Thor or Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is you basically guiding the character. You ARE the characters.

For the people that is thinks Thor would win, how would YOU fight Superman in this battle? How would you start and finish it?

For the people that is voting for Superman, how would YOU start and finish this battle? How would you beat Thor.

The point of this is to counter the person that post first. Example, if I state "Thor starts this off by shooting a lighting bolt, you would counter it by saying, Superman dodges this lightning bolt with super speed. Then it continues from there.

So, you guiding Superman (the Superman voters) or you guiding Thor, how would you win?

carver9
Somebody start this off with the first attack.

CosmicComet
Continue the story type thing? Seems like it almost.

I, guiding Superman, will appraise this tall blonde fellow in his strange garb and fancy winged helmet and assess immediately that he is no normal man.

Would probably throw cold breath at him first, lightly, since I don't wanna kill him off the bat, since you know, I'm superman. Just to get some measure of the dude first off.

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Continue the story type thing? Seems like it almost.

I, guiding Superman, will appraise this tall blonde fellow in his strange garb and fancy winged helmet and assess immediately that he is no normal man.

Would probably throw cold breath at him first, lightly, since I don't wanna kill him off the bat, since you know, I'm superman. Just to get some measure of the dude first off.

Not wanting Superman to know my full array of powers (don't want him to find out that I have the ability to absorb and redirect powers via Mjolnir), I will spin my hammer knocking his ice breath back at him.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by carver9
Not wanting Superman to know my full array of powers (don't want him to find out that I have the ability to absorb and redirect powers via Mjolnir), I will spin my hammer knocking his ice breath back at him.

Casually waves away the incoming cold air with a hand at extremely low end superspeed, not wanting to show anything yet.

Taking a defensive pose, I get prepared by turning super senses and perception speed up a few notches just to get ready and allow for an incoming counter.

Nihilist
If i was Superman i would turn my dials up to 11 use all my speed and punch Thor in the balls.

Bentley
I would use superior speed to vibrate my hand into his brain. Thor is tough, he might survive it.

carver9
Casually waves away the incoming cold air with a hand at extremely low end superspeed, not wanting to show anything yet.

Taking a defensive pose, I get prepared by turning super senses and perception speed up a few notches just to get ready and allow for an incoming counter.

Sensing that this guy is pretty powerful I decide to make things interesting by throwing my hammer at Superman at super speed.

CosmicComet
Sensing that this guy is pretty powerful I decide to make things interesting by throwing my hammer at Superman at super speed.

am a bit suprised by the strength of the throw as the hammer is moving fairly fast, but i manage to sidestep easy enough.

deciding to the grab the hammer as it passes by, i am surprised by being carried away with it instead of stopping its flight immediately.

no ordinary hammer it seems.

i let loose a fairly wide burst of heat vision at the armored fellow while i am sent flying back momentarily with the hammer. the blast makes a large dust cloud when it hits the man and the street he stood on.

letting go of the hammer, i disappear a few hundred meters above at super speed, to see what was the result from the blast through the large dust cloud.

carver9
am a bit suprised by the strength of the throw as the hammer is moving fairly fast, but i manage to sidestep easy enough.

deciding to the grab the hammer as it passes by, i am surprised by being carried away with it instead of stopping its flight immediately.

no ordinary hammer it seems.

i let loose a fairly wide burst of heat vision at the armored fellow while i am sent flying back momentarily with the hammer. the blast makes a large dust cloud when it hits the man and the street he stood on.

letting go of the hammer, i disappear a few hundred meters above at super speed, to see what was the result from the blast through the large dust cloud.

Niiiice...

The smoke settles...I am on one knee, hit by an attack that felt as hot as the sun. I'm surprised, pissed, hurt, and ready for a counter. I call Mjolnir back to me...I feel lightning coursing through my vain, I feel power leaking from my eyes, I look around to see if there are any civilians, don't sense any around..I call down hundreds bolts of lightning...not enough to kill him but enough to damage him...I call down hurricanes to slow his momentum...while this goes on, hoping a lightning bolt hits him, I glide and charge my opponent...bring the fight in a way that I hope favors me...fist to hammer.

Offendor
As far as I know, Thor can breathe in space, but Superman cannot?
When Superman is in space, Green Lantern provides air bubbles or he get helmets.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7015/600743-superman677003_super.jpg

Thor on the other hand seem to be able to breath in space on his own.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc9/brytaplanka/thor.jpg

So for this battle Thor can try to drown superman in the sea or punch him to other space. My action as Thor would be to punch Superman extremely hard with a hammer uppercut and follow him with the intention of keep hammering him or grabbing him to fly into outer space. Perhaps make more distance between Superman and the Sun.

If I didn't know anything about Superman, I wouldn't do that at first though...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Offendor
As far as I know, Thor can breathe in space, but Superman cannot?
When Superman is in space, Green Lantern provides air bubbles or he get helmets.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7015/600743-superman677003_super.jpg

Thor on the other hand seem to be able to breath in space on his own.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc9/brytaplanka/thor.jpg

So for this battle Thor can try to drown superman in the sea or punch him to other space. My action as Thor would be to punch Superman extremely hard with a hammer uppercut and follow him with the intention of keep hammering him or grabbing him to fly into outer space. Perhaps make more distance between Superman and the Sun.

If I didn't know anything about Superman, I wouldn't do that at first though...

You got that part wrong champ where superman needs to breath in space or green lanterns need to provide helmets for him

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg

as far as talking in space, he's casually talked on the surface of the sun, at source wall, spent years trapped in the core of earth nearly powerless etc. Not that talking in space means anyone doesn't need to breath anyway because our resident thor expert rage has mentioned that classic thor needs to breath. Stop reading scans.

CosmicComet
Niiiice...

The smoke settles...I am on one knee, hit by an attack that felt as hot as the sun. I'm surprised, pissed, hurt, and ready for a counter. I call Mjolnir back to me...I feel lightning coursing through my vain, I feel power leaking from my eyes, I look around to see if there are any civilians, don't sense any around..I call down hundreds bolts of lightning...not enough to kill him but enough to damage him...I call down hurricanes to slow his momentum...while this goes on, hoping a lightning bolt hits him, I glide and charge my opponent...bring the fight in a way that I hope favors me...fist to hammer.

Noticing the bolts of lightning forming from cloud to cloud I was not initially concerned in the least, not with their speed nor their ability to harm. Having traveled through thunderstorms on the regular with no issue.

With my guard down for but a moment, I actually get HIT, and the shock was quite unexpected. This was not ordinary lightning. It seemed to bypass my natural aura. It stung my back.

I knew for sure, that this was not ordinary lightning. This was magic.

While there were no civilians in the immediate vicinity on this block, I knew this could escalate fast, and soon.

I try to stop the storm clouds around me with cold breath as I see the armored warrior fly towards me now. I succeeded in stopping them, or perhaps, they simply ceded on their own or were called back by this man. I could not be sure.

I knew I had to get this fight out out of city bounds. I let loose a few quick, pot shot bursts of HV at the man approaching me, meant only to aggravate him and to get him to follow.

I proceed to fly out through through the strong winds and out past the coast. Hopefully we would have space out around the sea.

Offendor
Hmm. Ok. The breathing thing seems a bit inconsistent...
Why did Green Lantern do that bubble thing then? Is he stupid or was is some kind of cosmic joke? If it's the other way around and Thor is the one who cannot breathe, I guess Superman could win with the strategy I explained instead.

Diesldude
Niiiice...

Are you guys like, about to have cyber sex?

CosmicComet
http://www.abovetheaether.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/beeker.gif

Diesldude
^^^^ laughing out loud

h1a8
Niiiice...

I as Superman see you and will pop you in the blink of an eye with a planetary punch stunning you preventing you from making an action. Then I relent and allow you to call your hammer back. While its coming back, I blink behind you (speed of course) and grab you turning you around into the coming hammer. It strikes you on top of the head. I laugh and say "Why are you hitting yourself?". I then take your fists and use them to hit you some more. "Why are you hitting yourself?"

Igniz
I teleport Superman to a place where the sun don't shine stick out tongue

Newjak
Interesting concept for a vs thread.

-Pr-
...This can't stay open.

Newjak
You sir are a spoil sport stick out tongue

j/k

-Pr-
This board has enough homoeroticism already, thank you.

Newjak
Haha

I don't know I thought this thread was pretty cool myself, and homoerotic unless people take it that way.

Badabing
Originally posted by Newjak
Haha

I don't know I thought this thread was pretty cool myself, and homoerotic unless people take it that way. You sicken me...HIPPIE! sneer

Newjak
Originally posted by Badabing
You sicken me...HIPPIE! sneer I am no Hippie sneer

Badabing
I am no Hippie sneer My apologies.

FLOWER CHILD! biscuits

Newjak
Originally posted by Badabing
My apologies.

FLOWER CHILD! biscuits You monster stick out tongue

carver9
Noticing the bolts of lightning forming from cloud to cloud I was not initially concerned in the least, not with their speed nor their ability to harm. Having traveled through thunderstorms on the regular with no issue.

With my guard down for but a moment, I actually get HIT, and the shock was quite unexpected. This was not ordinary lightning. It seemed to bypass my natural aura. It stung my back.

I knew for sure, that this was not ordinary lightning. This was magic.

While there were no civilians in the immediate vicinity on this block, I knew this could escalate fast, and soon.

I try to stop the storm clouds around me with cold breath as I see the armored warrior fly towards me now. I succeeded in stopping them, or perhaps, they simply ceded on their own or were called back by this man. I could not be sure.

I knew I had to get this fight out out of city bounds. I let loose a few quick, pot shot bursts of HV at the man approaching me, meant only to aggravate him and to get him to follow.

I proceed to fly out through through the strong winds and out past the coast. Hopefully we would have space out around the sea.

Let's continue this since Pr doesn't like it.

Seeing my caped opponent fly off, away from me with steam coming from his cape by my attack, I chase him...thinking in my head "what leads an opponent of this nature...incredibly powerful to run from me, my attack couldn't have been that damaging, I was holding back. I try to catch up to him...still angry from him attacking me with a dose of focused heat. I can't catch up to him...he's to fast.

I have to catch him...end this fast before it gets out of hand. I twirl Mjolnir and teleport in front of him and charge full force with my hammer ready to strike the Hyperion Clone wink . I swing with enough strength to end the fight but not kill him..HE DODGES MY ATTACK WITH BLINDING SPEED. I swing again...he dodges yet again. This guy is amazingly fast, I swing my hammer at him again...I connect...he is sent flying to the ground...dust everywhere. I look down to see the condition of my opponent, he is on both feet...looking up at me smiling. I can't believe it, he LET me hit him. He then yells.. "you pack a good punch for someone that is about to lose".

I smile in excitement because I know this is a fight that I am going to enjoy...I do not need to hold back. I fly down to my opponent, hammer quaking with energy...hoping my thoughts are true...that this creature will be as challenging as I'm thinking.

-Pr-
Wow. Even in your fanfics you lowball.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wow. Even in your fanfics you lowball.

Lol...who did I lowball?

Newjak
I guess I'll rep Superman.

He has some powers he's been hiding. I didn't know he could teleport, I don't know what else he has. Better not underestimate him.

With that Superman takes off to meet him thinking the best solution is to stay close. This armored foe is not weak, nor slow but Superman feels the closer the combat the better it will be for the man of steel.

Thor unleashes a hammer swing at Superman which is easily dodged by the the last Son of Krypton. He grabs the Odinson's cape and begins to spin in a vortex before realeashing the cape.

He sends Thor flying to the depths of space.

He's tough so this shouldn't harm him but hopefully the depths of space will take a little bit of the fight from him.

With the Superman Speed along right beside Thor as the cold vacuum of space envelops them both.

"So are you going to finally settle down stranger or do I have to get serious."

carver9
I guess I'll rep Superman.

He has some powers he's been hiding. I didn't know he could teleport, I don't know what else he has. Better not underestimate him.

With that Superman takes off to meet him thinking the best solution is to stay close. This armored foe is not weak, nor slow but Superman feels the closer the combat the better it will be for the man of steel.

Thor unleashes a hammer swing at Superman which is easily dodged by the the last Son of Krypton. He grabs the Odinson's cape and begins to spin in a vortex before realeashing the cape.

He sends Thor flying to the depths of space.

He's tough so this shouldn't harm him but hopefully the depths of space will take a little bit of the fight from him.

With the Superman Speed along right beside Thor as the cold vacuum of space envelops them both.

"So are you going to finally settle down stranger or do I have to get serious."

(Thor)... Did he just ask me to settle down or he will get serious?

Thor remembers that his last lightning attack damaged Superman, (Thor)..."he must be vulnerable to magic"... he spins his hammer at tremendous speed, glowing with power...encasing Mjlonir is the magical lightning of Odins Devine power.

(Thor)... You ask me to settle down? The God of Thunder settles down to NO ONE. I advise you, it will not be as easy this time to dodge Mjolnir like you did the first time.

Thor throws his hammer at tremendous speed. Superman trys to outfly Mjolnir but the speed is insane. Superman tries to swerve away from the hammer but it appears the hammer is homing in on him. Thor guiding Mjolnir increases its speed. It hits Superman...hits him again...circling his body at tremendous speed...

abhilegend

Thor remembers that his last lightning attack damaged Superman, (Thor)..."he must be vulnerable to magic"... he spins his hammer at tremendous speed, glowing with power...encasing Mjlonir is the magical lightning of Odins Devine power.

(Thor)... You ask me to settle down? The God of Thunder settles down to NO ONE. I advise you, it will not be as easy this time to dodge Mjolnir like you did the first time.

Thor throws his hammer at tremendous speed. Superman trys to outfly Mjolnir but the speed is insane. Superman tries to swerve away from the hammer but it appears the hammer is homing in on him. Thor guiding Mjolnir increases its speed. It hits Superman...hits him again...circling his body at tremendous speed...
Superman stops it again and raises his dials to 11 and ko thor....again./Thread. stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman stops it again and raises his dials to 11 and ko thor....again./Thread. stick out tongue

Lol.

h1a8

The problem with your scenarios is that you have Superman fighting dumb as hell.
He just sits there and allow Thor to do whatever. Thor won't get a chance to really do much of anything if you think about it. Even if Thor throws the hammer and Superman dodges it, then Superman will ace Thor before the hammer comes back to him.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by h1a8
The problem with your scenarios is that you have Superman fighting dumb as hell.
He just sits there and allow Thor to do whatever. Thor won't get a chance to really do much of anything if you think about it. Even if Thor throws the hammer and Superman dodges it, then Superman will ace Thor before the hammer comes back to him.

Too bad Thor threw the hammer at 10E25 times the speed of light making it to fast for Superman to dodge and gets his head decapitated by the Shear force of the hammer throw.

Thor then proceeds to Valhala, drinks some mead and gets it on with a bunch of Valkyrie chicks laughing

JakeTheBank
This thread is gay.

iceman24567
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
This thread is gay. laughing

h1a8
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Too bad Thor threw the hammer at 10E25 times the speed of light making it to fast for Superman to dodge and gets his head decapitated by the Shear force of the hammer throw.

Thor then proceeds to Valhala, drinks some mead and gets it on with a bunch of Valkyrie chicks laughing

Although we are assuming that Superman purposely stands still while Thor throws the hammer at him then
Thor can't make the hammer reach that speed under battle distance. As a matter of fact comics state that he can release it at twice the speed of light (but after whirling it for awhile).

JakeTheBank
erm

There's also the time he threw Mjolnir to the very end of the Milky Way Galaxy and it came back before the sixty seconds expired, which would be far in excess of lightspeed.

So, no, Thor doesn't have to "charge" a spin or throw to make Mjolnir go faster than light.

h1a8
erm

There's also the time he threw Mjolnir to the very end of the Milky Way Galaxy and it came back before the sixty seconds expired, which would be far in excess of lightspeed.

So, no, Thor doesn't have to "charge" a spin or throw to make Mjolnir go faster than light.

lol, why so many underestimate me? This is exactly the feat I was thinking about BEFORE I posted. Obviously I didn't mention it since the hammer can accelerate in flight. But Thor can't release the hammer more than twice the speed of light. And this is only after whirling it for a while.

But all of this is moot anyway since Superman isn't going to sit still and allow Thor to obtain enough speed on the whirl and throw it at him while he looks the entire time.

abhilegend
Carver's threads are gay.
Fixed.
naughty
stick out tongue

carver9
This thread is gay.

laughing out loud You don't like my thread.? Participate Jake.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud You don't like my thread.? Participate Jake.

Hey, I don't mind forum rping, but this just seems questionable, especially in first person.

You're better off asking for a Thor vs. Superman fanfic or something.

carver9
Hey, I don't mind forum rping, but this just seems questionable, especially in first person.

You're better off asking for a Thor vs. Superman fanfic or something.

Lol...just trying to do something different since we have basically used every battle with every character we have.

JakeTheBank
Lol...just trying to do something different since we have basically used every battle with every character we have.

I gotcha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.