Blood Ravens(dawn of war) vs Run the Xeno purging Guanlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phanteros
I'm pretty sure the Blood Ravens are allowed as they are game only chapter.

Rules: They are lead by Gabriel and he start with 25 Spacemarines(with random weapons and force commanders backing them) and 25 assault Marines, making a total of 51 marines. He replenish his forces after every fight. If he has trouble, a fully equipped Force Commander Merrick can aid him.

1. 100 random Necromorphs
2. 150 Flood(grave mind is in play)
3. 170 random space pirates(Metroid)
4. 150 random Zerg
5. OMG A BOSS Battle: They fight a normal Ridley
6. OMG ANOTHER BOSS: They fight the queen of Blades.
7. 1000 Space Pirates

NemeBro
Queen of Blades?

Like from Fable?

RE: Blaxican
No, a better game.

He's talking about Kerrigan, from Starcraft.

FinalAnswer
If they get metal bawkses, they stomp.

Also, needs moar Boreale.

NemeBro
But.

Starcraft is garbage.

So's your Mom's face.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
If they get metal bawkses, they stomp.

Also, needs moar Boreale. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The Scenario
Certain Space Pirates have armor that missiles literally bounce off of, and others with ablative plasma resistant armor. Some are vulnerable only to electrical, ice, or plasma weapons. Most of them carry EMP grenades specifically for use against Power Armor. Then there are the Pirate Elites that absorb energy weapons and cause energy shockwaves by hitting the ground and tend to punch through forcefields.

Assuming the Space Pirates get Hypermode, the Space Marines stop at 3. If not, the Marines stop at 7. I don't think Ridley can stop them.

ScreamPaste
Excluding Space Pirates, it looks to me like the Blood Ravens otherwise stomp. mmm I don't know enough about how Space Pirate weaponry and armour would interact with Astartes weapons and armour to make a call there.

Dawn of War space marines are significantly weaker than their canon versions. I see every fight being a crapshoot up until Kerrigan, as they have no idea how to deal with her cloaking, nor her special abilities.

ScreamPaste
Not sure where you got that idea, since the Blood Ravens have a cameo in the 5th ed Space Marine codex. Other than the pirates, being Space Marines, they're roflstomping everything but space pirates who I don't know enough about to debate. Kerrigan? Librarian her. no expression Psychic hood, thermal vision, auspex scanners, whatever. Shoot her, win.

The Scenario
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Pirate_Trooper#Assault_Pirate_Trooper

lol, bunch of them are actually a little vulnerable to explosives.

But then there's these guys:

The Assault Pirate Troopers are some of the best the pirate military has to offer. They are heavily armored and are resistant to most attacks. Their unique armor will deflect all Missile fire, but is still damaged by Beam attacks. Basic armament includes an assault rifle and energy scythe, both powered by Phazon. EMP grenades are often employed against power-armored foes. A new Dash Jet system provides increased mobility.

Assault Shield Troopers are heavily armored and resistant to most weapon systems. Their unique armor will deflect Missile attacks, but not Beam fire. In addition to their armor, they wield a portable battle shield. Their battle shield provides protection against all standard weapon fire, but can be easily torn off. Phazon-based weapons are capable of destroying the shield.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Not sure where you got that idea, since the Blood Ravens have a cameo in the 5th ed Space Marine codex. Other than the pirates, being Space Marines, they're roflstomping everything but space pirates who I don't know enough about to debate. Kerrigan? Librarian her. no expression Psychic hood, thermal vision, auspex scanners, whatever. Shoot her, win. Them having a cameo in the WH40K verse means that they're canon to the universe. It doesn't mean that the universe is canon to the games. There were no mentions of many of the things you just listed. In the actual game, the Lictor was terrorizing the FC and his squads until they thought of destroying the bushes it was using to hide from them in. Obviously, if bushes and chameleon camouflage is enough to throw them off, Kerrigan's cloak will be almost match breaking. Aside from that, I don't know where you get this idea that any old librarian or psycker can pose even a minute threat to her. She's stronger than your average librarian even taking the WH40K universe itself into account.

That aside, her psionic storm ability has almost the same range as a siege tank. ermm Combining that with cloak, she could literally one-shot half the army from so far out they wouldn't even be aware of her presense.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Them having a cameo in the WH40K verse means that they're canon to the universe. It doesn't mean that the universe is canon to the games. There were no mentions of many of the things you just listed. In the actual game, the Lictor was terrorizing the FC and his squads until they thought of destroying the bushes it was using to hide from them in. Obviously, if bushes and chameleon camouflage is enough to throw them off, Kerrigan's cloak will be almost match breaking. Aside from that, I don't know where you get this idea that any old librarian or psycker can pose even a minute threat to her. She's stronger than your average librarian even taking the WH40K universe itself into account.

That aside, her psionic storm ability has almost the same range as a siege tank. ermm Combining that with cloak, she could literally one-shot half the army from so far out they wouldn't even be aware of her presense.
You can't have one without the other.

Comparing Kerrigan to a Lictor is kind of hardcore. no expression In Lore Lictors do things like assassinating Warbosses, pulling apart Space Marine squads, ect. While DoW doesn't do a good job of representing the universe at work, being abused by a Lictor isn't exactly going to allow Kerrigan a win. Especially not against a full chapter.

Feats making her stronger than the average librarian? I have seen none. Without some very good feats a psychic hood will nullify her entirely.

This last part is gameplay mechanics, can you show in a canon instance the range of her psionic storm? Can you prove it can even damage ceramite power armour which is especially resistant to energy attacks anyway? I doubt that you can. no expression The Force Commander alone takes Kerrigan down.

You can't have one without the other.

In the video game vs. you do. The game always takes preference over non-game material when there's contradictions, and Dawn of War is not canon to the WH40K universe anyway.

You're missing the point. The reason why, in Dawn of War 2, the Lictor was terrorizing the chapter and the Imperial Guard, was because it was using camouflage and hiding in bushes. Once the Force Commander destroyed all the bushes in the arena, they killed the Lictor easily.

The point is that if hiding in a bush is enough to throw off the Blood Ravens, a full on cloaking field will be unbeatable. The second point is that if the Blood Ravens had access to thermal vision and super sensors, they wouldn't have been getting constantly blind sided by the Lictor in the first place.

She's not fighting a full chapter. Read the OP. There is no Librarian either.

I have not seen any feats from a Blood Raven Librarian that is superior to what Kerrigan has done. In addition, there are no librarians in this fight. Read the OP.

Prove it.

Heaven_or_Hell
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I have not seen any313

ScreamPaste
Except Lictors regularly foil such countermeasures in lore. erm Comparing Kerrigan to a Lictor when she's not demonstrated the same abilities as one is ... a Bad comparison.

The bushes thing is kind of a ridiculous example, though, I blame Relic for that.

Not sure how I missed that. mmm

Are you assuming BR Librarians are the worst Librarians of any chapter that actually has them? mmm

Prove what? That having slightly less than "range 13" is a gameplay mechanic? Proof is in teh puddin', sir.

How about you prove her psionic storm has any significant range at all? Or that she even still has it in SC2? It seems to have been replaced with a less "copy pasted" ability. erm Her TK isn't strong enough to hold Zeratul, why would her storm, if she still has it, damage a space marine in armour?

Heaven_or_Hell
Edit

]Except Lictors regularly foil such countermeasures in lore. erm

Lore that is not canon to the games. There's no mention what-so-ever of the Lictor foiling thermal optics and sensor arrays.

You should. It's their universe. Like I said, pretty much everything is toned down in the DoW verse.

I'm pointing out that not all Librarians and Psyckers possess the same level of power. Different Librarians have different aptitudes and different power sets. The idea that all Librarians are as powerful as the God Emperor would be fallacious.

Prove that the range of the ability as displayed in the game is not canon.

ScreamPaste
So, your argument summed up is:

"Ignore 40k lore, use Kerrigan's gameplay, assume she can penetrate even toned down ceramite.", I could be off, but you seem awfully dismissive of the lore while supporting Kerrigan having similar range to a seige tank.

...We don't even know what seige tank range is. A Bolter could be a longer range weapon.

Show me where 40k lore isn't canon to the games? That seems backwards, I can see DoW not being canon to 40k, much like Dissidia's not canon to FF, but how could 40k, the thing it's based on, not be canon to DoW, or FF not be canon to Dissidia?

Claiming that without reasoning is... Headache inducing.

We have nothing to go on for Kerrigan's abilities other than a single cutscene where Zeratul nearly kills her, I'd honestly put money on a lone marine over her as the psionic storm she probably doesn't have as of SC2 doesn't seem at all like it could penetrate ceramite and we have a cutscene at the beginning of DoW2 whereign the Force Commander tanks something similar from a Farseer.

FinalAnswer
psionic storm she probably doesn't have as of SC2

y?

ScreamPaste
y? Have /you/ seen Kerrigan display any Protoss abilities in SC2?

FinalAnswer
Have /you/ seen Kerrigan display any Protoss abilities in SC2?

No, y would she lose powers for no logical reason?

Also, I c wut ur doin

ScreamPaste
Not saying she "lost" any powers, just that psionic storm was probably a copy/paste placeholder she never once uses in SC2, it seems to have been replaced by a more unique, non-protoss, set of abilities.

FinalAnswer
Not saying she "lost" any powers, just that psionic storm was probably a copy/paste placeholder she never once uses in SC2, it seems to have been replaced by a more unique, non-protoss, set of abilities.

Like her battleship busting TK? 313

ScreamPaste
The same TK that can't hold a single Dark Templar? erm

FinalAnswer
The same TK that can't hold a single Dark Templar? erm

A Dark Templar she is blatantly toying with?

ScreamPaste
A Dark Templar she is blatantly toying with?
Who escaped her hold and to her surprise nearly killed her?

She came very close to losing her head.

FinalAnswer
Who escaped her hold and to her surprise nearly killed her?

She came very close to losing her head.

That......doesn't take away the fact she was toying with him. no expression

Also, prove her losing her head would kill her 131

ScreamPaste
That......doesn't take away the fact she was toying with him. no expression

Also, prove her losing her head would kill her 131 So she is strong enough to destroy a ship with TK, but can't hold onto Zeratul well enough to keep him from killing her? What, is she afraid he'll bruise? erm

FinalAnswer
So she is strong enough to destroy a ship with TK, but can't hold onto Zeratul well enough to keep him from killing her? What, is she afraid he'll bruise? erm

She's toying with him.

Like I'm toying with you.

ScreamPaste
/Eyeroll, concession accepted, boyo. 131

FinalAnswer
Gai, I didn't even have a point in the first place 313

So, your argument summed up is:

"Ignore 40k lore, use Kerrigan's gameplay, assume she can penetrate even toned down ceramite.", I could be off, but you seem awfully dismissive of the lore while supporting Kerrigan having similar range to a seige tank.

This is because the aspect of the lore that you're referencing is never mentioned nor utilized in any of the DoW games, and in fact if it had existed than certain aspects of the storyline wouldn't have happened.

Could be, but that doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

Aspects such as the Gray Knights being apart of the Blood Ravens, things such trees and rocks being used as cover against bolters (which, according to you wouldn't fly in the WH verse), the Lictor using bushes to fake out the space marines and the Imperial Guard, 6 squads of four marines being able to destroy an entire splinter hive fleet, etc. Relic throws WH lore into the game to make it authentic, but they pick and choose what goes into it at their discretion for the sake of their story.

I don't know what you're referring to here.

1. I have no idea why you keep mentioning her and Zeratul's fight as if it means something. Zeratul is the protoss' leader and is the most powerful Protoss we have seen so far and is relatively featless, therefore what happens in that fight is irrelevant. 2. I don't know what you mean when you say there's nothing to go on, considering we quite clearly see when we control her what abilities she has.

Prove this, please.

Considering that that shock technique instantly killed two space marines, I'd argue that that's probably not true.

mechagoomba
Farseers toss battle tanks and shit though dawg, and there lightning abilityz can destroy tanks. (in the table top anyway :3)

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by mechagoomba
Farseers toss battle tanks and shit though dawg, and there lightning abilityz can destroy tanks. (in the table top anyway :3)

From what I recall, Psi Storm was quite capable of destroying tanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.