Captain Atom and Major Force vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3240/127339-111692-captain-atom.gif http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35011/995302-majorforce.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/28018/1075735-thor__002__01_.png

JakeTheBank
Team should win, but Captain Atom is handled weird by DC at times. Sometimes they treat him as a High Herald on par with Superman (or at least a decent threat to him) and other times he gets jobbed out. I believe that Atom recently showed the ability to re-channel and absorb magical energy in his Action Comics back up back when Nightwing and Flamebird were on the title, so that's a plus for him.

Major Force is pretty much a dumbass, but he's powerful enough to be a problem.

Galan007
CA definitely has the power to tool Thor like a weak feeb, but only IF he's in his 'Monarch-ish' frame of mind. Sans that, Thor would likely come out on top more times than not -- Monarch aside, rarely ever does DC opt to do anything of note with CA.
sad

MF could also be potentially problematic for Thor -- he has hung with the likes of Kyle/Superman/Hal, after all. Sadly though, he also gets frequently pwned by the mighty pens of DC staff.
sad

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
CA definitely has the power to tool Thor like a weak feeb, but only IF he's in his 'Monarch-ish' frame of mind. Sans that, Thor would likely come out on top more times than not -- Monarch aside, rarely ever does DC opt to do anything of note with CA.
sad

MF could also be potentially problematic for Thor -- he has hung with the likes of Kyle/Superman/Hal, after all. Sadly though, he also gets frequently pwned by the mighty pens of DC staff.
sad

Any good websites/respect threads to read up on their powers/abilities? I find it hard to believe two guys that look that badass are jobbed out so frequently big grin

Galan007
CA has a good respect thread here. MF doesn't.

Starscream M
CA has a good respect thread here. MF doesn't. so what's your take on this thread?

TricksterPriest
Force is also a massive dick who stuffed Kyle's girl into a fridge. sad Hell, he kills his own teammates.

and Galan is correct. If CA stops dicking around and really goes all out.....well, then you get Monarch.

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
so what's your take on this thread? If all parties are fighting in character, I'd go with Thor for the majority.

Starscream M
If all parties are fighting in character, I'd go with Thor for the majority. even though it is two against one?

Galan007
Originally posted by Starscream M
even though it is two against one? Most likely.

Like I said before, these two are watered down so drastically that it's ridiculous.

batdude123
Team.

SuperMan103
team should win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

dmills
Team

Slaanesh
team

Silent Master
If everyone fights in character, Thor.

leonidas
thor. never found MF to be all that great--i'd love to hear reasons why he should be seen above high meta (i'd take ironman over him, for instance). atom has some good stuff but is pretty inconsistent. couldn't thor pretty easily rupture his suit? mjollnir would let him deal with the release of energy afterward as well. meh, maybe i'm off-base, but i think thor definitely takes it more often than not.

psycho gundam
major force sucks balls

Galan007
^ Pretty much. Granted MF does have a few good showings, but they definitely aren't enough to outweigh his plethora of low/mediocre showings.

Imo, Thor could simply use Mjolnir to absorb him (similar to what Monarch did during BFB.)

Newjak
Yeah I would think Thor's energy absorption would be a real problem for CA.

BattleMage
Thor

Mindset
Kyle easily owned MF once he stopped being scared.

I can't remember if he had some kind of powerup at the time, though.

batdude123
Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah I would think Thor's energy absorption would be a real problem for CA.

Yeah, I mean Atom can't do that.

Newjak
Originally posted by batdude123
Yeah, I mean Atom can't do that. Yeah but one is made out of and their primary powers consist of energy vs a God that doesn't have to rely on said energy powers.

I wonder which one would be fighting the more uphill battle there. stick out tongue

batdude123
Yeah but one is made out of and their primary powers consist of energy vs a God that doesn't have to rely on said energy powers.

I wonder which one would be fighting the more uphill battle there. stick out tongue

Atom doesn't have to "rely" on energy blasts either.

Considering Thor is fighting two of them, I'd say he's fighting the more "uphill battle" here.

Newjak
Atom doesn't have to "rely" on energy blasts either.

Considering Thor is fighting two of them, I'd say he's fighting the more "uphill battle" here. Did I mention MF no. I mentioned that Thor's energy absorption powers could prove bad for CA considering one is more adapt at fighting H2H then the other and CA's big card is generally energy based powers.

Plus I'm not hearing good things from MF in this thread stick out tongue

batdude123
Did I mention MF no. I mentioned that Thor's energy absorption powers could prove bad for CA considering one is more adapt at fighting H2H then the other and CA's big card is generally energy based powers.

Plus I'm not hearing good things from MF in this thread stick out tongue

You're not going to see me say either one of these two would beat Thor by themselves.

Hell, I had a battlezone match where I represented Thor against Captain Atom.

Newjak
You're not going to see me say either one of these two would beat Thor by themselves.

Hell, I had a battlezone match where I represented Thor against Captain Atom. I know you did.

And did you notice I didn't say who would win. I just said I think Thor's energy Absorption powers could prove difficult for CA to overcome. Which I meant. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.