KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The 2011 Academy Awards

The 2011 Academy Awards
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

The 2011 Academy Awards

Best Picture:

The King's Speech
------------------------------------

Best Director:

Tom Hooper; The King's Speech
-------------------------------------

Best Actor:

Colin Firth; The King's Speech

Best Actress:

Natelie Portman; Black Swan

Best Supporting Actor:

Christian Bale; The Fighter

Best Supporting Actress;

Mellissa Leo; The Fighter

Best Original Screenplay:

The King's Speech

Best Adapted Screenplay:

The Social Network

Best Animated Feature:

Toy Story 3

http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/nominees

wow. i had the girl from "true grit" taking it for best supporting actress.. in fact i was surprised she wasn't nominated for best actress. even thought she's 14 she did a hell of a job. even way, way better of a job than the woman who played the same exact role in the 60's version on the film which won a golden globe for best picture, and starred John Wayne, which won him the oscar for best actor at the academy's in '69, which was the role Jeff Bridges was playing, in which he was nominated for best actor award in 2011, an award which he won last year for another film.

and i'll give it to natelie on that role..it seemed the most strenuous of all the roles all the actresses played apart in their respective roles.

I knew Christian Bale was (rightfully) gonna win b.s.a.

the king's speech.. ok.

it was oscar caliber-like in a way..i enjoyed true grit and winter's bone moreso. outta all the best pic nominees i havent seen "the kids are alright" and "toy Story 3" yet but i will in the next day or two. so my choice may change but i thought either "inception" or "black swan" was gonna win just because but then again sci fi/fantasy films have never been popular with the academy's anway, but it was just a thought..

what are your thoughts?...

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 06:10 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Inception should have won.

Glad Bale and Portman did.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 06:19 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I didn't see any of the movies that won any of those rewards besides Toy Story 3. But whatever. Eventually the Oscar's ratings will drop so low due to their fetish for indie movies no one's heard about that they'll become irrelevent.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 06:20 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Wait, are you saying the movies that won are indie?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 06:25 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I didn't see any of the movies that won any of those rewards besides Toy Story 3. But whatever. Eventually the Oscar's ratings will drop so low due to their fetish for indie movies no one's heard about that they'll become irrelevent.

Now its the indie movies that should not win, and then people whine about oscars being only given to mainstream movies. seriously.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 09:59 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Give me a fetish for indie film over more mainstream anyday, the more films, that are not as well known, that get seen, the better.

But, the films nominated in this years oscars main catagories were hardly films that no one has heard of...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 12:06 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

I only heard of Toy Story 3 and Social Network. Never heard of the other two. 2/2 isn't too bad

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 12:20 PM
Darth Piggott is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From whats listed in the post above i've heard of all them but have only actually seen one which was 'The Fighter'.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 12:35 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Kings Speech sounds like the most boring movie ever. I can see why it won. no expression

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 01:12 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

They can suck it, Jeff Bridges > Colin Firth

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 03:52 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I watched it on and off it was pretty boring at some points and I can't stand the people who were hosting it.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 04:01 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a film board, I assume film fans, yet some of you have only heard of a few of the films...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 05:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Best Actress: Natelie Portman; Black Swan = PURE FAIL

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 06:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Robtard
Best Actress: Natelie Portman; Black Swan = PURE FAIL

thumb up

But I dont like the other picks. confused

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 06:29 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by The Nuul
thumb up

But I dont like the other picks. confused

I didn't watch the Oscars, so I don't know who else was nominated. But off the top of my head, Amy Adams in 'The Fighter' did a better and more powerful role as a female lead.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 07:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I sooo wanted Helena Bonham-Carter to finally take home an Oscar for "The King's Speech." She was fantastic. Bale was destined to take the best supporting, in fact, both actor and actress award stayed the same since the SAG awards. I assume Inception got cinematography and special effects, all those technical ones.

I wanted to see mila kunis get best supporting actress...

and obviously many of you haven't seen The King's Speech, judging by the haters. It was an awesome movie.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 07:49 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

King's Speech is fantastic. Not so sure about Carter's role, while not terrible in the least, she really wasn't a stand-out. Than again, she could have just been that over-shadowed by the other two.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 07:53 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the oscars last night as i do each year.. saw just about all the films which were nominated...

glad for bale and firth.. leo has come a long way since homicide: life on the street

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 08:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

portman was brilliant in the black swan. deserved her award

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 08:03 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The Social Network should've won.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 11:47 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote