Oddworld's 'Oddbox'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MadMel
looks like O.I. is making some kind of a comeback at last! big grin

on top of making a whole new game that is supposed to 'have cutscenes comparable to current GCI films', they are also releasing all 4 original oddworld games (abe's oddysee/exoddus, munche's oddysee and stranger's wrath) in a single PC game package titled 'Oddbox' sometime 'early 2010'

'bout damn time - i always wanted to play strangers wrath without owning an xbox stick out tongue

Mandrag Ganon
PC only? That's disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with PC games, just no money upgrade my PC all the time to keep up...

MadMel
you're kidding right?
we're talking about 2 games from the late 90's and 2 of the earliest xbox games ever..
i could get a windows 2000 to run those stick out tongue
well probably not but you get the idea - you wont need the latest machine to run them erm

Kazenji
Sounds good

I never played the full game of Abes Exodus only the demo and never played munche's oddysee and stranger's wrath.

MadMel
stranger's wrath is supposed to be the best oddworld game out erm
if thats true then i definitely want it, anything that can be considered better than exoddus must be worth playing stick out tongue

Kazenji
I never manage to find all the mudokens in the first game i always had 4 or 5 left if i remember

MadMel
if you think thats bad one time when i had all 99 rescued the game glitched out and removed a the lever i had to pull in order to finish the game sad
its much easier to find the mudokens in exoddus..
you see a bunch of green bottles on the ground and you think "somethings missing here" stick out tongue

Kazenji
Looking at this package according to wiki it will be only on Steam.

MadMel
yea i noticed that..
kinda unfortunate, but i do have steam for things like this, so its not big deal for me erm

Kazenji
I just signed up

all ready for it.

General G
Originally posted by MadMel
stranger's wrath is supposed to be the best oddworld game out erm
if thats true then i definitely want it, anything that can be considered better than exoddus must be worth playing stick out tongue

Never played Exodus, personally. However, I must give a lot of Kudos to Strangers Wrath, it is actually really good. I haven't played it in years, but it was one of the few games I rented for the Xbox and actually went out and bought.

SaTsuJiN
Nice.. ive always wanted to finish the oddworld games..

<3 abe

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/KIMCAI/oddworld2008.jpg

....aaaaaaand I do 'not' want to know whats in that jar sick ..

Kazenji
Whats that picture ment to be ??

can't see a thing.

MadMel
right click on it and select "open image in new window/tab
its a pic of abe with soulstorm brew - so basically its the cover for exoddus..

Kris Blaze
I regret not buying this for the old xbox when it was out.

Kazenji
Originally posted by MadMel
right click on it and select "open image in new window/tab

I don't have that option.

AsbestosFlaygon
Ah, nostalgia..

I remember Oddworld.. Abe was my favorite protagonist.. played both Abe's Oddysee and Exodus.

Also played Munch's Oddysee, but never bothered finishing the game. I hate him. Abe was so much cooler and awesomer.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Kazenji
Whats that picture ment to be ??

can't see a thing.

http://i12.tinypic.com/4plvn5x.jpg

big grin

MadMel
lol good ol' abe big grin
cant wait for this package..

Allankles
I played Abe's Odyssey, Munch and Stranger's Wrath. Have to say Stranger's Wrath was the best of the three I played. I might get this down the line, and it'll give me a chance to play Exodus for the first time.

MadMel
Big revival!

The Oddbox (Oddysee, Exoddus, Munch and Stranger's Wrath) Has been released on Steam for the holiday season.

Half price if you get it now. wink

Kazenji
Be even better if they released it in the shops.

MadMel
They are. wink

Kazenji
Sweet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.