Thor vs Silver Surfer (movie versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/thor-movie-review.jpg
VS
http://s3.media.squarespace.com/production/465215/5338238/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/silver-surfer.jpg

Fight takes place in New York City.

rotiart
Surfer was defeated only by reeds inhibitor tech which Thor doesn't have...

Doom surfer was fighting combined ff4 and at best only getting slowed down ... In fact he to me appeared fine at least until his tech failed that gave him the surfer powers... Then he was fubared...

Basically surfer wins

theyre both shit and so were those films.

now this looks like a decent film

frcCCHb9LHc&feature=related

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
theyre both shit and so were those films.

now this looks like a decent film

frcCCHb9LHc&feature=related

Sure, if you don't mind them messing with X-Men lore.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Sure, if you don't mind them messing with X-Men lore. I dont, actually. this looks fresh and comitted to the spirit, if not to the script, of first class and x-men classic and I'm thanking god we get to see less overexposed characters (instead of more wolverine/jean/cyclops) and the backstories of chuck and mags.

playa1258
Thor wins

quanchi112
Thor definitely wins.

chomperx9
Thor throws Mjolnir at Surfer knocking him off the Board, and no Board = no powers

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer's phasing would be annoying if used effectively but that's about it imo. Not sure if Thor could tank that Galactus destroying blast when he sacrificed himself but anything short of that and I'd wager Thor would walk through it. He took a huge explosion unharmed in the end. If nothing else, he could use Mjolnir defensively. Thor would destroy Surfer if he got up close though. Being depowered without the board is a huge liability.

All in all, Thor wins comfortably imo. Just like in the comics.

the ninjak
Originally posted by chomperx9
Thor throws Mjolnir at Surfer knocking him off the Board, and no Board = no powers

You've made me proud with this post Chomps.

Igniz
Thor

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer's phasing would be annoying if used effectively but that's about it imo. Not sure if Thor could tank that Galactus destroying blast when he sacrificed himself but anything short of that and I'd wager Thor would walk through it. He took a huge explosion unharmed in the end. If nothing else, he could use Mjolnir defensively. Thor would destroy Surfer if he got up close though. Being depowered without the board is a huge liability.

All in all, Thor wins comfortably imo. Just like in the comics. Arrogant again I see but in comics we will see soon enough. If you're wrong I'll hound you for the rest of your asgardian life.

psycho gundam
seems like a stalemate to me. neither seemed to indicate they could defeat each other while empowered, nor can they de-power each other

speed functionally equal, thor with more offensive power, and surfer more defensive power.

BullwinkleMoose
Movie Surfer should win considering he was strong enough to either Repel/Destroy Galactus at the end of the movie. Thor's best movie feat is defeating the Destroyer.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by chomperx9

Or Surfer sends Thor's hammer into his board like he did those missiles

playa1258
Thor beats Surfer, just like in the comics

Newjak
Originally posted by rotiart
Surfer was defeated only by reeds inhibitor tech which Thor doesn't have...

Doom surfer was fighting combined ff4 and at best only getting slowed down ... In fact he to me appeared fine at least until his tech failed that gave him the surfer powers... Then he was fubared...

Basically surfer wins Truth be told Thor I think would have destroyed the FF4 rather easily from what I saw.

I think Thor wins.

Originally posted by Newjak
Truth be told Thor I think would have destroyed the FF4 rather easily from what I saw.

I think Thor wins. well... so would SS really.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Arrogant again I see but in comics we will see soon enough. If you're wrong I'll hound you for the rest of your asgardian life.

The only thing I can say t this is big grin ... can't wait to see it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Arrogant again I see but in comics we will see soon enough. If you're wrong I'll hound you for the rest of your asgardian life.

Even Fraction can't be that stupid. After all the bullshit I've put up with for the last few months, Thor better come off looking as the superior. Otherwise, I'm going to hunt him down.

You need to lose the crush. It's cute but kind of creepy.

Newjak
Originally posted by 753
well... so would SS really. True but I only mentioned because they made it seem like that was an indicator why Thor would lose which I don't see it as.

Zack Fair
True. Movie FF are weak sauce. Almost as bad as movie X-men. Thor/Surfer could probably solo both teams.

psycho gundam
unless thor got mindraped

McNasty996
I'm going with surfer I could see him absorbing the
hammer into his board and just blast Thor while flying
around

Black bolt z
Surfer in both movie and comic versions.

MetalIsDead
Thor wins imo, after a brutal fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.