Captain Marvel vs Thor H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
This is Billy against thor in a no holds barred fist to fist battle without lightening strikes and mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So, strength, skill, durability and stamina only?

No, flying and shit right?

Split. With Thor having the possibility of winning of he uses his superior fighting skill and him being tougher in my opinion etc.

chomperx9
thor still has 100 strength without mjlonir. i say he wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
Marvel's also a Class 100 though.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Marvel's also a Class 100 though. yeah but thors strength level is above his

celeyhyga17
is it really above his?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by chomperx9
yeah but thors strength level is above his

Nah. I think Thor, Superman and Marvel are all peers.

His raw physical strength alone, the strength of Hercules, isn't as strong as either Thor or Superman, but combined with the strength of Atlas fortified with the Power of Zeus, he can match Superman and Thor as I understand it.

Granted that Thor and Superman have more feats of strength than Marvel, but based on his direct confrontations, he seems a peer of Superman and an equal.

Still them both having more feats, might be a reason why someone would view both stronger. Hence why if I really have to? I'd give the nods to either Thor or Superman over Marvel, but they are peers for the most part.

Meh, thinking about it, I might change my vote to Thor.

KingD19
Well if you can 2 shot Superman, and fight evenly with Black Adam, I think you can take a few fights against Thor.

Spire
CM.

xJLxKing
CM
Without Mjlonir Thor isn't on the exact same level as Cm

thanos-prime
Wasn't aware CM is such a good fighter.

Kris Blaze
I don't see Thor taking it without Mjolnir.

KingD19
Thor's a beast, but most of his strength feats without Mjiolnir are lifting/moving/non combat feats.

BattleMage
So i guess in h2h Thor's 1000 Years of combat is out the window?

KingD19
I never said that, but in all of Thor's battles, do you see him using those millenia of combat experience, or do you see him whacking people with his hammer, and channeling his powers through his hammer...while whacking people with it?

khazra
Marvel takes a tiny majority. Neither are quite supes level physically but marvel has an edge.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
CM
Without Mjlonir Thor isn't on the exact same level as Cm How isn't he?

Rage.Of.Olympus
A split. Or if Thor decides to use his experience, and superior skill, he could take like 6 out of 10. Although I think his tougher in terms of damage soak on average it goes either way.

That's ridiculous.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KingD19
Thor's a beast, but most of his strength feats without Mjiolnir are lifting/moving/non combat feats.

Most of his fights with Hulk and Hercules are without Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well if you can 2 shot Superman, and fight evenly with Black Adam, I think you can take a few fights against Thor.

He used magic lightning for the first instance.

So can Thor or Superman. He could.

Spire
He used magic lightning for the first instance.

So can Thor or Superman. He could.

Lightning?

He used two amped punches...

quanchi112
Well if you can 2 shot Superman, and fight evenly with Black Adam, I think you can take a few fights against Thor. Thor isn't weak to magic like Superman is.

khazra
They were sucker punches. under normal circumstances marvel cant do that to supes.

Edit > he can stil ko him. I just mean he cant do it in 2 hits

Spire
Originally posted by khazra
They were sucker punches. under normal circumstances marvel cant do that to supes.

Edit > he can stil ko him. I just mean he cant do it in 2 hits

Which is why it's a nice durability feat for a couple reasons.

D-Block
CM

Yes he is.

D-Block
Originally posted by khazra
Neither are quite supes level physically .

disagree with this. CM has stalemated SM in direct strength contest.

Eaea
Er..... Thor. smile

celeyhyga17
Thor is probably a bit stronger. He also has the advantage in fighting skill. Captain Marvel has a big speed advantage though. I know Thor has shown superhuman reflexes and ability to deal with fast oppenents, but Captain Marvel is no slouch. With superior speed coupled with his class 100 strength, I see him edging Thor under these circumstances.

Captain Marvel takes it 6.5/10

Warlord
split

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Spire
Lightning?

He used two amped punches...

They were two punches that were covered in magical lightning weren't they?

Prep-Man
Captain Marvel for a majority.

Kasper Gutman
I dunno about CM taking any H2H fights from Thor. I've always pictured him as a better fighter than PC Superman but not on the same level as Black Adam, Hercules or Wonder Woman. Am I wrong to think of him as a raw fighter technically? He has mentioned learning to fight while growing up on the streets but that's pretty far from a skilled fighter.

Sasaraixx
Oh the irony in this thread.

Anyway, I'm going with Thor. The only advantage CM has in this fight is speed, but unlike someone like Wonder Woman he is not trained to use it in combat.

Their strength levels are roughly even, but I'd give the slightest edge to Thor. I'd also give Thor a slight edge in durability. Thor completely blows CM out of the water with experience, however and that is why he takes it. He is a warrior. This is the kind of fight he excels in.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Oh the irony in this thread.

Anyway, I'm going with Thor. The only advantage CM has in this fight is speed, but unlike someone like Wonder Woman he is not trained to use it in combat.

Their strength levels are roughly even, but I'd give the slightest edge to Thor. I'd also give Thor a slight edge in durability. Thor completely blows CM out of the water with experience, however and that is why he takes it. He is a warrior. This is the kind of fight he excels in.

Same with Diana and Cap took her out.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Prep-Man

really.. your going to say Diana is on the same physical level as thor?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Lord Feron
really.. your going to say Diana is on the same physical level as thor?

No, but their skill level is pretty similar. Both are great fighters.

Lord Feron
No, but their skill level is pretty similar. Both are great fighters.

I agree but the strength/durability/ etc gap is exceeds what the skill can cover. Thor has both skill and the stats to take it to CM.

Prep-Man
I agree but the strength/durability/ etc gap is exceeds what the skill can cover. Thor has both skill and the stats to take it to CM.

Not really. Cap is just as strong as Thor, with MAYBE a sleight edge to Thor, but it's not going to be an issue, especially since Cap is faster. Plus has just as good of a durability, if not better.

Sasaraixx

Which fight are you referring to?

And you do realize that this is only a H2H fight, right?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Which fight are you referring to?

And you do realize that this is only a H2H fight, right?

The one where Diana is commenting on Cap's "skills". He wasn't even fully in control, IIRC.

Don't forget that Billy can also draw upon the Wisdom Of Solomon as well. Along with amping up his stats.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I don't see Thor taking it without Mjolnir.

quanchi112
really.. your going to say Diana is on the same physical level as thor? Exactly. Thor is stronger than Diana.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -Pr-

Yep.

Sasaraixx
The one where Diana is commenting on Cap's "skills". He wasn't even fully in control, IIRC.

Don't forget that Billy can also draw upon the Wisdom Of Solomon as well. Along with amping up his stats.

The only fight I can think of off the top of my head is the one where they stalemated, so you're going to have to give me an issue or some scans to jog my memory. And I really don't think his skills are anywhere in the vicinity of WW's.

Yes, and Thor has hundreds of lifetimes of experience. He is a warrior. Born of warrior people. This is what he does. The only edge I'd give Billy is speed, but I don't see him using it to his advantage in a straight up H2H fight.

Prep-Man
Yeah, it was pretty much a stalemate, but shows Billy's skills. On top of that, Thor is a good fighter, but nothing Billy can't handle. He's not going to use advanced moves or whatnot.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Billy on purely the strength of Hercules cannot stand up to Thor. He needs the strength of Atlas as well.

Prep-Man
Which is why he can increase his strength. Cap is a peer to Superman. And I give Supes the sleight nod over Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Which is why he can increase his strength. Cap is a peer to Superman. And I give Supes the sleight nod over Thor.

He has to increase his strength to reach Thor's level.

Why? It's not like Thor doesn't have the feats to match.

And Thor's also a peer to Superman.

Prep-Man
No, I mean on top of his near or equal strength to Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, I mean on top of his near or equal strength to Thor.

You mean like the time he knocked out Superman? That was magic.

Although I do recall, it being stated, the Power of Zeus can amp his strength, but didn't that power get involved in one of his Superman fights and they were still even? Or not. It's been a while.

Prep-Man
You mean like the time he knocked out Superman? That was magic.

Although I do recall, it being stated, the Power of Zeus can amp his strength, but didn't that power get involved in one of his Superman fights and they were still even? Or not. It's been a while.

Superman has said that they were pretty much equals. They've been equals since they first met.

When Cap fought Dreadnought (?), he did amp his stats. This being had some of the JLA's powers at once. Martian Manhunter, Superman, Aquaman, etc...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman has said that they were pretty much equals. They've been equals since they first met.

When Cap fought Dreadnought (?), he did amp his stats. This being had some of the JLA's powers at once. Martian Manhunter, Superman, Aquaman, etc...

Captain Marvel is equal to Superman, but that's because of all the numerous godly abilities in him. Only using the strength given to him by Hercules he isn't.

Really? Never heard or read that personally surprisingly, but that's impressive. He had all of their powers, and Captain Marvel was holding his own?

What issue was this? I'm intrigued.

Zeuodin
Captain Marvel is equal to Superman, but that's because of all the numerous godly abilities in him. Only using the strength given to him by Hercules he isn't.

Really? Never heard or read that personally surprisingly, but that's impressive. He had all of their powers, and Captain Marvel was holding his own?

What issue was this? I'm intrigued. Um Wonder Woman did the same with Amazo. Is it still impressive?

Prep-Man

Yes, I know that. When Superman defeated Cap in armwrestling, Superman beat him only due to Mary borrowing his powers. With it, he stalemated him for 2 hrs.

Cap actually defeated him, until Dreadnaught reverted Cap to Billy, IIRC/

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Um Wonder Woman did the same with Amazo. Is it still impressive?

From what I recall, it's an impressive showing for her speed and reflexes. Outmaneuvering Amazo, blocking the heat vision and Green Lantern blasts etc.

If Billy was actually beating down on this opponent with nothing but raw power, then, that's impressive

And did that Amazo have John's and Aquaman powers? I don't recall them being mentioned but whatever.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, I know that. When Superman defeated Cap in armwrestling, Superman beat him only due to Mary borrowing his powers. With it, he stalemated him for 2 hrs.

Cap actually defeated him, until Dreadnaught reverted Cap to Billy, IIRC/

I know.

Issue number?

Prep-Man
I know.

Issue number?

Not off hand, but Billy amped his abilities from Zeus.

CosmicComet
Captain Marvel has never had to amp to be equal to Superman in strength. He's that way by default.

I have no problem acknowledging that Thor's base strength could possibly be a bit higher than both, but it won't take much for Marvel to get up to that.

And yeah Prep Man is right, Marvel was beating down Dreadnought with ease and making statements about 'liberally' mixing in Zeus' power or something of the sort before his own power inexplicably started being drained. Which I don't believe should happen given the mystical source of them. I'll try to find the scans.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He has to use the strength of Hercules and Atlas to match Superman from what I recall.

Not off hand, but Billy amped his abilities from Zeus.

Okay.

Prep-Man
He has to use the strength of Hercules and Atlas to match Superman from what I recall.

Okay.

Like the above poster said, he has that by default. It doesn't take time for him to match Superman. He's like that, unless someone borrows his powers like Mary or Freddy.

CosmicComet
That's because DC sees their own Hercules as lesser than Superman. If a portion of Atlas' strength is needed to equal them out then its still his base strength. Zeus' power is the only thing he needs to deliberately channel.

Remember when Captain Marvel and Superman were fused to the same body? Superman was floored by the power reading he was getting from Marvel, saying in shock he had no idea what Marvel was capable of. Which just shows both hold back against each other and neither try to dip into their power reserves.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Superman was impressed by his awareness of the world, the magical world, and his power.

Like the above poster said, he has that by default. It doesn't take time for him to match Superman. He's like that, unless someone borrows his powers like Mary or Freddy.

Again like I said, he has to use the strength of Atlas and Hercules from what I recall.

The strength of Atlas and Hercules are both his by default so he can access both. I simply meant if he used the strength of Hercules alone? Superman would win from what I understood.

It really doesn't matter since both attributes are a part of him. I simply thought of highlighting the difference.

Prep-Man
Yeah, Cap can be just as powerful as Thor, if he wants to. He took beatings from Spectre, survived being turned inside out, stood up against Thunderbolt magic, etc...

CosmicComet
Yea, Superman was impressed by his awareness of the world, the magical world, and his power.

Again like I said, he has to use the strength of Atlas and Hercules from what I recall.

The strength of Atlas and Hercules are both his by default so he can access both. I simply meant if he used the strength of Hercules alone? Superman would win from what I understood.

It really doesn't matter since both attributes are a part of him. I simply thought of highlighting the difference.

Nah his strength has the same deal with his durability.

His durability stat is basically shared between Achilles and Atlas the same way strength stat is shared between Hercules and Atlas. Although Herc/Achilles are credited as the main source.

He doesn't need to dip into Atlas' durability to be as durable as he is. He is that way by default. Same deal with his strength.

But seriously, all Superman mentioned about Marvel was the he 'felt SO much power' whereas Marvel was rather nonchalant about sharing with Clark for whatever reason.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, Cap can be just as powerful as Thor, if he wants to. He took beatings from Spectre, survived being turned inside out, stood up against Thunderbolt magic, etc...

Really how?

So? Spectre isn't exactly all powerful, and I'm assuming you are referring to Days of Vengeance? That didn't impress me much.

That's a nice durability/pain tolerance feat. Don't see that makes him as powerful as Thor.

Thunderbolt magic? Don't recall that and I need to the scene and writer. Thunderbolt has been punked before, and as I recall in one issue it couldn't create stuff like apartments without getting them from somewhere else.

Fluctuate a lot.

Prep-Man
Originally, Herc is pretty strong. He held up Thescyra and has the power to hold up the world. BOTH mentally and physically.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nah his strength has the same deal with his durability.

His durability stat is basically shared between Achilles and Atlas the same way strength stat is shared between Hercules and Atlas. Although Herc/Achilles are credited as the main source.

He doesn't need to dip into Atlas' durability to be as durable as he is. He is that way by default. Same deal with his strength.

But seriously, all Superman mentioned about Marvel was the he 'felt SO much power' whereas Marvel was rather nonchalant about sharing with Clark for whatever reason.

What do you mean nah? I basically said what you said. He uses the strength of Hercules and Atlas to match beings like Superman, but it doesn't matter because it's all a part of him. It's still his base strength.

Who knows.

Prep-Man
Really how?

So? Spectre isn't exactly all powerful, and I'm assuming you are referring to Days of Vengeance? That didn't impress me much.

That's a nice durability/pain tolerance feat. Don't see that makes him as powerful as Thor.

Thunderbolt magic? Don't recall that and I need to the scene and writer. Thunderbolt has been punked before, and as I recall in one issue it couldn't create stuff like apartments without getting them from somewhere else.

Fluctuate a lot.

By amping his attributes through Zeus. In one of Geoff Johns earlier JSA arcs (one with Ultra-Humanite taking over earth), he built a machine of some such to launch 5-D magic. It was said that nobody could have stood up to the attack, except Billy himself.

Billy has always been durable as hell. He even withstood the Spear of Destiny. Something Spectre couldn't handle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally, Herc is pretty strong. He held up Thescyra and has the power to hold up the world. BOTH mentally and physically.

Yea Pre-Crisis.

Prep-Man
Yea Pre-Crisis.

The one where he held up the world mentally and hinted he could also do it physically was in the last SHAZAM series, post crisis.

Rage.Of.Olympus
By amping his attributes through Zeus. In one of Geoff Johns earlier JSA arcs (one with Ultra-Humanite taking over earth), he built a machine of some such to launch 5-D magic. It was said that nobody could have stood up to the attack, except Billy himself.

Billy has always been durable as hell. He even withstood the Spear of Destiny. Something Spectre couldn't handle.

Again issue number so I can read it myself. Because Thunderbolts fluctuate a lot, and you just said Geoff Johns. The guy who sucks most at power levels. Look at Spectre. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Thunderbolt goes from not being able to make his own apartments as I recall, to being 5D level powerful.

Don't recall that, I'm sorry to say.

You've intrigued me. I've always liked Marvel.

Even recently ran into Marvel fan trying to prove his durability and thought I saw a lot of his high end durability feats. Props to you for teaching me something I don't know.

Was this Post or Pre? What issue? I want me some Marvel showings.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The one where he held up the world mentally and hinted he could also do it physically was in the last SHAZAM series, post crisis.

Shazam as in Shazam, or Trials of Shazam? Both Atlas and Hercules did something akin to this.

Prep-Man
Again issue number so I can read it myself. Because Thunderbolts fluctuate a lot, and you just said Geoff Johns. The guy who sucks most at power levels. Look at Spectre. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Thunderbolt goes from not being able to make his own apartments as I recall, to being 5D level powerful.

Don't recall that, I'm sorry to say.

You've intrigued me. I've always liked Marvel.

Even recently ran into Marvel fan trying to prove his durability and thought I saw a lot of his high end durability feats. Props to you for teaching me something I don't know.

Was this Post or Pre? What issue? I want me some Marvel showings.

You go to herochat, right? His feats are all there. Though, I warn you, some links to the pics don't work. At least you can view them the tiny way.

laughing

Anyway, Billy's durability has always been insane. Pre-Crisis, NOTHING could hurt him. Physical, mental, magic, and energy attacks couldn't do squat. This was the golden age of their durability. Mostly, the same has been shown Post crisis. Black Adam stood up to Onimar Synn. Someone above top tier.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You go to herochat, right? His feats are all there. Though, I warn you, some links to the pics don't work. At least you can view them the tiny way.

laughing

Anyway, Billy's durability has always been insane. Pre-Crisis, NOTHING could hurt him. Physical, mental, magic, and energy attacks couldn't do squat. This was the golden age of their durability. Mostly, the same has been shown Post crisis. Black Adam stood up to Onimar Synn. Someone above top tier.

Hmm, I rather read the issues. I'll look up and read them tomorrow. Thought I read most of his impressive feats Post-Crisis.

Looked through my photobucket account. Is the thunderbolt incident when he tosses

Yea Pre-Crisis he and Adam were uber durable. Depends on what level Onimar was at.

Prep-Man
Did you check out Powers of SHAZAM series? Those had some good issues as well.

zeel
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Wasn't aware CM is such a good fighter.

im thinking CM and thor are about the same strength wise but thor is a much better fighter.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zeel
im thinking CM and thor are about the same strength wise but thor is a much better fighter.

but Marvel is much faster. gotta give the edge to Marvel even by the slightest.

quanchi112
Yeah, Cap can be just as powerful as Thor, if he wants to. He took beatings from Spectre, survived being turned inside out, stood up against Thunderbolt magic, etc... The Spectre easily took him out the second time around. Marvel was nothing to the Spectre and BA also damaged the Spectre. To suggest Marvel's performance was awesome is ignoring how he needed the amp to survive and next they met Marvel was quickly taken out.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hmm, I rather read the issues. I'll look up and read them tomorrow. Thought I read most of his impressive feats Post-Crisis.

Looked through my photobucket account. Is the thunderbolt incident when he tosses

Yea Pre-Crisis he and Adam were uber durable. Depends on what level Onimar was at. Be careful. Imageshack scans have viruses on some of them. I caught one clicking on a scan. Their;s even a thread in the ict section where they state no more image shack scans.

supremthor
the way i see it i give marvel the win 6/10 over thor, by the rules cap wins. the only thing thor really has over marvel in this fight is exp. Marvel on the other hand is more durable then thor, faster and just as strong if not stronger.

quanchi112
Originally posted by supremthor
the way i see it i give marvel the win 6/10 over thor, by the rules cap wins. the only thing thor really has over marvel in this fight is exp. Marvel on the other hand is more durable then thor, faster and just as strong if not stronger. How is he more durable?

supremthor
his taken bigger punishment then thor, check out his respect thread

cdtm

I have those comics. It was under John Byrne.

Adventures of Superman #441 (BTS), Superman II #19, Adventures of Superman #442, are the issues in question.

And yeah, it was an impressive showing for Cap, but the thing is, it also wasn't proven Dreadnaut "stacks" powers like Amazo. The fact is, Aquaman, Elongated Man, and Martian Manhunter all took turns kicking his ass, until Psi Phon nullified their powers. (Psi Phon examines and deactivates their powers, and Dreadnaut duplicates them. Which makes no sense, if you consider this implies all powers are psionic based.. I mean, how can you deactivate Caps flipping invulnerability?)

cdtm
Oh. and Dreadnaut was defeated by Clark Kent using a personal force field.

Seriously. The reaction from the heroes was priceless.

Hyperion Prime
Captain Marvel takes this. I think he is stronger than Thor. CM stalemates Superman who in my opinion is also above Thor in strength.

JakeTheBank
Cap's speed and durability versus Thor's damage soak and experience is what it boils down ultimately, imo.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Cap's speed and durability versus Thor's damage soak and experience is what it boils down ultimately, imo.

Caps definately faster and I think with the "edge in strength" he can overwhelm Thor. It won't be quick and easy, but he can do it. Without the hammer I don't think Thor can put out enough power in his hits to accumulate sufficient damage quick enough.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Caps definately faster and I think with the "edge in strength" he can overwhelm Thor. It won't be quick and easy, but he can do it. Without the hammer I don't think Thor can put out enough power in his hits to accumulate sufficient damage quick enough.

I think any edge Cap has Thor strength wise isn't quite enough to clearly overpower him, but I can concede to Cap (and Superman for that matter) to having one. It's his mobility and speed that's the primary issue for Thor, imo.

I think Thor's fists are up to the task of being able to damage Cap or render him KOed.

Hyperion Prime
I think any edge Cap has Thor strength wise isn't quite enough to clearly overpower him, but I can concede to Cap (and Superman for that matter) to having one. It's his mobility and speed that's the primary issue for Thor, imo.

I think Thor's fists are up to the task of being able to damage Cap or render him KOed.

Do you think the ferocity of Black Adam would have a different effect? Or do you think thor edges him. You have probablly said in other threads, but I cant remember.

JakeTheBank
Do you think the ferocity of Black Adam would have a different effect? Or do you think thor edges him. You have probablly said in other threads, but I cant remember.

Different effect like how? Like would Black Adam fare better against CM or Thor?

Hyperion Prime
Different effect like how? Like would Black Adam fare better against CM or Thor?

Yeah I didn't phrase that too good. BA against Thor in this fight.

JakeTheBank
Yeah I didn't phrase that too good. BA against Thor in this fight.

Black Adam would do better because of his mean streak/ruthlessness, yeah. Cap's a decent fighter - as vouched by WW herself - but when push comes to shove, he's a nice kid. Thor's more willing to cut loose and put someone in their place than Cap is, and so is Black Adam.

carver9
Cap is winning this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.