KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anyone read Remnant yet??

Anyone read Remnant yet??
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

New Remnant summary

JUst ran across this.....At least it's new

The first of an original audiobook trilogy charting the beginning of the galaxy's victory of the dreadful Yuuzhan Vong alien invaders. Under the leadership of Luke Skywalker and a combined Jedi-government council, the newly formed Galactic Federation of Free Alliances is doggedly fighting back--and winning. Luke is on a quest for a legend, in hope of bringing back the ultimate answer. to the war. And a mysterious prophet has risen among the Yuuzhan Vong lower castes to turn the Yuuzhan Vong culture on its ear.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2002 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

so what no one knows anything or has anything to say whatsoever about this....
umm BTW is this goign to be only an audiobook or a book as well?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2002 02:09 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Never heard about this, but it does sound like the follow up to destiny's way. Nom Anor will be the prophet(or have something to do with it).

Old Post Dec 9th, 2002 07:50 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I don't like that guy....but I suppose I'm not supposed to ..he's a bad guy

Old Post Dec 10th, 2002 12:07 AM
Corran
Lucifer

Yup.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2002 11:57 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Do you like him, Corran?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2002 04:32 PM
Corran
Lucifer

He is a bad person as you have said, but he adds something to all the storylines he is in, his selfishness belies the Vong Selflessness, showing possible flaws in Vong characters that may be the start of the downfall.
In all he is a good character in the stories - not everyone is good.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2002 05:05 PM
Julie
The Student

so who's a "bad character" in NJO....not "bad" as is bad guy

Old Post Dec 13th, 2002 10:42 PM
Corran
Lucifer

Viqi Shesh is both a bad Person and a badly written in character, she should have been finished earlier and not just written back in for further deceit.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2002 09:50 PM
Julie
The Student

oh I see...ok....never much cared for her either way....

Old Post Dec 19th, 2002 12:07 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Is that Remnant the same collection of motley stormtroopers as before?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2002 08:52 PM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

perhaps...but I dunno....I think it just might be ...but this time I think the New Republc wants to work with them or something....

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2003 11:59 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

It'll be fun to read about Luke looking for Zonoma Sekot. I didn't really like RP but maybe Luke will find out about Anakin and OB1 going there and their role in the planet leaving in the first place.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 08:26 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whoa! Hi there, JO!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I forget the whold Zonoma Sekot thing.....* sigh* I guess I'll find out in a few days.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2003 04:23 AM
Julie
The Student

The book does come out soon.....but I still very much dislike the cover art.....ok well just say mild dislike...it's strange....I like the clean cut ones ...even DW's cover was better

Old Post Jan 24th, 2003 12:35 AM
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Old Post Feb 9th, 2003 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

no, any news on Tatooine Ghosts?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2003 09:56 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin Clone

quote:
Originally posted by Julie
so what no one knows anything or has anything to say whatsoever about this....
umm BTW is this goign to be only an audiobook or a book as well?

Yes, it is a book. I saw it and was skimming thru it in the grocery store the other day when I went shopping with my parents.
BUT, since I'm NOT buying any more Star Wars books, especially the remainder of the NJO series, since Troy -Anakin Killer- Denning killed my hero, I'll give a very brief review of what I did read.
Sure enough, just like in EVERY stinking NJO book since Anakin was murdered by that hack who was trying to make a name for himself, this book too continues the tradition of pouring salt into the open wound of Anakins death by mentioning the fact that he's gone repeatedly.
And they come up with a new twist here too. Tahiri is appparently rescued by Jacen and you have her thinking how much she wished she could have saved Anakin, and how the Solo family would now also be her family "If only Anakin had lived."
Just reading that part reinforced my decision to never buy another Star Wars book unless and until they find a way to bring Anakin back.

Jamie

P.S. That HACK Denning is in the process of writing another Star Wars book that will be called Tatooine Ghost. I wonder which of the major characters he'll kill off in this one. Didn't the loss of so many Anakin fans after Star by Star teach George Lucas to get Denning out of the SW Universe?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2003 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Anakin Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eeeerrm. Don't u understand it wasn't Dennings idea to kill off Anakin. Del Rey make the decisions, the writers just create the storys. No major characters will be killed of in Tatooine Ghost because its set before Han and Leia are married. I was kinda glad that Anakin was killed off. The Solo offspring(to be honest most of the new jedi) are to one dimensional apart from now that Jacen gone through a bit of a change(thanks to Matt Stover<what a great book, can't wait for Shatterpoint).

Last edited by finti on Feb 13th, 2003 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2003 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote