Fastest Attack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
Assuming equivalent power levels, what's the fastest attack?

--- Speedblitz? Some would say this can be lightspeed or faster, generally regarding it as the killshot / winning shot in a wide variety of scenarios. But is it really faster than...
--- Bolts of energy? These are lightspeed minimally but can be faster if the character has FTL ability (otherwise they outrace the energy bolt).
--- Telekinetic? As generally depicted, the effect is 'suddenly there'. Yes, it takes a thought to initiate it, but then, it takes a thought to initiate any of these tactics (so we'll assume equivalent brainspeed in all these attacks).

Again, power levels and brainspeed are equivalent. Only attack speed is being considered here. Which is the fastest and why?

Placidity
I would say...

1. Telekinetic or other mind powers.
2. FTL Energy Blasts
3. Speed Blitz

Edit: It only says assume equal brain speed. That means even though you brain registers that the Flash is about to IMP you, your body would not be able to move anywhere near fast enough to get out of the way or launch your own energy blast. So probably Blitz>Energy Blast.

Peterlane
Sentry and Vulcans attacks

manx422
Flash

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Placidity

2. FTL Energy Blasts
3. Speed Blitz

Mindship
Originally posted by Placidity
It only says assume equal brain speed. That means even though you brain registers that the Flash is about to IMP you, your body would not be able to move anywhere near fast enough to get out of the way or launch your own energy blast. So probably Blitz>Energy Blast.
Good point, when considering defense or counterattack. But I'm thinking First Strike.

Kris Blaze
Flash pulled off an IMP when he was approaching light-speed. A lot of people would see that coming.

Lord Feron
Hard to determine the speed of a telekinetic attack. I mean you can't really see the attack so we would have to know how fast that being's mind can function at. I mean emma's mind is great but it's possible Flash could hit her before she could try anything. I'm not sure.

Idk if someone had a example of say a GL catching a flash trying to I would say that would be a example of mind power (will in this case) being able to keep up with a object or person with great speed.

Anyway. (strictly depending on who the person is be generally this)...

2. FTL Energy Blasts
3. Speed Blitz

xJLxKing
They are all the same

Galan007
zoom's speedblitzes, i'd say.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindship
Assuming equivalent power levels, what's the fastest attack?

--- Speedblitz? Some would say this can be lightspeed or faster, generally regarding it as the killshot / winning shot in a wide variety of scenarios. But is it really faster than...
--- Bolts of energy? These are lightspeed minimally but can be faster if the character has FTL ability (otherwise they outrace the energy bolt).
--- Telekinetic? As generally depicted, the effect is 'suddenly there'. Yes, it takes a thought to initiate it, but then, it takes a thought to initiate any of these tactics (so we'll assume equivalent brainspeed in all these attacks).

Again, power levels and brainspeed are equivalent. Only attack speed is being considered here. Which is the fastest and why?

I believe no energy bolt can exceed the speed of light in comics. Many energy bolts are slower than light.

IMO, Telekinesis either moves less than or equal to the speed of light or it teleports. Teleporting wouldn't be considered a speed since it can't be causated with in the prime reality.

Thus a speedblitz is the fastest type of attack.

psycho gundam
telepathy's fastest instances iirc were due to already established mind links; lilandra contacting charles on earth from her shi'ar kingdom cause of lord semadar's coup, or d'ken i think.

AsbestosFlaygon
Zoom's timeblitzes

Rage.Of.Olympus
Depends whose utilizing the speed blitz.

A speed blitz from Wally would easily be faster than a bolt of energy shot at an enemy (I doubt it an energy attack would exceed light speed, hell some are a lot slower, but this is comics.) or a telepathic bolt etc.

complexbrother
time manipulation attacks I.E. Hourman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.