Stardust vs ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
Extremist ironman, pre-secret invasion resources aka shield.
vs galactus herald Stardust.

round 1 - random encounter.

round 2 - ironman gets a week prep.

how does this go?

no speed blitz or bfr.

Konton
>_>
Now, I'm no expert on Stardust OR Iron Man, but isn't Stardust leagues above Stark?

TricksterPriest
You'd think.........I kind of doubt SHIELD has the firepower to take down a compedent herald to be honest. erm

However, I would enjoy being proven wrong by scans. big grin

Enyalus
Stark was having a heart-attack at Nova's power being 'level 15' saying they didn't think they could stop him. And Nova was awed at Stardust and Surfer's power levels.

So, I'd think Stardust wins comfortably in any scenario.

TricksterPriest
Rich Ryder? That Nova? Are you kidding me? sad That's just sad.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Rich Ryder? That Nova? Are you kidding me? sad That's just sad.
Yeah, when he came home during Annihilation to see his parents. He was carrying the full Nova Force at the time, and SHIELD instrumentation picked up his power level at 15. Stark was there. They wanted to be very, very careful with him.

And again, Nova was drooling over the heralds of Galactus' power. Admitted his inferiority.

Konton
Yea, I was thinking matter manipulation FTW.

BruceSkywalker
love tony, but Stardust is simply too powerful..

Stardust 10/10

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
love tony, but Stardust is simply too powerful..

Stardust 10/10

SevenShackles
was curious if stark could take him down in any way, glad to get my answer lol.thanks.

D_Dude1210
Well, if you give IM prep and allow him to talk to Reed...

leonidas
tony HAS taken out the surfer via power drain. he's also taken out terrax . . .

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by leonidas
tony HAS taken out the surfer via power drain. he's also taken out terrax . . .

The way he took out Terrax could not possibly work on Stardust, so there's no point in bringing it up.

Kris Blaze
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/fun%20pics/stardustgown.jpg

leonidas
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The way he took out Terrax could not possibly work on Stardust, so there's no point in bringing it up.

just speaks to his overall intelligence and ability to take down herald-levellers is all. i don't think he beats SD either, unless he can power drain and augment. he has done that several times in the past. i mentioned the ss incident, but there are others. it's highly unlikely he'd win. but it is rare when tony can't eke out a win or 2.

Kris Blaze
just speaks to his overall intelligence and ability to take down herald-levellers is all. i don't think he beats SD either, unless he can power drain and augment. he has done that several times in the past. i mentioned the ss incident, but there are others. it's highly unlikely he'd win. but it is rare when tony can't eke out a win or 2.

I don't see how power drain would work on someone who can reform. And the way he beat Terrax doesn't really indicate a great amount of intelligence. Tony rerouted Terrax' attack. Though I do know that Tony is a genius, that plan is pretty basic.

leonidas
I don't see how power drain would work on someone who can reform. And the way he beat Terrax doesn't really indicate a great amount of intelligence. Tony rerouted Terrax' attack. Though I do know that Tony is a genius, that plan is pretty basic.

it would be interesting to see if he could drain SD. i'd think SD would start to fade away or something maybe? anyway, drain usually equals weaken, and if he can absorb and augment, who knows? or if she's PURE energy, perhaps he could contain her somehow? seems unlikely given how much power he'd have to hold, but i could see him absorbing a LOT of her and maybe dissipating her somehow so she couldn't immediately reform maybe. meh. if that was what happened, i would at least not call it PIS.

Galan007
SD in both.

though i do believe tony could very well come up with an armor, and/or weaponry, cabable of defeating SD, i highly doubt he'd be able to do so in a single week.

carver9
What about the armor he used to fight king thor?

Kris Blaze
it would be interesting to see if he could drain SD. i'd think SD would start to fade away or something maybe? anyway, drain usually equals weaken, and if he can absorb and augment, who knows? or if she's PURE energy, perhaps he could contain her somehow? seems unlikely given how much power he'd have to hold, but i could see him absorbing a LOT of her and maybe dissipating her somehow so she couldn't immediately reform maybe. meh. if that was what happened, i would at least not call it PIS.

I think someone's overestimating Iron Man a bit.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
What about the armor he used to fight king thor? the power source for that armor was an enchanted asgardian jewel , given to tony by thor himself... so that's a different type of scenario all together.

however, what that does tell us is that tony is capable of building an armor strong enough to not only contain very powerful asgardian magics, but to also pummel, and take a pummeling from, king thor... and he apparently built said armor rather quickly.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
the power source for that armor was an enchanted asgardian jewel , given to tony by thor himself... so that's a different type of scenario all together.

however, what that does tell us is that tony is capable of building an armor strong enough to not only contain very powerful asgardian magics, but to also pummel, and take a pummeling from, king thor... and he apparently built said armor rather quickly.

yes

it never pays to underestimate tony.

Tenebrous
stardust opens a black hole in tony's heart.

leonidas
Originally posted by Tenebrous
stardust opens a black hole in tony's heart.

maybe he should have done that against bill . . .

Kris Blaze
Stardust isn't opening any black holes in anybody. But he can open it NEAR Iron Man.

Thought that would never happen. I imagine Stardust would only use such a tactic against an opponent whom he has experienced a long drawn out battle. In the case where Tony would have a chance against Stardust, I think the battle would end quickly. Iron Man would think of some technology or the like to aid him, which would trap/absorb Stardust instantly for a prep win.

leonidas
Stardust isn't opening any black holes in anybody. But he can open it NEAR Iron Man.

Thought that would never happen. I imagine Stardust would only use such a tactic against an opponent whom he has experienced a long drawn out battle. In the case where Tony would have a chance against Stardust, I think the battle would end quickly. Iron Man would think of some technology or the like to aid him, which would trap/absorb Stardust instantly for a prep win.

yeah, pretty much the only way i can see it going too. tony could mix it up for only a very brief time. he'd need to end it quick and likely with a surprise.

Galan007
i can't think of the specific instance/circumstance, but i'm fairly confident that i have seen tony escape the pull of a black hole.

hmm

leonidas
i can't think of the specific instance/circumstance, but i'm fairly confident that i have seen tony escape the pull of a black hole.

hmm

really? don't believe i've seen that. not with standard gear i can't imagine.

Galan007
no, not with standard equipment, but i do recall him doing such. but i can't for the life of me remember when/where/how.

Kris Blaze
I'm not imaginative to make up any incident on the spot

mmm

Galan007
^ laughing out loud

nah, if i was going to lie, i would have come up with..... something.

Kris Blaze
^ laughing out loud

nah, if i was going to lie, i would have come up with..... something.

Sorry, I was projecting cool

Wild Shadow
well we saw what tony was building to fight hulk before he arrived on earth some how i am a bit disappointed in his use of prep time. i really fail to see how he will stop stardust here. stardust ftw. unless someone can give me plausible scenarios.

hell thor manhandled ironman when he came back to earth and found out what tony had done.

i see the same thing happening here again with stardust doing it to tony this time.

Tenebrous

You're saying he can't?

Ouallada
It was a fairly recent comic, I think. He used a nuclear device to create a small black hole to combat some biological (alien, I believe) threat. His suit looked normal to me. Red and gold, and it nearly failed before the black hole closed. He would probably be screwed either way if Stardust were to open a black hole near him, especially as his near escape was with foreknowledge of the black hole's opening.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.