Thanos is out to kill you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
And you're locked on an indestructible, deserted planet. He is about 1 mile from your current location and you can call only one of the following characters to protect you:

Superman
Thor
WWH
Sentry
Gladiator
Black Adam
Silver Surfer
Orion
GL (Hal)
Lobo

They can't fly/teleport etc. you out of there. They can't affect you directly in any way and are only there to defeat Thanos/save you.

Who do you call ?

xJLxKing
DS, or Hal. DS has his OB/OS that can hurt Thanos. Hal has his blue ring! That would be enough.

Goddess of Fury
Thor

Philosophía
Originally posted by xJLxKing
DS, or Hal. DS has his OB/OS that can hurt Thanos. Hal has his blue ring! That would be enough. I edited DS out.

Current Hal doesn't have a blue ring.

SoulDevourer
WWH

(btw which Thor is it?)

Survivor19
My pick is Thor...
On the second thought, it won't help me good enough...

xJLxKing

Nihilist
Can Thanos be teleported out and can he tp back in if so?

r0nm0n88
im callen good ol superman, not that i feel hes the best on the list. but i feel he would try to save me till the end. i could see some of the others being beaten and just quitting. supes wouldnt quit on me

Philosophía
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
WWH

(btw which Thor is it?) Since I didn't specify otherwise, it's current Thor.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
He can try making a boomtube

Like I said, no helping you leave the planet. You're basically on your own, except the hero you choose gets in Thanos's way in order to help you survive.

Originally posted by Nihilist
Can Thanos be teleported out and can he tp back in if so?

No. For all intents and purposes, you and the other characters involved are stuck on the planet.

janus77
they're all pretty useless, considering that it'd take Thanos less time to get to me (1 mile distance) than it would for me to utter the words necessary to convey my predicament (or even come up with the thoughts necessary to coherently express my peril).

simply put, I'm dead.

if it was a trillion miles or some other vast distance, then perhaps I'd call on the Hulk and really scare the shit out of him with stories about Thanos. that way, when Thanos arrives, I'd have somebody around who could conceivably beat the snot out of him, physically.

shokosugi
Superman always saves the day.

Eternal Idol
Thor.

xJLxKing

Parmaniac
I don't think that anyone could really save you on this short distance sooner or later he would land a hit on you and that would definately enough

Galan007
since there is no BFR, i'd go with lobo.

where strength/durability/speed/reflexes are concerned, lobo certainly has what it takes to hang with thanos. not to mention that there is no feasible way thanos could outlast him, or come remotely close to killing him

The Nuul
Originally posted by shokosugi
Superman always saves the day.

That b lister wont beat Thanos.

Konton
Hal for me.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by The Nuul
That b lister wont beat Thanos.

laughing you can't get over him right?

Mrblonde
Lobo

grimify
none of them would be able to save you, but i'd probably pick lobo since thanos can't kill him.

D_Dude1210

Hyperion Prime

Master Court
Based on power/durability/and skill. Yeah, Lobo's immortal, but it'd be better to have someone that could actually fight Thanos than to just hold him off until however the Hell this thread is suppose to end.

1. WWH
2. Sentry
3. Lobo

Are we going to be rescued? Because I'm getting scared now. Eventually Thanos would beat any of these guys, and he's out to f**king kill me.

Wei Phoenix
The last person on that list that would allow Thanos to kill me is Superman. I would feel the safest with him defending me.

Endless Mike
Surfer, I have him teleport me to the center of the indestructible planet and make my location invisible to Thanos

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Surfer, I have him teleport me to the center of the indestructible planet and make my location invisible to Thanos

laughing

Yeah, but he'd have to protect you from the heat of the core, among other things.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
laughing

Yeah, but he'd have to protect you from the heat of the core, among other things.

Just transmute me a nice, heat-resistant condo smokin'

Phantom Zone
You know im thinking WWH. I can see if the shit hits the fans hes going to pull some mad shit.

I would have picked Lobo as well but I dont know that much about him.

Philosophía

steverules_2

Philosophía
I should have made some stipulations like:

*There is a portal at x distance away from your current location and once you get into it, you're saved, and the person you chose to protect you must do so until you get there, but they can't help you do it any other way but by holding off Thanos.

*To rank the characters in the order you'd call them, from the one you trust the most to the one you do the least.

I was in a hurry. crackers

Wei Phoenix

steverules_2
Isn't Surfer Thanos' little whooping boi?

thebeast
Originally posted by janus77
they're all pretty useless, considering that it'd take Thanos less time to get to me (1 mile distance) than it would for me to utter the words necessary to convey my predicament (or even come up with the thoughts necessary to coherently express my peril).

simply put, I'm dead.

if it was a trillion miles or some other vast distance, then perhaps I'd call on the Hulk and really scare the shit out of him with stories about Thanos. that way, when Thanos arrives, I'd have somebody around who could conceivably beat the snot out of him, physically. laughing out loud

thebeast
Originally posted by Master Court
Based on power/durability/and skill. Yeah, Lobo's immortal, but it'd be better to have someone that could actually fight Thanos than to just hold him off until however the Hell this thread is suppose to end.

1. WWH
2. Sentry
3. Lobo

Are we going to be rescued? Because I'm getting scared now. Eventually Thanos would beat any of these guys, and he's out to f**king kill me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Feron
Sentry.. I tell him to show me the stuff he did when he stalemated Galactus... big grin

Bouboumaster
Surfer is the only one fast enough to gtfo from Thanos. If he decides to fight him, we're both dead, so I slap Norrin and force him to go in that muther****in' portal.

Konton
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
You know im thinking WWH. I can see if the shit hits the fans hes going to pull some mad shit.

I would have picked Lobo as well but I dont know that much about him.

Zatanna kicked Lobo's ass. Thanos wouldm't even be slowed down.
Lobo's only usefulness is that he can reenerate from a single drop of blood.
But the worlds greatest HF won't save YOU.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
since there is no BFR, i'd go with lobo.

where strength/durability/speed/reflexes are concerned, lobo certainly has what it takes to hang with thanos. not to mention that there is no feasible way thanos could outlast him, or come remotely close to killing him

So, in a versus fight you pick Lobo to beat Thanos Galan?

Hal isn't doing much of anything to Thanos and is dealt with regardless of the ring situation.

I also think Lobo is a good pick although I don't think he's quite as good a pick as Galan. I think it's between Supes, Thor and Lobo. If made to choose I would call on Supes to save the day. I think if he's determined enough he could go back and forth with Thanos for awhile and possible briefly ko Thanos long enough to get me the F out of there. Of course, IMO all these guys die for the majority against Thanos and thus I would be dead as well.

basilisk
Superman, or maybe Lobo.

If they failed I guess I would just have to handle it myself, talk Thanos down or something.

Allankles
Supes. Although, Lobo, Thor and Orion would be good options.

One is beyond killing the other has enough energy absorption abilities to stop a blast that can destroy a 1/5th of the universe.

And Orion has the Astro Force, which can stop a force capable of collapsing an entire universe (JKFW).

Supes would be my first option. When the chips are down his tremendous will power augments his dynamic strength and durability, making him difficult to stop - he never gives up.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by basilisk
Superman, or maybe Lobo.

If they failed I guess I would just have to handle it myself, talk Thanos down or something.

yeah or with the sentece that every dumb @sshole that suffers on total loss of reality brings up cause he thinks he's such a tough guy (I mean real life idiots):

Don't you know who I am?

btw funny answer is just: no (then watch his reaction :-D)

psycho gundam
hal is the logical choice if you want to really stall him for longer periods of time than the other. and hal can do it without putting himself in direct danger, lobo would get knocked to the other side of the planet, matter manipulated to stone/a butterfly, force blocked, etc.

r0nm0n88
what does thanos have. i think raw thanos. no items gets beat by certain people on this list. i think supes can defeat thanos, if thanos has no prep and no items.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
what does thanos have. i think raw thanos. no items gets beat by certain people on this list. i think supes can defeat thanos, if thanos has no prep and no items.

Anything can happen or he could loss some here or there. However, IMO Thanos takes a solid majority or 10/10 from all on the list. FYI stop doing crack and actually read the characters in question.

rotiart
Raw thanos has?
Healed a person
recreated a house from nothing
taking surfers strongest hits and shrugged it off
taking hits from the skyfather Odin on his own power
knocked the helmet off galactus
gotten into a fight with chamion with the power ring...a guy who's punch destroyed a planet
helpe lady death destroy the rot

with his tech... He twleports and travels at high speeds

the Presence
Superman

dmills
I'm going with Thor since he's the only one on this list that I've ever seen beat up on Thanos. He also has a sick list of powers via the hammer i.e god blasts, vortexs, antigravity blasts, etc.

dmills
Doesn't Thor have an antigravity blast that basically blows you back to where you came from? I believe he did that to the Super skrull once.

Ouallada
If Lobo can resist matter manipulation, I would pick him. Thor would be the second choice. He has the highest chance of incapacitating Thanos on the latter's bad day with a godblast, is resistant to matter manipulation and can fly around to prolong the inevitable. Superman and Surfer are next.

Peterlane
Sentry or Vulcan

Bouboumaster
Thanos is a skyfather lvl character, the best option is to go inside the ****in' portal, and Surfer can do it. And maybe, and that's a big maybe, Superman and Hal Jordan. The rest gets fried. Hell, maybe all together!

Tattoos N Scars
May Hal could just go Spectre on Thanos' ass..lol.

KillAll
hmmm, the only option i can think of is maybe time manipulation. has thor or silver surfer ever shown such capabilities? or maybe a GL ring could do it?

if so they would be my option. slow time to a crawl (thanos included). everything but me. then i'd run there.

or have silver surfer transfer his power to me, then i'd just fly to the portal 100 times faster than light and be safe big grin

Master Court
Well, if there's a portal I can get to, then there's hope after all.

I pick WWHulk again, because I'm always working hard defending his big green ass, so it's time he defends me for a change.

While Thanos is frying up burgers for Saint Patrick's Day, I take off all my clothes and dash for the portal.

I figure either my pale ass will put Thanos off of killing me, or if not then I'll at least go out comfortably.

Galan007
Originally posted by Ouallada
If Lobo can resist matter manipulation, I would pick him. during the final issue of "RiH", lobo basically walked through the combined attacks of doctor fate, zatanna, ragman, blue devil, sargon, etc.

i really can't see thanos mustering any attacks =/> that.

klintypooh
Based on powersets I'd probably go with Thor, although if I am aiming for a portal I am hoping Lobo will distract him with wisecracks for long enough for me to get there.

That being said, WWH may prove enough of an initial threat to Thanos (what with him having "sought to avoid" a confrontation with Hulk).

In all actuality I'd probably pick Surfer though as I'd be banking on him speeding me to said portal, I fear if I asked Supes to rush me there my intestines would leave my arse due to the G force.

Ouallada
during the final issue of "RiH", lobo basically walked through the combined attacks of doctor fate, zatanna, ragman, blue devil, sargon, etc.

i really can't see thanos mustering any attacks =/> that.

I don't think Thanos could put Lobo down permanently via conventional means either, but matter manipulation basically works outside of typical durability in any case. I would pick him if he had resistance like Thor or even Hulk, but I can't remember Lobo specifically resisting matter manipulation before, even though iirc he has fought with some matter manipulators.

bbrem123
id take sentry...if i die he can bring me back and if he does he can come back

no worries

Naija boy
If its to get to a portal then id pick surfer. He could shrink me down to a size where id be invisible to thanos and speed me to the portal. By the time thanos realizes what surfer has done it would be too late. Without the portal though id probably choose thor. A godblast might do the trick.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Naija boy
If its to get to a portal then id pick surfer. He could shrink me down to a size where id be invisible to thanos and speed me to the portal. By the time thanos realizes what surfer has done it would be too late. Without the portal though id probably choose thor. A godblast might do the trick.
I think the TC stated that the body guard is only suppose to hold Thanos back and not do anything to you

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nobody listed beats thanos for a majority and thus you will most likely die.

Mshinu
No hope of any of them stopping Thanos by force.
My only hope would Lobo challenging him to a drinking contest..

Enyalus
Going with the original stipulations, I'd pick Lobo.

With the latest ones Phil put up, either Superman or Surfer. Anything to get me the hell into that portal.

Naija boy
Regarding lobo, He may not be able to be killed but cant he be koed? id find it hard to believe otherwise.

The Nuul
Lobo or SS for me.

cmack
im a goner none of them can protect me, we both die

Allankles
You know you're a fanboi when in your scenario you're getting killed. Seriously, experienced campaigners like Supes and Thor should be able to keep you alive.

Peterlane
Sentry would protect me the best.

Board Walker
I just realized some thing, and it made me truly feel the expression of "wow". Out of every character on that list, regardless of if some have a better edge of protecting from being killed by Thanos or not, the only one I would truly feel safest with, until Thanos is dead or my guardian is killed and subsequently I follow, would be superman.

tkitna
Originally posted by Allankles
Seriously, experienced campaigners like Supes and Thor should be able to keep you alive.

Yeah, for a brief second or two.

Master Court
Seriously, we're talking about Thanos.

You're underestimating Thanos if think your standard-incarnation character can save you(Standard Supes, Standard Sufer, Standard Thor, etc). Thanos eats anyone here for breakfast, except Lobo because he can't be killed, Sentry because IIRC it's suppose to be canon that he stalemated Galactus on some level, and WWHulk because even before he went Super Saiyan he KO'd Sentry.

But Thanos still gets me because he can't be killed either, and he's got the pimp hand. Imagine if he did the windmill with amped pimp hand.

Enyalus
Regarding lobo, He may not be able to be killed but cant he be koed? id find it hard to believe otherwise.

Healing factor better than Wolverine's or Hulk's pretty much prevents that. He was launched with an upper cut into lower orbit and through a space station, and by the time Supes flew there, had no visible damage to show for it and was perfectly fine. He's also been blown apart at the waist and was still conscious and trash talking.

Plus, if we're using full capacity, he's got the blood cloning thing going for him. And Lobo always keeps his word. If you've hired him to protect you, he's going to do that.

Galan007
Regarding lobo, He may not be able to be killed but cant he be koed? id find it hard to believe otherwise. what eny said.

and as far as thanos' energy attacks are concerned, i have a hard time believing they'd be able to seriously injure lobo either. especially when you consider the combined forces he was unfazed by during "RiH."

Ouallada
It is worth noting that Thanos doesn't necessarily have to defeat your pick to kill you. A radial energy blast could well end it pretty quickly, which could be a reason to pick Thor for his absorption abilities. Lobo is a great choice barring matter manip if Thanos has to beat him before getting to you, but may not be the best equipped to stop Thanos from gunning for you without beating him first.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Ouallada
It is worth noting that Thanos doesn't necessarily have to defeat your pick to kill you. A radial energy blast could well end it pretty quickly, which could be a reason to pick Thor for his absorption abilities. Lobo is a great choice barring matter manip if Thanos has to beat him before getting to you, but may not be the best equipped to stop Thanos from gunning for you without beating him first.

Good point Quall... A good omni directional blast would be hard for any character to deal with.

KuRuPT Thanosi
what eny said.

and as far as thanos' energy attacks are concerned, i have a hard time believing they'd be able to seriously injure lobo either. especially when you consider the combined forces he was unfazed by during "RiH."

I'm also wondering if Lobo could deal with the matter manipulation and TP powers that Thanos brings to the table. I've read some Lobo but certainly not the most versed or know of all his feats. Is he viewed as below thanos or a peer in these areas?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Good point Quall... A good omni directional blast would be hard for any character to deal with.

Not Thor. With Mjolnir in hand he can easily absorb or simply create a barrier to block such an attack. Just saying....

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not Thor. With Mjolnir in hand he can easily absorb or simply create a barrier to block such an attack. Just saying....

Good point and why he might also be a good choice along with Lobo and Supes imo

Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up

His my choice here. Best defensive capabilities, as well, as the biggest power out put in my opinion. Even Thanos will have trouble against say a God Blast.

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm also wondering if Lobo could deal with the matter manipulation and TP powers that Thanos brings to the table. I've read some Lobo but certainly not the most versed or know of all his feats. Is he viewed as below thanos or a peer in these areas? i know he's resisted matter manip. in the past... though i can't recall if the matter manip. he's tanked was on thanos' level.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up

His my choice here. Best defensive capabilities, as well, as the biggest power out put in my opinion. Even Thanos will have trouble against say a God Blast.

If he have time to pull it out.

Still saying that Surfer is the best option to gtfo of his sight, and Thor if we have to fight him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.