KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Ong-Bak: The Video Game

Ong-Bak: The Video Game
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ong-Bak: The Video Game

(please log in to view the image)

Thailand-based developer Studio HIVE has secured the rights to the movie series, making the game in close collaboration with Ong-Bak movie studio Sahamongkol Film International. Studio HIVE is promising a "much deeper story involvement for all Ong-Bak fans", says today's press release

Ong-Bak: The Video Game will be launching sometime in 2012, although platforms for the "multiplatform" title have not yet been confirmed.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 07:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

What? Why? Haven't they had trouble in the past making great martial arts games work in gaming? I guess if they make it work like the Batman mechanics with more combos, it might work out.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 02:38 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Huh. Is it wrong to have never heard of Studio HIVE?

I would color myself a fan, having enjoyed at least the first movie, but I've yet to find reason to count on this Studio HIVE to be any better at making movie-based games than EA. Which-needless to say-isn't saying much.

I'd rather the game put more effort into fashioning what's to be the fighting system around the first movie's Muay Boran. I can imagine some really brutal shit if they do that since they're more than likely gonna center the game's setting around those of Ong Bak 2 and 3.

One cool throwback would be if there was some sort of power-up for his legs to catch fire when kicking.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2012 03:09 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote