master.

Damn you, he'll probably say something totally smartass to this which will make his ego grow even fatter.

Do not feed.

Red Nemesis
His ego? Nah, he'll just keep fapping (and eating frosting. fapping with frosting) and his body will get fatter.

Elephant. (lol)

Eminence
Prove it.

Red Nemesis
Prove it isn't. Aren't so big without your *logic* ARE YOU!?

Eminence
*sees a trap*

I evade!

Really though, look at this. Take special note of RJ.

Janus Marius
Rogue Jedi, arguing? It's like a get-in-free night at the two-drink minimum.

Eminence
I literally facepalmed. Twice.

Janus Marius
But Faunus, Van Helsing has TONS of experience fighting monsters... which is so gonna help him when he's a half-sentient werewolf!

Eminence
Well, he has hunted Spidermans before...

Janus Marius
Yeah, you pretty much trip over them in Europe. But remember, just because you can blow them up and smash them into buildings, or that they pretty much stop elevated trains with their bodies doesn't make them durable.

mattatom
Damn you, he'll probably say something totally smartass to this which will make his ego grow even fatter.

Do not feed.
Well he is, after i stabbed Nemesis with that Vibroshiv, no-one else would help me, he was the only one who came to my aid. I owe him my digital life.

captzero05
I'm a fan of red lightsabers. I think it's more badass than the green or blue one plus it is evil looking.

BTW, why do you think red lightsabers have a longer handle than the blue and green one. especially Darth Vader's?

Janus Marius
Sith lords need to compensate. It's like short people with Hummers.

Lord Lucien
Proven by Malak's shoto.

darthbane99
malaks shoto or shota! wink

sorry had to say it.

Lord Lucien
No, it's shoto.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.