Azazel vs Algol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero

Darkstorm Zero
Ah well.... Nobody is interested this time...

NemeBro
Algol was creating cataclysm across the planet.

What has Azazel done?

Darkstorm Zero
Similar.... if not exactly the same thing.

However, he didn't get anywhere near the amount of time to do so as Algol did, thus = less impressive.

(That and other than my own story mode extrapolation in-game on the PS3 verson, there is not much information on Azazel as of yet)

Demonic Phoenix
If Jin could beat Azazel, I'm pretty sure Algol could do so as well.

Though Jin beating these powerful antagonists is getting idiotic...

~ On that note, Is Azazel really the progenitor of the DG barker?

Darkstorm Zero
Firstly, according to the Scenario mode, it was Lars that defeated Azazel, not Jin, although Mr. Kazama did strike the last blow.

Indeed, in the prefight text bitween Devil Jin and Azazel, Azazel reveals he was the originator of the Devil Gene, and the creator of the Devil spirits which use them (Eg: Kazuya's completed Devil in Tekken 2, and Jinpachi's Devil in Tekken 5)

NemeBro
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Firstly, according to the Scenario mode, it was Lars that defeated Azazel, not Jin, although Mr. Kazama did strike the last blow.

Indeed, in the prefight text bitween Devil Jin and Azazel, Azazel reveals he was the originator of the Devil Gene, and the creator of the Devil spirits which use them (Eg: Kazuya's completed Devil in Tekken 2, and Jinpachi's Devil in Tekken 5) 1. Lars is not really all that impressive IMO...

2. That is kind of gay...A giant chicken being the origin of the Devil Gene? Lol.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Indeed, in the prefight text bitween Devil Jin and Azazel, Azazel reveals he was the originator of the Devil Gene, and the creator of the Devil spirits which use them (Eg: Kazuya's completed Devil in Tekken 2, and Jinpachi's Devil in Tekken 5)

My info was misguided then. Well, if Lars could beat him...

Does DJ end up absorbing this dude's power as well facepalm2?

Ogre would have been a better candidate for originator imo. Azazel is like Dark Khan >__>. While I like the design of his head, his overall body structure and palette are not good.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by NemeBro
1. Lars is not really all that impressive IMO...

I dunno about that... He did manage to floor Heihachi, Kazuya twice, and Jin twice during the Scenario mode

2. That is kind of gay...A giant chicken being the origin of the Devil Gene? Lol.

Not a giant chicken... he's more of a take on Anubis

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
My info was misguided then. Well, if Lars could beat him...

Read above

Does DJ end up absorbing this dude's power as well facepalm2?

No, In DJ's ending, he takes the Dark heart orb from Azazel's chest, but as soon as he touches it, his devil power gets absorbed, and he is forcibly transformed back into a human

Ogre would have been a better candidate for originator imo. Azazel is like Dark Khan >__>. While I like the design of his head, his overall body structure and palette are not good.

I dunno... Ogre was placed into the series to early for that, plus his reaction it Jin tells me he wasn't ready for it. besides... this actually adds to the speculative link bitween tekken and Soul Calibur...

SpadeKing

Though Jin beating these powerful antagonists is getting idiotic...

~ On that note, Is Azazel really the progenitor of the DG barker?

I'm pretty sure Jin said he was the only one who could destroy Azazel though I never finished the extra stages if anything happened after that.

Darkstorm Zero
It's unconfirmed wether or not Jin did actually kill Azazel

Shutter Control
I say Algol due to mobility, agility and probably the same level of attack damage, and worldwide damage. Why does SC...always looks a tad bit better than Tekken when an SC and a Tekken come out around the same time? I have SC4 and Tekken 6. Stared at all the women in customization so I know the graphics of Tekken. Barely touched it though.

LLLLLink
Algol, hands down. He has caused massive cataclysm, not to mention the non-canon of ripping a wormhole into the Star Wars universe...

Shutter Control
Did I just read Lars is not that impressive?

Have barely touched the game and this is what I already know:aPFk8JOcNoo- Parries missiles with his hands

- Reaches soldiers from a distance before they can point their guns and shoot

- Did not even get affected by one of the missles when it blew in his presence

Not that impressive my ass. big grin

Ridley_Prime
Did you overlook the "IMO" part at the end?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Algol, hands down. He has caused massive cataclysm, not to mention the non-canon of ripping a wormhole into the Star Wars universe...

Like I seaid before, azazel acheived similar effects, although his time in order to do it was extremely short compared to Algol. also remember that he was subconsciously manipulating Jin, Kazuya and Jinpachi long before he was actually awakened.

Ban Mido
Hmm in a straight up fight...I do like Algol but I can't help but be reminded how many times already Azazel has made me want to go punch an old woman out of frustration with his "lololol im defending and you cant tell oh and ima healing or appear to be" moves XD

Darkstorm Zero
Azazel stonewaling and teleporting is, indeed INCREDIBLY frustrating. then again, so was Night Terror, who is not quite Algol's level....

But I digress, Lorewise, Algol pulls the win the majority of the time

Shutter Control
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Did you overlook the "IMO" part at the end? Think it's obvious it was subjectivity. I just think the majority will not say, for a fighting character that those feats aren't impressive.

GenomeFrozener

Jin stated only a person with the Devil Gene can kill Azazel.
Anyways, I see Azazel winning.

NemeBro
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
Jin stated only a person with the Devil Gene can kill Azazel.
Anyways, I see Azazel winning. Because Jin is totally not a fallible character right?

Darkstorm Zero
Neme is right, Jin is making an assumption, not stating a fact, he was making a gamble.

Shutter Control
The fact PIS exists in fiction is also right, so the statement Jin beat Azazel is meaningless. Plus Jin is no push over. He had a barrier that was deflecting energy beams (Azazel's specifically), all thanks to the Devil Gene.

Darkstorm Zero
Yes, but that is not to say that Azazel could not do the same thing, after all, he created the Devil Gene in the first place.

What makes Jin unique, is that he is also of the Kazama bloodline, a bloodline that has unique abilities to fight against the Devils.

Shutter Control
Likely to be "nullifying" abilities if you ask me. I doubt Kazama blood is powerful. I think it is nullifying power, i.e. nullifying evil and/or devil power.

GenomeFrozener
Because Jin is totally a fallible character right?

Yer Yer! roll eyes (sarcastic)

I must agree as well, as he's the only Devil Gene wielder to actually fight Azazel.

Quoted for truth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.