KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Silver Surfer (movie versions)

Thor vs Silver Surfer (movie versions)
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Thor vs Silver Surfer (movie versions)

(please log in to view the image)
VS
(please log in to view the image)

Fight takes place in New York City.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 5th, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2011 11:26 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Surfer was defeated only by reeds inhibitor tech which Thor doesn't have...

Doom surfer was fighting combined ff4 and at best only getting slowed down ... In fact he to me appeared fine at least until his tech failed that gave him the surfer powers... Then he was fubared...

Basically surfer wins

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post May 6th, 2011 12:02 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

theyre both shit and so were those films.

now this looks like a decent film

Old Post May 6th, 2011 02:38 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 753
theyre both shit and so were those films.

now this looks like a decent film

Sure, if you don't mind them messing with X-Men lore.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 6th, 2011 02:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by -Pr-
Sure, if you don't mind them messing with X-Men lore.
I dont, actually. this looks fresh and comitted to the spirit, if not to the script, of first class and x-men classic and I'm thanking god we get to see less overexposed characters (instead of more wolverine/jean/cyclops) and the backstories of chuck and mags.

Last edited by 753 on May 6th, 2011 at 02:47 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2011 02:45 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor wins

Old Post May 6th, 2011 03:43 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor definitely wins.

Old Post May 6th, 2011 06:49 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor throws Mjolnir at Surfer knocking him off the Board, and no Board = no powers

Old Post May 6th, 2011 06:55 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Surfer's phasing would be annoying if used effectively but that's about it imo. Not sure if Thor could tank that Galactus destroying blast when he sacrificed himself but anything short of that and I'd wager Thor would walk through it. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He took a huge explosion unharmed in the end. If nothing else, he could use Mjolnir defensively. Thor would destroy Surfer if he got up close though. Being depowered without the board is a huge liability.

All in all, Thor wins comfortably imo. Just like in the comics.

Old Post May 6th, 2011 10:57 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by chomperx9
Thor throws Mjolnir at Surfer knocking him off the Board, and no Board = no powers

You've made me proud with this post Chomps.

Old Post May 6th, 2011 11:21 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Thor

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post May 7th, 2011 02:51 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Surfer's phasing would be annoying if used effectively but that's about it imo. Not sure if Thor could tank that Galactus destroying blast when he sacrificed himself but anything short of that and I'd wager Thor would walk through it. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He took a huge explosion unharmed in the end. If nothing else, he could use Mjolnir defensively. Thor would destroy Surfer if he got up close though. Being depowered without the board is a huge liability.

All in all, Thor wins comfortably imo. Just like in the comics.
Arrogant again I see but in comics we will see soon enough. If you're wrong I'll hound you for the rest of your asgardian life.

Old Post May 7th, 2011 05:33 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

seems like a stalemate to me. neither seemed to indicate they could defeat each other while empowered, nor can they de-power each other

speed functionally equal, thor with more offensive power, and surfer more defensive power.

Old Post May 7th, 2011 06:33 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BullwinkleMoose

Movie Surfer should win considering he was strong enough to either Repel/Destroy Galactus at the end of the movie. Thor's best movie feat is defeating the Destroyer.

Old Post May 7th, 2011 08:03 AM
BullwinkleMoose is currently offline Click here to Send BullwinkleMoose a Private Message Find more posts by BullwinkleMoose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by chomperx9

Or Surfer sends Thor's hammer into his board like he did those missiles

Old Post May 7th, 2011 09:44 AM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor beats Surfer, just like in the comics

Old Post May 7th, 2011 04:17 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by rotiart
Surfer was defeated only by reeds inhibitor tech which Thor doesn't have...

Doom surfer was fighting combined ff4 and at best only getting slowed down ... In fact he to me appeared fine at least until his tech failed that gave him the surfer powers... Then he was fubared...

Basically surfer wins
Truth be told Thor I think would have destroyed the FF4 rather easily from what I saw.

I think Thor wins.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 7th, 2011 09:14 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Newjak
Truth be told Thor I think would have destroyed the FF4 rather easily from what I saw.

I think Thor wins.
well... so would SS really.

Old Post May 7th, 2011 09:18 PM
carver9

Originally posted by quanchi112
Arrogant again I see but in comics we will see soon enough. If you're wrong I'll hound you for the rest of your asgardian life.

The only thing I can say t this is big grin ... can't wait to see it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 7th, 2011 09:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by quanchi112

Even Fraction can't be that stupid. After all the bullshit I've put up with for the last few months, Thor better come off looking as the superior. Otherwise, I'm going to hunt him down.

You need to lose the crush. It's cute but kind of creepy.

Old Post May 7th, 2011 09:25 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote