Anyone read Remnant yet??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
JUst ran across this.....At least it's new

The first of an original audiobook trilogy charting the beginning of the galaxy's victory of the dreadful Yuuzhan Vong alien invaders. Under the leadership of Luke Skywalker and a combined Jedi-government council, the newly formed Galactic Federation of Free Alliances is doggedly fighting back--and winning. Luke is on a quest for a legend, in hope of bringing back the ultimate answer. to the war. And a mysterious prophet has risen among the Yuuzhan Vong lower castes to turn the Yuuzhan Vong culture on its ear.

Julie
so what no one knows anything or has anything to say whatsoever about this....
umm BTW is this goign to be only an audiobook or a book as well?

Corran
Never heard about this, but it does sound like the follow up to destiny's way. Nom Anor will be the prophet(or have something to do with it).

Julie
I don't like that guy....but I suppose I'm not supposed to ..he's a bad guy

Corran
Yup.

Julie
Do you like him, Corran?

Corran
He is a bad person as you have said, but he adds something to all the storylines he is in, his selfishness belies the Vong Selflessness, showing possible flaws in Vong characters that may be the start of the downfall.
In all he is a good character in the stories - not everyone is good.

Julie
so who's a "bad character" in NJO....not "bad" as is bad guy

Corran
Viqi Shesh is both a bad Person and a badly written in character, she should have been finished earlier and not just written back in for further deceit.

Julie
oh I see...ok....never much cared for her either way....

General Kaliero
Is that Remnant the same collection of motley stormtroopers as before?

Julie
perhaps...but I dunno....I think it just might be ...but this time I think the New Republc wants to work with them or something....

JediOasis
It'll be fun to read about Luke looking for Zonoma Sekot. I didn't really like RP but maybe Luke will find out about Anakin and OB1 going there and their role in the planet leaving in the first place.

Ushgarak
Whoa! Hi there, JO!

Julie
I forget the whold Zonoma Sekot thing.....* sigh* I guess I'll find out in a few days.

Julie
The book does come out soon.....but I still very much dislike the cover art.....ok well just say mild dislike...it's strange....I like the clean cut ones ...even DW's cover was better

Volundro Ramm
Anyone read Remnant yet??

finti
no, any news on Tatooine Ghosts?

Anakin Clone
Yes, it is a book. I saw it and was skimming thru it in the grocery store the other day when I went shopping with my parents.
BUT, since I'm NOT buying any more Star Wars books, especially the remainder of the NJO series, since Troy -Anakin Killer- Denning killed my hero, I'll give a very brief review of what I did read.
Sure enough, just like in EVERY stinking NJO book since Anakin was murdered by that hack who was trying to make a name for himself, this book too continues the tradition of pouring salt into the open wound of Anakins death by mentioning the fact that he's gone repeatedly.
And they come up with a new twist here too. Tahiri is appparently rescued by Jacen and you have her thinking how much she wished she could have saved Anakin, and how the Solo family would now also be her family "If only Anakin had lived."
Just reading that part reinforced my decision to never buy another Star Wars book unless and until they find a way to bring Anakin back.

Jamie

P.S. That HACK Denning is in the process of writing another Star Wars book that will be called Tatooine Ghost. I wonder which of the major characters he'll kill off in this one. Didn't the loss of so many Anakin fans after Star by Star teach George Lucas to get Denning out of the SW Universe?

Volundro Ramm
Eeeerrm. Don't u understand it wasn't Dennings idea to kill off Anakin. Del Rey make the decisions, the writers just create the storys. No major characters will be killed of in Tatooine Ghost because its set before Han and Leia are married. I was kinda glad that Anakin was killed off. The Solo offspring(to be honest most of the new jedi) are to one dimensional apart from now that Jacen gone through a bit of a change(thanks to Matt Stover<what a great book, can't wait for Shatterpoint).

Anakin Clone
Since when does a publisher tell a writer what is to happen in a book they're writing. I could see it if you said George Lucas was the one who told Denning to kill Anakin, but not Del Rey, who only publishes the books.
The only logical explanation for Del Rey wanting to kill off Anakin is as a way to begin to kill of the Star Wars Universe, one(or more) major character(s) at a time. But I've still never heard of a publisher telling an author what to put into his book.
If you can show me proof of your claim I'll be glad to take a look, but til then, sorry, I don't buy your explanation. And I STILL will not buy Star Wars books again until they bring Anakin back.
Call it a temper tantrum that won't hurt anyone but myself if you wish, but Anakin was the natural choice for successor to Luke Skywalker. He definitely had more on the ball than Jacen, not to mention the budding romance between him and Tahiri.
Besides that, I liked Anakin because he's so much like me in so many ways.

Volundro Ramm
Del Rey came up with the story arc even before Vector Prime came out. If you have a beef with anyone, have a go at Shelly Shapiro from Del Rey an Sue Rostini of Lucas Licensing. George Lucas OK'd the killing off of everyones favourite wookie, but Del Rey were behind the death of Anakin Solo. Apparently they didnt want people to get confused with his grandfather - Anakin Skywalker(strange, but funnily enough true). You can beleive me or not. If you read up on the subject you'll find that its true. Besides, i really have to disagree - Anakin was a boring character, as most of the NJO jedi's are(like i stated before). I like Luke of course, also i like Kyp Durron and since Traitor ive found a liking for Jacen Solo. I have to admit i prefer the dark side of Star Wars because theres more character there. I would like to see authors bring in more new major non jedi characters. Maybe a group of bounty hunters? they seem to have been non exsistent in the NJO books.

PS. My last post wasnt really a spoiler was it??

LanceWindu
Well I agree with Volundro on the point that Del Rey came up with the story arc.

Cause if all the writers started to write their books at or around the same time without even knowing the overall story then it would just be one huge cluster of ideas that happen in the series that wouldn't match up at all.

LanceWindu
BTW I got Remnant the other day, I haven't started it yet cause I'm in the middle of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

Julie
I'm almost done with remnant...but I didn't read any of it this weekend...because I finally got to listen to Destiny's way on audio ....CD anyway...it was nice

Julie
I'm done now.....onto LOTR TTT.....but I liked remnant a lot better than I'm liking TTT.....I dunno why,...

LanceWindu
I finish Remnant tonight, and I finished TTT already.

Next book I read is Star Wars: The New Rebellion

Julie
Oh that was ok......not the best star wars book, but it was decent....

LanceWindu
So far I've read 10 chapters in it and I found out that it is pretty graphic.

Especially the part about that six legged senator's body parts blown to bits.

Master Nate
sad I actually havent been able to pic it up yet down here sad i might order it off Amazon..

Julie
good.....wait until the next one comes then maybe you can buy both and get free shipping or something....Amazon does stuff like that alot

GordonSkywalker
Yes, I read it. Great book.

Julie
How does it rate among the NJO books in your opinion?

GordonSkywalker
Having read the series up to and including Balance Point, there are several I missed. However, Remnant was at least on the same level of enjoyment and suspense as Balance Point, and Edge of Victory(which I read sometime afterwards). The series seems to be reaching its climax, and is getting more intriguing as I read more of the books.

Julie
When they all get out...you need to go back and read them all in order!

GordonSkywalker
Yes, Ma'am.

Julie
good.....you do have them all, right....or at least have access to them all...

GordonSkywalker
Yes, of course. There are about fifty different bookstores where I live! Actually I'm only kidding!- but there are about four or five I can get them from.

Julie
cool......make sure to save the money too:-)

GordonSkywalker
Yes, I got Enemy Lines II tonight from a local bookstore I trust. It was the only one I had not read out of what was available. I guess I'll start that tonight.

Julie
awesome.....it was a good book even for NJO....
have fun...I was studying but I gave up....so perhaps I'll read a page or two of TTT...

GordonSkywalker
Right now my concentration seems to be divided...

Julie
concentration...divided/....ok....would you care to explain all that?

GordonSkywalker
Do you really want to know? OK< I was thinking of you. Back to the topic?! I found Star By Star at the Books-A-Million last night, and am currently 2/3 into it. It is a fantastic book.

Julie
good good.....hmmm thinking of me..eh...well yes, back to the topic....2/3 done ...I'm glad that you like the book so far

GordonSkywalker
Yes, I fully expect to be done with it by this afternoon.

Julie
good...excellent...perhaps this weekend I shall be able to finish the book I am on.....perhaps...

GordonSkywalker
It takes a whole lot of time to get through one of these books. I think I need a well-deserved break from reading right now.

Julie
yes too much reading can get to the head:-)
I still haven't finished TTT because I started another book....a school one

GordonSkywalker
School books are usually dull.

Julie
This one is a bit sacreligious, but humorous at the same time....it's called Nickel and Dimed...I'm about 1/2 done...
I'd much rather read star wars books though

GordonSkywalker
I am not familiar with that book. Let me guess:it's a Literature class assignment, right? Reminds me when they made me read The Call of the Wild or some other bland work of fiction.

Julie
it's fairly modern book about the hard working class of America and how you need 2 jobs to make it ....

GordonSkywalker
Ah, I see. Who wrote that?

Julie
Barbara Ehrenreich.....weird last name:-)

GordonSkywalker
Never heard of her.

Julie
yea I didn't either....until they said "go get this book!"....and I was like darn.....another crappy school book:-)

GordonSkywalker
School books for everyone! An awful predicament.

Julie
well...this one is better than most.....BTW I think I ought to get in some "work" on that book tongiht..so I'll say au revoir.

GordonSkywalker
au revoir.

Julie
I'm back....but I have to leave again....ah life:-)
remnant....very good book

yerssot
still reading it (lots of talking, makes me read it once every blue moon then)
they're searching Zonoma Sekot, on the map of the Fact Files it's located in the "far upper right corner"
is it still there or has it moved in the meantime?
cause that COULD form a lil problem

Julie
whoa ....too much info...can't process..... actually the whole Zonoma Sekot thing is a bit far stretching for even my liberal suspension of disbeliev

yerssot
never mind my question, found the strenght to finish it wink

Julie ... zonoma sekot was already mentioned in the auwful book Rogue Planet, making it actually a NJO-book before there was a NJO wink

Julie
ugh that book was crap.......IMHO
I don't remember all that much about remnatnt, but I will reread the whole NJO series eventually.

yerssot
of course it was crap! no one likes that one!

I'm reading part II now

Julie
good good.....so what are your thoughts on part one....I remember liking the second part...more action and such

yerssot
part one was most of the time a drag, one of the lesser NJO books
took me a lot of time to read it, but just started part II which is going much better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.