Most incredible show of strength using the force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

akpwnz
Has any sith lord or Jedi done anything like when Bane pulled the moon out of orbit? I know that Anakin Solo basically started to glow as the force scorched through his cells in the Vong battle.

Any others that stand out? ie: Nightsister using mind control on Rancors etc

RE: Blaxican
Luke lifted a rock once in ESB.

akpwnz
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Barely

ares834
Bane never moved a moon. He only thought about doing it...

truejedi
Luke planting himself to the floor in such a way that even the great black hole at the center of the galaxy could have moved him.

someGideondisagree with me.

Lord Lucien
Palpatine created a wormhole at warp factor 5 that obliterated a fleet and could ravage a world's surface.

Nihilus' Giga Drain.

Zett Jukasa's wicked sweet flip.

Darth Angel
Old triology: Yoda lifts Luke's X-wing

New triology: Yoda stops a falling steel pillar/falling senade pod

EU: There are tons of overpowerment. After seeing Yoda manipulating 2 C-9979 anything becomes possible...

truejedi
Bane obviously never moved a moon out of orbit. Re-read the book.

Gideon
tj
Luke planting himself to the floor in such a way that even the great black hole at the center of the galaxy could have moved him.

someGideondisagree with me.

Because if it weren't a product of exaggeration or hyperbole, an older, more experienced, and quite possibly more powerful Luke Skywalker would not have been thrown back or struggled with the Hidden One's display of telekinesis or the Sith Sabre on Dathomir. Or, assuming it's entirely canon, then it is much more likely the result of a ritual or technique, since it is obvious that Luke clearly could not summon such strength on the fly (which would also support Luke's claims of "needing strength, not power" in his discussion with Jacen prior to his rematch with UnuThul).

In terms of raw strength, Palpatine's Force Storm is likely the greatest demonstration of raw power in the mythos, since they could be summoned with "mere thought or inclination."

Zampanó
Could we see the quote in context, please? I've lost my link to Russia.

Nephthys
A flurry of cannon bolts zipped past Luke from behind and took out three insects. Raynar pointed at the attacking droids. A muffled thump erupted inside one of them, and it went down in a sizzling, popping crash of laminanium. Luke killed the last of Raynar's bodyguards by Force-slamming them into the wall so hard their thoraxes burst, then the two Jedi were on one another, their lightsabers flashing toward each other's heads with all the speed and might they could summon.

That was the trouble with powerful men-especially younger ones. Awed by their own strength, they so often believed strength was the answer to every problem. Luke was older and wiser. While Raynar swung, he pivoted.

As Raynar's gold blade sliced the air where Luke's head had been, Luke's boot was kicking him behind the ankles, knocking his legs out from under him and stretching him out flat.

But Raynar was a Jedi, and all Jedi were quick. He caught himself in the Force, levitating himself just long enough to bring his golden blade sweeping in at Luke's shoulder.

Luke had no choice but to block with his blade, and no place to block but the forearm. Raynar's lightsaber went spinning off, still securely in the grasp of his three-fingered hand, and caught one of Luke's bugcrunchers squarely in the back. The weapon sliced through six centimeters of laminanium armor before the severed forearm flew free. The blade deactivated, and the hilt disappeared into the tangle of death and destruction at the droid's feet.

The pain of losing an arm might have forced a common Jedi to stop fighting, but Raynar was no common Jedi. He had the Force potential of the Colony to draw on, and he did that now, swinging his remaining hand up to hurl Luke down the corridor as he had done before.

But this time, Luke was ready. He placed his own hand in front of Raynar's and rooted himself in the heart of the Force, and when he did that, he became the very essence of the immovable object. Nothing could dislodge him-not one of Lando's asteroid tuggers, not the Megador's sixteen ion engines, not the black hole at the center of the galaxy itself.

Luke stood that way, waiting, dimly aware that his surviving bugcrunchers were moving into defensive positions, one at his back and the other just inside the burst hatch. Raynar continued to struggle, trying to hurl Luke down the corridor, trying to move him a single centimeter.

Gideon
"Luke thumbed off his lightsaber and rolled away sideways, watching in alarm as her long blade slashed past his head just a centimeter from his visor. He rolled once more and saw vapor billowing from the abdomen of Lomi Plo's pressure carapace, then brought his feet up over his head . . . and found himself hanging upside down, caught in a net of golden Force energy.

Luke knew what was coming next: the Myrkr strike team had described how Lomi Plo had used a similar net to dice a Yuuzhan Vong captor into bits. Luke began to push out with the Force, stopping the net from constricting any further and slicing through this vac suit. But he was not strong enough to break the attack outright. Cilghal's Dazer had cut Lomi Plo off from the collective mind of the Gorog, but not from the Force. She could still draw on her nest to enhance her Force potential, and as strong as Luke was, he was not strong enough to overpower an entire nest of Killiks."

^ That came from earlier in the novel from the Russian website. So to be unable to overpower a mere nest of Killiks and eventually go on to apparently render himself unmovable to the entire Colony, one can assume that such strength is not readily available to Luke at any given moment without preparation.

Q99
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

I'm going to re-interpret that scene and say he moved all of Dagobah except for one rock smile

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Q99
I'm going to re-interpret that scene and say he moved all of Dagobah except for one rock smile

He did do that... But then Yoda didn't think that was good enough, so he moved the entire universe except the X-wing.

ADarksideJedi
Yoda lift a whole ship and in the newer ones threw stuff at the Empire while they are fighting.I think the Sith has better advedges.

ares834
While not a combat feat, Revan's ripping out the Rakatan language and implating basic in the Rakatan's minds is a very impressive.

Mshinu
Hmm Kyp Durron retreiving the Sun Crusher from within Yavin 4 was pretty impressive. Not sure if i remember it correctly or if Exar kun was helping him tho.

Long time since I read it and those books by Kevin J Andersson were pretty shitty anyway. Someone shoot him before he can spew more garbage in the Dune universe too.

mattatom
Originally posted by Mshinu
Hmm Kyp Durron retreiving the Sun Crusher from within Yavin 4 was pretty impressive. Not sure if i remember it correctly or if Exar kun was helping him tho.

Long time since I read it and those books by Kevin J Andersson were pretty shitty anyway. Someone shoot him before he can spew more garbage in the Dune universe too. Yes Kun helped him.

Darth_Glentract
I think it has to go to either Sidious' Force storm or Nyax's drain. Those are both pretty out there.

Hybris
I always found the thought bomb impressive...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thought_bomb

truejedi
I still think the moving of the entire fleet in Jedi Academy was pretty impressive.

Lord Lucien
Aahhh, but that was a group effort. And concentrated through a nexus.

SasuOna
I would imagine that Palpatine's force storm is the strongest singular use of the force since as far as I can tell things surpassing it usually have the aid of another person in some way.

InfernoJG95
the fact that the jedi couldnt sense that palpatine was a sith lord until it was too late was pretty impressive , they only had hunches and palpatine played them like a chess board

InfernoJG95
but its not really strength but still

KMCmember
Luke being able to apparently resist s supernatural black hole is probably the most powerful Force feat in Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.