Wolverine & Sabretooth Vs. The Planeteers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
Logan and Creed refuse to recycle their beer bottles, so Ma-Ti and crew decide to teach them a lesson.

Wolverine & Sabretooth

Vs.

Kwame (Earth)
Wheeler (Fire)
Linka (Wind)
Gi (Water)
Ma-Ti (Heart)

Battle takes place in the Amazon Rain forest.

Battle 1: Kids can't form Captain Planet; ring powers only.
Battle 2: They can, but only for 5 minutes.
Battle 3: They can, but only for 10 minutes.

Discuss.

Parmaniac
Actually I think they stand a better chance without summoning him.

Tha C-Master
Why? Because they'll cut CP?

Parmaniac
Yes

CosmicComet
You simply do not vote against a guy with 'Captain' in his name.

CP ftw in 2 and 3. The guy can do just about anything. He'll simply toss them into the sun if need be.

Parmaniac
Ma-Ti soloes

They win all 3 and I ****ing loved that cartoon as a child. I hate its detractors.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Ma-Ti soloes correct

illadelph12
Bump

CosmicComet
Nothing to bump.

Cap wins.

srankmissingnin
Because I'm in a bad mood after getting a crown put in and don't feel like supporting the "haha Captain Planet was lame but lets pretend he was awesome for nostalgia" joke, I feel like stating that this is a spite thread and that either Wolverine or Sabertooth would win 10 /10 against Captain Planet with minimal effort even if could have the kids and their rings for support while he fighting.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Because I'm in a bad mood after getting a crown put in and don't feel like supporting the "haha Captain Planet was lame but lets pretend he was awesome for nostalgia" joke, I feel like stating that this is a spite thread and that either Wolverine or Sabertooth would win 10 /10 against Captain Planet with minimal effort even if could have the kids and their rings for support while he fighting. U suck, Srank.

1. CP was awesome

2. He'd stomp and given the starting conditions so would the planeteers.

CosmicComet
There's no joke here, its simply coincidental that Cap is both nostalgic and would destroy either of these hairy clowns.

srankmissingnin
Like I said I understand the "haha Captain Planet was lame but lets pretend he was awesome for nostalgia" joke, but I'm not going along with it when freaking Paste-Pot-Pete would be too much for the Planeteers or Captain Planet to handle.

Wake me up when we are pretending that the Street Sharks or Biker Mice from Mars are awesome, and take this Captain Planet joke out to the recycling bin.

King Castle
how would they do if they instead faced the ninja turtles.? huh

Like I said I understand the "haha Captain Planet was lame but lets pretend he was awesome for nostalgia" joke, but I'm not going along with it when freaking Paste-Pot-Pete would be too much for the Planeteers or Captain Planet to handle.

Wake me up when we are pretending that the Street Sharks or Biker Mice from Mars are awesome, and take this Captain Planet joke out to the recycling bin. nobody's joking. did you ever see capitain planet's feats? what would logan and sabertooth ever do to him?

King Castle
well since half the time adamantium is shown being poisonous i see that screwing CP.....drylaugh

^touché

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
nobody's joking. did you ever see capitain planet's feats? what would logan and sabertooth ever do to him?

I watched the show as a kid, he sucked, people threw oil on him and he was useless. What "feats" make you think Wolverine and Sabretooth couldn't do anything to him, dude did nothing.

He could fly, was at least class 100, swimmed through lava, controlled the elements, caused earthquakes and tornados, could raise huge stone walls and blast fire etc. Why isn't this obvious to you?

edit: plus he looked awesome and I dont care for remarks of how gay he looks in retrospect, he-man was still worse.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
He could fly, was at least class 100, swimmed through lava, controlled the elements, caused earthquakes and tornados, could raise huge stone walls and blast fire etc. Why isn't this obvious to you?

Because I remember who he fought?

Because I remember who he fought? He fought pollution for the good of the planet! He also beat Captain Pollution and the villains always resorted to some plot device or another to harm him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on what I remember of Captain Planet, I actually think he would beat Team 1. I remember him controlling the elements to an impressive degree and was pretty damn strong to boot.

I'd wager Logan and Creed could cut him though.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by King Castle
well since half the time adamantium is shown being poisonous i see that screwing CP.....drylaugh

Not quite as cut and dried as that. It's not a pollutant to the environment.

And he's taken direct radioactive blasts to the chests without going down before, so its not as if some minor cigar smoke is going to put him down as someone whose ignorant of his abilities like srank might joke about.

They have no means of killing him. The dude has transmuted into wooden logs before and subsequently gone through a wood-cutting machine, they thought he was dead, but he completely reformed (though he was shaken up by it.)

King Castle
okay... let me ask you what makes you think he is adamantium resistant?

and Adamantium and the way it was depcited for decades that it's production would be hazardous to the environment.

pfff... they used a nuclear reactor to process it in th weapon X era.

CosmicComet
Sabretooth might be able to nick him with effort, but I don't believe Wolverine has enough strength to dig into him at all.

Cap has some great durability to high PSI output:
yiEf2W8RwO0
^6:12-6:30

The process itself maybe, but the solidified form of the metal itself isn't exactly going to degrade in the environment, thus no harm. It's a stretch to say its going to impede him when at his strongest, more overt methods like radioactive blasts did not kill him.

King Castle
again what evidence do you have that Adamantium cant cut him?

nothing in his comic series is close to what adamantium is in the marvel you..

also we dont use the tv show here...

we are discussing the comic version.. which i only own 2 issues of.

we are discussing the comic version.. which i only own 2 issues of. adamantium can cut him. It wont poison him like some forms of pollution did. he can probably heal the wound though and he has ranged options. even dumping a humongous rock on them, which he can extract from the ground with his 'earthbend', would work

CosmicComet

we are discussing the comic version.. which i only own 2 issues of.

-Why not actually learn to read you jackwagon? I never said adamantium couldn't cut him. I said Wolverine probably does not have the strength to do so, but that Sabretooth might. Logan has trouble hurting bricks with less durability than what CP demonstrated in that clip, which I'm certain you didn't even watch.

-Nothing compares to adamantium, but then again the sharpness of the metal is also not the only factor, as the power of the pistons of that massive machine, combined with the fact that Cap was a stationary trapped target with no backwards movement, combined with all the weight of that giant blade all forced onto the tip, is more than wolverine can probably do with his strength.

-What a silly technicality. The point of the OP is to clearly discuss Captain Planet, as a joke or otherwise. He merely mentioned that he exists in comics as some sort of half-hearted justification. Which won't last, because Cap is a primarily TV based character, and thus despite him having a comic, this thread will be locked soon anyway.

illadelph12
I'm actually a bit more interested in peoples opinions on how the Planeteers would do as individuals moreso than whether Captain Planet could beat Wolverine & Sabretooth (which I'm of the school of thought that he could easily).

And no, this isn't a joke thread, The Planeteers are technically a group of elementally empowered "superheroes", so I'm trying to gauge their formidability.

King Castle
they wouldnt last...

junzo muto.. anyone?

Originally posted by illadelph12
I'm actually a bit more interested in peoples opinions on how the Planeteers would do as individuals moreso than whether Captain Planet could beat Wolverine & Sabretooth (which I'm of the school of thought that he could easily).

And no, this isn't a joke thread, The Planeteers are technically a group of elementally empowered "superheroes", so I'm trying to gauge their formidability. Starting conditions say 500 meters apart, they have the ranged options and Ma-ti's power might interfere with their functioning. Koam could encircle them within a stone wall or dome and Willy could fill it with flames. They can summon hurricanes, etc. They win.

rotiart
The earth guy imprisons them in a dome of earth... The water girl fills it with water.

Playing smart they drown the two... But ive never knowm the kids to display a killer instinct... So i mean it would be tough to claim the kids would do it (sibce cis still applies)

And wolverine coukd possibly close 500 meters and kill all five kids before they could summon captain planet...

bobbi
What counts as win here? I would assume KO. And is BFR allowed?

From what i remember, the planeteers didn't have that huge a control over the elements. I never saw them make hurricanes or earthquakes over more than a pretty local area. They also didn't really fight and didnt' have any obvious speed feats. So I'd give it to wolves and sabes on that

I'm not buying the adamantium being pollution thing. Ipods make a lot of toxins in their production but I don't see those taking cap down. I think the main toxicity of it is that we got adamantium being incorporated into a persons entire skeleton. If you did that with any metal it'll probably be toxic as well. And no one who has adamantium based weapons seem to have any neve side effects from it so I doubt it'd do much to capt planet.

We've never seen cap be damaged by anything but pollution actually. And he has pretty impressive control of the elements. And he can fly so he can stay out of range of them if he really had to. He'd probably just bury them under a mountain for the win. They won't die from that but I think that's good enough for a win.

Originally posted by rotiart
The earth guy imprisons them in a dome of earth... The water girl fills it with water.

Playing smart they drown the two... But ive never knowm the kids to display a killer instinct... So i mean it would be tough to claim the kids would do it (sibce cis still applies)

And wolverine coukd possibly close 500 meters and kill all five kids before they could summon captain planet... well, it was a cartoon aimed at children in the early 90s. thy laced killer instincts, but knowing that Sabertooth and Wolverine have healing factors and are almost unkillable, I think they could go for making the earth swallow them. They can also BFR people with winds.

Mindset
Didn't read any post in this thread.

Wheeler solos.

^thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.