Army of Two: The 40th Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/16/joystiq-impressions-army-of-two-the-40th-day/

The first AoT may not have turned out well but the game sold well enough to warrant a sequel. Let's hope this one does better.

jinXed by JaNx
I thought Army of Two was a very good game. I had a lot of fun with it.

ChakraStrings
First one let me down, but I read a brief little passage about the second upcoming one and it does sound promising. Plus the graphics look absolutely amazing, and I've always loved a good co-op game.

Kazenji
So are they gonna have the tampons in this one ?

Nemesis X
Haven't had the chance to play the game yet. Is it better than the first?

FistOfThe North
hm, i did do an initial search before posting my thread for this game and it didn't show up. o well.

anyway, here's my review of the game and a couple of sites on it. this post is from the other Army of Two thread i opened up:

the game's mad fun. it has high replay value, imo. there's alot to do, especially in the heat of battle and a bit to think about before you take action. you can't be gun-ho in this game, i found that out. it does take some patience getting use to the controls and camera angles but they becomes second nature after playing straight for about an hour.

the "Aggro" system's been added in. which is basically a tactical element where one player would shoot at enemies and attract their focus and firepower on said player while the other player, with less paid attention, can flank or gain access to safes and important places uninterupted. mock surenduring and playing dead can also increase the aggro bar too.

Graphics are great. i'd say about high-end.

the game plays alot like gears of war especially with it's cover system. but what makes it mad fun to me is being able to quickly switch camera angles from left to right and i like dashing and sliding towards my cover i'll be using, as well. the AI's really good in this too.

the gun upgrades are cool.

So far i give this game a 9.

-----------------------------------------

And just a couple of links for game for your consideration..

http://www.armyoftwo.com/home.action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNYwu_bUIk

SaTsuJiN
I'm interested in this game.. I played the demo and liked it.. but its one of those games where the weapons feel as though they have no weight..

like.. you can get any job done with any weapon.. pistols hit just as hard as rifles... thats kind of a disappointment to me

I did really like the partner actions.. these are what really spiced up the experience... but I'm still left to wonder what kind of replay value is to be had.. specially in like multiplayer gametypes and such

also.. I like the quote, North

Kazenji
Theres a single player demo?

only demo that i found was a co-op one.

One Free Man
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t523351.html

Kazenji
Lucky you

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'm interested in this game.. I played the demo and liked it.. but its one of those games where the weapons feel as though they have no weight..

like.. you can get any job done with any weapon.. pistols hit just as hard as rifles... thats kind of a disappointment to me

North

Yeah, i know what you're saying and for the first half of the game you don't really have to worry about which weapon you're using for the job. I really think this is because if you and your friend is skilled enough in flanking and taking aggro the enemies become heavily exposed.

The weapons you use and the way you upgrade them does become important later in the game. The enemy AI has improved quite a bit from the first game.

I highly recommend this game to everyone. Unlike the first one, however this game demands another person to get the full enjoyment. It is a really short game but there is definitely a lot of replay value here, especially if you have a buddy to play it with.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Kazenji
Theres a single player demo?

only demo that i found was a co-op one. thats the one I played.. and you go through the first few areas of campaign in it.. did it with my nephew, who has gone and bought the game.. but I'm still on the fence of it being a worth-while 60 dollar game, since I have a few others in mind that I'd like to buy that are coming along fairly soon... (Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Super SFIV, and BlazBlue Continuum Shift)

I hear theres a 4 player horde type mode as well called extraction?

Kazenji
I could'nt play it anyway i only have one controller.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by One Free Man
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t523351.html

Did you not see the date of when I made this thread and what date that thread was made?

American Dragon
The game is great but way too short. I beat it in only a few hours.

jinXed by JaNx
Well, it is EA so look for plenty expensive DLC drops that should have been apart of the game.

I'm not a fan of EA but i really didn't mind the games length all that much. Even though it's not as long as the first one i did expect a six hour game. It also has decent replay value. I didn't buy it though and i was just just happy to have another good Co-op game to play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.