KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos is out to kill you.

Thanos is out to kill you.
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Thanos is out to kill you.

And you're locked on an indestructible, deserted planet. He is about 1 mile from your current location and you can call only one of the following characters to protect you:

Superman
Thor
WWH
Sentry
Gladiator
Black Adam
Silver Surfer
Orion
GL (Hal)
Lobo

They can't fly/teleport etc. you out of there. They can't affect you directly in any way and are only there to defeat Thanos/save you.

Who do you call ?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:24 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

DS, or Hal. DS has his OB/OS that can hurt Thanos. Hal has his blue ring! That would be enough.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:25 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Goddess of Fury
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:25 PM
Goddess of Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Goddess of Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Goddess of Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
DS, or Hal. DS has his OB/OS that can hurt Thanos. Hal has his blue ring! That would be enough.
I edited DS out.

Current Hal doesn't have a blue ring.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:26 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoulDevourer
M0DERAT0R

WWH

(btw which Thor is it?)

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:27 PM
SoulDevourer is currently offline Click here to Send SoulDevourer a Private Message Find more posts by SoulDevourer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

My pick is Thor...
On the second thought, it won't help me good enough...

Survivor19 is currently offline Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Philosophía
I edited DS out.

Current Hal doesn't have a blue ring.

mad I forgot that it left his finger.

Any ways, it would be Lobo because he can heal fast. Enough for me to run away. Hal is still a good option. He cam create anything he wants(some limits though). He can try making a boomtube

xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Can Thanos be teleported out and can he tp back in if so?

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:28 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
r0nm0n88

im callen good ol superman, not that i feel hes the best on the list. but i feel he would try to save me till the end. i could see some of the others being beaten and just quitting. supes wouldnt quit on me

r0nm0n88 is currently offline Click here to Send r0nm0n88 a Private Message Find more posts by r0nm0n88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by SoulDevourer
WWH

(btw which Thor is it?)
Since I didn't specify otherwise, it's current Thor.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
He can try making a boomtube

Like I said, no helping you leave the planet. You're basically on your own, except the hero you choose gets in Thanos's way in order to help you survive.

Originally posted by Nihilist
Can Thanos be teleported out and can he tp back in if so?

No. For all intents and purposes, you and the other characters involved are stuck on the planet.

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 10th, 2009 at 10:32 PM

janus77
Banana Genius

they're all pretty useless, considering that it'd take Thanos less time to get to me (1 mile distance) than it would for me to utter the words necessary to convey my predicament (or even come up with the thoughts necessary to coherently express my peril).

simply put, I'm dead.

if it was a trillion miles or some other vast distance, then perhaps I'd call on the Hulk and really scare the shit out of him with stories about Thanos. that way, when Thanos arrives, I'd have somebody around who could conceivably beat the snot out of him, physically.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman always saves the day.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:30 PM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Thor.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:30 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Philosophía

Like I said, no helping you leave the planet. You're basically on your own, except the hero you choose gets in Thanos's way in order to help you survive.

Who said it would be for me? It would be used to get Thanos of out the planet and into a massive black hole. Also, how long do they have to protect me for? Till Thanos dies?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:39 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

I don't think that anyone could really save you on this short distance sooner or later he would land a hit on you and that would definately enough

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:44 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

since there is no BFR, i'd go with lobo.

where strength/durability/speed/reflexes are concerned, lobo certainly has what it takes to hang with thanos. not to mention that there is no feasible way thanos could outlast him, or come remotely close to killing him [which cannot be said about any of the others listed.]

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 10th, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by shokosugi
Superman always saves the day.

That b lister wont beat Thanos.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 11:17 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Hal for me.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 11:18 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by The Nuul
That b lister wont beat Thanos.

laughing you can't get over him right?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 11:24 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mrblonde

Lobo

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 11:41 PM
Mrblonde is currently offline Click here to Send Mrblonde a Private Message Find more posts by Mrblonde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote