What tier does current Thanos belong in?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
I ask this question because some here seem to think he is Abstract level and capable of beating anyone beneath Death, while some here like myself feel that he is High Trans to (at best) Low Skyfather...

So, where do you all feel current Thanos tiers at?

Nihilist
No one thinks he's Abstract. He's high trans-low skyfather.

guy222
agreed

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Nihilist
He's high trans-low skyfather.

TheLordofMurder

Some here think so...

Zopzop thinks Thanos can beat someone who can one-shot-kill Abstracts and destroy Celestials simply by willing it to happen...

Quanchi shares that point of view...

Sixth_Winged
He's not abstract level definitely. He's a few levels lower than someone in the skyfather level. However i think he is skyfather comparable durability-wise. He can shrug most attacks unless some random Drax shoves his fist at his chest(don't think it'll work now that Death is once again shunning him).

If I were to categorize him, I'd reckon around highest possible tier attainable by a herald.

CosmicComet
He's a solid Skyfather.

Sin I AM
high trans.....low sky, which is where he's always been

CosmicComet
No way he's only low-skyfather now.

Not after he matched Odin for a few moves before Gungir was brought out, and after Odin specifically said Thanos' power potential was similar to his.

And that was before his recent jump in TI.

Silent Master
Below skyfather.

Silent Master
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Not after he matched Odin for a few moves before Gungir was brought out, and after Odin specifically said Thanos' power potential was similar to his.

He didn't match Odin, he just had the durability needed to take a couple hits.

Cogito
He's high trans-low skyfather.

CosmicComet
Yes he did.

Neither could hurt the other prior to Gungnir, and the middle part of the fight was them trading moves.

I also see you cannot deny that Odin specifically on panel said Thanos' reserve of power was comparable to his own.

There's no way you can interpret that fight as it merely being Thanos' durability that kept him in it. Not without twisted bias.

He was already at least low-skyfather back then.

Kid Kurdy
Definitely NOT skyfather. Very high herald level, yes, but not skyfather, not even a small one.

Silent Master
Yes he did.

Neither could hurt the other prior to Gungnir, and the middle part of the fight was them trading moves.

I also see you cannot deny that Odin specifically on panel said Thanos' reserve of power was comparable to his own.

There's no way you can interpret that fight as it merely being Thanos' durability that kept him alive. Impossible.

He was already at least low-skyfather back then.

At no point did Thanos match Odin, he just had the durability to take a couple of hits.

Sin I AM

lol @ matching odin and "power potential" he has not displayed anything that would leave me to believe he is that high end

CosmicComet
We've been over this shit before.

We all know what happens.

You just repeat on like a broken track and never address anything.

Silent Master
Yea....we all know that Thanos didn't even come close to matching Odin in power, he just had enough durability to take a couple of hits...and even then he didn't take many before ending up on the ground and needing several panels just to stand back up.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol @ matching odin and "power potential" he has not displayed anything that would leave me to believe he is that high end

No, lol @ you. Him giving Odin trouble as he did is an indicator, and Odin specifically telling us such is another indicator. Not to mention his other interactions with skyfather level beings like, Mephisto.

Entire panel by panel break down of the fight:

I've posted that several times now, and no one seems to ever be able to dispute it.

Sin I AM
We've been over this shit before.

We all know what happens.

You just repeat on like a broken track and never address anything.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/phoenixburning/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Silent Master
11. Odin looks fresh and unhurt while Thanos needs several panels just to stand up.

CosmicComet
That was toward Silent Master, Sin.

iceman24567

Sin I AM
That was toward Silent Master, Sin.

i kno but u still act like u mad...but u cant seriously think Thanos is Odins equal, i read that comic and no matter how u break it down i just didnt see it that way

Stoic
Low Trans- Mid Trans at most.

abhilegend
High trans.

Sin I AM
id say he's like king thor level personally....his durability is alot higher though as is his strength

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Some here think so...

Zopzop thinks Thanos can beat someone who can one-shot-kill Abstracts and destroy Celestials simply by willing it to happen...

Quanchi shares that point of view...

Who is this person that can one shot kill abstracts and will Celestials out of existence? I know it's not What If Korvac, because What If and alternate reality characters aren't kosher in VS' threads.

Irregardless that same being that was one shotting Abstracts and Celestials panicked at the sight of an alien armada.

vince_slice
Did Kid Kurdy just suggest Thanos is high herald?

zopzop

This but there's more to it.

IF, notice the IF, he really is Death's Avatar and has all the benefits that go along with that title and position............... To get an idea of what it means to be an avatar of a high end abstract, check out the Quasar/Maelstrom throw down in Quasar 25, when Quasar was Infinity's Avatar and Maelstrom was Oblivion's avatar.

Nihilist
Originally posted by vince_slice
Did Kid Kurdy just suggest Thanos is high herald? Read any thread with Thanos in that he's posted in, and you'll understand why!

JayDaDon
Originally posted by vince_slice
Did Kid Kurdy just suggest Thanos is high herald?

laughing

Batman-Prime
High Trans,
low-Skyfather durability wise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.