KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Will there be a Force Unleashed III

Will there be a Force Unleashed III
Started by: MasterAshenVor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

Will there be a Force Unleashed III

Well guys, I just got done beating The Force Unleashed II today on the Light Side ending and I couldn't help but wondering if they're going to make a third one.

The ending of TFU II (Light Side) shows Boba Fett going after Juno and Starkiller, this to me appears to be a setup for a third. What do you guys think?

I certainly hope so since I thoroughly enjoyed BOTH The Force Unleashed games. big grin

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 01:49 AM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Will there be a Force Unleashed III

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Well guys, I just got done beating The Force Unleashed II today on the Light Side ending and I couldn't help but wondering if they're going to make a third one.

The ending of TFU II (Light Side) shows Boba Fett going after Juno and Starkiller, this to me appears to be a setup for a third. What do you guys think?

I certainly hope so since I thoroughly enjoyed BOTH The Force Unleashed games. big grin
Vader was captured, Marek's fate undetermined, and Boba's on their tail... why the hell wouldn't there be a third game for LucasArts to f*ck up and make money off?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

The only F*ck up I found was that the Cinematics were choppy and the fight with Vader was disappointing. other than that the game was great. smile

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 02:13 AM
Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The gameplay was great. The story was awful. And short.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth radon
naga sadow jr.

Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
The only F*ck up I found was that the Cinematics were choppy and the fight with Vader was disappointing. other than that the game was great. smile
true

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 02:18 AM
Click here to Send darth radon a Private Message Find more posts by darth radon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

God I hope not. This was the worst game I've ever played and that involves tetris.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

worst comic book i've ever read...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 03:21 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The gameplay was great. The story was awful. And short.

The only truth to this is about the length of the game, you sumbitch.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Lacan Grahf a Private Message Find more posts by Lacan Grahf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Lacan Grahf
The only truth to this is about the length of the game, you sumbitch.
You actually liked that two-bit, shotty, unoriginal, boring, rushed, blatantly money-grabbing piece of crap storyline?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 04:14 AM
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

You actually liked that two-bit, shotty, unoriginal, boring, rushed, blatantly money-grabbing piece of crap storyline?

Unoriginal?

Boring?

You no good, Canadian sumbitch. You watch your mouth.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes, I did. I thought it was a dark, clever plotline that explored heretofore unknown elements of Star Wars and made a badass out of Darth Vader. Parts of it were lacking, but I liked the diversity.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Lacan Grahf a Private Message Find more posts by Lacan Grahf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes, I did. I thought it was a dark, clever plotline that explored heretofore unknown elements of Star Wars and made a badass out of Darth Vader. Parts of it were lacking, but I liked the diversity.
The first game, maybe. The second? They rehashed the same concept, brought back all the same players, and involved Boba Fett and Yoda for absolutely no reason. They also make Vader out to be the biggest retard since Jar Jar:

"Marek betrayed me rather quickly before, so let's clone him, give it the exact same memory and experience as the original and let him loose! Then when he escapes, let's lure him back here so he can beat me again! And to hell with the fact that the Rebellion now knows where our secret cloning facility is. I also know Rahm Kota is being held captive on Cato Neimodia, so let's not phone ahead to have him executed, thereby preventing Starkiller's clone from teaming up with the same Jedi that helped turn him against me in the first place. Alright? Break!"

The story is bad. The dialogue is trite and hackneyed, and the concept uninspiring and unoriginal.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 04:40 AM
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ You haven't played the dark side ending, have you?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 04:50 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

^ You haven't played the dark side ending, have you?
Yes I have. I've played through that game four times, and only to get the Achievements (yeah, the game's that pathetically short). The Dark Side ending was the one saving grace. Made Vader look like it was all a big setup to lure the Rebel fleet to Kamino to be destroyed and tie up loose ends.

Shame it's the non-canon ending.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 04:55 AM
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shame it's the non-canon ending.

And in what way is that relevant, good sir?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 05:01 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

And in what way is that relevant, good sir?
How is it relevant that the only piece of decent story takes place in a two minute span in a section of the game that's not part of Star Wars canon?

It's not relevant at all.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 05:03 AM
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is it relevant that the only piece of decent story takes place in a two minute span in a section of the game that's not part of Star Wars canon?

It's not relevant at all.

All that that means is that Starkiller wasn't stabbed in the back by Starkiller's second clone, not that that clone doesn't exist and not that the whole thing wasn't a set-up by Vader.

The bonus 'cutscenes' in the game lend credence to it.

Edit: Remember, Lucien, that the clone is ordered to strike only if Starkiller moves to kill Vader.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 05:04 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

All that that means is that Starkiller wasn't stabbed in the back by Starkiller's second clone, not that that clone doesn't exist and not that the whole thing wasn't a set-up by Vader.

The bonus 'cutscenes' in the game lend credence to it.

Edit: Remember, Lucien, that the clone is ordered to strike only if Starkiller moves to kill Vader.
Yeah, and in that two-second window of opportunity, the Dark Clone materializes out of nowhere. I mean, if he was there the whole time, he'd be visible in the Light side ending too, seen skulking a few feet behind Starkiller and a few feet directly in front of Kota's men. Totally makes sense.

Course any follow-up story that follows the Light path that involves the Dark clone only further f*cks up an already ridiculous plot.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 05:13 AM
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean, if he was there the whole time, he'd be visible in the Light side ending too, seen skulking a few feet behind Starkiller and a few feet directly in front of Kota's men. Totally makes sense.

Uh, no.... the clone was camouflaged.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 05:15 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Uh, no.... the clone was camouflaged.
So he was. Goddamn Vader's smart in the Dark ending.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 05:18 AM
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

So he was. Goddamn Vader's smart in the Dark ending.

Vader's smart in the whole thing, but the B1tch Side of the Force is clouding your vision. stick out tongue

Go take a nap and come back tomorrow, refreshed. big grin

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 05:20 AM