Gaea vs mephisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rikudo sennin
thor's momma vs mephisto who wins

abhilegend
Gaea IMO.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by abhilegend
Gaea IMO.

exactly gaea>dormammu>mephisto

zopzop
In his realm, Mephisto destroys her.

In 616 reality, Gaea probably wins.

On neutral ground? Who knows?

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop

Thor has beaten mephisto in his own realm IIRC, surfer also has done it. Gaea wasn't even aware that hulk, classic strange, namor and surfer were attacking her at full force.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor has beaten mephisto in his own realm IIRC, surfer also has done it. Gaea wasn't even aware that hulk, classic strange, namor and surfer were attacking her at full force.

Context.

Silver Surfer is an insect to Mephisto, it's only because of the "pure soul" garbage that saves Surfer's ass (because he doesn't want to kill Surfer, he wants to corrupt his soul so he can claim it). I can show you scans of Mephisto wtfpwning Surfer in one shot and then going on to stalemate Galactus in a battle that was wrecking galaxies.

Same with Thor, it's only the pure/noble soul nonsense that Mephisto wants to corrupt that saves his ass.

Then I can show you scans of Mephisto owning the East and West Coast Avengers like they were handicapped children.

Or his battle with Satannish over the soul of Baron Mordo that was causing reality wide destruction.

Rikudo sennin
Context.

Silver Surfer is an insect to Mephisto, it's only because of the "pure soul" garbage that saves Surfer's ass (because he doesn't want to kill Surfer, he wants to corrupt his soul so he can claim it). I can show you scans of Mephisto wtfpwning Surfer in one shot and then going on to stalemate Galactus in a battle that was wrecking galaxies.

Same with Thor, it's only the pure/noble soul nonsense that Mephisto wants to corrupt that saves his ass.

Then I can show you scans of Mephisto owning the East and West Coast Avengers like they were handicapped children.

Or his battle with Satannish over the soul of Baron Mordo that was causing reality wide destruction.

in his own dimension he would probably still lose this woman at full power owned dormammu who>mephisto and all elder gods are stronger than the hell lords and god pantheons

Rikudo sennin

neutral ground she would own him

zopzop
Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
in his own dimension he would probably still lose this woman at full power owned dormammu who>mephisto and all elder gods are stronger than the hell lords and god pantheons

When did she own Dormammu? I remember one time in the late 70s early 80s she drove him off the Earth once by tapping into the power of every living being on the planet. He's also turned her into a rat once, if I recall correctly.

And there's no proof either way if she'd own Mephisto on neutral ground. He's freaking retconned 616 reality once (see the Peter Parker/Spider-man incident).

guy222
gaea easily

Rikudo sennin
When did she own Dormammu? I remember one time in the late 70s early 80s she drove him off the Earth once by tapping into the power of every living being on the planet. He's also turned her into a rat once, if I recall correctly.

And there's no proof either way if she'd own Mephisto on neutral ground. He's freaking retconned 616 reality once (see the Peter Parker/Spider-man incident).

dormammu neede help from umar to even capture gaea and her life essences was infused in all life that began and continues on earth so she is channeling what right fully her power anyway. And what he did was not that huge it was mostly planetary level warping. Gaea was able to fight even set who is easily stronger than mephisto.

zopzop
dormammu neede help from umar to even capture gaea and her life essences was infused in all life that began and continues on earth so she is channeling what right fully her power anyway. And what he did was not that huge it was mostly planetary level warping. Gaea was able to fight even set who is easily stronger than mephisto.

Gaea got crushed by Set, not once but twice. So I don't get why you'd bring that up at all.

I actually have the issue involving Gaea and Dormammu but it's been a while since I looked at it. There was a LOT of context involved in that face off.

Rikudo sennin
Gaea got crushed by Set, not once but twice. So I don't get why you'd bring that up at all.

I actually have the issue involving Gaea and Dormammu but it's been a while since I looked at it. There was a LOT of context involved in that face off.

at least she put up a fight against one of like the first two demons along with his brother chthon as these two are dimensions more powerful then the strongest hell lords such as mephisto,satannish and olivier so she could easily beat mephisto.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/gaea-and-oshtur-vs-galactus-and-set/637654/
scroll down to the last two scans out of the four those show gaea fighting dormammu

zopzop
at least she put up a fight against one of like the first two demons along with his brother chthon as these two are dimensions more powerful then the strongest hell lords such as mephisto,satannish and olivier so she could easily beat mephisto.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/gaea-and-oshtur-vs-galactus-and-set/637654/
scroll down to the last two scans out of the four those show gaea fighting dormammu

She actually didn't put up any sort of fight in any of her encounters with Set. She was humiliated though. Props to her!

You realize, that this was AFTER Dormammu was destroyed battling the Avengers and was reforming inside the Earth's core yes? And all she did was banish him.

EDIT

CortSether
Context.

Since when does context matter to you?

stick out tongue

zopzop
Originally posted by CortSether
Since when does context matter to you?

stick out tongue

It's been mattering to me. However, hyperbole and "just so" stories don't mean sh|t to me. smokin'

Rikudo sennin
She actually didn't put up any sort of fight in any of her encounters with Set. She was humiliated though. Props to her!

You realize, that this was AFTER Dormammu was destroyed battling the Avengers and was reforming inside the Earth's core yes? And all she did was banish him.

EDIT

she actually helped him get his powers back from umar then banished him so he wasnt as weak as you think regardless he got owned.

JakeTheBank
Gaea, or part of her, actually resides in Mephisto's realm.

DTM
An old Surfer comic had Mephisto fighting Galactus and their battle was destroying galaxies, Gaea is the spirit of the Earth (Mother Nature) I believe, one planet in a solar system, one solar system within a single galaxy. Granted that was a high point for Mephisto, and I believe that was within his realm, but even outside his dimension Mephisto is a Major Force to be reckonned with.

zopzop
she actually helped him get his powers back from umar then banished him so he wasnt as weak as you think regardless he got owned.

She banished him back to his home plane. That's nice and all but even before that, she needed help. Dormammu had imprisoned her and she was calling out to Clea for aid. Clea finds Gaea, then using Strange's power casts a spell freeing her.

@JakeTheBank
Where was this stated or shown? Is this a recent thing?

@DTM
Mephisto, even aside from that Galactus encounter, has a couple of good fights under his belt. Off the top of my head, he has two dimension wrecking fights with Satannish (these took place outside both their realms, so that's a nice little showing for both demons) which ended in a draw and his complete ownage of the Defenders (effortlessly too).

JakeTheBank
@JakeTheBank

Yeah, it was in Thor's ongoing, right before Fraction took over and renumbered/retitled the series.

When Thor goes to Hell to confront the Disir, he runs across a portion of Gaea's form melded with Hell and how her body is basically tortured and ravaged by demons constantly and for all eternity and a demon attempts to barter for her freedom. He considers freeing her, but then comes to the realization that her presence is needed there as Earth and Hell are connected for a purpose and he takes resolve in the fact that Gaea is able to eternally endure having a portion of her spirit bound to Hell and that seeking to free her would only be a vain sacrifice.

It was really cool, actually.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsDisir08b.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsDisir08c.jpg

Here are the scans in question, taken from ODG's respect thread.

Took place in Thor #613.

Rikudo sennin
She banished him back to his home plane. That's nice and all but even before that, she needed help. Dormammu had imprisoned her and she was calling out to Clea for aid. Clea finds Gaea, then using Strange's power casts a spell freeing her.

@JakeTheBank

@DTM
Mephisto, even aside from that Galactus encounter, has a couple of good fights under his belt. Off the top of my head, he has two dimension wrecking fights with Satannish (these took place outside both their realms, so that's a nice little showing for both demons) which ended in a draw and his complete ownage of the Defenders (effortlessly too).

well dormammu still neede help to capture her in the first place and he is not all that great.

zopzop
well dormammu still neede help to capture her in the first place and he is not all that great.

He was RECOVERING from being destroyed by the Evil Eye and he wasn't even recovering on his homeplane.

Sundipped
He was RECOVERING from being destroyed by the Evil Eye and he wasn't even recovering on his homeplane.

Yep. The power he amassed allowed him to split Earth to the surface too.

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/812/drsmotma0818.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/526/drsmotma0819.jpg/

Rikudo sennin
gaea still pwns elder gods are to strong for skyfathers and hell lords.

Hyperion Prime
gaea still pwns elder gods are to strong for skyfathers and hell lords.

This is accurate. smile

TheGodKiller
Gaea .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.