KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Oddworld's 'Oddbox'

Oddworld's 'Oddbox'
Started by: MadMel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MadMel
Heh

Oddworld's 'Oddbox'

looks like O.I. is making some kind of a comeback at last! big grin

on top of making a whole new game that is supposed to 'have cutscenes comparable to current GCI films', they are also releasing all 4 original oddworld games (abe's oddysee/exoddus, munche's oddysee and stranger's wrath) in a single PC game package titled 'Oddbox' sometime 'early 2010'

'bout damn time - i always wanted to play strangers wrath without owning an xbox stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 01:11 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

PC only? That's disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with PC games, just no money upgrade my PC all the time to keep up...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 01:31 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

you're kidding right?
we're talking about 2 games from the late 90's and 2 of the earliest xbox games ever..
i could get a windows 2000 to run those stick out tongue
well probably not but you get the idea - you wont need the latest machine to run them erm

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 02:53 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds good

I never played the full game of Abes Exodus only the demo and never played munche's oddysee and stranger's wrath.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 03:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

stranger's wrath is supposed to be the best oddworld game out erm
if thats true then i definitely want it, anything that can be considered better than exoddus must be worth playing stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 03:46 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I never manage to find all the mudokens in the first game i always had 4 or 5 left if i remember

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

if you think thats bad one time when i had all 99 rescued the game glitched out and removed a the lever i had to pull in order to finish the game sad
its much easier to find the mudokens in exoddus..
you see a bunch of green bottles on the ground and you think "somethings missing here" stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:51 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looking at this package according to wiki it will be only on Steam.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 05:10 AM
MadMel
Heh

yea i noticed that..
kinda unfortunate, but i do have steam for things like this, so its not big deal for me erm

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 05:18 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I just signed up

all ready for it.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 06:06 AM
General G
Canadian.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
stranger's wrath is supposed to be the best oddworld game out erm
if thats true then i definitely want it, anything that can be considered better than exoddus must be worth playing stick out tongue

Never played Exodus, personally. However, I must give a lot of Kudos to Strangers Wrath, it is actually really good. I haven't played it in years, but it was one of the few games I rented for the Xbox and actually went out and bought.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 06:50 AM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Nice.. ive always wanted to finish the oddworld games..

<3 abe

(please log in to view the image)

....aaaaaaand I do 'not' want to know whats in that jar sick ..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 08:00 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Whats that picture ment to be ??

can't see a thing.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 08:18 AM
MadMel
Heh

right click on it and select "open image in new window/tab
its a pic of abe with soulstorm brew - so basically its the cover for exoddus..

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 09:00 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I regret not buying this for the old xbox when it was out.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 11:57 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by MadMel
right click on it and select "open image in new window/tab

I don't have that option.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 01:45 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Ah, nostalgia..

I remember Oddworld.. Abe was my favorite protagonist.. played both Abe's Oddysee and Exodus.

Also played Munch's Oddysee, but never bothered finishing the game. I hate him. Abe was so much cooler and awesomer.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 02:11 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Kazenji
Whats that picture ment to be ??

can't see a thing.

(please log in to view the image)

big grin

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 10:19 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

lol good ol' abe big grin
cant wait for this package..

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 01:59 AM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I played Abe's Odyssey, Munch and Stranger's Wrath. Have to say Stranger's Wrath was the best of the three I played. I might get this down the line, and it'll give me a chance to play Exodus for the first time.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 08:22 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote