Console Wishlist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
I just got a hold of a bunch of contact numbers and mailing lists from Nintendo and Sony.

I made this thread for us to share and exchange new ideas for future consoles, what we want to see in the next-gen of consoles.

Feel free to share your opinions. I will compile the wishlists and send them to Sony and Nintendo.
If you want, I can also send you the contacts through PM.

NemeBro
No Microsoft?

GTFO.

AsbestosFlaygon
I can't find their mailing list confused

Scythe
Well, I ofcourse love backwards compatibility with the old shit that I have. If Sony ever (you never know) decides to only play current games and leave PS2/3 games in the dust, that would piss me off. Though there's no reason why they wouldn't get rid of that, just hoping they never make a dumb decision like that.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Scythe
Sony ever (you never know) decides to only play current games and leave PS2/3 games in the dust, that would piss me off. .

Why not PS1 games?

yes i still own them.

-Pr-
Well, I ofcourse love backwards compatibility with the old shit that I have. If Sony ever (you never know) decides to only play current games and leave PS2/3 games in the dust, that would piss me off. Though there's no reason why they wouldn't get rid of that, just hoping they never make a dumb decision like that.

they did that with the ps3 slim. it's not backwards compatible at all, unless sony have since gone back on their word.

Kazenji
The first lot of 60 gig PS3s had the ps2 emulation and then after they for some stupid readon Sony did'nt bother about putting it into the later models.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why not PS1 games?

yes i still own them.

Also! I still have a ton, and although I've yet come across a PS1 game my PS3 doesn't want to play, I'd want that in any future Sony consoles.

Originally posted by -Pr-
they did that with the ps3 slim. it's not backwards compatible at all, unless sony have since gone back on their word.

What?! Seriously?? They only play PS3 games? Sucks balls right there. I was thinking of trading up, nevermind now.

-Pr-
Also! I still have a ton, and although I've yet come across a PS1 game my PS3 doesn't want to play, I'd want that in any future Sony consoles.

What?! Seriously?? They only play PS3 games? Sucks balls right there. I was thinking of trading up, nevermind now.

i read an article a while back where a sony spokesperson said that they believed ps3 had a decent enough library by now, so backwards compatibility was no longer a requirement.

which is bollocks, tbh. one of the main draws for buying a ps3 for me was being able to play my ps2 and ps1 games on the thing. i'm not buying one now.

Scythe
i read an article a while back where a sony spokesperson said that they believed ps3 had a decent enough library by now, so backwards compatibility was no longer a requirement.

which is bollocks, tbh. one of the main draws for buying a ps3 for me was being able to play my ps2 and ps1 games on the thing. i'm not buying one now.

Damn. I need to verify this for sure. You should track down one of the older ones.

Kazenji

Unless of course you can manage to find one of the earlier models of the 60 gig's.

-Pr-
http://www.ethioplanet.com/news/2009/11/05/why-the-ps3-slim-has-no-backwards-compatibility/

http://kotaku.com/5340337/sony-explain-why-the-ps3-slim-has-no-backwards-compatibility

Scythe
Unless of course you can manage to find one of the earlier models of the 60 gig's.

I have one those currently, it plays all my PS2 games, so far all of my PS1 games too. I saw the slim PS3 and thought maybe I'd get it since it's smaller and takes up less space. Wouldn't be a burden to carry it around to a friend's house too, but I guess not.

http://www.ethioplanet.com/news/2009/11/05/why-the-ps3-slim-has-no-backwards-compatibility/

http://kotaku.com/5340337/sony-explain-why-the-ps3-slim-has-no-backwards-compatibility

Damn, thanks for the links. Soooooo keeping my old one.

-Pr-
I have one those currently, it plays all my PS2 games, so far all of my PS1 games too. I saw the slim PS3 and thought maybe I'd get it since it's smaller and takes up less space. Wouldn't be a burden to carry it around to a friend's house too, but I guess not.

Damn, thanks for the links. Soooooo keeping my old one.

wish i could get one of those... sad

Mandrag Ganon
A Holodeck? That'd be pretty cool... though extraordinarily expensive.

The first lot of 60 gig PS3s had the ps2 emulation and then after they for some stupid readon Sony did'nt bother about putting it into the later models.

Monetary reasons. Since PS3 sales did so poorly in the beginning, and due to the deteriorating economic condition Sony was loosing too much money to keep the PS3 in production as is, something had to go, and since Backwards compatibility was really the only expendable feature on the PS3, it was kicked to cut down on costs... or at least that's Sony's story.

Scythe
wish i could get one of those... sad

Look for one, it's worth it!

-Pr-
Look for one, it's worth it!

maybe when i can afford it, i'll have a look...

Demonic Phoenix
Damn. I need to verify this for sure. You should track down one of the older ones.

Pr's correct. Sony removed backwards compatibility for PS2 on the new PS3 slim. Meh, it hasn't really affected me at all since my fatass PS2 is still working.
Though I agree with you. Backwards compatibility should not be removed in any future models. That would be a serious kick in the nuts to PlayStation fans.

EDIT: Never mind, he provided you with links.

Ridley_Prime
*sigh* Sony.. The lack of backwards compatibility killed any chance I had of getting a Slim as well, and I thought the DSi not being able to play GBA games was bad. lol

One Free Man
Tell sony to stop downgrading their psp. it was fat and sturdy, then it was thin, chincy, and glossy in your hands, now its really small, very un-ergonomic and you can't use any sort of disks inside of it.

AsbestosFlaygon
I have a PSP Go, newly purchased.
The graphics are a lot better than the previous models, thanks to the smaller sized screen with the original resolution from the larger screens in previous models.

Haven't seen a DSi LL for sale here yet, but won't really bother anyway, since I'm happy with my DS Lite and GBA games.

I will try to get the mailing list for Microsoft. Maybe we can request them to make a portable version of XBOX.

Keep 'em coming guys.

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I have a PSP Go, newly purchased.
The graphics are a lot better than the previous models, thanks to the smaller sized screen with the original resolution from the larger screens in previous models..

SHame can't play the PSP games on it.

AsbestosFlaygon
SHame can't play the PSP games on it.
What are you talking about?
You can download the games in the Playstation Network.

Kazenji
But the point is if you own some PSP games and then you went out and got a PSP Go them games pretty much become useless.

Peach
What's with the surprise about the lack of backwards compatibility on the PS3? BC has been non-existent or very limited on that system since about 6 months after launch.

Personally, while I think it had some to do with price, I also think it was a move to push people to actually buy PS3 games, since initially people were only buying the system as it was a cheap (at the time) blu-ray player, and then just continuing to buy PS2 games. Which meant Sony was making no money.

Also, while I don't like the PSP Go (it feels very fragile to me, and I dislike the download only thing), the original PSP was probably the least sturdy handheld/console to ever exist. Redesigning it and releasing the PSP slim was probably one of the smarter moves that Sony's made.

Phanteros
Hold on we getting off topic. This is a wishlist for future consoles not an debate which is better.

MooCowofJustice
I want Sony to see about remakes of the Tomba! games. Continuation of Sly Cooper would be cool. A return to the classic style of Spyro would rock.

I always thought a Megaman FPS game would be cool. But that is probably asking too much.

I can't think of anything else. erm

NemeBro
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I want Sony to see about remakes of the Tomba! games. The developer does not exist anymore unfortunately, and the game was in all honesty not a big enough name to warrant this.

Phanteros
Megaman as a series has gone down hill now, only existing as mere handheld. Capcom obviously has their heads up their asses with DMC to care about refining it.

AsbestosFlaygon
bump

C'mon guys!
I need more feedbacks about what us gamers want to have for the next-gen consoles..

Scythe
Backwards compatability seems big in the thread so far.

AsbestosFlaygon
Now that the new versions of the DS has a built-in camera, Nintendo could've at least added the feature to make video & voice calls.

I mean, you can make voice calls via Skype or other 3rd party app with a PSP Brite.
Nintendo could've made their console have additional feature of video calls with that camera.

Weltall
Battery power as well as plug, to prevent the system from turning off in the event of the fuse blowing etc..

AsbestosFlaygon
Okay, here's a brief rundown of the wishlist for each console (so far):

360 ~
Backwards compatibility with XBOX
XBOX Live for FREE

PS3 ~
Backwards compatibility with PS2

Wii ~
More multi-platform game titles
Stop making useless add-ons

PSP ~
Second analog rub
Sixaxis
Dual Shock
Camera

DSi ~
Voice and video calls
More multimedia functions (MP3/MP4 playback, photo viewer)
Less weight (preferably less than 200g)
Separate version with analog rub instead of D-pad
Wider or bigger buttons

Weltall
Originally posted by Weltall
Battery power as well as plug, to prevent the system from turning off in the event of the fuse blowing etc..

no expression

Scythe
PS3 ~
Backwards compatibility with PS2

And PS1 if possible.

Weltall
Indded.

Weltall
The PS1 always had a better gaming library than the PS2 imf.

AsbestosFlaygon
And PS1 if possible.
That's too demanding honestly erm

That's like asking Nintendo to bring back Gamecube/N64 compatibility to their future consoles.

BTW, another DSi request: Bring back GBA compatibility.

Scythe
I don't think so, if they shoot for PS2 compatability, why not PS1 since many people invested quite a bit their old PS1 games. I figure technology would get better and better that it would be possible.

Kazenji
The PS1 always had a better gaming library than the PS2 imf.

Then you have'nt played many PS2 games to make that comment.

Weltall
Or perhaps I've played enough of the PS1. With games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Suikoden, Suikoden II, Star Ocean: Second Story, Valkyrie Profile, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Tales of Destiny, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, Vagrant Story, Grandia, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Threads of Fate, Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2, Legend of Mana etc. etc. etc. (the list goes on) the PS1 easily has the greater quantity of high quality games. Not that the PS2's isn't great or anything, it's my second favorite gaming library after the PS1, but it doesn't come close.

Weltall
Plenty of other great games I didn't add as well such as Breath of Fire III and IV, Dragon Warrior VII, Tekken 3. Really, the number of awesome ass games on the PS1 smashes that of any other console.

-Pr-
the problem, as i see it, as the that PS1 had such an awesome library of games that just aren't available anymore for any reasonable amount of money. Games that you could also play on your PS2, which keeps them fresh in your mind. Three Final Fantasies, Metal Gear Solid, the Tomb Raider series, the Resident Evil series, etc. How many people would actually still play those games if they still could. I know i would.

Me, personally, if i bought a ps3, i'd spend an extortionate amount of money downloading PS1 games for the system.

AsbestosFlaygon
I don't think so, if they shoot for PS2 compatability, why not PS1 since many people invested quite a bit their old PS1 games. I figure technology would get better and better that it would be possible.
Don't be such a cheapo.
If you're really desperate to play those PS1 games, why not buy a PSOne?
It's dirt cheap nowadays.

Technology does get better and better, that doesn't mean we should stick with the old tech..
The whole point of technological advancement in gaming consoles is to improve and/or introduce cutting edge graphics and/or gameplay.

What would be the point of making new consoles, if people preferred to stick to the old games?

Scythe
Don't be such a cheapo.

Technology does get better and better, that doesn't mean we should stick with the old tech..
The whole point of technological advancement in gaming consoles is to improve and/or introduce cutting edge graphics and/or gameplay.

What would be the point of making new consoles, if people preferred to stick to the old games?

Not being a cheapo, the first generation PS3 could do it, why can't the PS4?

AsbestosFlaygon
More exclusives for PS3 and Wii

-Pr-
Don't be such a cheapo.

do you know how much a PS1 costs on something like amazon? it's insane.

and if the new games were good enough, there'd be no issue.

Scythe
I'd settle for any future Sony consoles to achieve a great number os PS1 classics that made the console amazing. I don't have a problem re-buying PS1 games from the PSN Store, even though I have some already in my room, but to update with more classics. They're doing a good job as of now, but there's still a few gems out there they haven't put in their store.

AsbestosFlaygon
Like what really?
Every classic 'gem' in PS1 is available for download in the PSN Store.
The only games aren't there are the Japanese exclusives, the ones that were never translated

Darth Jello
I want more virtual console and wiiware support in North America, including MSX support. I want to be able to play all the cool and weird MSX games we missed out on. Yeah, I got the first two metal gear games in subsistence, but I want to play Contra and Vampire Killer legally.

Scythe
Like what really?
The only games aren't there are the Japanese exclusives, the ones that were never translated

They could still add a few fan favorites.

Or perhaps I've played enough of the PS1. With games like Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Suikoden, Suikoden II, Star Ocean: Second Story, Valkyrie Profile, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Tales of Destiny, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, Vagrant Story, Grandia, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Threads of Fate, Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2, Legend of Mana etc. etc. etc. (the list goes on) the PS1 easily has the greater quantity of high quality games. Not that the PS2's isn't great or anything, it's my second favorite gaming library after the PS1, but it doesn't come close.

These for example. To my knowledge, they don't have most of these, and it would be cool, but I give up, PS2 games only... Sigh...

ArtificialGlory
My only wish is for them to get the next generation consoles out ASAP, so that gaming can move on.

-Pr-
Like what really?

every single one? you sure about that?

Demonic Phoenix
^ Shenmue should have been ported to the PS1 mmm

Don't be such a cheapo.

Possibly a sense of sentimentality or nostalgia. Or they just find the game enjoyable no matter when they play it. Have you just cast aside Pokemon Red/Blue, or do you still play the game sometimes? Heard of retro gamers? You must then wonder why those guys play older games that appeared on the NES and such, or even games that appeared before that.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ Shenmue should have been ported to the PS1 mmm

Possibly a sense of sentimentality or nostalgia. Or they just find the game enjoyable no matter when they play it. Have you just cast aside Pokemon Red/Blue, or do you still play the game sometimes? Heard of retro gamers? You must then wonder why those guys play older games that appeared on the NES and such, or even games that appeared before that.

it's not even as much nostalgia as it is the quality of the games. those were some awesome games.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
My only wish is for them to get the next generation consoles out ASAP, so that gaming can move on.

I disagree.

I'd rather they wait a while before introducing high-priced hardware bound to get faulty.

And I ain't looking forward to nintento entering the next-gen with another "gimmick" and current-graphics.

Plus I've spent too much in this generation with all the broken 360s, and now PS3, to have to spend money on new machines when things aren't looking too good with the current economy.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I disagree.

I'd rather they wait a while before introducing high-priced hardware bound to get faulty.

And I ain't looking forward to nintento entering the next-gen with another "gimmick" and current-graphics.

Plus I've spent too much in this generation with all the broken 360s, and now PS3, to have to spend money on new machines when things aren't looking too good with the current economy.
Co-signed.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I disagree.

I concur
... though where I'm from, I could care less about the economy

Demonic Phoenix
it's not even as much nostalgia as it is the quality of the games. those were some awesome games.

Enjoyment it is then, indirectly.

Weltall
Indirectly?

AsbestosFlaygon
every single one? you sure about that?
What do you expect?

Even the Virtual Console, no matter how huge it's collection may be, doesn't have every game of each console in it's library erm

Demonic Phoenix
Indirectly?

You think the quality of the games are great, and you think they are awesome. Unless you are from another planet (hate to use such a statement, but meh), you enjoy playing awesome games. Ergo, enjoyment.

Pr said those games are awesome. He enjoys playing those games (I hope stick out tongue), but never outright stated it. Ergo, indirectly. Implied would have been better, but meh.

~ tl;dr hun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.