The greatest being in each tier of power....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Street Level
Enhanced
Herald
Trans
Skyfather
Elder God
Cube Being
Abstract/High End Cosmic
God Tier

Who would you pick as the greatest/most powerful being for each of the above tiers?

As pertains this thread, we are not breaking things down into low, mid, high...so its just the overall greatest/most powerful for each tier.

Also, TOAA is not included as he is a given...

No artifacts...in other words, no IG or HotU...sentient beings only. Thus Cube Beings are allowed, but no immature cubes.

So once again, who would you pick?

smile

zopzop
Street Level - Wolverine
Enhanced - Graviton
Herald - Silver Surfer or Thor
Trans - Thanos easily
Skyfather - Odin easily
Elder God - Demogorge
Cube Being - Any, they all the same
Abstract/High End Cosmic - Eternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion they all equal
God Tier - LT

IMHO you need something below God Tier but above abstract : Avatar Force.

I'd put the PF there even though I love the GF.

Mindset
What is Genis considered?

Or Spiderman and Iron Fist?

Thanos is skyfather.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Excellent list; I agree with it for the most part...

I've always thought of Wolvie as a low to mid enhanced though as he is clearly superhuman; I've always thought of Street Levelers (in the case of the best of them) as peak humans with tons of intense training...

Question...what tier would you put the 2000ft Destroyer in? What tier would you put Mephisto (within the heart of Hell) in?

@Mindset

What makes you think Thanos is a Skyfather?

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Avatar Force? What would seperate it (them) from Abstracts/High Emd Cosmics?

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Avatar Force? What would seperate it (them) from Abstracts/High Emd Cosmics?

I just like it as a separate category ever since I saw it in Marvel Tarot.

I'm a sucker for the occult LoM big grin

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
I just like it as a separate category ever since I saw it in Marvel Tarot.

I'm a sucker for the occult LoM big grin

Gotcha! smile

Mindset
@zopzop

Excellent list; I agree with it for the most part...

I've always thought of Wolvie as a low to mid enhanced though as he is clearly superhuman; I've always thought of Street Levelers (in the case of the best of them) as peak humans with tons of intense training...

Question...what tier would you put the 2000ft Destroyer in? What tier would you put Mephisto (within the heart of Hell) in?

@Mindset

What makes you think Thanos is a Skyfather? His feats.

TheLordofMurder
You know, as pertains the Silver Surfer and Thor, that is a hard one to call...

On one hand, Surfer is really strong as pertains to matter/energy manipulation, but Thor counters that with the God Blast...

Its most likely a situation where they are (as a whole) equal, but Surfer is more versatile while Thor is more combat capable...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Mindset
His feats.

Such as?

I've never seen Thanos do some of the stuff that I've seen a Skyfather like Odin, Surter, or even Seth do...

Give me some examples of him weilding Skyfather level power...

TheLordofMurder
@Mindset

Btw, I dont know where to put Genis, but Spiderman and Iron fist are definitely Enhanced Tier characters...

Mindset
Such as?

I've never seen Thanos do some of the stuff that I've seen a Skyfather like Odin, Surter, or even Seth do...

Give me some examples of him weilding Skyfather level power... Having an extended fight with Odin while SS was like a gnat.

Fighting Tyrant while other heralds got raped.

psycho gundam
is this a marvel only thread? haven't seen one dc character's name in here at all

TheLordofMurder
Having an extended fight with Odin while SS was like a gnat.

Fighting Tyrant while other heralds got raped.

Thanos proved great durability during his fight with Odin, but that doesnt prove he has Skyfather level power; Classic Juggs has tremendous damage soak and he isnt a Skyfather...

Besides, Thanos's attacks did practically nothing to Odin (while a true Skyfather like Seth was actually able to harm Odin); IMHO this is not proof that Thanos is a Skyfather level character...

The Odinforce has proven capable of teleporting the entire human race to another dimension...THAT is Skyfather level power...show me a scan of Thanos doing something on par with that then you'll have a legit argument.

As pertains fighting Tyrant, Thanos was amped with that globe; this isnt conclusive evidence that Thanos is a Skyfather...

Surter busted a galaxy forging Twilight...does Thanos has any feat that comes anywhere close to this?

zopzop
@Mindset

But the way he was DOMINATED by a true Skyfather clearly places him in the Trans Tier. Above Herald but below Skyfather.

@LordofMurder

Mephisto in his realm? High skyfather, like Odin. Just like Odin has complete and total control over the land of Asgard and it's inhabitants, Mephisto likewise has in his realm.

2000ft Destroyer? High Elder God or Low Cube Being Tier. Even though it's feats may LOOK impressive, keep in mind it didn't damage any of the Celestials. Compare what the 2000ft Destroyer did to what Jean did with the sliver of the PF she had (she channeled the power of a world of mutants and fed it to Cyclops and he blew off Arshiem's "Hand of Judgement", the Celestials then left the planet alone) did.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by psycho gundam
is this a marvel only thread? haven't seen one dc character's name in here at all

Nope...not Marvel only at all...feel free to include DC characters; as long as you can defend them being the greatest in any of the tiers given.

I personally would place Batman as the greatest of the Street Levelers; Captain America is superhuman (he once stated he could run a mile in a little over a minute...running 50+mph=superhuman) so he wouldnt fit in this catagory...

Anyway, this definitely isnt Marvel only...

CosmicComet
What is Genis considered?

Or Spiderman and Iron Fist?

Thanos is skyfather.

idk.

i'd say Genis is a cube being.

TheLordofMurder
@LordofMurder

Mephisto in his realm? High skyfather, like Odin. Just like Odin has complete and total control over the land of Asgard and it's inhabitants, Mephisto likewise has in his realm.

2000ft Destroyer? High Elder God or Low Cube Being Tier. Even though it's feats may LOOK impressive, keep in mind it didn't damage any of the Celestials. Compare what the 2000ft Destroyer did to what Jean did with the sliver of the PF she had (she channeled the power of a world of mutants and fed it to Cyclops and he blew off Arshiem's "Hand of Judgement", the Celestials then left the planet alone) did.

Agreed 100% about Mephisto...

About the Destroyer and Jean...in Thor 300, the Celestial the Destroyer sliced the arm off of begun to regenerate it immediately. Arishem didnt automatically regenerate his hand?

Not disputing your belief of where the 2000ft Destroyer tiers at btw as High Elder God or Low Cube is reasonable, but that attack against Arishem causing the Celestials to leave the planet seems kinda funny to me...

zopzop
@LoM

The PF optic blast blew his hand clean off. And it didn't regenerate. It was a smoldering mess and they up and left. I guess the planet proved itself worthy and they spared it.

Mindset
Thanos proved great durability during his fight with Odin, but that doesnt prove he has Skyfather level power; Classic Juggs has tremendous damage soak and he isnt a Skyfather...

Besides, Thanos's attacks did practically nothing to Odin (while a true Skyfather like Seth was actually able to harm Odin); IMHO this is not proof that Thanos is a Skyfather level character...

The Odinforce has proven capable of teleporting the entire human race to another dimension...THAT is Skyfather level power...show me a scan of Thanos doing something on par with that then you'll have a legit argument.

As pertains fighting Tyrant, Thanos was amped with that globe; this isnt conclusive evidence that Thanos is a Skyfather...

Surter busted a galaxy forging Twilight...does Thanos has any feat that comes anywhere close to this? And Juggs is empowered by an Elder God level being, is he not? I don't see how that is at all analogous to Thanos. Full power Juggs can take blasts to no effect that may even hurt Skyfathers eg Thor's God blast.

Seth was at a level closer than Thanos was to Odin. Terrax and SS are both herald level characters, yet one is vastly stronger than the other, does that mean that Terrax is below herald level?

You seem to be under the misguided reasoning that Thanos must show power on the level of Odin, arguably the most powerful skyfather, for him to be a skyfather...this makes no sense. Again, I'll point you to Terrax and SS.

An orb with which Thanos kept after his fight with Tyrant and added to his own power.

I'm not sure you realize how little sense you are making in trying to require Thanos to have the feats of the strongest skyfathers in order to make him skyfather himself. Is there only one level of skyfather, are skyfathers unique in comparison to ever other level of power in this regard?Originally posted by zopzop
@Mindset

But the way he was DOMINATED by a true Skyfather clearly places him in the Trans Tier. Above Herald but below Skyfather.

@LordofMurder

A trans level being is not dispatching the highest level of heralds without breaking a sweat. A trans level being is not even going to be able to contend with Odin or Tyrant.

zopzop
LoM here's the Phoenix Force Optic Blast scans :
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showpost.php?p=11998449&postcount=11

@Mindset

Thanos doesn't have the feats to place him in the Skyfather Tier. Dude these guys BUST GALAXIES like they were going out of style.

Mindset
LoM here's the Phoenix Force Optic Blast scans :
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showpost.php?p=11998449&postcount=11

@Mindset

Thanos doesn't have the feats to place him in the Skyfather Tier. Dude these guys BUST GALAXIES like they were going out of style. The strongest do, I'll ask you the same question.

Are skyfathers unique in the fact that they have no range of power in that class, unlike heralds, etc?

No trans level being is contending with Odin or Tyrant.

Nihilist
What feats does Ymir have to be considered Skyfather then?

CosmicComet
Thanos had a great showing against Odin.

He was literally spotless from all of Odin's blasts before Gungnir was brought out. And after getting up from running into a point blank blast from Odin, Thanos was able to hurt Odin somewhat with a blast of his own. And then they were exchanging blasts and countering each other to no advantage until Odin decided he needed Gungnir.

Seriously screw all all you overzealous skewed perspective having Odin backers. Odin did not show himself to be anything more than a certain percentage above Thanos in that fight. Certainly no big multiplier stronger. If Odin is high skyfather, Thanos was mid(ish) skyfather in that fight. But he's gotten stronger since then clearly.

zopzop
Originally posted by Nihilist
What feats does Ymir have to be considered Skyfather then?

Is he even Skyfather level? I know Surtur for sure is. I haven't kept up with Thor issues to give you an opinion on Ymir.

Mindset
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thanos had a great showing against Odin.

He was literally spotless from all of Odin's blasts before Gungnir was brought out. And after getting up from running into a point blank blast from Odin, Thanos was able to hurt Odin somewhat with a blast of his own. And then they were exchanging blasts and countering each other to no advantage until Odin decided he needed Gungnir.

Seriously screw all all you overzealous skewed perspective having Odin backers. Odin did not show himself to be anything more than a certain percentage above Thanos in that fight. Certainly no big multiplier stronger. If Odin is high skyfather, Thanos was mid(ish) skyfather in that fight. But he's gotten stronger since then clearly. Pretty much.

At the least low skyfather.

Mindset
Is he even Skyfather level? I know Surtur for sure is. I haven't kept up with Thor issues to give you an opinion on Ymir. Ymir is supposed to be Skyfather like Surtur is.

zopzop
CosmicComet, Mindset

How? How can you place him in the galaxy busting Skyfather Tier? Has he even destroyed a planet under his own power before? What are his best on panel feats that can compare to the annihilation of a galaxy?

TheLordofMurder
@Mindset

You are correct; comparing Thanos feats to Odin/Surter/Seth feats is raising the bar too high...

Nevertheless, showings of durability alone dont prove Thanos is a Skyfather; although Classic Juggs is powered by a Elder God, Classic Juggs himself isnt a Skyfather...

Thanos has great damage soak...thats a fact. Now where are the extreme displays of power than couldnt/havent been accomplished by anyone else in the Trans Tier? What feats of power does Thanos have under his belt to suggest he is a Skyfather?

Mindset
CosmicComet, Mindset

How? How can you place him in the galaxy busting Skyfather Tier? Has he even destroyed a planet under his own power before? What are his best on panel feats that can compare to the annihilation of a galaxy? Contending with people who can destroy galaxies.

zopzop
@Mindset

Do you really believe Odin was going all out in that fight? And by all out I mean like when he fights beings like Surtur, Forsung, etc..?

You know growing to 2000ft in size, drawing power from the land of Asgard, etc...?

Mindset
@Mindset

Do you really believe Odin was going all out in that fight? And by all out I mean like when he fights beings like Surtur, Forsung, etc..?

You know growing to 2000ft in size, drawing power from the land of Asgard, etc...? No, because Odin wasn't fighting a skyfather on his level, but a skyfather on a lower level.

Just like SS wouldn't go "all out" against Terrax, who is also a herald, but would against Thor, a herald on his level.

TheLordofMurder
@Cosmic Comet

You remember the fight wrong as it didnt go down AT ALL as you state; go back and reread Warlock and the Infinity Watch #25...I promise you your memory of that fight is failing you.

Nihilist
So Odin going all out is having to use external forces and items and not using his own natural power reserve

TheLordofMurder
So Odin going all out is having to use external forces and items and not using his own natural power reserve

The Odinforce is located in three different area's; a portion is located directly inslde of Odin, a portion is infused within Asgard itself, and a portion is inside all of the Asgardians...

Whenever Odin "amps" off of the land or its people, he is simply taking back the portion of the Odinforce given to it/them...so he actually isnt amping off of an external power source when he does this; he is simply taking back what is already his.

Now when he using his gear, thats external...definitely.

Nihilist
So you are saying under his own natural power reserves he was going full at it against Thanos, that's all I needed to know.

TheLordofMurder
So you are saying under his own natural power reserves he was going full at it against Thanos, that's all I needed to know.

Using what was inside his body? Which is only a portion of the full Odinforce? Sure...definitely.

Thats all Odin was accessing; he definitely could have accessed far more and annihilated Thanos if he wanted to kill him...

Although I'd argue that Odin wasnt even fully accessing what was inside of him as he didnt assume Giant Size (not to be confused with him going into 2000ft Destroyer Mode) as he typically does against Surter...

Nihilist
@LOM Surtur is equal to Odin without the Twilight and Surtur is a lot bigger so it makes sense he would increase his size. After all you did say Odin usimg his gear is a sign of calling on outside help which did when using the Gungnir.

TheLordofMurder
Bah....

How does EVERYTHING end up being about that purple, butt faced, B*****D!??

Screw Thanos for a moment; how do the rest of the tiers pan out in you guys honest opinion?

Nihilist
Also you don't have to have OMGZ galaxy busting feats to be in the wide range Skyfather tier as DP Tyrant has non and is considered mid/high skyfather

TheLordofMurder
@LOM Surtur is equal to Odin without the Twilight and Surtur is a lot bigger so it makes sense he would increase his size. After all you did say Odin usimg his gear is a sign of calling on outside help which did when using the Gungnir.

Using Gungnir is definitely a sign of using something outside his "natural" power; Gungnir is simply a focus though...it doesnt actually amp Odin, but it does allow him to focus his energies more tightly.

As pertains Odins Giant Size, in that form, Odin is far stronger than normal...

He could have assumed that form and completely overwhelmed Thanos physically...

Nihilist
Bah....

Screw Thanos for a moment; how does the rest of the tiers pan out in you guys honest opinion? . Why? Because your the one who questioned mindsets opinion on Thanos and started the whole debate about his placing.

Imo Genis Vell is hard to place because of his regular persona,photon and insane persona.

TheLordofMurder
Also you don't have to have OMGZ galaxy busting feats to be in the wide range Skyfather tier as DP Tyrant has non and is considered mid/high skyfather

DP Tyrant is considered a mid/high skyfather!? By who?? You Thanos/DP Tyrant fanboi's??

Well, its a good thing that the consensus here at KMC isnt dominated by Thanos/DP Tyrant fanboi's as DP Tyrant is considered Trans by the tierings here at KMC:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t447826.html

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
. Why? Because your the one who questioned mindsets opinion on Thanos and started the whole debate about his placing.

Yeah...I got baited into that one...didnt I?

Nihilist
Lol that tier system is a Rough guide the majority of poster consider him skyfather and if you had been here for a long time you would know through various debates about him

Nihilist
Yeah...I got baited into that one...didnt I? How did Mindset bait you as he isn't a Thanos fanboy by any stretch? Its more like you showed you true anti Thanos trolling colours again.

TheLordofMurder
Lol that tier system is a Rough guide the majority of poster consider him skyfather and if you had been here for a long time you would know through various debates about him

Oh I have been here for a while; lurked for a long while and simply read what others had to say though...

But I have read the debates and I agree with the tierings here at KMC; DP Tyrant is Trans...

DP Tyrant only faired so well against Galactus because of massive PIS:

1) Galactus created Tyrant and logically should know his powerset inside and out...
2) Galactus had just encountered DP Tyrant during the Herald Ordeal and thus should have had DP fresh on his mind, YET....
3) Galactus (and this is directly stated ON PANEL...which shows it was bad BS writing) "forgets" that DP Tyrant eats BSE and "forgets" that DP Tyrant is a technopath and uses his machinery against him...
4) Add that up and it was horribly written...

Combine that with getting knocked around by Thanos, and DP Tyrant is Trans; the consensus has spoken...let the heavens rejoice!

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
How did Mindset bait you as he isn't a Thanos fanboy by any stretch? Its more like you showed you true anti Thanos trolling colours again.

Your pic looks trollish...

Nihilist
Oh I have been here for a while; lurked for a long while and simply read what others had to say though...

But I have read the debates and I agree with the tierings here at KMC; DP Tyrant is Trans...

DP Tyrant only faired so well against Galactus because of massive PIS:

1) Galactus created Tyrant and logically should know his powerset inside and out...
2) Galactus had just encountered DP Tyrant during the Herald Ordeal and thus should have had DP fresh on his mind, YET....
3) Galactus (and this is directly stated ON PANEL...which shows it was bad BS writing) "forgets" that DP Tyrant eats BSE and "forgets" that DP Tyrant is a technopath and uses his machinery against him...
4) Add that up and it was horribly written...

Combine that with getting knocked around by Thanos, and DP Tyrant is Trans; the consensus has spoken...let the heavens rejoice!

Happy Dance Don't you mean knocke around with no real damage by a high trans Thanos(your words) who had a power amp. Dp Tyrant easily dispatched surfer,brb,gladiator,terrax,jack of hearts and ganymede ateam far more impersive that what Zeus beat.

My pic looks trollsihlaughing out loud lame come back, but then again you would know better than anyone about what is trollish Happy Dance

-Pr-
Guys, debate properly or the thread will be closed.

Colossus-Big C
What feats does Ymir have to be considered Skyfather then? stalemating surtur

Colossus-Big C
Street Level -wolverine
Enhanced- storm or Namor
Herald-Silver Surfer or Thor
Trans- Morg with Wol
Skyfather- Odin or Surtur with Twilight
Elder God- Demogorge
Cube Being-Kubic
Abstract/High End Cosmic- Pheonix Force
God Tier- LT

Philosophía
Originally posted by psycho gundam
is this a marvel only thread? haven't seen one dc character's name in here at all It's because DC's characters are weak, and Marvel's are the strongest there is!

And because it's the state KMC is in right now. ermmnone

TheLordofMurder
@Big-C

Why do you consider Wolverine a Street Leveler?

In your minds eye, what are the criteria for being Street Level?

@Nihilist

When did I ever call Thanos a High Trans? Looks at that tiering list here on KMC, I see a fair number of characters there that I feel would trump Thanos in a fight...

Also, I firmly believe that Zeus could have defeated that same team DP Tyrant beat and more...

Colossus-Big C
@Big-C

Why do you consider Wolverine a Street Leveler?

In your minds eye, what are the criteria for being Street Level?

@Nihilist

When did I ever call Thanos a High Trans? Looks at that tiering list here on KMC, I see a fair number of characters there that I feel would trump Thanos in a fight...

Also, I firmly believe that Zeus could have defeated that same team DP Tyrant beat and more... wolverine isnt, i messed up

BobbyD
Bah....

Screw Thanos for a moment; how do the rest of the tiers pan out in you guys honest opinion?

Amen! It's like every time a thread is brought up that remotely involves Thanos, the thread gets ruined.

We get it. All of us do. You Thanos fanboys like Thanos. I'm ok with that.

Just don't shove your ideas and philosophies down our throats like a republican attempts to do to a democrat or vice versa. For Christ's sake, learn to agree to disagree with people.

Someone says something you disagree with and all of you get teary-eyed, sensitive. Debate all you want. All of you present good points, scans when necessary, etc. But when it comes time to disagree, let it go guys.

Ugh! roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheLordofMurder
I would go as follows:

Street Level: Batman.
Enhanced: Graviton.
Herald: Thor.
Trans: DP Tyrant.
Skyfather: Odin.
Elder God: Demogorge.
Cube Being: Kubik (The Shaper should be just as strong, but he lacks the feats Kubik has).
Abstact/High End Cosmic: Eternity/Infinity.
God Tier: Living Tribunal.

Colossus-Big C
tyrant and thanos are legit skyfather. thanos easily took care of a trans before

Q99
. Why? Because your the one who questioned mindsets opinion on Thanos and started the whole debate about his placing.

Imo Genis Vell is hard to place because of his regular persona,photon and insane persona.

And even in Insane there's some variety- Odin-Force Thor broke one of his shields, and he had his power cut off at one point. And he also killed a non-fighting-back Eternity and fired an energy blast strong enough to let Entropy become the new Eternity.

The Nuul
Street Level: Batman
Enhanced: Wolverine or Danny.
Herald: SS
Trans: Thanos
Skyfather: Odin
Elder God: Meh..
Cube Being: Meh..
Abstract/High End Cosmic: Meh..
God Tier: Hulk

Nihilist
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
stalemating surtur Ymir had the Casket of Ancient winters then though iirc

Omega Vision
Street: Batman
Meta Tier: Iron Man?
Herald: Surfer
Trans: PC Mongul IMO
Skyfather: PC Darkseid
Elder God: Monarch
Won't touch on all the other tiers, Cosmic debating is always a shit storm

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Won't touch on all the other tiers, Cosmic debating is always a shit storm you're 0 for 5

Tha C-Master
You think so?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ymir had the Casket of Ancient winters then though iirc

Casket of ancient winters? What fight are you referring to? I don't recall Ymir ever using it to amp himself against Surtur. I do recall Surtur using it to imprison Odin however.

And yes, Ymir has gone toe to toe with Surtur. His treated as his equal as far as I can tell, with the Twilight Sword giving him the edge over Ymir.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
you're 0 for 5
Does anyone who matters have a comment?

The Nuul
Nope, its your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Utrigita
A few (if I matter)

Surfer above Thor?

Why did you pick PC Darkseid, I thought the Darkseid that controlled the 5 million Daxamites was stronger?

Else I generally see the reason behind the picks, and ofcause it's your opinion.

janus77
Originally posted by The Nuul
Street Level: Batman
Enhanced: Wolverine or Danny.
Herald: SS
Trans: Thanos
Elder God: Meh..
Cube Being: Meh..
Abstract/High End Cosmic: Meh..
God Tier: Hulk
quit lowballing Hulk.

what FEATS does TOAA have to place him above Hulk?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Street Level - Captain America.
Herald - Thor/Surfer/Classic Doctor Strange/Fate/Superman etc.
Trans - King Thor (I think his quite clearly Skyfather but I see people ranking him in Trans for some reason)
Skyfather - Odin.
Elder God - Probably Atum.

Of course, this depends on what limitations you think each category has LordofMurder. I for one don't think Elder Gods are automatically more powerful than Odin.

Where does someone like Hercules feat into all this for example? He has the powers of a Skyfather, but his taking on the counterpart of Eternity who consumed the Multiverse in the next issue of Chaos War.

I think once you reach Trans, attaching labels becomes pointless.

Originally posted by Utrigita
Surfer above Thor?

Which of the two do you think is greater? Simply curious.

-Pr-
Street Level - Batman (Bruce) / Daredevil
Enhanced - Geo-Force / Cyclops
Herald - Superman / Thor

Rest I don't really care about...

janus77
Street Level: DD
Enhanced: ? Wolverine?
Trans: current Hulk
Skyfather: current Hercules
Elder God: dunno
Cube Being: dunno
Abstract/High End Cosmic: Galactus with the munchies
God Tier: there's a tier of Gods (capital G)? confused ... Pre-R Beyonder

The Nuul
Meta: Tony.

basilisk
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Won't touch on all the other tiers, Cosmic debating is always a shit storm Originally posted by Starscream M
you're 0 for 5 Originally posted by Omega Vision
Does anyone who matters have a comment? There were 6

Starscream M
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
You think so?

Street: Iron Fist
Meta Tier: Namor
Herald: Superman
Trans: Depowered Tyrant
Skyfather: Full-powered Odin
Elder God: Cytorrak

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Street Level - Batman (Bruce) / Daredevil
Enhanced - Geo-Force / Cyclops
Herald - Superman / Thor

Rest I don't really care about... you gottta pick only one for each

-Pr-
you gottta pick only one for each

I picked one from Marvel and one from DC. Just be glad i left the indies out.

The Nuul
you gottta pick only one for each

Yes sir....

captain

Colossus-Big C
current hercules is a "skyfather" but his powerlevel is clearly much beyond conventional skyfathers he is up there with the abstracts

rune king thor also was a "skyfather" but his powerlevel also was much beyond coventional skyfathers

they shouldnt really be included here

im sad to say this but the ranking system beyond trans may soon be blured

a ton of people above trans all have abstract level feats

Tha C-Master
You consider Iron Fist street and Namor higher than Iron Man?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
You consider Iron Fist street and Namor higher than Iron Man? I consider Iron Fist to be the high end of the street spectrum

yes, I consider Namor to be higher than Iron Man...Namor's more durable and stronger imo

Tha C-Master
Namor is physically tougher, I think current Iron Man has more options though. But they are comparable.

Colossus-Big C
Also, hulk is skyfather level

http://www.comicpull.com/images/thumbnails/large/DEC100577.jpg

Nihilist
For f*ck sake a cover doesn't make you skyfather lvl you idiot, why do you always say this stupid shit about covers

janus77

until the battle happens, I wouldn't use that as a feat.

I think current Hulk's base level is top-end Trans, where he goes from there (with his usual amping) is anybody's guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel came back to The Beyonder's evaluation of his powers, to the oft stated "infinite" energies at his disposal and indeed did reveal him to be a fundamental force of the universe (destructive? chaotic?)... at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he went all out fighting curent Hercules to a stalemate.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://www.thefatlossninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://www.thefatlossninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg @ what?

The Nuul
Geez, when will this stupidess ever stop. My ignore list is getting too long.

-Pr-

thats not relevant to the thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
@ what?

The post above mine.

The Nuul
thats not relevant to the thread.

Kinda it does if the deluded fanboys think hes trans or skyfather.

-Pr-
Kinda it does if the deluded fanboys think hes trans or skyfather.

covers are never relevant.

The Nuul
True on that point.

D_Dude1210

http://www.thefatlossninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail1.jpg

The Nuul

Colossus-Big C

Starscream M
covers are never relevant. I'd beg to differ

carver9
Street Level - Wolverine
Enhanced - Graviton
Herald - Silver Surfer or Thor
Trans - Thanos easily
Skyfather - Odin easily
Elder God - Demogorge
Cube Being - Any, they all the same
Abstract/High End Cosmic - Eternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion they all equal
God Tier - LT

IMHO you need something below God Tier but above abstract : Avatar Force.

I'd put the PF there even though I love the GF.

This list and lom list is the best list I have seen so far (even though wolverine isn't street).

If hulk beats on skyfathers, nuul will probably jump off a building. If it happens, I promise you it will never leave my mind in hulk vs threads.

The Nuul
I'd beg to differ

Of course you do. That whats you do.

Even when covers are 90% of the time misleading.

kevdude
Eh laughing out loud

Starscream M
Of course you do. That whats you do.

Even when covers are 90% of the time misleading. yes, I agree they are overwhelminingly misleading, but sometimes they are relevant or accurate. I just disagreed with Pr saying they're 'never' relevant.

The Nuul
Hes correct.

-Pr-
I'd beg to differ

Tough.

Nihilist
Tough. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
until the battle happens, I wouldn't use that as a feat.

I think current Hulk's base level is top-end Trans, where he goes from there (with his usual amping) is anybody's guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel came back to The Beyonder's evaluation of his powers, to the oft stated "infinite" energies at his disposal and indeed did reveal him to be a fundamental force of the universe (destructive? chaotic?)... at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he went all out fighting curent Hercules to a stalemate. laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi

psycho gundam
. Happy Dance

The Nuul
WOooOooO! you are dancing for a period.

psycho gundam
eeeewww

anyway, hopefully hulk whips that skyfather....right null? biscuits

trust that it will be posted here if it happens

The Nuul
Dumbass Canadian cant even spell my user name right.

Marvel loves to please their fanboys. Its like the parents allowing the fat kid at an all you can eat buffet.

basilisk
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant is clearly clearly above the trans tier and even the skyfather tier imo. You can claim PIS all you want but the reality is… his showings put him way way beyond the Trans tier. Thanos is clearly a skyfather… even if low skyfather…His fights with Odin, Tyrant & The Maker show this to be true. One shotting killing heralds like Warlock, Drax and Phyla further prove this point. They were just KO'd they were outright killed. Tyrant is difficult because for some reason even DP he was taking it to Galactus.

Thanos IMO is not Skyfather he is something below, either top trans or something between trans and Skyfather. I can see what you mean about sheer power, smashing heralds etc putting him up there, but I don't think it's enough. He has the durability to stand up to Skyfathers for a little while before suffering damage, but he couldn't hurt Odin at all while real Skyfathers can (and Odin was only using a small amount of the powers he has demonstrated elsewhere).

Just my own view, but to me a Skyfather has more than just Thanos level toughness and blasting power. I think Skyfathers are the kind of guys that can a lot of crazy stuff with a sort of wave of their hand - stopping or altering time, teleporting vast numbers of people, or mindwiping them all or putting them in stasis, creating magical weapons out of nothing and personally imbuing them with vast power, growing to vast size etc - mythical stuff. Odin used to do that sort of thing while Thanos just can't. They are a different level of being. Maybe that's more a traditional view but I like it. To me Thanos would be a pretty low end poor man's Skyfather.

psycho gundam
Dumbass Canadian cant even spell my user name right.

Marvel loves to please their fanboys. Its like the parents allowing the fat kid at an all you can eat buffet. http://i52.tinypic.com/160wpx4.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus

Starscream M
Doing well against Galactus, does not place one above Skyfathers in my opinion.

are you suggesting that galactus needs a demotion then?

Rage.Of.Olympus
That depends on where one views Galactus in terms of power.

I've always held the position that the gap between Skyfathers and Galactus isn't anywhere near as large as some people pretend.

If all it takes is a Skyfather a bit more powerful than your average All-Father to punk Galactus, then the gap is basically non existent.

Starscream M
I would agree it's not that big...at least an average Galactus. But there is still a gap though between Galactus and a highskyfather like Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I disagree with the first part. The second is just silly.

What do people claim is PIS? His showings against Galactus? IIRC, he did only as well as he did because of his ability to absorb Galactus' energy didn't he?

Mephisto outright stalemated Galactus in his realm, and Zeus recently punked Galactus (Albeit he was amped to a degree). Doing well against Galactus, does not place one above Skyfathers in my opinion.

I would point out that doing well against a character of a certain tier does not in of itself place one in said tier but whatever.

I personally think that Thanos is a Trans level character. Maybe a low level Skyfather on one of his better days. Kind of how I think any of the elite High Heralds can have an argument made for them being a Trans.

What are you referring to?

Well I guess you don't remember correctly then Rage... Galactus usually talks to be in a condescending manner.. that is Big G.. He didn't talk about Tyrant or to Tyrant in such a way. He also rarely EVER feeds before an encounter and prep, yet he did exactly that against Tyrant. He knew the threat Tyrant posed. HE NEVER ONCE mentioned it was because Tyrant can absorb his bio energy as that isn't a big deal. Galactus absorbs the same Biosphere as Tyrant so that wasn't any advantage for Tyrant.. they both do that.

More importantly he let Tyrant TAKE his herald from him because he FEARED GALAXIES being destroyed as collateral damage of their encounter. Not because he can absorb biosphere but because of the damage their fight would cause. So it's clear by Galactus words and actions how powerful Tyrant was.

Not to mention his showing against a supposed amp Thanos.. IF thanos is for sure Trans tier.. and many believe Skyfather level.. plus amped... Yet Tyrant punked Thanos and MADE HIM LEAVE FOR FEAR OF DYING. Against Odin he HAD NO FEAR of dying and was down to continue to fight even after he felt his power. He talked to Odin as if he was his equal and was going to win.. .not close to how he acted with Tyrant. Thanos clearly viewed Tyrant as superior to Odin having felt power fo their power.

Omega Vision
Tough.
And in Whoville they say, Brucie's butthurt grew three sizes that day.

Rage.Of.Olympus
LOL

Well I guess you don't remember correctly then Rage... Galactus usually talks to be in a condescending manner.. that is Big G.. He didn't talk about Tyrant or to Tyrant in such a way. He also rarely EVER feeds before an encounter and prep, yet he did exactly that against Tyrant. He knew the threat Tyrant posed. HE NEVER ONCE mentioned it was because Tyrant can absorb his bio energy as that isn't a big deal. Galactus absorbs the same Biosphere as Tyrant so that wasn't any advantage for Tyrant.. they both do that.

More importantly he let Tyrant TAKE his herald from him because he FEARED GALAXIES being destroyed as collateral damage of their encounter. Not because he can absorb biosphere but because of the damage their fight would cause. So it's clear by Galactus words and actions how powerful Tyrant was.

I guess I don't. I don't even remember Galactus prepping.

I clearly need to reread the story because I can't take your word on anything at this point. But I swear to god, I better not reread this shit only to discover this one of those times where you own a special edition.

Not to mention his showing against a supposed amp Thanos.. IF thanos is for sure Trans tier.. and many believe Skyfather level.. plus amped... Yet Tyrant punked Thanos and MADE HIM LEAVE FOR FEAR OF DYING. Against Odin he HAD NO FEAR of dying and was down to continue to fight even after he felt his power. He talked to Odin as if he was his equal and was going to win.. .not close to how he acted with Tyrant. Thanos clearly viewed Tyrant as superior to Odin having felt power fo their power.

Hold on, are you acknowledging Thanos' amp?

Thanos is most definitely Trans. Anyone saying his below aren't honest.

I personally don't remember Thanos teleporting out because he was afraid of dying but because he got what he wanted and proved his worth or some other Stalrin like crap. But I'll take your word for it.

I honestly do not remember any sort of noticeable change of attitude between either scenes. I recall Thanos having his usual bravado against Tyrant and so on. I think he might have been talking big when they locked up arms.

That would make Thanos an even bigger idiot then I thought.

Starscream M
But I swear to god, I better not reread this shit only to discover this one of those times where you own a special edition.

laughing out loud I don't think special editions offer different content.

quanchi112
@ Rage

How is Thanos an idiot for challenging Tyrant simply for the sport out of it while also taking his orb from him ?

When did Tyrant gain vengeance for his transgressions ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not the reasons why I called Thanos an idiot.

quanchi112
Not the reasons why I called Thanos an idiot. So Thanos acknowledging one as superior to the other and being right about it makes him an idiot ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
The part about being right is wrong.

Anyways, I'm gonna go and dig up the comics.

KuRuPT Thanosi

quanchi112
The part about being right is wrong.

Anyways, I'm gonna go and dig up the comics. He was right and has no lower showings his only loss was against the un. I can't say the same for Odin.

CosmicComet
@Cosmic Comet

You remember the fight wrong as it didnt go down AT ALL as you state; go back and reread Warlock and the Infinity Watch #25...I promise you your memory of that fight is failing you.

I've read it hundreds of times before and several times just yesterday.

It went down exactly as I stated it did.

Uriel005
@Mindset

Btw, I dont know where to put Genis, but Spiderman and Iron fist are definitely Enhanced Tier characters... I'd even go so far as to put IF in Low herald after he got the book that gave him Black Black Poison touch and other instant kill moves. His chi amp strength puts him at insanely high class capable of wrecking colossus in a fist fight and he no longer gets tired with chi amping so infinite IF punches. He also allegedly has a host of kill moves now along with healing abilities and heightened senses as much as hearing the sweat dripping down someones face. His big weakness is in his durability though so that stops him from going higher.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
And even in Insane there's some variety- Odin-Force Thor broke one of his shields, and he had his power cut off at one point. And he also killed a non-fighting-back Eternity and fired an energy blast strong enough to let Entropy become the new Eternity. Thor broke his shield by throwing Mjolnir, I doubt it was the strongest shield he could have put up.

Also, I don't remember his power being cut off.

zopzop
@Rage of Olympus

Kurupt is correct. DP Tyrant did indeed punk Galactus the first time they met when he was searching for Morg.

Kurupt is also correct that Galactus specifically set out to find a proper world to devour before his show down with DP Tyrant.

Here IMHO is the post of the thread :

This is exactly what LoM and I feared. This has to stop, the BS is reaching critical mass. Good job bringing this up Big C. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks for the confirmation. For the record, I never debated that those events happened. Kurupt simply wanted to make Tyrant look really impressive so he mentioned them.

I'm still trying to download the Cosmic Power series, so I'll have to wait to reply until later today or tomorrow. sad

zopzop
Tyrant is funny that way.

I mean he pwned a group of heralds/high heralds, punked Galactus, made Thanos flee (amped or not), then goes on to absolutely humiliate a WELL FED Galactus in a fight.

Since Odin could have taken care of those heralds/high heralds with ease and we've seen how well he did vs Thanos. It all comes down to Galactus.

How would Odin do vs a well fed Galactus. If we can answer this, we'll see where we can place DP Tyrant tier wise.

I'll also note that Odin's on panel feats dwarf DP Tyrant (and Galactus and other abstracts for that matter). So Odin got that in his favor.

TheLordofMurder
Go re-read the story then as see for yourself. Galactus specifically BACKED DOWN from Tyrant the first time they met and let Tyrant take HIS herald from him.

Galactus backed down because that encounter was written by the same incompetent writer that wrote Galactus as "forgetting" DP Tyrants powerset...

The guy made Galactus job continuously...

quanchi112
Galactus backed down because that encounter was written by the same incompetent writer that wrote Galactus as "forgetting" DP Tyrants powerset...

The guy made Galactus job continuously... Whether you like it or not it still counts.

zopzop
The guy made Galactus job continuously...

In Kurupt's defense LoM, Galactus jobbing isn't exactly rare. He consistently gets humiliated by beings that have no business doing so.

Galactus : the king of jobbers
Eternity : the queen of jobbers

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I've read it hundreds of times before and several times just yesterday.

It went down exactly as I stated it did.

Liar...you wrote the following pertaining to this:

"And after getting up from running into a point blank blast from Odin, Thanos was able to hurt Odin somewhat with a blast of his own."

It didnt go down like that and you are lying to suggest otherwise...

TheLordofMurder
In Kurupt's defense LoM, Galactus jobbing isn't exactly rare. He consistently gets humiliated by beings that have no business doing so.

Galactus : the king of jobbers
Eternity : the queen of jobbers

Sadly, that is the reality of it...

Utrigita
Which of the two do you think is greater? Simply curious.

I'm nowhere near anything close to well informed on both characters to make a accurate judgement on that, I was more interested in hearing Omega since I'm sure he had a good argument.

the Darkone
Street Level Iron Fist
Enhanced: Captain Amercia, Black Panther,Deathstroke
Herald: Thor, Silver Surfer,
Trans: Thanos, Dp Tyrant, Despero
Elder God: Atum the God Eater
Cube Being: Evil Molecule Man
Abstract/High End Cosmic: Eternity
God Tier: Living Tribunal

Mindset
Originally posted by the Darkone
Street Level Iron Fist
I don't get it.

BUSTER1
Street Level Iron Fist

Whaaatttt??????

CosmicComet
Liar...you wrote the following pertaining to this:

"And after getting up from running into a point blank blast from Odin, Thanos was able to hurt Odin somewhat with a blast of his own."

It didnt go down like that and you are lying to suggest otherwise...

That is EXACTLY what happened for one portion of the fight.

The Nuul
Street Level Iron Fist

WTF???

the Darkone
WTF???

WTF?? Get over it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.