DBZ: Raging Blast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shutter Shack
The 360/PS3 version of the tenkaichi's is finally coming...I think this looks overall better than Burst Limit. It's coming a little closer to looking like the anime without losing it's smoothness and detail.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/dragonballragingblast/index.html?tag=gallery_summary;title

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2009/145/960318_20090526_790screen008.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2009/145/960318_20090526_790screen007.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2009/145/960318_20090526_790screen001.jpg

Mairuzu
looks.... neat

Shutter Shack
you got that right

Ridley_Prime
RAGing blast huh? mmm

Shutter Shack
hey sad

Kazenji
pOXxObPk_lg

Raise Thy Sword
Same old story...nice new style of graphics. They need to do a GT 360/PS3 title, dammit. mhmm

Nemesis X
These DBZ games are getting as terrible as the Naruto games. They really need to learn to stop making the same crap over and over and create something new.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is still, as far as I'm concerned, the last real DBZ game that was made.

Neo Darkhalen
I'm good thanks I'll just stick with DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2/3

Magee
Have they actually bothered to change any thing or have they just ported tenkaichi on to ps3. Same old shit as the last 4 games, they just churn them out for all the fanboys to buy. That trailer just looks pathetic, it looks worse than Tenkaichi 3.

SpadeKing
did they atleast fix the voice acting and facial expressions?

Ryo 666
I've never played them properly but it looks...good from what I can see.

jinXed by JaNx
i guess it's just me but i've always found the DBZ games unplayable or just tedious to play. I would like to see a decent action adventure DBZ title on the consoles.

First_Tsurugi06
^No. The last time they tried that was Dragon Ball Z Sagas.

Kazenji
Yeah and failed

can't see why they can't do another RPG type game like what came out for the Snes but minus the cards.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah and failed

can't see why they can't do another RPG type game like what came out for the Snes but minus the cards.

This.

The whole "power levels" and "every fight makes a saiyan stronger" screams RPG.

Nemesis X
I can see a DBZ game being a win if they can at least make it a free roam. I've always wanted to free roam around space and blow up planets with a kamehameha wave (if I spelled that right). Make the explosions look epic and not cheap like how they do their fighting engines. Speaking of fighting, the fighting in the anime version of DBZ looks way better than the fighting in the videogames. I don't feel like a DBZ fighter since things feel like they're held back.

Black Yoshi
One of the few, if not only, free-roaming DBZ games is called "Dragon Ball Z Sagas". I think it's a pretty good game, but it's better to play the co-op mode.

Anyway, this game looks pretty good. I just wait to see some gameplay videos with Android 18.
Originally posted by dadudemon
The whole "power levels" and "every fight makes a saiyan stronger" screams RPG.

Exactly. I've been craving a DBZ RPG for several years, but at least there's a DBZ MMORPG coming out soon. There better not be any monthly fees...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Black Yoshi
One of the few, if not only, free-roaming DBZ games is called "Dragon Ball Z Sagas". I think it's a pretty good game, but it's better to play the co-op mode.

Anyway, this game looks pretty good. I just wait to see some gameplay videos with Android 18.

Exactly. I've been craving a DBZ RPG for several years, but at least there's a DBZ MMORPG coming out soon. There better not be any monthly fees...

Hopefully they'll make Sadistic 18 look even better.

I love the Tenkaichi series and on the day this game comes out the King goes on his throne, especially if Ultimate Gohan is in this. Better not stop at the Cell Saga.

Ridley_Prime
Sadistic 18 looking even better? Now that would be worth seeing. mmm
Oh, why couldn't there have been a Super 18?

Wei Phoenix
Because the universe would've exploded.

Black Yoshi
I'm sure there are a couple of fan-made images of a Super 18, but I would like to see an "official" one made by the artists behind the DBZ series.

It would be nice if there was a "What if..." movie about Dr. Gero and that other guy making a Super 18 instead of a Super 17. If only that could happen...
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Hopefully they'll make Sadistic 18 look even better.

I love the Tenkaichi series and on the day this game comes out the King goes on his throne, especially if Ultimate Gohan is in this. Better not stop at the Cell Saga.

Like RP said, a better-looking Sadistic 18 is definitely worth seeing.

Nah, I'm sure the story would go past the Buu saga since the previous game did.

Ban Mido
I'm quite excited to hear this actually big grin. I've been wanting a next gen Tenkaichi title for awhile now. I enjoyed Burst Limit but i'll admit it could have been better, then again I also, even though I purchased all them, wasn't quite a fan of the Budokai series. I just enjoy the freedom you get in the Tenkaichi series, the bigger battlefield and all the knocking people through buildings..also I enjoy spamming ki blasts..I just hope they fix the ki bar a bit..where it's not depleted basically after one special (not the super one, that makes sense that it depletes all the way it's like your all out ace up your sleeve) cause I would enjoy spamming the rapid fire blasts without the pause to charge..so it would feel more like the series.

Although I could see where some would find that could be cheap hah...I do hope they fixed Cells voice for God's sakes. It's been bugging me forever...I hated to transform cause like..half of his phrases..being hit and all...and some attacks...still sounded like the first form : |. Alas I do enjoy them adding in more characters. What makes me come back and play the tenkaichi series so much is cause I can make my own plot in my head and story and play it out with the fights and the more fighters the more I have to work with :3.

I just hope they include a create a character mode though....it would be pretty interesting creating your own saiyan and all that jazz.

Kazenji
Sadistic 18 ???

i've never seen the picture.

First_Tsurugi06
Yes. Elaborate please.

Wei Phoenix
Question: What's stronger than LSSJ Broly?

Answer: http://dragonball.zeldac.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/brolyss3.jpg

http://dragonball.zeldac.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/brolyssj3_1.jpg

You need video proof you say? Look near the last 20 seconds of this video then.

hYlRy-uqfdY

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kazenji
Sadistic 18 ???

i've never seen the picture. Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Yes. Elaborate please.

It's her ultimate move where she beats you around, slams you on the ground kicks you and then fires a finger beam at you.

Wei Phoenix
Family Kamehameha

bfdJhJYF2tI

ArtificialGlory
Why do the characters look like they have been drawn in MS Paint?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Why do the characters look like they have been drawn in MS Paint?

No idea but the graphics of the game won't bother me.

Neo Darkhalen
That trailer does look really good, the supers and aerial combat seem to flow better then previous games.

Also it seems pratically every key character is there, which is more then I can say for Burst Limit.

Needless to say i'll be picking this up.

FistOfThe North
Burst Limit was sweet. And the best DBZ fighting game ever made, imo.

But this is looking even sexier. If it plays at least as BL then we've got a winner here.

DBZ fighting games just keep on getting better. They're what i only use to imagine them to be.

It sure came a long way from the side scroller version back in the day..

littlefox_Kovu
Loved burst limit's gameplay, but also loved the BT3 gameplay too. I wonder how it's going to work out.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by littlefox_Kovu
Loved burst limit's gameplay, but also loved the BT3 gameplay too. I wonder how it's going to work out.

This one is more like BT3 and unlike BL you can freely fly in a 3D environment.

littlefox_Kovu
This one is more like BT3 and unlike BL you can freely fly in a 3D environment.
Cool, BT3 was a great game right after Budukai 3. I wonder if the combos in Raging Blast will be a bit easier to learn though...

Ridley_Prime
Is it me, or do the graphics of this game look exactly the same as that of BT3? And what's their reason/excuse for taking out two-thirds of the characters that were in BT3? Better online? Pathetic. No way I'm actually getting this game. BT3 is still, as far as I'm concerned, the last DBZ fighter that was made (Burst Limit was fail).

Aside from SSJ3 Broly, I heard there's supposed to be one more exclusive character, but it's probably a SSJ4 Broly or somethin'. Personally though, I'd like to see a Super Saiyan (or higher) version of Bardock.

SaTsuJiN
ugh @ ss3 brolly.. cant they just try to fix the gameplay up instead?.. or fix brolly.. he was pretty terrible in T3.. trap shooter got nerfed to hell, and omega blaster became ezmode.. I did like the "grab" special though

I'd have personally enjoyed him more if they didnt make regular (black hair) brolly so terrible.. and did I say buff trap shooter?.. buff trap shooter

jinXed by JaNx
Question: What's stronger than LSSJ Broly?

Answer: http://dragonball.zeldac.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/brolyss3.jpg

http://dragonball.zeldac.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/brolyssj3_1.jpg

You need video proof you say? Look near the last 20 seconds of this video then.

hYlRy-uqfdY

why does goku sound like a little japanese girl in that video? That literally took all of the coolness away from this game for me.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
why does goku sound like a little japanese girl in that video? That literally took all of the coolness away from this game for me.

Well you have to understand that's the Japanese version of it, and they usually scream and talk in a higher pitch.

Micheal_Myers
I will be picking this one up. I've enjoyed every DBZ fighting game I've gotten my hands on. So I doubt this'll be any different. And thats the first I've seen of LSSJ3 Broly. Now I'm super stoked. Get ready to see a ton of that name in the Versus thread when this game is released. lol

littlefox_Kovu
I'm gonna love the 16-player online tournament mode if they have it....

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Indeed. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is still, as far as I'm concerned, the last real DBZ game that was made.

Isn't this game a continuation of the Budokai Tenkaichi series?

EDIT: Ignore that.

This game looks too fluid, I preferred the way BT3 was animated, where it looked like they were actually fast. We can easily see what the characters are doing here, that sucks, I want them to feel and look "fast"

The only problem I had with the BT3 series was that I couldn't use every move that a character had. For example, I couldn't use death beam with Frieza's final form, instead having to use a multi beam rapid version (which made the Vegeta-kill cutscene look stupid).

I'd love to be able to use Big Bang attack and the regular Kamehameha's (along with Big Bang Kamehameha) with Gogeta, instead of being restricted to just one type of Kamehameha and a close range explosive move that can easily be Z-countered (vanishing dodge).

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
ugh @ ss3 brolly.. cant they just try to fix the gameplay up instead?.. or fix brolly.. he was pretty terrible in T3.. trap shooter got nerfed to hell, and omega blaster became ezmode.. I did like the "grab" special though

I'd have personally enjoyed him more if they didnt make regular (black hair) brolly so terrible.. and did I say buff trap shooter?.. buff trap shooter

If they make SS3 Broly the way I feel they should make him, he'd be a beast. Heck, even having the LSS form apply to SS3 such that we have LSS as a mode that isn't exclusive to SS1 would be AWESOME!

Broly was alright, one good thing was that he had a brick effect in LSS form.
Trap shooter works alright at really close range, though yeah, it otherwise sucks, even at long range, as it was piss easy to dodge and it most of it missed at mid range.

That grab super was teh shit. My only problem with it is that it was relatively hard to set up, and relatively easy to stop (functions as a throw, so a simple O suffices). Though even then, it was still teh shit.

His SS form was alright as well, Eraser Cannon was relatively cheap to pull off. His Super Explosive wave was alright, but they should have made it un-blockable or have it hit 6-8 times in rapid succession (like Syn Shenron's UB) instead of having each hit be pronounced. That move (SEW) was easy to dodge because of that.

I just hope they fix up the cutscenes and make Story Mode better. The cutscenes were crap. For every single stand-alone sentence or phrase, the damn camera changed. That wasted too much time. Even having other characters on the stage instead of having them tag each other out during Story mode would be nice.

The potara system in 3 was easy to use, but it was too bloody restricted. 7 slots, with some of the good items needing 3-4 slots? Completely retarded & restricted.

Demonic Phoenix
DOUBLE POST >__>.
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I will be picking this one up. I've enjoyed every DBZ fighting game I've gotten my hands on. So I doubt this'll be any different. And thats the first I've seen of LSSJ3 Broly. Now I'm super stoked. Get ready to see a ton of that name in the Versus thread when this game is released. lol

That's actually SS3 Broly. If that LSS form could apply to SS3 as well, that would be incredible. Not to mention, Broly would perhaps approach SS4 in terms of power.

Demonic Phoenix
Triple Post.

Just a heads up...Vegeta SS3 will be available as another exclusive character.

littlefox_Kovu
I wonder what moves they'll have...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.