KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor or Superman

Thor or Superman
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Thor or Superman

This is you basically guiding the character. You ARE the characters.

For the people that is thinks Thor would win, how would YOU fight Superman in this battle? How would you start and finish it?

For the people that is voting for Superman, how would YOU start and finish this battle? How would you beat Thor.

The point of this is to counter the person that post first. Example, if I state "Thor starts this off by shooting a lighting bolt, you would counter it by saying, Superman dodges this lightning bolt with super speed. Then it continues from there.

So, you guiding Superman (the Superman voters) or you guiding Thor, how would you win?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:24 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Somebody start this off with the first attack.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:26 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Continue the story type thing? Seems like it almost.

I, guiding Superman, will appraise this tall blonde fellow in his strange garb and fancy winged helmet and assess immediately that he is no normal man.

Would probably throw cold breath at him first, lightly, since I don't wanna kill him off the bat, since you know, I'm superman. Just to get some measure of the dude first off.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:31 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Continue the story type thing? Seems like it almost.

I, guiding Superman, will appraise this tall blonde fellow in his strange garb and fancy winged helmet and assess immediately that he is no normal man.

Would probably throw cold breath at him first, lightly, since I don't wanna kill him off the bat, since you know, I'm superman. Just to get some measure of the dude first off.

Not wanting Superman to know my full array of powers (don't want him to find out that I have the ability to absorb and redirect powers via Mjolnir), I will spin my hammer knocking his ice breath back at him.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:37 AM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by carver9
Not wanting Superman to know my full array of powers (don't want him to find out that I have the ability to absorb and redirect powers via Mjolnir), I will spin my hammer knocking his ice breath back at him.

Casually waves away the incoming cold air with a hand at extremely low end superspeed, not wanting to show anything yet.

Taking a defensive pose, I get prepared by turning super senses and perception speed up a few notches just to get ready and allow for an incoming counter.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:44 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

If i was Superman i would turn my dials up to 11 use all my speed and punch Thor in the balls.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:48 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I would use superior speed to vibrate my hand into his brain. Thor is tough, he might survive it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:50 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Casually waves away the incoming cold air with a hand at extremely low end superspeed, not wanting to show anything yet.

Taking a defensive pose, I get prepared by turning super senses and perception speed up a few notches just to get ready and allow for an incoming counter.

Sensing that this guy is pretty powerful I decide to make things interesting by throwing my hammer at Superman at super speed.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 06:55 AM
CosmicComet

Sensing that this guy is pretty powerful I decide to make things interesting by throwing my hammer at Superman at super speed.

am a bit suprised by the strength of the throw as the hammer is moving fairly fast, but i manage to sidestep easy enough.

deciding to the grab the hammer as it passes by, i am surprised by being carried away with it instead of stopping its flight immediately.

no ordinary hammer it seems.

i let loose a fairly wide burst of heat vision at the armored fellow while i am sent flying back momentarily with the hammer. the blast makes a large dust cloud when it hits the man and the street he stood on.

letting go of the hammer, i disappear a few hundred meters above at super speed, to see what was the result from the blast through the large dust cloud.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Feb 9th, 2012 at 07:07 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 07:03 AM
carver9

am a bit suprised by the strength of the throw as the hammer is moving fairly fast, but i manage to sidestep easy enough.

deciding to the grab the hammer as it passes by, i am surprised by being carried away with it instead of stopping its flight immediately.

no ordinary hammer it seems.

i let loose a fairly wide burst of heat vision at the armored fellow while i am sent flying back momentarily with the hammer. the blast makes a large dust cloud when it hits the man and the street he stood on.

letting go of the hammer, i disappear a few hundred meters above at super speed, to see what was the result from the blast through the large dust cloud.

Niiiice...

The smoke settles...I am on one knee, hit by an attack that felt as hot as the sun. I'm surprised, pissed, hurt, and ready for a counter. I call Mjolnir back to me...I feel lightning coursing through my vain, I feel power leaking from my eyes, I look around to see if there are any civilians, don't sense any around..I call down hundreds bolts of lightning...not enough to kill him but enough to damage him...I call down hurricanes to slow his momentum...while this goes on, hoping a lightning bolt hits him, I glide and charge my opponent...bring the fight in a way that I hope favors me...fist to hammer.

Last edited by carver9 on Feb 9th, 2012 at 07:40 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 07:35 AM
Offendor

As far as I know, Thor can breathe in space, but Superman cannot?
When Superman is in space, Green Lantern provides air bubbles or he get helmets.
(please log in to view the image)

Thor on the other hand seem to be able to breath in space on his own.

So for this battle Thor can try to drown superman in the sea or punch him to other space. My action as Thor would be to punch Superman extremely hard with a hammer uppercut and follow him with the intention of keep hammering him or grabbing him to fly into outer space. Perhaps make more distance between Superman and the Sun.

If I didn't know anything about Superman, I wouldn't do that at first though...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 08:01 AM
Offendor is currently offline Click here to Send Offendor a Private Message Find more posts by Offendor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Offendor
As far as I know, Thor can breathe in space, but Superman cannot?
When Superman is in space, Green Lantern provides air bubbles or he get helmets.

Thor on the other hand seem to be able to breath in space on his own.

So for this battle Thor can try to drown superman in the sea or punch him to other space. My action as Thor would be to punch Superman extremely hard with a hammer uppercut and follow him with the intention of keep hammering him or grabbing him to fly into outer space. Perhaps make more distance between Superman and the Sun.

If I didn't know anything about Superman, I wouldn't do that at first though...

You got that part wrong champ where superman needs to breath in space or green lanterns need to provide helmets for him

as far as talking in space, he's casually talked on the surface of the sun, at source wall, spent years trapped in the core of earth nearly powerless etc. Not that talking in space means anyone doesn't need to breath anyway because our resident thor expert rage has mentioned that classic thor needs to breath. Stop reading scans.

Last edited by abhilegend on Feb 9th, 2012 at 08:12 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 08:07 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Niiiice...

The smoke settles...I am on one knee, hit by an attack that felt as hot as the sun. I'm surprised, pissed, hurt, and ready for a counter. I call Mjolnir back to me...I feel lightning coursing through my vain, I feel power leaking from my eyes, I look around to see if there are any civilians, don't sense any around..I call down hundreds bolts of lightning...not enough to kill him but enough to damage him...I call down hurricanes to slow his momentum...while this goes on, hoping a lightning bolt hits him, I glide and charge my opponent...bring the fight in a way that I hope favors me...fist to hammer.

Noticing the bolts of lightning forming from cloud to cloud I was not initially concerned in the least, not with their speed nor their ability to harm. Having traveled through thunderstorms on the regular with no issue.

With my guard down for but a moment, I actually get HIT, and the shock was quite unexpected. This was not ordinary lightning. It seemed to bypass my natural aura. It stung my back.

I knew for sure, that this was not ordinary lightning. This was magic.

While there were no civilians in the immediate vicinity on this block, I knew this could escalate fast, and soon.

I try to stop the storm clouds around me with cold breath as I see the armored warrior fly towards me now. I succeeded in stopping them, or perhaps, they simply ceded on their own or were called back by this man. I could not be sure.

I knew I had to get this fight out out of city bounds. I let loose a few quick, pot shot bursts of HV at the man approaching me, meant only to aggravate him and to get him to follow.

I proceed to fly out through through the strong winds and out past the coast. Hopefully we would have space out around the sea.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 08:21 AM
Offendor

Hmm. Ok. The breathing thing seems a bit inconsistent...
Why did Green Lantern do that bubble thing then? Is he stupid or was is some kind of cosmic joke? If it's the other way around and Thor is the one who cannot breathe, I guess Superman could win with the strategy I explained instead.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 08:42 AM
Offendor is currently offline Click here to Send Offendor a Private Message Find more posts by Offendor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Niiiice...

Are you guys like, about to have cyber sex?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 08:47 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 08:49 AM
Diesldude

^^^^ laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 9th, 2012 10:46 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Niiiice...

I as Superman see you and will pop you in the blink of an eye with a planetary punch stunning you preventing you from making an action. Then I relent and allow you to call your hammer back. While its coming back, I blink behind you (speed of course) and grab you turning you around into the coming hammer. It strikes you on top of the head. I laugh and say "Why are you hitting yourself?". I then take your fists and use them to hit you some more. "Why are you hitting yourself?"

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 04:13 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

I teleport Superman to a place where the sun don't shine stick out tongue

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 05:25 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Interesting concept for a vs thread.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 01:01 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote