Will there be a Force Unleashed III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
Well guys, I just got done beating The Force Unleashed II today on the Light Side ending and I couldn't help but wondering if they're going to make a third one.

The ending of TFU II (Light Side) shows Boba Fett going after Juno and Starkiller, this to me appears to be a setup for a third. What do you guys think?

I certainly hope so since I thoroughly enjoyed BOTH The Force Unleashed games. big grin

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Well guys, I just got done beating The Force Unleashed II today on the Light Side ending and I couldn't help but wondering if they're going to make a third one.

The ending of TFU II (Light Side) shows Boba Fett going after Juno and Starkiller, this to me appears to be a setup for a third. What do you guys think?

I certainly hope so since I thoroughly enjoyed BOTH The Force Unleashed games. big grin Vader was captured, Marek's fate undetermined, and Boba's on their tail... why the hell wouldn't there be a third game for LucasArts to f*ck up and make money off?

MasterAshenVor
The only F*ck up I found was that the Cinematics were choppy and the fight with Vader was disappointing. other than that the game was great. smile

Lord Lucien
The gameplay was great. The story was awful. And short.

darth radon
The only F*ck up I found was that the Cinematics were choppy and the fight with Vader was disappointing. other than that the game was great. smile true

Dr McBeefington
God I hope not. This was the worst game I've ever played and that involves tetris.

truejedi
worst comic book i've ever read...

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The gameplay was great. The story was awful. And short.

The only truth to this is about the length of the game, you sumbitch.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Lacan Grahf
The only truth to this is about the length of the game, you sumbitch. You actually liked that two-bit, shotty, unoriginal, boring, rushed, blatantly money-grabbing piece of crap storyline?

Lacan Grahf
You actually liked that two-bit, shotty, unoriginal, boring, rushed, blatantly money-grabbing piece of crap storyline?

Unoriginal?

Boring?

You no good, Canadian sumbitch. You watch your mouth.

Yes, I did. I thought it was a dark, clever plotline that explored heretofore unknown elements of Star Wars and made a badass out of Darth Vader. Parts of it were lacking, but I liked the diversity.

Lord Lucien
Yes, I did. I thought it was a dark, clever plotline that explored heretofore unknown elements of Star Wars and made a badass out of Darth Vader. Parts of it were lacking, but I liked the diversity. The first game, maybe. The second? They rehashed the same concept, brought back all the same players, and involved Boba Fett and Yoda for absolutely no reason. They also make Vader out to be the biggest retard since Jar Jar:

"Marek betrayed me rather quickly before, so let's clone him, give it the exact same memory and experience as the original and let him loose! Then when he escapes, let's lure him back here so he can beat me again! And to hell with the fact that the Rebellion now knows where our secret cloning facility is. I also know Rahm Kota is being held captive on Cato Neimodia, so let's not phone ahead to have him executed, thereby preventing Starkiller's clone from teaming up with the same Jedi that helped turn him against me in the first place. Alright? Break!"

The story is bad. The dialogue is trite and hackneyed, and the concept uninspiring and unoriginal.

Lacan Grahf
^ You haven't played the dark side ending, have you?

Lord Lucien
^ You haven't played the dark side ending, have you? Yes I have. I've played through that game four times, and only to get the Achievements (yeah, the game's that pathetically short). The Dark Side ending was the one saving grace. Made Vader look like it was all a big setup to lure the Rebel fleet to Kamino to be destroyed and tie up loose ends.

Shame it's the non-canon ending.

Lacan Grahf
Shame it's the non-canon ending.

And in what way is that relevant, good sir?

Lord Lucien
And in what way is that relevant, good sir? How is it relevant that the only piece of decent story takes place in a two minute span in a section of the game that's not part of Star Wars canon?

It's not relevant at all.

Lacan Grahf
How is it relevant that the only piece of decent story takes place in a two minute span in a section of the game that's not part of Star Wars canon?

It's not relevant at all.

All that that means is that Starkiller wasn't stabbed in the back by Starkiller's second clone, not that that clone doesn't exist and not that the whole thing wasn't a set-up by Vader.

The bonus 'cutscenes' in the game lend credence to it.

Edit: Remember, Lucien, that the clone is ordered to strike only if Starkiller moves to kill Vader.

Lord Lucien
All that that means is that Starkiller wasn't stabbed in the back by Starkiller's second clone, not that that clone doesn't exist and not that the whole thing wasn't a set-up by Vader.

The bonus 'cutscenes' in the game lend credence to it.

Edit: Remember, Lucien, that the clone is ordered to strike only if Starkiller moves to kill Vader. Yeah, and in that two-second window of opportunity, the Dark Clone materializes out of nowhere. I mean, if he was there the whole time, he'd be visible in the Light side ending too, seen skulking a few feet behind Starkiller and a few feet directly in front of Kota's men. Totally makes sense.

Course any follow-up story that follows the Light path that involves the Dark clone only further f*cks up an already ridiculous plot.

Lacan Grahf
I mean, if he was there the whole time, he'd be visible in the Light side ending too, seen skulking a few feet behind Starkiller and a few feet directly in front of Kota's men. Totally makes sense.

Uh, no.... the clone was camouflaged.

Lord Lucien
Uh, no.... the clone was camouflaged. So he was. Goddamn Vader's smart in the Dark ending.

Lacan Grahf
So he was. Goddamn Vader's smart in the Dark ending.

Vader's smart in the whole thing, but the B1tch Side of the Force is clouding your vision. stick out tongue

Go take a nap and come back tomorrow, refreshed. big grin

Lord Lucien
Vader's smart in the whole thing, but the B1tch Side of the Force is clouding your vision. stick out tongue

Go take a nap and come back tomorrow, refreshed. big grin If you hear a b*tchy attitude in my words in your head, go tell yourself off, not me.

Lacan Grahf
You just seem to be in a bad mood. And you deflect and do stupid things like cite Wookieepedia, which is unlike you.

Lord Lucien
You just seem to be in a bad mood. And you deflect and do stupid things like cite Wookieepedia, which is unlike you. And you make claims without backing them up with a source. Sounds a lot like me. How could you? *sniff*

Lacan Grahf
^ That was a deflection.

What claims have I made that I didn't back up? messed

Lord Lucien
^ That was a deflection.

What claims have I made that I didn't back up? messed This:

As we have established that Luuke was created in a month's time, the idea that he has been sufficiently trained to pose a threat to the likes of Sedriss 'Specially unconvincing after someone as powerful as Galen Marek was cloned quite perfectly in less than six months and went to defeat Vader. The same Vader who was defeated by Luke 5 years later. The same Luke who was nearly bested by his own month-flash clone 5 years after that. The same Luke, who, one year later (not two, sorry) sent Sedriss (the guy who was dismissed by Palpatine as too inferior to Luke to become Sith) flying with a single Force Push and shrugged off his Force Grip.

Yeah, that Sedriss.

But that's all off-topic here. Better to keep that in the other thread.

Lacan Grahf
Done.

The only thing that was non-canon was Starkiller being impaled; the bonus cutscenes make it perfectly clear that evil!Starkiller was ordered to act if and only if Vader was about to die.

Logic dictates he was Force camouflaged the entire time and that the entire affair went exactly as the EmperorVader had foreseen.

Please confine your incessant b1tching to criticisms that actually have merit to them. Otherwise, there's always LiveJournal.

Lord Lucien
Done.

The only thing that was non-canon was Starkiller being impaled; the bonus cutscenes make it perfectly clear that evil!Starkiller was ordered to act if and only if Vader was about to die.

Logic dictates he was Force camouflaged the entire time and that the entire affair went exactly as the EmperorVader had foreseen. You're right about all those points. But that does nothing to negate my original point that the canon Light side ending is stupid. It only proves it, actually. Vader's willing to allow himself to be caught, his cloning facility discovered, and the rogue Marek clone and Kota are still alive. And his boy is nowhere to be seen.

That's my point. They throw in twists for the sake of "shock" value without any meaningful contribution to the plot. Just another score for the already worthless story.

Lacan Grahf
You're right about all those points. But that does nothing to negate my original point that the canon Light side ending is stupid. It only proves it, actually. Vader's willing to allow himself to be caught, his cloning facility discovered, and the rogue Marek clone and Kota are still alive. And his boy is nowhere to be seen.

That's my point. They throw in twists for the sake of "shock" value without any meaningful contribution to the plot. Just another score for the already worthless story.

You contradict yourself. The so-called twist in question actually transforms the plot radically, from a legitimate defeat for Vader to the Sith Lord actually having the upper hand the entire time.

Lord Lucien
You contradict yourself. The so-called twist in question actually transforms the plot radically, from a legitimate defeat for Vader to the Sith Lord actually having the upper hand the entire time. And that's why he allowed himself to be captured and bound and taken off to who knows where. Yeah, he's a smart guy.

Lacan Grahf
And that's why he allowed himself to be captured and bound and taken off to who knows where.

You mean the secret rebel stronghold? The fortress that his avowed enemies operate from? A place that the Empire has been looking for from day one?

no expression

laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
You mean the secret rebel stronghold? The fortress that his avowed enemies operate from? A place that the Empire has been looking for from day one? And whose flagship Boba Fett and his battalion of terror droids found like that (I snapped my fingers there, in case you didn't hear them)? Yes, stabbing Marek in the back and slicing Kota would impede his progress. Of course!

no expression

Lacan Grahf
And whose flagship Boba Fett and his battalion of terror droids found like that (I snapped my fingers there, in case you didn't hear them)? Yes, stabbing Marek in the back and slicing Kota would impede his progress. Of course!

no expression

Uh, Lucien, Fett found the fleet, not the base.

Lord Lucien
Uh, Lucien, Fett found the fleet, not the base. Yeah, that's why I used the word "flagship". You know, the head of the fleet that as of ESB 4 years later needs to stay in hiding. I wonder why they're out parading their presence in 1 BBY? They must be, how else could Fett locate a mobile command center if he can't locate a planet?

Lacan Grahf
Yeah, that's why I used the word "flagship". You know, the head of the fleet that as of ESB 4 years later needs to stay in hiding. I wonder why they're out parading their presence in 1 BBY? They must be, how else could Fett locate a mobile command center if he can't locate a planet?

The Rebel fleet had been participating in raids against the Empire, it isn't surprising that Fett would have been able to deduce its location. The command headquarters is another thing entirely. That is what Vader is looking for, the same thing Tarkin and company were hunting in A New Hope.

Or perhaps Vader wanted the Dark!Starkiller to interfere, but the clone didn't.

Hmm... I must ponder this.

Lord Lucien
The Rebel fleet had been participating in raids against the Empire, it isn't surprising that Fett would have been able to deduce its location. The command headquarters is another thing entirely. That is what Vader is looking for, the same thing Tarkin and company were hunting in A New Hope.

Or perhaps Vader wanted the Dark!Starkiller to interfere, but the clone didn't.

Hmm... I must ponder this. The entire Rebel fleet is located, it's flagship infiltrated by Fett and an Imperial battalion, and a believable story is nowhere to be seen.

Lacan Grahf
The entire Rebel fleet is located, it's flagship infiltrated by Fett and an Imperial battalion, and a believable story is nowhere to be seen.

I never said that the story didn't have faults, but no more than anything else in the PT or OT.

Lord Lucien
I never said that the story didn't have faults, but no more than anything else in the PT or OT. ... blink

Alright then...

Lacan Grahf
... blink

Alright then...

Yeah, I've been arguing this sort of thing elsewhere with people who are b1tching because we weren't told how Leia got ahold of the Death Star plans or how the invasion of Coruscant was stupid because we weren't told how the Separatists waltzed right in and abducted Palpatine.

Star Wars is legendary for its plotholes.

Lord Lucien
Yeah, I've been arguing this sort of thing elsewhere with people who are b1tching because we weren't told how Leia got ahold of the Death Star plans or how the invasion of Coruscant was stupid because we weren't told how the Separatists waltzed right in and abducted Palpatine.

Star Wars is legendary for its plotholes. Plotholes shmotholes. I just want some good storytelling. The first game was great for it. Definitely not a great story, but interesting. The second one sucked the big one.

Lacan Grahf
Plotholes shmotholes. I just want some good storytelling. The first game was great for it. Definitely not a great story, but interesting. The second one sucked the big one.

I disagree. I thought it was a pretty good attempt to go in a darker route and I loved its portrayal of Vader. Yes, the cameos by Yoda and Fett were absolutely lackluster and coldly calculated. And yes, it was entirely too short.

But I was pleased with what they attempted.

Lord Lucien
I disagree. I thought it was a pretty good attempt to go in a darker route and I loved its portrayal of Vader. Yes, the cameos by Yoda and Fett were absolutely lackluster and coldly calculated. And yes, it was entirely too short.

But I was pleased with what they attempted. The bold words are nothing but the truth.

Nephthys
Yes we were, on both counts. erm

Also, is this shitty game your gawddamn vietnamese lovechild or something? Jesus.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys

Also, is this shitty game your gawddamn vietnamese lovechild or something? Jesus. The animators were South Korean. Every American has to support it's Ally. That's why we're able to hate it.

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by Nephthys

"The EU don't count!!1! The movies should stand alone!"

I don't expect anime lovers or Canadians to understand the quiet brilliance of this game.

Lord Lucien

I don't expect anime lovers or Canadians to understand the quiet brilliance of this game. I don't expect 'Mericans to understand shit masquerading as video-games.

Lacan Grahf
I don't expect 'Mericans to understand shit masquerading as video-games.

YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH 'MERICA WE COULD TOTALLY OWN YOUR COUNTRY IN A FIGHT DO YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT

no expression

Lord Lucien
YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH 'MERICA WE COULD TOTALLY OWN YOUR COUNTRY IN A FIGHT DO YOU WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT

no expression And who's got the all-time record for longest sniper shots? Hmm, 'Merica, what's tha-- Oh, you're head's gone.

Lacan Grahf
And who's got the all-time record for longest sniper shots? Hmm, 'Merica, what's tha-- Oh, you're head's gone.

But you only have, like, 3 soldiers. And only one is a decent sniper.

Lord Lucien
He's all the army we need. Every one of the 150-odd soldiers we lost in Afghanistan are all pseudonyms for his cigarette butts. The other two man our navy and fly our jets and choppers. At the same time.

Lacan Grahf
He's all the army we need. Every one of the 150-odd soldiers we lost in Afghanistan are all pseudonyms for his cigarette butts. The other two man our navy and fly our jets and choppers. At the same time.

Damn.

We, uhh.... make better movies?

Lord Lucien
Granted.

Lacan Grahf
raver

Nephthys

No we were actually told in the movies. no expression

'Many bothans died to bring us these plans.' - Bothan Spies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj8nJXiyFBk - Surprise attack that caught them off guard.

Oh god just let me wipe this single goddamn tear rolling down my cheek away so I can answer. Boo-frickity-Hoo mother****er.

No, its just too much. Your sick burns have proved the end of me. *dies*

Lord Lucien
'Bout time.

Nephthys
Remember, I died for your sins.

angel

Lord Lucien
"No one ever died for my sins in hell
As far as I can tell
At least the ones I got away with"

chilled monkey
And that's why he allowed himself to be captured and bound and taken off to who knows where. Yeah, he's a smart guy.

Yeah he is. Sauron did exactly the same thing with the Numenorians and then destroyed them from within.

Subtlety, misdirection, letting the enemy think they're winning to lull them into a false sense of security. Seems very smart to me.

Jinsoku Takai

I ***king hope not!!

Dark Exile
I heard TFU 3 was cancelled even before 2 was released. If that is indeed the case, it shares the same fate of KotOR3 and BattleFront 3.

Darth Truculent
So there's a very powerful Jedi Knight who kicked Vader's ass twice loose in the galaxy and Palapatine says "to hell with Starkiller/Galen Marek, let's build a Death Star." No, either Marek drops off the grid or is killed. Nowhere in the films is he mentioned nor Kota - that gives me the impression that both Jedi were KIA otherwise Marek (other than Obi-Wanand ) possibly would have finished Luke's training. At the time Marek (other than Yoda and Palpatine) Marek was the most powerful Force user in the galaxy, so either another game or book will tell us what happened to him.

Starkiller's song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og_1i8PZ18k

Nephthys
Your song choice is......questionable. And that you keep doing that song thing is wierd.

truejedi
yeah, we don't give them songs. we just don't.

chilled monkey
Personally I think this song suits Galen Marek/Starkiller best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xp-7N2jEYU

RE: Blaxican
Ah, generic rock song.

How did I know?!

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yeah he is. Sauron did exactly the same thing with the Numenorians and then destroyed them from within.

Subtlety, misdirection, letting the enemy think they're winning to lull them into a false sense of security. Seems very smart to me. Sauron was brilliant. Vader, especially with his previous actions in the game, is not. A moment of "weakness" on the clone's part and there goes Vader's head. Why he didn't have the Dark clone kill them all and infiltrate the Rebellion, I don't know.

Lord Lucien
Found the one person who could put in to words the truth about TFU II.

MasterAshenVor
That was fricken Hilarious but wrong. smile

Jinsoku Takai

This here ^, Canadian, is the greatest thing I have ever heard.

chilled monkey
Sauron was brilliant. Vader, especially with his previous actions in the game, is not. A moment of "weakness" on the clone's part and there goes Vader's head. Why he didn't have the Dark clone kill them all and infiltrate the Rebellion, I don't know.

That's a very good point.

That was very funny (I especially like the part about the 'romance' in AotC), but I'm still looking forwards to reading the TFU II novel.

What made the first TFU such a great story was seeing Galen rise out of darkness to become a hero. TFU II also promises to be a great story as it involves a fascinating topic; the struggle for identity and what it means to be human. I seriously hope they don't try to later go "oh he's the real Galen after all" (I know, sounds impossible but some people can be very stupid).

Having him be a clone is far more compelling as it shows humanity is not so easily defined. I like the idea that he rejects being so easily dismissed and chooses to say, "even if I'm a clone I am alive and my feelings are real."

(And wouldn't it be awesome if Starkiller said, "I'm not a thing, I AM A MAN!" and punched Vader in the gut?

Yes, I watch Atop the Fourth Wall.)

Kazenji
TFU 2 even won an award on a vidoe game show that i usually watch "Big Claim, Lame Game".

Darth Piggott
There probably will be a third force unleashed, lucasasrts is trying to milk the franchise. The first and second game did sell pretty good, but I don't think the third game will sell as good, unless lucasarts listens to the fans. I beat that game in like four hours, and returned it, yet I still have KOTOR. So, I usually tend to keep good games.

darth radon

I certainly hope so since I thoroughly enjoyed BOTH The Force Unleashed games. big grin Well you think they would since he left off with Boba Fett got all love sick and could not kill Starkiller while kissing juno. But i have not plyed the game just read the darkhorse comics(i know pity on me).

Nephthys
Originally posted by chilled monkey
(And wouldn't it be awesome if Starkiller said, "I'm not a thing, I AM A MAN!" and punched Vader in the gut?

Yes, I watch Atop the Fourth Wall.)

thumb up

Letum Lettow
Yes. It will tell us that the real anakin solo was frozen and a clone was killed. A.S. will be revived to defeat Krayts order.

Darth Piggott

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.