Portal 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Heres some stuff on it

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/03/valves-portal-puzzle-so-far-the-files-recovered-from-aperture-science/

One Free Man
The end of half life 2 had something about a vanishing aperture science ship. I only hope that Episode 3 will grant you not only the gravity gun, but the portal gun. Done by valve, this combination would be the greatest video game arsenal ever created.

Kazenji
E3 trailer

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/06/portal-2-trailer-the-*****-is-back/

Kazenji
New trailer showing Co-Op

http://www.incgamers.com/News/25091/new-portal-2-trailer-shows-co-op-footage

and another with Perfect Strangers theme put over it

rBW2mXsjd8s

Impediment
This game is going to be sick! I loved Portal, and I expect to love the sequel just as much, if not more.

BackFire
Half Life 3 please.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by BackFire
Half Life 3 please. Half Life 2: Episode 3 more like.

MutantOrange
Can't wait for this game!

Bardock42

Nemesis X
Oh well. GLaDOS was the main reason I played Portal anyways. Still want that cake though sad

Nemesis X
GGPIQ72-2Vg

Best. Product. Ever.

Nemesis X
I'm kind of surprised that people are hardly talking in here.

Anyways, here's the comic that fills the gap between the first Portal game and the sequel :
http://www.thinkwithportals.com/comic/#1

FistOfThe North
played portal one yesterday for the first time all the way through level 17 then went to sleep and i love the game. i'm a natural at it. and playing in 3d just made it more immersive.

i got it to prepare for portal 2.

it's just a puzzle game..

Smasandian
I'm pretty sure everybody is a natural at Portal. Valve designed the game like that. Every puzzle and gameplay idea is taught to you by the developers.

Nemesis X
Ever wanted to know which Portal character you are? Take this Aperture Science test and find out:
http://www.thinkwithportals.com/coop_survey.php

Good news, I came out as GLaDOS smile

Zack Fair
Atlas

Brave and up for anything-you like adventure and nothing scares you. You value friendship highly. Your ideal cooperative partner would be inquisitive and sensitive.

Kazenji
I got Weighted Companion Cube.

Nephthys
0qcED35LL8I

AZMSAzZ76EU

wX9Sc88qreg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7V0HBwHfEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaZ75vU112Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3B9uGnVlA&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laxPhiDqTJA&feature=relmfu

FistOfThe North
i beat portal 1 yesterday. bring on pt 2 tommorow..

Smasandian
That Portal 2 ARG was complete bullshit.

All that shit for a measly 10 hours earlier release. Thanks a lot Valve, I get to play the "early" release when I go to bed.

Took a good situation where it would be amazing if the game was released a decent time (even if it was earlier this morning), but no, you put a carrot in front of your dedicated fans, so they played all these indie games and its for ****ing nothing. But wait! You can play it early by 10 hours during the middle of the night. Thanks a lot. Way to piss half your community.

And for what reason? Better promotion for Portal 2? Was it needed? It was just stupid. **** you Valve.

Digi
Originally posted by Smasandian
That Portal 2 ARG was complete bullshit.

All that shit for a measly 10 hours earlier release. Thanks a lot Valve, I get to play the "early" release when I go to bed.

Took a good situation where it would be amazing if the game was released a decent time (even if it was earlier this morning), but no, you put a carrot in front of your dedicated fans, so they played all these indie games and its for ****ing nothing. But wait! You can play it early by 10 hours during the middle of the night. Thanks a lot. Way to piss half your community.

And for what reason? Better promotion for Portal 2? Was it needed? It was just stupid. **** you Valve.

Huh? What happened now?

Lol at those "Investment" vids.

Smasandian
The Portal 2 ARG Valve had a countdown on Friday morning. There were people who thought that Portal 2 was going to be released early based on the evidence of the ARG.

Instead, Steam showed "Play these 13 Potato Sack games to get Portal 2 released early" and it had a progress bar, potato counter (tasks that were given in those 13 games rewarded you with an Achievement) and progress bars for all 13 games. The idea was that your suppose to play these games, fill up the bars and Valve would release Portal 2 early.

It would of been a great promotion and event but instead, there was never a chance on getting Portal 2 early than midnight on Monday night. So basically, people played these games (or idled), made an effort to get potatoes thinking it would multiply the progress and it was never a chance in getting the game early.

Some people think that there isn't an issue because Valve doesn't need to release the game but I have an issue because the company lied to their consumers, and it all looked like some cheap marketing ploy for these 13 indie games. I feel cheated.

Nemesis X
You're not going to ****ing believe this! Wheatley turned GLaDOS into a potato! LITERALLY!!! messed

I love this game. The magnitude of the humor in it is massive!

Smasandian
Yeah, it's a great game.

Mairuzu
Level 6 co-op almost busted my nut there for a second

Impediment
Since I just bought Mortal Kombat yesterday, and I plan to immerse myself in it's game play, I'll probably just buy Portal 2 by the end of this month. I still can't wait to play it.

Smasandian
It's done extremely well.

The only complaint I have and its a personal complaint is the story has no scope. It's an interesting story from a character point of view but I wanted something more epic.

But in typical Valve fashion, extremely well made game. The progression of the story is flawless, difficult curve is impeccable, voice/graphics and audio are top notch and the new gameplay elements fit in perfectly.

Digi
PC Gamer shot their load all over the screen in their review. I'm trying to avoid even reviews though so I haven't read it in its entirety.

Nemesis X
I finished the single player campaign and the ending was beautiful. It was a bit of a sad moment when GLaDOS said her goodbyes as she took me to the surface but before that, the elevator opened up, revealing three turrets that were about to shoot while I'm thinking "ah crap..." but instead they make a tune and a giant orchestra of them do the same thing and it felt rather heart warming since it seemed like those little rascals enjoyed having me around and sent off their farewells. Finally, when I got to the surface, I was given a Companion Cube eek!! But wait...WHERE'S THE CAKE mad?!

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Digi
PC Gamer shot their load all over the screen Pause.

Nemesis X
laughcry

Digi
Playing through the co-op with a friend. It's wild fun. Haven't started the single player yet.

Impediment
Some of the people I've been playing with on co-op are extremely rude and uppity. I mean, excuse the hell out of me for having a full time job and family to take care of and not being immersed in online play all day every day.

Douche bags.

BackFire
Yes, that's a common complaint that I've heard about the game. It's important to play Co-op only with people who haven't done it before and who won't try and rush you through it just to hunt achievement points or what have you.

Digi
I just got around to finishing this. It was sitting on my shelf for a long time.

The single player was polished, but all the new gimmicks in the world won't live up to the shock value that the portal gun itself provided in the first one.

The ending was silly, and made even less sense than the original with the moon and turret-choir. But w/e, I lul'd.

Co-op with a friend is where it's at for this game. Not only were the challenges more inventive, but the collaboration adds something that the single player can't manage, provided you're playing with someone who's experiencing it for the first time as well. In all but a couple single-player puzzles, I could just backtrack from the goal or exit until I had the sequence down before even starting it, or I'd just shoot portals at the (sometimes very few) spaces available until something clicked. They did progress methodically in difficulty though, which was good.

I think they might be spent on Portal-only games at this point. Obviously a 3rd would sell, but like I mentioned earlier, there's only so much you can do before you pretty much understand what's up with the portals and the tricks start to lose their excitement. I enjoyed this one, it was a great progression for the series, but I think anything further should be the "Portal gun in Half-life" that people have been wanking to for years now.

Impediment
I haven't played this game since the great PSN Hack of 2011.

Man, I forgot how hilarious this game is and how immersing it can be.

I've forgotten most of the puzzles and it's just simplistic fun.

It may never happen, but I'd love to see a third game.

Smasandian
It might be my cynicism but I highly doubt we will ever see a Portal 3.

For me, Valve is what is becoming a worrying trend in games. They are probably one of the best developers in the world in creating immersive, atmospheric and incredibly fun games and instead of doing that, they are creating bullshit content for free to play games. It's hard to argue that validity of this considering they make more money doing so but it's still ****ing heartbreaking.

In fact, I loved TF2. It's still the most amount of hours I ever put into a game but they ****ing ruined it. I know you can play on vanilla servers but the crafting system and all that other shit destory what I believe was the most balanced shooter out there.

Oh well. It's a ****ing shame Valve doesn't do more SP games.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.