Ong-Bak: The Video Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8640/hiveongbaklogo01skan201.jpg

Thailand-based developer Studio HIVE has secured the rights to the movie series, making the game in close collaboration with Ong-Bak movie studio Sahamongkol Film International. Studio HIVE is promising a "much deeper story involvement for all Ong-Bak fans", says today's press release

Ong-Bak: The Video Game will be launching sometime in 2012, although platforms for the "multiplatform" title have not yet been confirmed.

socool8520
What? Why? Haven't they had trouble in the past making great martial arts games work in gaming? I guess if they make it work like the Batman mechanics with more combos, it might work out.

BloodRawEngine
Huh. Is it wrong to have never heard of Studio HIVE?

I would color myself a fan, having enjoyed at least the first movie, but I've yet to find reason to count on this Studio HIVE to be any better at making movie-based games than EA. Which-needless to say-isn't saying much.

I'd rather the game put more effort into fashioning what's to be the fighting system around the first movie's Muay Boran. I can imagine some really brutal shit if they do that since they're more than likely gonna center the game's setting around those of Ong Bak 2 and 3.

One cool throwback would be if there was some sort of power-up for his legs to catch fire when kicking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.