Anneliese Michel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
I don't know if you guys have heard of her.

She was Roman Catholic German who was said to have been possessed by demons.

She was an inspiration to the movie, The Exorcism of Emiy Rose.

Here is a sample of the audio tape recording of her exorcism:

x4n9vK0_mdk

So what do you guys think?

Was she just brainwashed, or was she really possessed by Demons?

inimalist
lol

you mean the forced confinement, starvation and torture, to death, of Anneliese Michel by her family and priest?

Symmetric Chaos
Brainwashed?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I don't know if you guys have heard of her.

She was Roman Catholic German who was said to have been possessed by demons.

She was an inspiration to the movie, The Exorcism of Emiy Rose.

Here is a sample of the audio tape recording of her exorcism:

x4n9vK0_mdk

So what do you guys think?

Was she just brainwashed, or was she really possessed by Demons?

Demons are not real, therefore, it might be brainwashing, but most likely it is some type of mental disorder.

lil bitchiness
She wasn't 'brainwashed' she was mentally ill.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Brainwashed?
Brainwashed by religion.. making her devoid of reality and believing that demons did possess her.

IMO, if there was anyone to blame, it would be herself.

But if she was truly possessed by these so-called 'demons', then maybe paranormal things like this do really happen.

This wasn't the first case of demon possession. And exorcisms are not exclusive to the Christian faith; there are incidents of Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, and Pagan demon possession as well.

Symmetric Chaos
Brainwashed by religion.. making her devoid of reality and believing that demons did possess her.

IMO, if there was anyone to blame, it would be herself.

You don't believe there are actual people with serious psychotic disorders?

occultdestroyer
You don't believe there are actual people with serious psychotic disorders?
The thing is, there were no medical records prior to the exorcism that could prove this claim.

And psychotic disorders likely show up at a person's early years.

Symmetric Chaos
The phrase is psychotic break. An unlikely but demonstrable problem seems much more likely than this being "her fault".

Shakyamunison
The thing is, there were no medical records prior to the exorcism that could prove this claim.

People can slit through the cracks. They can be mentally ill, but able to cope with the illness for many years before a serious onset.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
People can slit through the cracks. They can be mentally ill, but able to cope with the illness for many years before a serious onset.

Yeah, or demons. 50/50 chance.

Shakyamunison
Yeah, or demons. 50/50 chance.

What about leprechauns?

Ordo

*faceplam* Another fundie-skeptic spoiling it for us all...

inimalist

incorrect, psychiatric disorders, especially the type that would cause those type of disturbances, are most common in the early 20s

ushomefree
I own the book, "The Exorcism of Anneliese Michel," written by Felicitas D. Goodman, and I read the entirety of it. In my opinion, the book was inconclusive, but Miss Michel was far from "brainwashed." It will be plan to the reader that she suffered tremendously, physically and mentally, if not spiritually. It is an interesting account, but I can not put my thumb on it. I will say this, however: I do believe in demonic possession (as well as the influence of the Holy Spirit to convicted the sinner). In life, spiritual aspects exists as well -- a tug-of-war match (between holy and evil) so to speak. Life "itself" transcends the physical. Heck, that is the very reason people enjoy such stories! They can participate and/or confide in the story. It's real. The video itself is most likely a fraud and should not be taken at face value. Conduct research on the topic. Divorce yourself from emotion.

Check this out:

D99UQfzceiI

Vq0QGRmOh9E

What do you think?

Shakyamunison
Demons doe exist, that is what I think.

Sado22
i think so too. that's what Tekken taught me Happy Dance

inimalist
Originally posted by ushomefree
What do you think?

people performing exorcisms should face criminal charges

ushomefree
Testimony (Profiles in Faith)
David Berkowitz: Son of Sam

RFAuo9XVp8E

rpQXZzWOENM

SHWjEhdMZGc

inimalist
lol, indeed, because known psychopaths are the least likely to fake religion in order to reap the benefits they bring...

or wait, was it the exact opposite of that...

ushomefree
Inimalist-

I understand your position; in fact, I don't even disagree with you! But exceptions have to be made. Life is not "black and white." Shades of gray do exists! That is my stance on the issue. If God and Satan exist, it should not be surprising to find true accounts of demonic possession. Yes, some people play the card, but others do not. And because so many in the past have played the "possessed" card, we tend to reject the claims of others (who may be speaking the truth). It is easy to stereotype, but we should not. Who am I to reject the claims of Jim Morrison, David Berkowitz (The Sun of Sam) or others as false? All I can do is base my opinion of them (and those like them) on their actions. Call me naive, but I think it is possible that Jim Morrison and David Berkowitz were possessed. Of course, I can never be certain; but that is my opinion. Do you understand? I use this in caution, but David Berkowistz looked like a totally new man. I believed the things that he said, and if it is true, more power to him! We should all be happy when someone turns their lives around for the better. With all in mind, I'm not sympathetic to his past. He needs to atone.

ushomefree
Testimony (Profiles in Faith)
David Berkowitz: Son of Sam

RFAuo9XVp8E

rpQXZzWOENM

SHWjEhdMZGc

inimalist
Inimalist

the "i" is not capitalized. Ever.

If God and Satan exist

thats a pretty big "if" don't you think?

Storm
Anneliese Michel was diagnosed by doctors as suffering from grand mal epilepsy. She was not possessed, she required heavy duty medical attention.

Shakyamunison
Demons doe exist, that is what I think.

I don't know what possessed me. Demons "don't" exist.

Symmetric Chaos
I don't know what possessed me.

The demon Alicia?

Shakyamunison
The demon Alicia?

It was the typo demonon. big grin

Symmetric Chaos

Alicia is Latin for "spelling" wink

Shakyamunison
Alicia is Latin for "spelling" wink

I see... good one. big grin

Ordo

So THATS whats wrong with me.

I REPENT! Please, I just want to type well!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.