The 2011 Academy Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Best Picture:

The King's Speech
------------------------------------

Best Director:

Tom Hooper; The King's Speech
-------------------------------------

Best Actor:

Colin Firth; The King's Speech

Best Actress:

Natelie Portman; Black Swan

Best Supporting Actor:

Christian Bale; The Fighter

Best Supporting Actress;

Mellissa Leo; The Fighter

Best Original Screenplay:

The King's Speech

Best Adapted Screenplay:

The Social Network

Best Animated Feature:

Toy Story 3

http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/nominees

wow. i had the girl from "true grit" taking it for best supporting actress.. in fact i was surprised she wasn't nominated for best actress. even thought she's 14 she did a hell of a job. even way, way better of a job than the woman who played the same exact role in the 60's version on the film which won a golden globe for best picture, and starred John Wayne, which won him the oscar for best actor at the academy's in '69, which was the role Jeff Bridges was playing, in which he was nominated for best actor award in 2011, an award which he won last year for another film.

and i'll give it to natelie on that role..it seemed the most strenuous of all the roles all the actresses played apart in their respective roles.

I knew Christian Bale was (rightfully) gonna win b.s.a.

the king's speech.. ok.

it was oscar caliber-like in a way..i enjoyed true grit and winter's bone moreso. outta all the best pic nominees i havent seen "the kids are alright" and "toy Story 3" yet but i will in the next day or two. so my choice may change but i thought either "inception" or "black swan" was gonna win just because but then again sci fi/fantasy films have never been popular with the academy's anway, but it was just a thought..

what are your thoughts?...

Mindset
Inception should have won.

Glad Bale and Portman did.

RE: Blaxican
I didn't see any of the movies that won any of those rewards besides Toy Story 3. But whatever. Eventually the Oscar's ratings will drop so low due to their fetish for indie movies no one's heard about that they'll become irrelevent.

Mindset
Wait, are you saying the movies that won are indie?

Bluesteel
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I didn't see any of the movies that won any of those rewards besides Toy Story 3. But whatever. Eventually the Oscar's ratings will drop so low due to their fetish for indie movies no one's heard about that they'll become irrelevent.

Now its the indie movies that should not win, and then people whine about oscars being only given to mainstream movies. seriously.

MildPossession
Give me a fetish for indie film over more mainstream anyday, the more films, that are not as well known, that get seen, the better.

But, the films nominated in this years oscars main catagories were hardly films that no one has heard of...

Darth Piggott
I only heard of Toy Story 3 and Social Network. Never heard of the other two. 2/2 isn't too bad

Kazenji
From whats listed in the post above i've heard of all them but have only actually seen one which was 'The Fighter'.

Nephthys
The Kings Speech sounds like the most boring movie ever. I can see why it won. no expression

General_Iroh
They can suck it, Jeff Bridges > Colin Firth

ADarksideJedi
I watched it on and off it was pretty boring at some points and I can't stand the people who were hosting it.

MildPossession
This is a film board, I assume film fans, yet some of you have only heard of a few of the films...

Robtard
Best Actress: Natelie Portman; Black Swan = PURE FAIL

The Nuul
Originally posted by Robtard
Best Actress: Natelie Portman; Black Swan = PURE FAIL

thumb up

But I dont like the other picks. confused

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
thumb up

But I dont like the other picks. confused

I didn't watch the Oscars, so I don't know who else was nominated. But off the top of my head, Amy Adams in 'The Fighter' did a better and more powerful role as a female lead.

siriuswriter
I sooo wanted Helena Bonham-Carter to finally take home an Oscar for "The King's Speech." She was fantastic. Bale was destined to take the best supporting, in fact, both actor and actress award stayed the same since the SAG awards. I assume Inception got cinematography and special effects, all those technical ones.

I wanted to see mila kunis get best supporting actress...

and obviously many of you haven't seen The King's Speech, judging by the haters. It was an awesome movie.

Robtard
King's Speech is fantastic. Not so sure about Carter's role, while not terrible in the least, she really wasn't a stand-out. Than again, she could have just been that over-shadowed by the other two.

BruceSkywalker
watched the oscars last night as i do each year.. saw just about all the films which were nominated...

glad for bale and firth.. leo has come a long way since homicide: life on the street

Deano
portman was brilliant in the black swan. deserved her award

SnakeEyes
The Social Network should've won.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
The Social Network should've won.

NAY!

Kazenji
Yet another year the oscars manage to leave someone else out in the Memorium.

FistOfThe North
like who corey haim?

Kazenji
Him and couple others i did'nt know about or heard of

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/oscars-in-memoriam-didnt-mention/

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I sooo wanted Helena Bonham-Carter to finally take home an Oscar for "The King's Speech." She was fantastic. Bale was destined to take the best supporting, in fact, both actor and actress award stayed the same since the SAG awards. I assume Inception got cinematography and special effects, all those technical ones.

I wanted to see mila kunis get best supporting actress...

and obviously many of you haven't seen The King's Speech, judging by the haters. It was an awesome movie.

I love her as an actess so I was planning to watch the movie when it comes out on dvd. smile

Deano
helen bonham carter is a mug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.