Battle of wisdom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who is older and has more wisdom

odin
zeus
thanos
IB
Tyrant
Gaea
Apocolypse
Silver Surfer

TheTyrant
Tyrant wins. Gaea comes in second and zeus third. Silver Surfer is last.

Wild Shadow
depends what type of wisdom.. overall wisdom as in dont do this or that i guess odin..

science thanos

their is too much here to pick one...

you got mystic, science, life experience, compassion, even oneness with your surrounding via cosmic awareness etc etc.. you cant possibly favor one over the other and claim one is overall wiser then the other

Warlord
inbetweener

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
depends what type of wisdom.. overall wisdom as in dont do this or that i guess odin..

science thanos

their is too much here to pick one...

you got mystic, science, life experience, compassion, even oneness with your surrounding via cosmic awareness etc etc.. you cant possibly favor one over the other and claim one is overall wiser then the other well lets just say who is older i guess.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Tyrant wins. Gaea comes in second and zeus third. Silver Surfer is last. zeus is older then odin?

The Nuul
Odin
Zeus
Gaea
Thanos

The rest doesnt matter.

The Nuul
Tyrant wins.

laughing

AsbestosFlaygon
Inbetweener, imho.

galactusischere
It's between Gaea, Tryrant and In-Betweener. Whichever is older. Also, didn't Thor once say that Zeus is the wises ot all the gods? Doesn't that make Zeus wiser than Odin?

The elder gods are as old as the planet. I think IB is much older, wasnt he created by chaos and order righ after the birth of the universe?

The Nuul
But shouldnt feats count more than just age?

JakeTheBank
The OP acts for who is older and who has more wisdom. Simply being ancient doesn't make one wise. So yes, in terms of actual wisdom, I'd figure feats would matter here.

The Nuul
So two rankings then....one for wisdom and one for age.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
who is older and has more wisdom

odin
zeus
thanos
IB
Tyrant
Gaea
Apocolypse
Silver Surfer

I'm assuming you're asking two different questions: 1) Who's older? and (2) Who has more wisdom? as someone being older doesn't make them wiser.

Inbetweener
Tyrant
Gaea
Odin/Zeus
Silver Surfer/Thanos (Not sure who's older between the two.)
Apocalypse

Wisdom:

Odin

The others haven't actually shown enough wisdom for me to judge. Probably Zeus and Gaea after Odin.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm assuming you're asking two different questions: 1) Who's older? and (2) Who has more wisdom? as someone being older doesn't make them wiser.

Inbetweener
Tyrant
Gaea
Odin/Zeus
Silver Surfer/Thanos (Not sure who's older between the two.)
Apocalypse

Wisdom:

Odin

The others haven't actually shown enough wisdom for me to judge. Probably Zeus and Gaea after Odin.

I'd place gaea above odin

Rage.Of.Olympus
In Wisdom? Why exactly?

Wisdom has always been one of Odin's most definitive traits. He is the God of Wisdom after all. Thor's entire life, everything from him being placed in a human host to the Reigning was all part of Odin preparing him for what he needs to do.

TheTyrant
How is Silver Surfer older than Apocalypse?

Originally posted by The Nuul
laughing

Did you even read the comics he appeared in? Did you see how many of those knowledge orbs he had? He is also the second oldest being here.

In Wisdom? Why exactly?

Wisdom has always been one of Odin's most definitive traits. He is the God of Wisdom after all. Thor's entire life, everything from him being placed in a human host to the Reigning was all part of Odin preparing him for what he needs to do.

They way she handled the fratricidal cannibal slaying among the elder gods to protect life on earth and the way she later handled the Celestial host. She always finds a solution to tackle superior powers without going head on against them.

Did you even read the comics he appeared in? Did you see how many of those knowledge orbs he had? He is also the second oldest being here.

Apocalypse is 2 thousand years old, but who knows how SS is?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by 753
Apocalypse is 2 thousand years old, but who knows how SS is?

Apocalypse is over 5000 years old. In Rise of Apocalypse it was said that he was born in Egypt around 3000 BC

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
They way she handled the fratricidal cannibal slaying among the elder gods to protect life on earth and the way she later handled the Celestial host. She always finds a solution to tackle superior powers without going head on against them.

You mean the creation of the Atum? She sat mediating until her yearning brought out the Demuirge that impregnated her with the force of good. That was a showing of her compassion and not wisdom.

You mean the gods sacrificed to the Celestials? That was a plan created by the mothers of the pantheons. Odin contributed by creating 3 gods from that group on behalf of Frigga in #203.

Rage.Of.Olympus

That's my mistake. Silver Surfer was supposed to be a levle below Apocalypse. As I understand it, Norrin is a few centuries old, but not as old as 5000 years.

Inbetweener
Tyrant
Gaea
Odin/Zeus
Apocalypse/Thanos (Not sure who's older between the two.)
Silver Surfer

You mean the creation of the Atum? She sat mediating until her yearning brought out the Demuirge that impregnated her with the force of good. That was a showing of her compassion and not wisdom.

You mean the gods sacrificed to the Celestials? That was a plan created by the mothers of the pantheons. Odin contributed by creating 3 gods from that group.

It is a showing of wisdom. She found a way to thwart the rest of the elder gods and have a failsfae mechanism to protect the earth without going into direct conflict with them by doing what she excells at: bringing life forth.

Wasn't Gaea among them?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
It is a showing of wisdom. She found a way to thwart the rest of the elder gods and have a failsfae mechanism to protect the earth without going into direct conflict with them by doing what she excells at: bringing life forth.

Wasn't Gaea among them?

Gaea was worried about the life on Earth so she sat down and began meditating as to how she could protect it. The Demuirge than impregnated her. As far as I can tell, it never showed that she had any involvement in the shaping of what Atum would become. Like I said, it was a showing that illustrated her compassion and not her wisdom.

She wasn't as I recall. In her explanation of the planning, I don't recall her mentioning herself. Even if she was, passing it off as a feat for Gaea is incorrect.

Gaea was worried about the life on Earth so she sat down and began meditating as to how she could protect it. The Demuirge than impregnated her. As far as I can tell, it never showed that she had any involvement in the shaping of what Atum would become. Like I said, it was a showing that illustrated her compassion and not her wisdom.

She wasn't as I recall. In her explanation of the planning, I don't recall her mentioning herself. Even if she was, passing it off as a feat for Gaea is incorrect.

IIRC she summons the demiurge to impregnate her with the intent to create a champion to defend life on earth knowing how powerfull he would be. I read that a very long time ago so I might be wrong though.

IIRC, she's the one that comes up with that plan and it is her initiative to gather the other goddesses to find an alternative solution to the celestial host in the first place.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
IIRC she summons the demiurge to impregnate her with the intent to create a champion to defend life on earth knowing how powerfull he would be. I read that a very long time ago so I might be wrong though.

IIRC, she's the one that comes up with that plan and it is her initiative to gather the other goddesses to find an alternative solution to the celestial host in the first place.

The wording as I recall was that she meditated as how to save the life on Earth and in her yearning summoned the Demuirge who impregnated her with the force that would become Atum.

It never said she came up with the plan or gathered the goddesses.

kgkg
Originally posted by 753
Apocalypse is 2 thousand years old, but who knows how SS is? It has to be less than 100 years before he become the Silver Surfer.

The Zenn-La that the surfer interacted with was just an Illusion created by Galactus when Surfer goes back in time 50 years ago he sees that world was destroyed and Surfer could not bear the pain of this happening so he asks Galactus to erase his memory of the event.

So that would leave Surfer to be around 50-100 years old

kgkg
I swear some of these abstracts are really dumb.

Black bolt z
Inbetweener for both.He's not the smartest but most likely the wisest and most defintly the oldest.

kgkg
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Inbetweener for both.He's not the smartest but most likely the wisest and most defintly the oldest. oldest yes wisest not really IB is a tool.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Inbetweener wisest? Nah.

galactusischere
Thetyrant has a point. Tyrant had gathered hundreds, maybe even thousands of knowledge orbs which contained secrets of the universe and shit. My vote goes to the big T.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Knowing a lot of facts is different from being wise.

Thanos with the Heart of the Universe was Omniscient. He'd still not be wiser than Odin.

You can't steal or gather wisdom. Experience etc. leads to wisdom.

Black bolt z
Knowing a lot of facts is different from being wise.

Thanos with the Heart of the Universe was Omniscient. He'd still not be wiser than Odin.

You can't steal or gather wisdom. Experience etc. leads to wisdom. Exactly.Thats why I said IB.He has lots of experience.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I didn't mean just possessing any type of experience leads someone to be wise. You can make transport Blob back a trillion years in time and make him immortal but I doubt he'd be wiser than Odin.

It's the choices, hardships, and sacrifices you make that lead to wisdom. That's one of the reason why Odin while knowing of the Reigning let it happen. It was all of his plan to put Thor through the choices and sacrifices that would led him to the wisdom needed to defeat the gods who fed off of Ragnarok.

Age doesn't necessarily mean wisdom. A 60 year old man can be wiser than 60 million year old man.

Black bolt z
I didn't mean just possessing any type of experience leads someone to be wise. You can make transport Blob back a trillion years in time and make him immortal but I doubt he'd be wiser than Odin.

It's the choices, hardships, and sacrifices you make that lead to wisdom. That's one of the reason why Odin while knowing of the Reigning let it happen. It was all of his plan to put Thor through the choices and sacrifices that would led him to the wisdom needed to defeat the gods who fed off of Ragnarok.

Age doesn't necessarily mean wisdom. A 60 year old man can be wiser than 60 million year old man. True.But when being the two halves of everything in the universe for billions of years I think you would gain at least a little experience.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Unfortunately, everything I've seen from the InBetweener doesn't point to him being wise. The opposite as a matter of fact.

Black bolt z
Unfortunately, everything I've seen from the InBetweener doesn't point to him being wise. The opposite as a matter of fact. Like I posted above.I agree that IB isn't smart.Thats smart.I'd imagine he is very wise but based on his showings not very smart.Is eternity not wise because he chose to fight IG?

Difference between intelliegence and wisdom.

Colossus-Big C
are odin and zeus millions of years old?

The wording as I recall was that she meditated as how to save the life on Earth and in her yearning summoned the Demuirge who impregnated her with the force that would become Atum.

It never said she came up with the plan or gathered the goddesses.

I will check back on those.

Colossus-Big C
is this the same demiurge like the one in dc that lucifer created the universe with?

is this the same demiurge like the one in dc that lucifer created the universe with?

Clearly not as this one is a marvel character. He was the first of the elder gods, born from the natural magical energies of primitive earth. He originated the others that came after him.

Colossus-Big C
where whould you put him in power

where whould you put him in power

Highest of them all. He sort of dispersed himself though.

Bouboumaster
1- Odin/Zeus
2- Gaea
3- Silver Surfer
4- Thanos/Tyrant/Inbetweener/Apocalypse

the ninjak
Eldest-
Tyrant
Gaea
Apocalypse
Odin
Zeus

Would Apocalypse be older than Odin and Zeus? Logically they should only be as old as their civilizations.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
Highest of them all. He sort of dispersed himself though. he should be much above all of them combined including atum. abstract level maybe?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
I will check back on those.

The Demuirge event happened in Thor Annual #10.

The chosen Gods incident with the Celestials happened in Thor #300 and she explained it in #301. I believe Odin's contribution to the chosen Gods, the Young Gods, happened in Thor #203 or around there. The issue Thor defeated Ego Prime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.