Pokemon vs Mortal Kombat!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MooCowofJustice
Because the last Mortal Kombat thread went so well.

Sticking to games canon for all characters. No manga, movies or whatnot.

No soul stealing, time stopping, and booger flicking. Because that's just nasty.

Pokemans get full access to movepools and the abilities I give them. I won't restrict feats for MK to a single game, provided the times they take place in do not contradict the series' regular continuity.

Round 1

for Mortal Kombat:

Sub Zero
Johnny Cage
Shang Tsung
Goro (that thing with four arms, think that's it's name)
Scorpion
Shao Khan
Jaxx
Liu Kang
Raiden

for Pokemon:

Machamp (No Guard)
Golurk (Iron Fist)
Pidgeot (Keen Eye)
Gigalith (Sturdy)
Beheeyem (Telepathy)
Zoroark
Blastoise (Torrent)
Exploud (Soundproof)
Charizard (Blaze)

Round 2: (All are fully healed at the end of round 1)

Same teams as above, but Regigigas joins the Pokemon team (without Slow Start), and Kratos joins the MK team with his Blades of Chaos only (also excludes Hope).

Demonic Phoenix
Shao Kahn, Raiden and Shang Tsung amp Kratos up, who proceeds to solo. Scratch that, Kratos soloes normally.
vin

~ You need to specify which timeline for MK. Current timeline retcons mostly everything that happened past MK1, and only goes up to the end of MK3.
Original timeline would be more suitable, though with few exceptions, abilities for characters in both timelines should more or less be the same for MK1-MK3.

MooCowofJustice
Go with the original timeline then, I guess. erm

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Stopped reading.

NemeBro
Haha what?

Machamp would solo the entire team until Kratos gets added.

Kratos being added basically amounts to Kratos vs. Regigigas, no one else matters.

RE: Blaxican
Pokemon can't kill, so MK easily. 313

NemeBro
THAT CUBONE'S MOTHER WOULD BEG TO ****ING DIFFER.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by NemeBro
Haha what?

Machamp would solo the entire team until Kratos gets added.

Kratos being added basically amounts to Kratos vs. Regigigas, no one else matters.
I've got no objections to that then. smile

MooCowofJustice
Actually I did that 'cause I was originally gonna put in Dialga. But then I was like "What do I needa do that for?"

TheAuraAngel
This thread is lame.

THAT CUBONE'S MOTHER WOULD BEG TO ****ING DIFFER.

Did Cubone's Mother ever kill anything? :O

RE: Blaxican
Ash killed Gary's Cubone.

NemeBro
She was killed.

O:

Mewtwo also killed in the games.

Ridley_Prime
Actually I did that 'cause I was originally gonna put in Dialga. But then I was like "What do I needa do that for?"
Even if you did include/allow time freezing, the only one from MK who can do that is Taven, who isn't on the team, and even if he was, his time-manipulating powers wouldn't really compare to Dialga's, unless perhaps they increased tremendously from going from half-god to full god.

Prohibiting soul stealing for the thread was unnecessary, though.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
This thread is lame.
Indeed.

TheAuraAngel
She was killed.

O:

Mewtwo also killed in the games.

That doesn't mean Pokemon can kill things. She was killed by Team Rocket, who might have just used them there whips. I always assumed so anyway.

Really? I did not know that. :O

But yeah, the idea that Pokemon are incapable of killing things is silly.

NemeBro
Shut up Aura.

TheAuraAngel
I accept your love.

GrieverSquall
Mortal Kombat wins.

Flawless Victory.

TheAuraAngel
Nah.

And when Regigigas gets in here? Shit. Will be an awful stomp.

NemeBro
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
Mortal Kombat wins.

Flawless Victory. Machamp can throw 500 punches in a second, each one capable of sending a train flying, and can push a mountain with one arm.

Now how does Mortal Kombat fight this?

GrieverSquall
Machamp can throw 500 punches in a second, each one capable of sending a train flying, and can push a mountain with one arm.

Vid?

NemeBro
Is from the Pokedex.

Zack Fair

Sticking to games canon for all characters. No manga, movies or whatnot.

No soul stealing, time stopping, and booger flicking. Because that's just nasty.

Pokemans get full access to movepools and the abilities I give them. I won't restrict feats for MK to a single game, provided the times they take place in do not contradict the series' regular continuity.

Round 1

for Mortal Kombat:

Sub Zero
Johnny Cage
Shang Tsung
Goro (that thing with four arms, think that's it's name)
Scorpion
Shao Khan
Jaxx
Liu Kang
Raiden

for Pokemon:

Machamp (No Guard)
Golurk (Iron Fist)
Pidgeot (Keen Eye)
Gigalith (Sturdy)
Beheeyem (Telepathy)
Zoroark
Blastoise (Torrent)
Exploud (Soundproof)
Charizard (Blaze)

Round 2: (All are fully healed at the end of round 1)

Same teams as above, but Regigigas joins the Pokemon team (without Slow Start), and Kratos joins the MK team with his Blades of Chaos only (also excludes Hope).

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/simpsons/choke.gif

Ridley_Prime
Nah.

And when Regigigas gets in here? Shit. Will be an awful stomp.
You're saying that as if Kratos weren't a part of the equation.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/simpsons/choke.gif
For all time.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
You're saying that as if Kratos weren't a part of the equation.

For all time.

Well this is a crossover after all so I assume his feats don't amount to a hill of beans. :O

Ridley_Prime
Kratos would utterly destroy Regigigas though. No ifs, ands, or buts. So no, not a complete awful stomp on Pokemon's part.

TheAuraAngel
It's a cross over though. Yeah, GOW Kratos would stomp the Pokemon with no problem, but I'm assuming this is MK9 Kratos. :O

Ridley_Prime
MK9 isn't a crossover (for crossovers, see Mortal Kombat vs DC, Marvel vs Capcom, etc.), and Kratos had nothing to do with MK9's actual story; just had a guest appearance, so there is no "MK9 Kratos" here that separates him from the regular GOW Kratos...

GrieverSquall
Is from the Pokedex.

And when Machamp has done it in the games?

NemeBro
Kratos would utterly destroy Regigigas though. No ifs, ands, or buts. So no, not a complete awful stomp on Pokemon's part. You sure? no expression

Since being able to tow a continent, you know, like Regigigas can, does kind of make the strength distance not there or not that great.

And Griever, the Pokedex is in the games.

GrieverSquall
I know but there are no videos of such feats, no videos from the game, no script/character stating that Machamp has done such at some point in the story. Not even an event describing it nor a picture/official art featuring it. Nothing. Just an inconsistent Pokedex entry which most of the time don't make any sense. I'm not buying this.

Not to mention Pokemon is overrated as hell and Mortal Kombat as well as Kratos are being underrated.

TheAuraAngel
MK9 isn't a crossover (for crossovers, see Mortal Kombat vs DC, Marvel vs Capcom, etc.), and Kratos had nothing to do with MK9's actual story; just had a guest appearance, so there is no "MK9 Kratos" here that separates him from the regular GOW Kratos...

Well I suppose he can count then. I don't really care either way. stick out tongue

I know but there are no videos of such feats, no videos from the game, no script/character stating that Machamp has done such at some point in the story. Not even an event describing it nor a picture/official art featuring it. Nothing. Just an inconsistent Pokedex entry which most of the time don't make any sense. I'm not buying this.

Not to mention Pokemon is overrated as hell and Mortal Kombat as well as Kratos are being underrated.

Discriminating against a game that doesn't have video? For shame.

Pokemon is overrated. They still win though. At least if Regigigas can take out Kratos. And surely one of them have hypnosis or something. Or Zoroark can use illusions. Whatevas.

Burning thought
Is the pokedex undeniable? afterall was it not made by people? human beings can be fallible, prone to exageration. I have never seen a machamp do 500 punches or move mountains, certainly not in any of the movies (then again, I dont recall seeing a machamp fight, if it did, well....I dont recall it launching mountains or 500 punches).

GrieverSquall
It depends if Regigigas can throw continents or if he has done it, otherwise we have the same problem as with Machamp. And I think Kratos and said Pokemon comes in the second round anyway... heh.

Ridley_Prime
You sure? no expression

Since being able to tow a continent, you know, like Regigigas can, does kind of make the strength distance not there or not that great.
Forgot that Regigigas could move a continent too admittedly. Was thinking only Groudon did for some reason, so point made I guess. And since Kratos can't use Hope in this thread, guess that makes it a bit harder for him even further. mmm

edit: As for Machamp, even with his super immense strength described by the pokedex, I feel it should be pointed out that he would still likely lose to someone from MK like Ermac, or have one of his body parts telekinetically ripped apart by him or somethin'. Ermac in MK9's story made Jax's original non-bionic arms explode with his TK by simply willing it, without even having to fight or weaken him. Machamp's pokemon type is weak against psychic/telekinetic powers too as I recall, which Ermac excels at with his TK feat I mentioned along with his others. Of course, Moo would forget or neglect to include one of the coolest characters from the series like him on the MK team, so Machamp wipes out most (if not all) the listed team by default since they don't have the kind of defense against him that the red psychic ninja does...

The Scenario
Regigigas's continent towing feat is part of the Creation Myth of the pokemon world, since basically all history is told that way. Arceus created the universe, Palkia expanded space, Dialga made time flow, and Giratina balances the world and its opposite. Then, Kyogre created the sea, Groudon created the land, and Rayquaza balances them. Regigigas towed continents into place and made the other three Regis. It's just what he does.

I guess you could say it's rather like the Greek gods in their stories. Atlas held up the world, Regigigas towed the continents to their current positions.

MooCowofJustice
The reason I only gave Kratos his Blades of Chaos is because I had assumed he was stronger than Regigigas. Didn't he resist Atlas or some shit?

Originally posted by Burning thought
Is the pokedex undeniable?

Yes.

afterall was it not made by people? human beings can be fallible, prone to exageration.

Nobody exaggerates in a scientific encyclopedia.

I have never seen a machamp do 500 punches or move mountains, certainly not in any of the movies (then again, I dont recall seeing a machamp fight, if it did, well....I dont recall it launching mountains or 500 punches).

And we all know how much of a problem you have with something you can't see.

It depends if Regigigas can throw continents or if he has done it, otherwise we have the same problem as with Machamp. And I think Kratos and said Pokemon comes in the second round anyway... heh.

Tows 'em in Pokedex.

NemeBro
Is the pokedex undeniable? afterall was it not made by people? human beings can be fallible, prone to exageration. I have never seen a machamp do 500 punches or move mountains, certainly not in any of the movies (then again, I dont recall seeing a machamp fight, if it did, well....I dont recall it launching mountains or 500 punches). It was made by human scientists as a scientific encyclopedia for Pokemon. It's not meant to exagerrate.

The anime/movies and the games are a separate canon.

I have never underrated Kratos Griever, I am one of his biggest supporters here.

Personally, I think he can probably take out Regigigas, and therefore the rest of the team of Pokemanz. But Mortal Kombat is a nonfactor.

Ridley_Prime
Nobody exaggerates in a scientific encyclopedia.
Some pokedex entries can arguably exaggerate though. Not saying Machamp's did, but like Charizard's for instance, by saying that his flames can melt any material. Doubt he could melt adamantium. no expression Or does he have feats that prove that he can?

NemeBro
Some pokedex entries can arguably exaggerate though. Not saying Machamp's did, but like Charizard's for instance, by saying that his flames can melt any material. Doubt he could melt adamantium. no expression Or does he have feats that prove that he can? A material that doesn't exist in his universe.

Try a little harder.

Burning thought
I think some of these statements are likely hyperbole like the one above. A scientist irl would not make a claim like that, they would be more likely to say "can melt most known metals", I think some of them are simply quick references to pokemon.

If Regigigas's towed continents then hes stronger than Kratos.

NemeBro
Only Kratos overpowered someone who held up the world.

Try harder.

Burning thought
When did Atlas hold up the world and when did Kratos overpower his full strength/weight?

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, see, Kratos would be physically stronger. I know what I'm doing sometimes.

So Regigigas is strong, but not as strong. His advantage would have to be projectile attacks.

NemeBro
When did Atlas hold up the world and when did Kratos overpower his full strength/weight? ...... What seriously? When did Atlas hold up the world?

no expression

It is his job, he does it all the time.

And I was not talking about Atlas, I was talking about Hercules, who was confirmed to have held up the world as he did in the myth.

Burning thought
I think your trying to claim the Atlas in GoW is doing exactly what he does in real world myth, GoW is only loosely based on mythology.

I dont recall it, is that in chains of Olympus? because if so I did not play that, can you show me this happening or actually point out that he held up the world as we know it?

Because Hercules showed the strength to pull up simply the ground in GoW 3, even Atlas himself in GoW 3 using a lot of strength to smash the ground with simply sent a large tremur of rock to strike Hades.

Simply put, there was no world strength shown in GoW 3. There must be some kind of reference in Chains of Olympus that gave hercules some sort of boost unless he is much weaker now than he was.

NemeBro
I think your trying to claim the Atlas in GoW is doing exactly what he does in real world myth, GoW is only loosely based on mythology.

I dont recall it, is that in chains of Olympus? because if so I did not play that, can you show me this happening or actually point out that he held up the world as we know it?

Because Hercules showed the strength to pull up simply the ground in GoW 3, even Atlas himself in GoW 3 using a lot of strength to smash the ground with simply sent a large tremur of rock to strike Hades.

Simply put, there was no world strength shown in GoW 3. There must be some kind of reference in Chains of Olympus that gave hercules some sort of boost unless he is much weaker now than he was. No. Atlas held up the SKY/UNIVERSE in Greek mythology, in GoW he holds the world up, separating it and Hades.

I never played it either, cannot find specific scenes.

Atlas was throwing mountains at Hades. no expression

No, Hercules in the canon comics was confirmed to do this, supporting the world.

Ridley_Prime
A material that doesn't exist in his universe.

Try a little harder.
Well it would've been more accurate for the pokedex to have said that his flames could melt most or all known materials, instead of just flat-out saying that it can do so to all materials, which can basically refer to anything, in or out of his universe.

MooCowofJustice
Use the 10,000 ton glacier for Zard instead.

Ridley_Prime
All right, that works.

Burning thought
No. Atlas held up the SKY/UNIVERSE in Greek mythology, in GoW he holds the world up, separating it and Hades.

I never played it either, cannot find specific scenes.

Atlas was throwing mountains at Hades. no expression

No, Hercules in the canon comics was confirmed to do this, supporting the world.

I heard sky as well.

Whatever he was throwing, it was not "world" smashing strength, more importantly Hercules just about pulled up the platforms in the GoW 3 fight, could not get up when it was on top of him (along with Kratos) and the forces they used despite showing how destructable the area is (being pulled apart by bare hands) did little to no damage during the cutscene clips, I think it took a lot of attacks before the ground Kratos and hercules were on crashed in.

I have not seen the comics nor do I know if their canon or not, can you show them?

TheAuraAngel
Only problem I have with the Pokedex is how the info is gathered. It still doesn't make any ****ing sense.

GrieverSquall

TheAuraAngel
Westwood is an anime creation. He did not create the Pokedex in game. Strike one.

GrieverSquall
Never said he created it.

TheAuraAngel
I distinctly remember him being stated to have created it in the anime. Then again, been a while.

Westwood does not exist in game. Moo specified we are not using any other medium besides the games. The Pokedex serves an entirely different purpose in the anime than in the games.

Strike two.

NemeBro
Haha the anime.

GrieverSquall
Professor Oak created the Pokedex. And even if Westwood hasn't been presented in the games, that does not make the entries accurate. In fact, Westwood is the only reference we've got concerning the entries. And they aren't accurate. Lol.

NemeBro
Professor Oak created the Pokedex. And even if Westwood hasn't been presented in the games, that does not make the entries accurate. In fact, Westwood is the only reference we've got concerning the entries. And they aren't accurate. Lol. Hahaha circular logic, "They are not accurate because they are not."

MooCowofJustice
I forget how it came along, but I used to think that the information was like Samus' bird magic scan visor. Apparently it was wrong, and the entries were pre written.

I just forget how I got there.

Tha C-Master

Not to mention Pokemon is overrated as hell and Mortal Kombat as well as Kratos are being underrated. Kratos underrated? He's cool but many do jump on him because of the "badass" thing.

TheAuraAngel
Professor Oak created the Pokedex. And even if Westwood hasn't been presented in the games, that does not make the entries accurate. In fact, Westwood is the only reference we've got concerning the entries. And they aren't accurate. Lol.

Proof they aren't accurate?

In game, the player catches the Pokemon and the Pokedex scientifically records their abilities. Only time this is not done is when the Pokedex references myths.

Are the entries exaggerated to us? Obviously. But you can't prove them wrong by saying they appear exaggerated.

Strike 2.5.

Zack Fair
You pokefreaks duriroll

Burning thought
Thats a negative, what proof is there that they are all accurate, or that even most of them are?

If their exaggerated then their not exactly fact. Just saying "their clearly correct/accurate because science did it!" does not make them undeniable.

GrieverSquall
Ditto.

Nemebro made the claim, thus he must back it up.

NemeBro
Thats a negative, what proof is there that they are all accurate, or that even most of them are?

If their exaggerated then their not exactly fact. Just saying "their clearly correct/accurate because science did it!" does not make them undeniable. So you have no basis in saying that are not accurate when all points to them being accurate?

Good to know.

GrieverSquall
So they are accurate because they are accurate? Circular logic?

NemeBro
You're not particularly bright are you?

They are accurate because a scientificially advanced community created and published them through vigorous study of the Pokemon, the Pokedex intended to be used as a scientific encyclopedia.

Just because I am a genius beyond compare, truly a paragon, an intellectual heavyweight, does not mean you can simply quote arguments I have used for any occasion.

TheAuraAngel
Because we all know the games must be wrong about things inside the game right? Ultimecia never destroyed the universe, the game was exaggerating right? :O

I have my own problems with the Pokedex but none of which I care to bring up. Mostly because they're minor problems.

NemeBro
You're fat.

XanatosForever
gay_rage Dark Khan solos 131

TheAuraAngel
You're fat.

6'1 and 152 pounds.

NemeBro
6'1 and 152 pounds. Nevermind.

You're a ****ing string-bean.

TheAuraAngel
Nevermind.

You're a ****ing string-bean.

I know right? I eat at least 2 whole pizzas every week and I don't get fat. :O

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by XanatosForever
gay_rage Dark Khan solos 131
Think I might've been waiting for that post somewhere in my deep, deep subconscious...
dur-rage

Burning thought
So you have no basis in saying that are not accurate when all points to them being accurate?

Good to know.

What points them to being accurate? so far we have some sort of hyperbole that Charizard can melt any material, that already displays a fallacy, hasty generalisation so either the science is not too bright or not well studied OR, the pokedex is simply a rough source for kids like Ash to pull out and get a brief idea on what hes looking at.

No matter the suggestion, theres still no reason to belive its not fallible.

They are accurate because a scientificially advanced community created and published them through vigorous study of the Pokemon

Proof for this please. Also a canon source on what a Pokedex is designed for would also be nice. Not all publications, even those from strong sources have no errors.

NemeBro
Oh shut the **** up BT.

Nephthys
I find it questionable how 'advanced' a society can be on the subject of pokemon when they discover about 150 new species every few years, lol.

Plus the pokedex has always bugged me. You're given them to record the data of new pokemon but the data entries are already written? Why are you recording them if they already know stuff about them? Is it just bragging rights? If thats not it, where do the entries come from? I iz confuse.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
I find it questionable how 'advanced' a society can be on the subject of pokemon when they discover about 150 new species every few years, lol.

Plus the pokedex has always bugged me. You're given them to record the data of new pokemon but the data entries are already written? Why are you recording them if they already know stuff about them? Is it just bragging rights? If thats not it, where do the entries come from? I iz confuse.

Well the new Pokemon are always on a new and different continent. Since Oak's Pokedex was only designed to record Pokemon from Kanto, any the Oak doesn't have a vague idea about wouldn't show up. Granted that brings up problems because Oak prepares for the possibility of long dead fossil Pokemon.

Here is what I've always assumed the Pokedex to be for. If you encounter a Pokemon it records simple data(obviously because you can't study it in depth.) When you catch a new Pokemon, one of your old ones evolve, or whatever, the Pokedex does an extensive analysis of said Pokemon which is where the entries come from.

This of course leads to one major problem I have with the Pokedex.

Nephthys
That can't be it because it mentions myths and shit sometimes rather than actual facts.

Which is....?

GrieverSquall
You're not particularly bright are you?

They are accurate because a scientificially advanced community created and published them through vigorous study of the Pokemon, the Pokedex intended to be used as a scientific encyclopedia.

Just because I am a genius beyond compare, truly a paragon, an intellectual heavyweight, does not mean you can simply quote arguments I have used for any occasion.

I'm jawsome.

That makes absolutely, guess what, no sense. And an irrelevant as well as baseless verbiage won't support your desired claim, I'm afraid to say. Prove Machamp can ACTUALLY perform such feats, or stfu (JK). But yes, prove it.

Westwood says otherwise. I quoted an statement from Bulbapedia, not from you, lol. And as far as Pokedex entries are concerned they has been stated to be inaccurate. Now you prove they aren't.

Pokedex is full of hyperbole, inconsistencies and shit.

TheGoldenSpy
Atlas in God of War seems to be keeping the crust of the planet on his shoulders. So He's stronger than his mythological counterpart as the weight of earths atmosphere would be less.

That was the whole point in the end fight in chains of Olympus. Kratos had to stop the pillar that was holding the crust from being destroyed or the entire planet would fall apart. And Since he resisted atlas himself, Hades who was physically restraining atlas and Cronos who was a bit bigger than atlas it's safe to say he is at the top of the strength chain.

TheAuraAngel
That can't be it because it mentions myths and shit sometimes rather than actual facts.

Which is....?

Well, you never catch a legendary Pokemon in the canon as far as I know. Always seemed more optional to catch 'em. Legendary Pokemon might just defy the science of the Pokemon world.

How the Pokedex comes up with some of the things it says.

Nephthys
Pokemon has canon?! :O

You mean like how it knows Machamp can punch 100 times a second just by scanning it? Magic, obviously.

Demonic Phoenix

Simply put, there was no world strength shown in GoW 3. There must be some kind of reference in Chains of Olympus that gave hercules some sort of boost unless he is much weaker now than he was.

Atlas isn't doing what he is Mythology, but he's doing what he's commonly depicted doing in Popular Culture, which is lifting up the Earth.
'Loosely based' is not entirely accurate, considering the characters themselves are quite close to their mythological counterparts, minor personality details excluded. Then there are character-related events like the Labours of Hercules (where he lifted the World, which he indirectly references by bringing up the Labour in which he lifted the World), Zeus trapping Typhon under Mount Etna (though Typhon is a Titan here), etc.
So yeah, GoW does deviate, but it has similarities, enough for us to say that it shares its details with Greek Myth, unless specified or shown to differentiate.

In CoO, Persephone plans to destroy the Pillar of the World (basically, a Giant Pillar that holds up the Earth, to prevent it from falling into the Underworld), and she uses Atlas to try and destroy it. Kratos chains Atlas directly under the Earth, & kills Persephone. Her death destroys the topmost part of the Pillar, leaving Atlas to lift up the Earth on his shoulders.

TheAuraAngel
Pokemon has canon?! :O

You mean like how it knows Machamp can punch 100 times a second just by scanning it? Magic, obviously.

Kinda. In the early games in particular, you don't have to catch legendaries. Even in later games, it seems like catching the physical embodiment of space is silly.

Well not so much that one. The Pokedex could have a counter on it to determine how quickly it punches and junk. It's mostly feats like chucking a freaking mountain! I mean, how the hell do you test that? Only way I can think of is by having Machamp throw a mountain. But physically changing the environment just to test the limits of it's strength is stupid.

MooCowofJustice
The Pokedex gathering information by scanning a Pokemon wouldn't be impossible. Pokeballs change states of matter, size, and open and close with a single button.

TheAuraAngel
How can you know something is strong enough to throw a mountain just by looking at it? No scientist would just state something like that. Scientists want to see physical proof of things before writing it in encyclopedias. Or at least convincing enough data.

MooCowofJustice
I was just making a point. And I don't really know how. It'd fall along the same lines as Samus' magical Scan Visor. It does it with BIRD MAGIC!

TheAuraAngel
Magic is fine but the Pokedex is supposed to be purely scientific. I'm not sure about Samus's suit but it might fall under the same category.

Demonic Phoenix
How can you know something is strong enough to throw a mountain just by looking at it? No scientist would just state something like that. Scientists want to see physical proof of things before writing it in encyclopedias. Or at least convincing enough data.

Pokemon scientists like theories. vin

Nephthys
Any suficiently advanced technology can be indistinquishable from magic.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Pokemon scientists like theories. vin

They aren't presenting them as theories. They're presenting them as facts. 313

I still don't know how it could examine something and be able to come up with something like mountain chucking.

Nephthys
Scan its muscle density etc?

ares834

thumb up

Clarke has the truth of it.

Demonic Phoenix
They aren't presenting them as theories. They're presenting them as facts. 313

Long long ago, the World being flat, and the Sun revolving around the World, were 'facts'. 131

Seriously though, how do they test the limits of a Pokemon? Weightlifting for strength? Would be kind of plausible.

Ban Mido
Pokemon win with...OH HELL KRATOS IS IN THIS?! THAT'S LIKE...THROWING THE LIVING TRIBUNAL IN THIS MATCH ;~;! THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE ARCEUS,DIALGA,PALKIA, AND GIRATINA..HECK THROW IN MEWTWO AND THE REST OF THE LEGENDARIES...THEY'LL ALL DIE :[!!! KRATOS KILLS GAWDS ;~;!!!!!!! WE NEED GARY OAK..

Seriously though that was kinda my reaction when I read the opening post...I feel pokemon can win the first rounds, but Kratos is too much...I thought it was like a war so I imagine the MK team dead and then the pokemon team all ganging up on Kratos but...ehhh..honestly idk....Kratos is a powerhouse and he has weapons so.....eh..:/...don't like the guy but I can't deny his strength

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Ban Mido
ARCEUS,DIALGA,PALKIA, AND GIRATINA..HECK THROW IN MEWTWO

Any of them would kill Kratos. Mewtwo with more difficulty than the others. And probably some other legendaries could kill him and I just don't want to recall which ones because that takes time.

Long long ago, the World being flat, and the Sun revolving around the World, were 'facts'. 131

Seriously though, how do they test the limits of a Pokemon? Weightlifting for strength? Would be kind of plausible.

This is a society that created a time machine so I'm pretty sure they're more scientific than humans were a while ago.

Idk? Nephthys said measuring muscle density but I'm not a scientist so I don't know if that would get an answer.

Burning thought
Atlas isn't doing what he is Mythology, but he's doing what he's commonly depicted doing in Popular Culture, which is lifting up the Earth.
'Loosely based' is not entirely accurate, considering the characters themselves are quite close to their mythological counterparts, minor personality details excluded. Then there are character-related events like the Labours of Hercules (where he lifted the World, which he indirectly references by bringing up the Labour in which he lifted the World), Zeus trapping Typhon under Mount Etna (though Typhon is a Titan here), etc.
So yeah, GoW does deviate, but it has similarities, enough for us to say that it shares its details with Greek Myth, unless specified or shown to differentiate.

In CoO, Persephone plans to destroy the Pillar of the World (basically, a Giant Pillar that holds up the Earth, to prevent it from falling into the Underworld), and she uses Atlas to try and destroy it. Kratos chains Atlas directly under the Earth, & kills Persephone. Her death destroys the topmost part of the Pillar, leaving Atlas to lift up the Earth on his shoulders.

Looking in the GoW wiki, was Atlas not holding the world up to seperate it from the underworld? It seems to me that, along with the world pillar before him he was just holding up what the Greeks conceptionally saw as the world, rather than an actual planet. Further, holding up the planet like that would have some impossible physical ramfications regardless of strength and Atlas' durability.

Is there a youtube vid showing the chaining of Atlas, and the fight in general? I want to see how this is achieved, it seems strength of a physcail nature and more the conceptual rules of GoW seem to be questioned here.

Further, how do you explain how weak Hercules seems? from not being able to push up the Olympus arena when Kratos puts it on him, not being able to push Kratos more than a few feet, even when he smashes his Cestus' again the two undead who brought it to him they just went through the air, hardly "planet lifting" strength.

TheGoldenSpy
Yes Atlas is holding up the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tfhYD4L-eA

Listen to the narrator at 2:33 and the full scale shot at 2:57. You can see him doing it. The reason why atlas wasn't in God Of War 3 was because the planet would fall apart without him

LOt's of things seem weak in God of war but they aren't. Kratos had trouble shoving a log out of the way in one scene but stops a charging leviathan that was man handling several titans by itself dead in it's tracks in the next scene. My best guess is that he has control over his strength and was just messing with those skeletons (which are stronger than most people aswell)

In The official novel Hercules took the burden of atlas and held up the planet. So that means he is strong enough to hold up a planet. Simple as that. And before anyone complains that the planet is flat or whatever, there are statues of atlas in the first game showing atlas holding up a SPHERICAL planet earth.

Burning thought
The planet should technically fall apart regardless of what hes doing assuming the GoW universe and greek mythology displayed perfect physics. It would crumble and shatter around him, also if he was holding up the planet, what is he standing on?

By the sounds of it your talking about gameplay mechanics, wheras the only hercules in-game showings put him at a few hundred tons at best in his cutscenes and show his limitations, I think your toying with what "the world" means to mythological greece and what a planet is physically to modern science. You would have to do better than have a statue of Atlas with a sphere on his back to suggest he has the strength to lift trillions upon trillions of tonnes.

Hercules is even more unlikely than Atlas, if Hercules exerted Sextillions of tons in his body the arena would not stand unharmed, or with nothing but a few piecies crumbling from it. Neither would the gate Kratos launched him into stay unharmed, infact any exertion from Hercules assuming Greek mythology has knowledge of real world masses of the earth would cause him to bury/collapse Olmypus (or fall through it) the moment he leapt down to meet Kratos in the arena wink

Further, Hercules does not even mension holding up the planet to Kratos when going through his adventures, he complains at how Kratos gets all the glory and how the Nemean lion is one of his few glorious actions, would you not think the pinnacle of strength would brag to Kratos about how he can lift up the planet?

Too many contradictions, assumptions and illogical beliefs would have to be made on the fans claiming the characters held the Earth as we know it on their shoulders with notihng but physical force.

NemeBro
Herp derp gameplay mechanics and flawed physics in a videogame herpderp.

TheGoldenSpy
Well then these aren't perfect physics then. These are badass physics. I'm sorry that the video game designers aren't physics scientist that took every single little detail into account. They took what people back then generally know about the subject and used it to tell an impossible story about greek mythology. Christ almighty.

If we were all as hard headed about this damn near no comic movie or game would have any useful feat to use.

And no I really don't. It's a statue of atlas holding up a SPHERICAL earth. Not a flat one, showing that the developers intended for the planet in the game to be depicted as the same as the one in real life, But infact, the commercial for the game also shows and spherical earth so that right there is two pieces of evidence that in God of war, atlas holds up the entire earth as opposed to just parts of Europe, Africa and Asia (I can tell that's what your going for)

Hercules mentions it in the book.

Both of those inconsistencies with Kratos happened in QTE's. And besides all that, the arena not exploding from Hercules and Kratos punching each other can be attributed to gameplay and technological limitations.

TheAuraAngel
I ****ing hate God Of War.

Or anything that can't get history right really. Like Troy.

NemeBro
Anyone who gives a shit about historical accuracy in something that is not a documentary is a loser who needs to gtfo.

TheGoldenSpy
Lot's of people think the colossus of rhodes fell apart because of an earthquake. But I think we all know what really happened.

TheAuraAngel
Anyone who gives a shit about historical accuracy in something that is not a documentary is a loser who needs to gtfo.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Conversely, I'd like a game where the player could get to play as Zeus. For obvious reasons.

Demonic Phoenix

Demonic Phoenix
Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Conversely, I'd like a game where the player could get to play as Zeus. For obvious reasons.

A weak Zeus, sure.

Disney, Comic, Mythological, & GoW Zeus would all be OP, though not to the same level.

TheAuraAngel
Could always do the Metroid thing. Start you off with full power and then take it. :O

TheGoldenSpy
DP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ijF6_q5Hc

5 seconds in. Doesn't look like a flat earth to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaoBOe5idLw

50 seconds in you can see 2 drawings of atlas holding up a sphere on his shoulders. 4 minutes and 40 seconds in you see the statue lift a sphere.

I'll admit explaining how he's doing it is weird but he's doing it, it's and important part of the plot.

Demonic Phoenix
Could always do the Metroid thing. Start you off with full power and then take it. :O

So basically, a weak Zeus. stick out tongue

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
DP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ijF6_q5Hc

5 seconds in. Doesn't look like a flat earth to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaoBOe5idLw

50 seconds in you can see 2 drawings of atlas holding up a sphere on his shoulders. 4 minutes and 40 seconds in you see the statue lift a sphere.

I'll admit explaining how he's doing it is weird but he's doing it, it's and important part of the plot.

1) It is a commercial. Shouldn't hold weight, though meh, I'd like it to hold weight. That said, that commercial is awesome.

2) Screws up continuity to an extent. How would Pathos Verdes know that Atlas held up the Earth, if Kratos chained him there just 5 years ago? I find it hard to believe that he constructed said Temple on a Titan in 5 years, and that in much less than 5 years, numerous warriors tried to find it, and failed.

Then there's the fact that the Island of Creation is expressly stated to be at the Edge of the World.

Burning thought

NemeBro
Herpderp is stated to be the Earth what a loser herpderp.

Demonic Phoenix
In the myth he held up the sky, which iirc is impossible physically regardless of how strong you are but since its a myth, and according to you this story is based strongly on the myths characters do not have to be physically capable of doing what modern physics (certainly not in a game) would ask for. I wonder if hes holding much up other than the grounds area.

1) That does not discount strength of Hercules, this is a question of weight where in Hercules should by these claims be able to simply flesh and launch Kratos into the atmosphere.
2) This is disputed by the fact Hercules beforehand was ripping chunks off, so its clearly not that strong.
3) If flaws in physics by a vast margin are enabled then why are strength feats of such ridiculous belief even being argued? this is a greek myth in a game.
4) Punching strength would be enough to go beyond what is shown, sextillions of tons<Whole body strength.
5) Of course it is, including deducing a strength feat from this portion of the game, its not really physically viable in or outside of the games rules.

GoW changes certain details to better acquaint the games with the audience. Examples would be Heracles (Greek Myth Name) being called Hercules (Roman Name), since Western Audiences are more familiar with the name Hercules, rather than Heracles. Still doesn't change the fact that he's mostly the same character.
As for Atlas, he lifts the Sky in the Myth, but is commonly depicted lifting the Earth in Popular Culture, which is why he's lifting the Earth here. Still doesn't change the fact that he's mostly the same character here.

Helios is pretty much the Sun in Greek Myth. His disappearance/death causes the Sun to disappear, and his power is described as Planet-destroying.

1) Kratos himself being nearly as strong as Hercules is the reason why Hercules couldn't.

2) Except Hercules is already known to be able to lift trillions of tons, so no.
Said stone is also able to withstand tremendous force such as standing up to:
i) a Lightning Bolt that hurt Gaia
ii) a small building sized rock cut out from Mount Olympus (which itself is much stronger than normal rock) hurled at it by a random Titan
iii) repeated punches from Kratos and Hercules
iv) supporting a Titan from falling down from the mountain, when it grabbed a small building
v) supporting said Titan's weight when it stood in the general area

3) For the same reason that we argue strength and other feats in other games where all laws of Physics also do not apply. Same as it is in Comic Books, where high herald level characters can lift skyscraper sized buildings without it crumbling around them.

4) You mean what's shown in gameplay.

5) Neither are most feats in games, or fictional media that defy the laws of physics. Yet we still do it.

It is stated that he is lifting up the World. There are no ifs and buts about it, seeing as he is repeatedly stated, and shown, to be lifting the World. I don't believe that the World is as heavy as our Earth, as in GoW, the World that Atlas lifts is a Flat Earth (depicted as such in GoW 2, and in artwork as well), and only the area from the bottom of the mantle-Crust area up counts, and it includes the Crust itself, the Oceans, Mountains, and everything else found on the Surface of the Earth.
Hercules himself mentions the Labour where he has to find the Golden Apple, which is the Labour in which he lifts what Atlas was lifting, which is the World in GoW. Hercules lifting the World is confirmed in the canon novel. Hercules is not stated to have been depowered in any way after the lifting and prior to his fight with Kratos.

That's all there is to it, and all I'm going to say on the matter. You're just arguing against evidence at this point, and using the non-adherence to physical laws to debate against it, when pretty much all feats we argue are physically impossible to us.

Burning thought
GoW changes certain details to better acquaint the games with the audience. Examples would be Heracles (Greek Myth Name) being called Hercules (Roman Name), since Western Audiences are more familiar with the name Hercules, rather than Heracles. Still doesn't change the fact that he's mostly the same character.
As for Atlas, he lifts the Sky in the Myth, but is commonly depicted lifting the Earth in Popular Culture, which is why he's lifting the Earth here. Still doesn't change the fact that he's mostly the same character here.

Helios is pretty much the Sun in Greek Myth. His disappearance/death causes the Sun to disappear, and his power is described as Planet-destroying.

1) Kratos himself being nearly as strong as Hercules is the reason why Hercules couldn't.

2) Except Hercules is already known to be able to lift trillions of tons, so no.
Said stone is also able to withstand tremendous force such as standing up to:
i) a Lightning Bolt that hurt Gaia
ii) a small building sized rock cut out from Mount Olympus (which itself is much stronger than normal rock) hurled at it by a random Titan
iii) repeated punches from Kratos and Hercules
iv) supporting a Titan from falling down from the mountain, when it grabbed a small building
v) supporting said Titan's weight when it stood in the general area

3) For the same reason that we argue strength and other feats in other games where all laws of Physics also do not apply. Same as it is in Comic Books, where high herald level characters can lift skyscraper sized buildings without it crumbling around them.

4) You mean what's shown in gameplay.

5) Neither are most feats in games, or fictional media that defy the laws of physics. Yet we still do it.

It is stated that he is lifting up the World. There are no ifs and buts about it, seeing as he is repeatedly stated, and shown, to be lifting the World. I don't believe that the World is as heavy as our Earth, as in GoW, the World that Atlas lifts is a Flat Earth (depicted as such in GoW 2, and in artwork as well), and only the area from the bottom of the mantle-Crust area up counts, and it includes the Crust itself, the Oceans, Mountains, and everything else found on the Surface of the Earth.
Hercules himself mentions the Labour where he has to find the Golden Apple, which is the Labour in which he lifts what Atlas was lifting, which is the World in GoW. Hercules lifting the World is confirmed in the canon novel. Hercules is not stated to have been depowered in any way after the lifting and prior to his fight with Kratos.

That's all there is to it, and all I'm going to say on the matter. You're just arguing against evidence at this point, and using the non-adherence to physical laws to debate against it, when pretty much all feats we argue are physically impossible to us.

I dont really argue against what you said in those paragraphs. Point being, this is a fiction based on a mythic universe of non physical proportions, argueing over feats to give strength to characters purely because modern science knows how heavy the whole earth is, is redundant because greek myth did not even play on real physics (or had knowledge of it), a game would be even worse.

1) Strength was not the question there however, weight was. Kratos pushing down yet neither could break the floor, it actually took a lot of strikes before it cracked and they fell through yet earlier Hercules just plucks piecies of the environment off. You cannot sit there argueing all the sides of the strength argument that possitively effec the feat for you (making Herc/kratos stronger) are correctly in place but the floor is ignored as is other physics.

2) Based on what? your deductions from a mythology put in-game/novel format? your attributing the tons here.

I dont know what most of these examples are refering to, I am talking about this Arena and only this arena, its quite possible other areas around Olmypus are made of different things. None of your examples amount for trillions of tons however...

3) I dont know about comic books, I dont argue them but concerning games most of the feats are completly different to world lifting and more importantly, the characters typically display said power more consistently, their feats are not deduced by the audiance as much as this one.

4) Gameplay? no, cutscenes as well, most attacks and feats are scripted attacks anyway.

5) Your taking a hypocrtical approach, your more than ready to claim Kratos can ignore some of these laws but when it comes to weight, especially ridiculous weights like sextillions of tons that would make no sense in his universe and the consistent actions he has shown (and other characters for that matter) you readily accept their the most accurate values.

The "world" from a Greek mythology point of view, no planet is shown. Can you show anything from this novel? And Hercules mensions the golden apple but not lifting up the planet? does not make sense at all, it leads me to belive that either this book is not canon OR, it retcons previous material assuming its new OR as I suspect, the whole "world" is being exaggerated by the fans for the sake of the feat, when the whole game displays in cutscenes and otherwise feats nothing alike to world moving and when you take into account this is a greek myth, not realism argueing this is pointless.

Whos argueing against evidence? technically so are you, only were talking games and almost everything in the games depicts Hercules at a few hundreds of tons. Theres physically impossible like throiwng a few hundred tons in an awkward manner, and then theres a sixtillion tonner not able to push a platform and a man off his body, only able to break small piecies and whos exertions of strength are no more obvious than a few tons. Same with Atlas. A further error that anyone who claims such high strength feats off hand that I am not making due to the nature of my argument is that these are your figuires and those of modern science, not a fictional making of an old mythology that is known for fanciful renditions. The whole "adhere to physica laws" thing works both ways, weight may not be used the same in this instance for example, or inded the worlds mass (or even the continents).

Nephthys
Shut up BT.

I ****ing hate God Of War.

Or anything that can't get history right really. Like Troy.

The Legend of Troy is a myth iirc. I mean, it has gods fighting over an apple and a dude invincible except for his ankle.

Historical accuracy is not that big a deal imo.

In the myth he held up the sky, which iirc is impossible physically regardless of how strong you are but since its a myth, and according to you this story is based strongly on the myths characters do not have to be physically capable of doing what modern physics (certainly not in a game) would ask for. I wonder if hes holding much up other than the grounds area.

In the Myth the Sky and the Earth are living beings: Gaia and Uranus. Presumably he holds up the latter. Uranus is the son and husband of Gaia and so they must be seperated to prevent their um, 'union'. Thats where Mr Muscles comes in.

TheAuraAngel
The Legend of Troy is a myth iirc. I mean, it has gods fighting over an apple and a dude invincible except for his ankle.

Myths usually have some substance to them. stick out tongue

I don't mind the God parts being taken out but then we get lines that make me giggle like this:

"Your story will be written down through the ages!" (Paraphrased)

Written language hasn't been created for the Greeks so she should have confused the hell out of Achilles.

Demonic Phoenix
Shut up BT.

In the Myth the Sky and the Earth are living beings: Gaia and Uranus. Presumably he holds up the latter. Uranus is the son and husband of Gaia and so they must be seperated to prevent their um, 'union'. Thats where Mr Muscles comes in.

It was his heel, as far as I know.
I wonder why they chose his heel. Why not his left pinky or nipple? mmm

Myths usually have some substance to them. stick out tongue

I don't mind the God parts being taken out but then we get lines that make me giggle like this:

"Your story will be written down through the ages!" (Paraphrased)

Written language hasn't been created for the Greeks so she should have confused the hell out of Achilles.

The Greeks have a myth where Aphrodite was born after a penis was cut off. I wonder what substance that has...stick out tongue

Your favourite Trojan War related character?(s) Mine are Diomedes & Odysseus.

quanchi112
How could anyone hate the gow ? That post kinda creeped me out.

TheAuraAngel
The Greeks have a myth where Aphrodite was born after a penis was cut off. I wonder what substance that has...stick out tongue

Your favourite Trojan War related character?(s) Mine are Diomedes & Odysseus.

Hurhurhur. stick out tongue

Achilles because he reminds me of Spiderman. And Odysseus. Aeneas is awesome too. =D

Originally posted by quanchi112
How could anyone hate the gow ? That post kinda creeped me out.

Very easily actually. Which is not to say they're bad games of course, just not my particular cup of tea.

quanchi112

Achilles because he reminds me of Spiderman. And Odysseus. Aeneas is awesome too. =D

Very easily actually. Which is not to say they're bad games of course, just not my particular cup of tea. Once you get over your initial fear and uneasiness I assure you will enjoy them.

Nephthys
Not too fond of murderous genocidal lunatics Aura?

Weirdo.

Demonic Phoenix

Very easily actually. Which is not to say they're bad games of course, just not my particular cup of tea.

Achilles = Spider-Man? mmm How so?

GoW >>> KH excellent

TheAuraAngel
Once you get over your initial fear and uneasiness I assure you will enjoy them.

No fear or uneasiness. I just think it's very stupid.

Not too fond of murderous genocidal lunatics Aura?

Weirdo.

Not so much that so much as the constant *****ing Kratos is known for. Particularly the 2nd game onward.

Achilles = Spider-Man? mmm How so?

GoW >>> KH excellent

Hehe I actually once had to do a presentation on that. laughing

Both represent the ideals of what a hero is of the time. Both are exceptionally strong and skilled individuals and blah blah blah. Both are known for *****ing but in different ways. Achilles cries a lot. And I mean a lot. So all the emotions inside him are released and consequently make him a better fighter for it. Spidey bottles it all up which results in his powers going away out of depression and him actually manifesting an evil alternate personality. Both is ironic because I don't think people in Ancient Greek would have had a hard time expressing emotions like the people of today do, which leads to a nice contrast between the two heroes and time periods. Lastly, Achilles returns Hectors body to Priam (though he had to be begged and ordered to by the gods, which is understandable because he was emotional) and Spidey returned Norman's body to Harry immediately after(Spidey isn't the type to torture a corpse of a man who didn't really do anything to him). Said scene was awesome for my project. And yes, I was only using the Movies Spider-man. Comics are probably really different.

Based on?

Nephthys
Well he has to get over that dead wife somehow!

NemeBro
To be fair, most of Kratos' actions are not presented as in the right, he is shown to be a selfish dickhead who only makes things worse, and is not meant to be considered justified in his stuff.

TheAuraAngel
Well he has to get over that dead wife somehow!

Suicide . Wouldn't suggest that for most people but since Kratos is a bastard who shows no desire of fitting into society while killing innocent people, I'll make an exception in his case.

Also, the dude gained the power to travel through time. Why not just travel back to the time where he killed his family and stop himself before he killed them? Happy ending right there!

Nephthys
Didn't he try that in the first game?

Also wasn't the first game in its entirety just better told and presents Kratos as infinately more likable and tragic? As in, not a glorified serial killer?

quanchi112
@Aura

I think you're looking into a fictional character far too close and enjoy him for all the reasons it's fake and we can.

TheAuraAngel

Also wasn't the first game in its entirety just better told and presents Kratos as infinately more likable and tragic? As in, not a glorified serial killer?

Yep. Didn't work. Try again.

Yeah I watch Extra Credits too. And yeah, Kratos from the first game is much more likeable than in later installments. Not that he was a nice guy in the first one, just more understandable.

@Aura

I think you're looking into a fictional character far too close and enjoy him for all the reasons it's fake and we can.

Not really. I'm a story teller. If something bothers me in a story, I can't ignore it.

quanchi112
@ aura

It's all subjective anyways but I tend to go for the vengeance fueled badasses. To each his own.

Nephthys
Yep. Didn't work. Try again.

Yeah I watch Extra Credits too. And yeah, Kratos from the first game is much more likeable than in later installments. Not that he was a nice guy in the first one, just more understandable.

Would it get a different result?

Lol, I'm watching it RIGHT FAWKIN KOW! Greek Tragedy ftw!

Demonic Phoenix
No fear or uneasiness. I just think it's very stupid.

Not so much that so much as the constant *****ing Kratos is known for. Particularly the 2nd game onward.

Hehe I actually once had to do a presentation on that. laughing

Both represent the ideals of what a hero is of the time. Both are exceptionally strong and skilled individuals and blah blah blah. Both are known for *****ing but in different ways. Achilles cries a lot. And I mean a lot. So all the emotions inside him are released and consequently make him a better fighter for it. Spidey bottles it all up which results in his powers going away out of depression and him actually manifesting an evil alternate personality. Both is ironic because I don't think people in Ancient Greek would have had a hard time expressing emotions like the people of today do, which leads to a nice contrast between the two heroes and time periods. Lastly, Achilles returns Hectors body to Priam (though he had to be begged and ordered to by the gods, which is understandable because he was emotional) and Spidey returned Norman's body to Harry immediately after(Spidey isn't the type to torture a corpse of a man who didn't really do anything to him). Said scene was awesome for my project. And yes, I was only using the Movies Spider-man. Comics are probably really different.

Based on?

Yeah, he's a roid rage filled psychopath from the Second Game onwards, but he somewhat gets a little better after meeting Pandora. But hey, when you have Supreme Forces constantly f***ing your life over after you sacrifice a lot for them, he's entitled to b****ing about it.

How did you do on the presentation? Also, damn, I would never have gotten away with comparing a mythological character to a movie/comic book one. Lucky bastard.

The inherent superiority of GoW to KH...313

NemeBro

Also wasn't the first game in its entirety just better told and presents Kratos as infinately more likable and tragic? As in, not a glorified serial killer? No he wasn't.

People try to delude themselves into believing he was, but he was always a glorified serial killer.

Him going back to being a conquerering douchebag was not character derailment. For the sheer reason that getting over his wife and child's death (Which he never actually did) would only make him go BACK to being a glorified serial killer/conquerering douchebag.

Kratos has NEVER been a "likeable" character, people only delude themselves into thinking otherwise.

Nephthys
I prefer the Extra Cedits version. D:

Demonic Phoenix
Kratos isn't a Serial Killer.
More of a mass murderer, starting from GoW2.

NemeBro
I would go as far as stating he is essentially a walking apocalypse.

God of War III confirms it, his actions devastated the planet, but Kratos in his selfishness does not care.

TheAuraAngel
Would it get a different result?

Lol, I'm watching it RIGHT FAWKIN KOW! Greek Tragedy ftw!

Won't know until you try.

Ajax is actually pretty laem.

@ aura

It's all subjective anyways but I tend to go for the vengeance fueled badasses. To each his own.

Why should he want vengeance on anyone but himself? He killed his family himself.

Yeah, he's a roid rage filled psychopath from the Second Game onwards, but he somewhat gets a little better after meeting Pandora. But hey, when you have Supreme Forces constantly f***ing your life over after you sacrifice a lot for them, he's entitled to b****ing about it.

How did you do on the presentation? Also, damn, I would never have gotten away with comparing a mythological character to a movie/comic book one. Lucky bastard.

The inherent superiority of GoW to KH...313

Not really. Not while he is doing evil deeds anyway, like completely screwing over the planet.

Pretty good. Went over the time limit though. And yeah, it was an awesome assignment.

Why is GOW superior to KH? I'm simply curious, it may very well be. stick out tongue

quanchi112
@ Aura

He was deceived by Ares into killing his own family. Then he was betrayed and killed by Zeus. How aren't those reasons for someone as bloodthirsty as Kratos to now want to mount their heads on a spike.

MooCowofJustice
God of War can never be superior to Kingdom Hearts. Because Kingdom Hearts has Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and a bunch of other Disney Characters as awesome badasses.

quanchi112
God of War can never be superior to Kingdom Hearts. Because Kingdom Hearts has Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and a bunch of other Disney Characters as awesome badasses. sick

MooCowofJustice
Now that I think about it, Goofy, Donald and Mickey have always been cooler than Kratos. And Disney Hercules is even stronger than him.

Neat.

TheAuraAngel
@ Aura

He was deceived by Ares into killing his own family. Then he was betrayed and killed by Zeus. How aren't those reasons for someone as bloodthirsty as Kratos to now want to mount their heads on a spike.

Gods screw with people all the time. Kratos is nothing special. And as far as I know Zeus killed Kratos so Kratos would stop killing. This of course, means Kratos wouldn't be able to kill Zues either.

sick

You make that face why?

Now that I think about it, Goofy, Donald and Mickey have always been cooler than Kratos. And Disney Hercules is even stronger than him.

Neat.

Kratos is allegedly strong enough to lift the world. Meaning he should be stronger than Disney Herc. Disney Zeus would crush Kratos though. Juggling stars and such.

quanchi112
@Aura

So if gods screw with people why can't people screw with them back ?

Zeus killed him because he feared him after Kratos released pandora's box fear overtook Zeus.

XanatosForever
sick

It's Mickey freakin' Mouse smackin' fools with a big ol' key. Classic cartoon scenario given serious undertones. Mickey's always been a baoss.

TheAuraAngel
@Aura

So if gods screw with people why can't people screw with them back ?

Zeus killed him because he feared him after Kratos released pandora's box fear overtook Zeus.

Because it ends up destroying the world when you kill gods.

Nephthys
Also doesn't he kill a bunch of dudes who've done jack shit to him? While they beg for mercy?

IDK, kinda hard to justify that.

Demonic Phoenix
God of War can never be superior to Kingdom Hearts. Because Kingdom Hearts has Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and a bunch of other Disney Characters as awesome badasses.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1237977238_pineapple-express-laughing.gif

Not really. Not while he is doing evil deeds anyway, like completely screwing over the planet.

Pretty good. Went over the time limit though. And yeah, it was an awesome assignment.

Why is GOW superior to KH? I'm simply curious, it may very well be. stick out tongue

Screwing over the planet isn't justified, but killing the Gods that have screwed him over since he was a kid, kind of is. Though the Gods happened to be instrumental in the functioning of the World.

Figured you did. How can you not, when you're talking about Achilles and Spider-man? awesome

I like the gameplay and execution better. srug
Though KH has a deeper mythos as far as the games themselves are concerned.

As far as Disney Zeus is concerned, Kratos crushes him. Zeus' ridiculous TK not taken into account of course. vin

It's Mickey freakin' Mouse smackin' fools with a big ol' key. Classic cartoon scenario given serious undertones. Mickey's always been a baoss.

Mickey's bawss in KH, as is Donald, but in Disney canon? Nahh, only Donald's bawss.

MooCowofJustice
Kratos is allegedly strong enough to lift the world. Meaning he should be stronger than Disney Herc. Disney Zeus would crush Kratos though. Juggling stars and such.

Disney Hercules threw titans into space.

quanchi112
It's Mickey freakin' Mouse smackin' fools with a big ol' key. Classic cartoon scenario given serious undertones. Mickey's always been a baoss. When I was younger I liked mickey more but even then preferred Skeletor. Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Because it ends up destroying the world when you kill gods. The new replaces the old just like with the Titans and gods before Kratos. Change is hard but don't resist it embrace it, marty.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>