Worst Video Game Endings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
In recent memory, it has to be Mass Effect 3.

The ending BLOWS. It sucks. Period.
No amount of explanation from BioWare will change that fact.

What video game endings did you RAAAAGGGEEE on?

RE: Blaxican
Gears of War 3's was a bit disappointing, from recent memory. Crisis 2s ending sucked. Stacraft 2's ending sucked.

Phanteros
Diable 1 and All the fables's endings.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Phanteros
Diable 1

Why?

Phanteros
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Why? My memory is a little sketchy but Tristram shoving the gem in his head didn't make much sense to me.

FinalAnswer
The Dark Wanderer (The town's name is Tristram, not his) did it in order to subdue Diablo.

And it's implied Diablo manipulated/mind****ed him into doing it.

srankmissingnin
Finally Fantasy 10.

The ending of Mass Effect 3 was one of the things I hated least about that game. That thing is a mass.

ares834
I felt Bioshock's ending was pretty bad. It didn't belong and felt like it was just tacked on.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The ending of Mass Effect 3 was one of the things I hated least about that game. That thing is a mass.

To each their own I guess. I felt it was a masterpiece.

steverules_2
Originally posted by ares834
I felt Bioshock's ending was pretty bad. It didn't belong and felt like it was just tacked on.

Which one? Cuz there's 3 different endings with one being the same as the other but different tone of voice...

ares834
Originally posted by steverules_2
Which one? Cuz there's 3 different endings with one being the same as the other but different tone of voice...

I wasn't so much talking about the very ending but rather the boss battle with Fontaine.

AsbestosFlaygon

I felt it was a masterpiece.
I guess you don't play a lot of RPGs.

srankmissingnin

This is Mass Effect 3: Long unskipable opening. Short shooting moment. Walk in slow mo while you chase some stupid kind through the park in your mind. Meet up an old squad mate. They are on a suicide mission. Repeat the last three steps until you meat all the squadmates from Mass Effect 2. Oh no, it's a Deus Ex: Human Revolution ninja!!!! He kills the best character in the series. Play the rest of the game with the much inferior ME3 squad mates that you don't care about. Build resources. The Citadel is the catalyst? Why did the Reapers build the means to destroying themselves? Who cares. Fight the stupid Ninja forever... your powers don't work on him. Oh no the Reapers know the Citadel is the catalyst!!! Will they destroy it and remove the one method of beating them??? No... the moved it to a more convenient location for me to use it to kill them while protecting earth. Thanks! Head to earth. Waste time trying to get an army to the beam when like every other time in the game that will fail and I'll have to do everything on my own. Why didn't I just sneak towards the damn thing to begin with? Oh here is a ****ing lovely part! You get blown up and now you have to try to get to the beam in slow mo, while your aim shakes all over the damn place and you can't take more than a two hits... have fun if you are playing on Insanity, because you are going to die. A lot. You did it! You made it to the Citadel. The Illusive Man is brain washed. Shocker!!! Kill the Illusive Man. The Catalyst looks like that stupid kid from the beginning. Pick one of three virtually identical endings. You did it Shepard! You saved everyone.

The only good parts of the game involved Mordin. It had to be him, anyone else might have gotten it wrong.

FinalAnswer
The only good parts of the game involved Mordin. It had to be him, anyone else might have gotten it wrong.

I don't care about the rest of your ranting, but the fact you did not include Grunt enrages and infuriates me.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I don't care about the rest of your ranting, but the fact you did not include Grunt enrages and infuriates me.

I've seen Battleship Troopers. I don't need a rehash of that with a second rate Wrex. cool

Looking at your screen name, location, sig and title, I wonder where you weigh in on the ME3 topic? A real head scratcher!

FinalAnswer
I've seen Battleship Troopers. I don't need a rehash of that with a second rate Wrex. cool

Looking at your screen name, location, sig and title, I wonder where you weigh in on the ME3 topic? A real head scratcher!

I thought the game, for the most part, was good. Could have been better, but I'm not that picky.

Everything when swiftly downhill after Shepard was hit by the laser though.

srankmissingnin
But you agree Mordin was the best part? cool

I've actually been having a surprisingly good time with multilayer (and this is from someone who literally has never tried the multiplayer aspect of KZ2 or 3). I love crushing all the enemies with the Vanguard while hearing people ***** and moan on their mics that I'm not playing fair.

Nemesis X

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/QuincyJames93/Everything%20Else/5vu15c.gif

Zack Fair
Finally Fantasy 10.
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1042979_o.gif
uhuh

ares834
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I guess you don't play a lot of RPGs.

I play plenty of RPGs and I felt Mass Effect was better than the rest of them.

I've actually been having a surprisingly good time with multilayer (and this is from someone who literally has never tried the multiplayer aspect of KZ2 or 3). I love crushing all the enemies with the Vanguard while hearing people ***** and moan on their mics that I'm not playing fair.

Do you just spam Charge and Nova?

AsbestosFlaygon
I play plenty of RPGs and I felt Mass Effect was better than the rest of them.

Better than what RPGs?

ares834
lol, you expect me to list all of them... Admittedly, I've never been a fan of JRPGs, all though I am a big fan of several like Chrono Trigger.

NemeBro
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Better than what RPGs? All JRPGs. Especially Xenosaga and Xenogears. Those games are trash.

Ushgarak
Alrighty folks, let's try and keep this on topic.

Nemesis X
Gears of War 3's. Ending was decent but I feel like that it's all completely wrong. In a way, the Locust were victims as well. Myrrah was their frikkin Hitler and of course they weren't gonna say no to their superior but they should have. Anyways, with the Lambent obviously appearing as the bigger threat, the COG and the Horde should've at least temporarily put aside their differences to destroy the third party in the war but no, instead, everyone was still at eachother's throats (no thanks to said Hitler-like broad) that surprisingly didn't get in the way from Marcus' job to stop the planet from dying off but I guess that's PIS for ya. Instead we get a plot device that gives the metaphorical finger to the Locust as it disintegrated them along with the Flood's equivalent but packed with TNT. It would've been best if everyone human and Locust alike just dropped their lancers and gave eachother bro hugs but I guess with how the Gears-verse is displayed with it's stereotypical manliness and violence, Epic wouldn't allow that so I guess it's understandable why the words peace and treaty don't mix in Cliff's vocabulary but if that were the case, that crappy ending of theirs wouldn't have much emotion in it now would it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.