KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Fastest Attack

Fastest Attack
Started by: Mindship

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Fastest Attack

Assuming equivalent power levels, what's the fastest attack?

--- Speedblitz? Some would say this can be lightspeed or faster, generally regarding it as the killshot / winning shot in a wide variety of scenarios. But is it really faster than...
--- Bolts of energy? These are lightspeed minimally but can be faster if the character has FTL ability (otherwise they outrace the energy bolt).
--- Telekinetic? As generally depicted, the effect is 'suddenly there'. Yes, it takes a thought to initiate it, but then, it takes a thought to initiate any of these tactics (so we'll assume equivalent brainspeed in all these attacks).

Again, power levels and brainspeed are equivalent. Only attack speed is being considered here. Which is the fastest and why?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 01:30 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I would say...

1. Telekinetic or other mind powers.
2. FTL Energy Blasts
3. Speed Blitz

Edit: It only says assume equal brain speed. That means even though you brain registers that the Flash is about to IMP you, your body would not be able to move anywhere near fast enough to get out of the way or launch your own energy blast. So probably Blitz>Energy Blast.

Last edited by Placidity on Oct 18th, 2009 at 01:45 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 01:43 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peterlane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry and Vulcans attacks

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 02:08 PM
Peterlane is currently offline Click here to Send Peterlane a Private Message Find more posts by Peterlane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manx422
Restricted

Account Restricted

Flash

Credit goes 2 starlock

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 02:09 PM
manx422 is currently offline Click here to Send manx422 a Private Message Find more posts by manx422 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity

2. FTL Energy Blasts
3. Speed Blitz

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 02:17 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Placidity
It only says assume equal brain speed. That means even though you brain registers that the Flash is about to IMP you, your body would not be able to move anywhere near fast enough to get out of the way or launch your own energy blast. So probably Blitz>Energy Blast.

Good point, when considering defense or counterattack. But I'm thinking First Strike.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 03:44 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Flash pulled off an IMP when he was approaching light-speed. A lot of people would see that coming.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 07:34 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Hard to determine the speed of a telekinetic attack. I mean you can't really see the attack so we would have to know how fast that being's mind can function at. I mean emma's mind is great but it's possible Flash could hit her before she could try anything. I'm not sure.

Idk if someone had a example of say a GL catching a flash trying to I would say that would be a example of mind power (will in this case) being able to keep up with a object or person with great speed.

Anyway. (strictly depending on who the person is be generally this)...

2. FTL Energy Blasts
3. Speed Blitz

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 08:27 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

They are all the same

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 08:29 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

zoom's speedblitzes, i'd say.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 08:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Fastest Attack

Originally posted by Mindship
Assuming equivalent power levels, what's the fastest attack?

--- Speedblitz? Some would say this can be lightspeed or faster, generally regarding it as the killshot / winning shot in a wide variety of scenarios. But is it really faster than...
--- Bolts of energy? These are lightspeed minimally but can be faster if the character has FTL ability (otherwise they outrace the energy bolt).
--- Telekinetic? As generally depicted, the effect is 'suddenly there'. Yes, it takes a thought to initiate it, but then, it takes a thought to initiate any of these tactics (so we'll assume equivalent brainspeed in all these attacks).

Again, power levels and brainspeed are equivalent. Only attack speed is being considered here. Which is the fastest and why?

I believe no energy bolt can exceed the speed of light in comics. Many energy bolts are slower than light.

IMO, Telekinesis either moves less than or equal to the speed of light or it teleports. Teleporting wouldn't be considered a speed since it can't be causated with in the prime reality.

Thus a speedblitz is the fastest type of attack.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 05:40 AM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

telepathy's fastest instances iirc were due to already established mind links; lilandra contacting charles on earth from her shi'ar kingdom cause of lord semadar's coup, or d'ken i think.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 07:00 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Zoom's timeblitzes

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 08:07 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Depends whose utilizing the speed blitz.

A speed blitz from Wally would easily be faster than a bolt of energy shot at an enemy (I doubt it an energy attack would exceed light speed, hell some are a lot slower, but this is comics.) or a telepathic bolt etc.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:19 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

time manipulation attacks I.E. Hourman

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:44 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote