Question about Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
In ROTS when Mace deflected Sidious force lightning attack how was Sidious able to survive since he was not blocking the deflection?

Incanus
Because he was in the OT and they couldnt kill im in the PT because of the fact then alot of the OT wouldnt have happened..........

SIDIOUS 66
Maybe the same way Maul survived the lightning attack from Mighella.

Incanus
Yeah, if he is killed in a movie, they cant kill him in the EU unless he is like in the comic, a clone. That was a clone, right?

SIDIOUS 66
He was looking for an in-universe explanation I believe.

Darth Truculent
Simple: Sidious was faking he was dying. In reality, Mace was basically yelling at Anakin to kill Sidious because Windu couldn't hold the lightning much longer.

In theory, if Anakin never showed I believe Mace would have killed Sidious because of his skill with his lightsaber. But, that's IMO anyway.

Lord Lucien
I've often wondered at the outcome of that encounter if Anakin hadn't been present. Mace defeats Sidious in sabers, but if Sidious had no reason to fake fatigue, then Windu could have wound up choking on more than ozone *innuendo*.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I've often wondered at the outcome of hat encounter if Anakin hadn't been present. Mace defeats Sidious is sabers, but if Sidious had no reason to fake fatigue, then Windu could have wound up choking on more than ozone *innuendo*.

lol

Mace's body might have fallen and impaled Sidious anyways.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Maybe the same way Maul survived the lightning attack from Mighella.

That is correct.

Plus he is a Sith.

Aklis
Well, his face gets all wrinkled afterwards, so I'd say that he took some damage from it. He's an ugly arse.

Bladewind
My guess is it takes some time. For example Luke also survives the lightning thrown at him by Sidious.

BruceSkywalker
its prolly because of now Sidious looks in ROTJ.. but again maybe I should re watch ROTJ to be sure

*ApathyIsDeath*
The case with Luke was different. Sidious was torturing him before doing away with him. You really think Sidious, one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history, couldn't kill him if he wanted to?

xJLxKing
Actually, I always wanted to know this answer. Did Sidious lose on purpose in order to convert Anakin into the darkside, or did he lose because Mace Windu was just a better fighting(using a saber that is)?

Slash_KMC
The latter.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Actually, I always wanted to know this answer. Did Sidious lose on purpose in order to convert Anakin into the darkside, or did he lose because Mace Windu was just a better fighting(using a saber that is)? Mace legitimately defeated Sidious in their saber duel thanks to his use of Vaapad and Shatterpoint. But Sidious' display of Force Lightning nearly killed Mace; Mace's lightsaber was bending backwards towards his face so that he was "choking on ozone." Sidious' following complaints of weakness and pleading to Anakin for help were false. He was really counting on Anakin to save him--that look of panic on his face seemed real (and he did come that close to death).

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Mace legitimately defeated Sidious in their saber duel thanks to his use of Vaapad and Shatterpoint. But Sidious' display of Force Lightning nearly killed Mace; Mace's lightsaber was bending backwards towards his face so that he was "choking on ozone." Sidious' following complaints of weakness and pleading to Anakin for help were false. He was really counting on Anakin to save him--that look of panic on his face seemed real (and he did come that close to death).
Was it literally bending towards him?? I never seen this.
Any ways, isn't Yoda considered greater then Mace? Yet, Yoda lost and Mace didn't. Didn't the narrator say that besides Yoda there was only one other jedi who might have been able to fight Dooku.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Was it literally bending towards him?? I never seen this.
Any ways, isn't Yoda considered greater then Mace? Yet, Yoda lost and Mace didn't. Didn't the narrator say that besides Yoda there was only one other jedi who might have been able to fight Dooku. The novelization stated that Mace's lightsaber was bending backwards from blocking Sidious' lightning. It was so close to his face that Mace was "choking on ozone."

And yeah, Yoda is more powerful than Mace. Mace defeated Sidious in sabers thanks to his immersion in to Vaapad and his use of Shatterpoints, things that Yoda doesn't employ.

Uroboros
Originally posted by Kotor3
In ROTS when Mace deflected Sidious force lightning attack how was Sidious able to survive since he was not blocking the deflection?

He had rubber soles? Honestly, who cares?

Red Nemesis
The blade was still straight, but the hilt was being angled back (No one is saying that the blade curved. That would be silly.)

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
The blade was still straight, but the hilt was being angled back (No one is saying that the blade curved. That would be silly.) B*tch b*tch b*tch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.