Ultron vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Ultron gets 1day of prep

Fight on an asteroid in deep space
No Bfr
Most recent versions

pym-ftw
Anyone?

Endless Mike
Thanos transmutes him or something

Bouboumaster
I can't imagine a way in which Ultron could win. Thanos pwn 10/10

h1a8
Is current Ultron made of primary adamantium?

carver9
Stalemate.

Kid Kurdy
Leaning towards Ultron.

Golgo13
LOL! Thanos.

Nihilist
Lol indeed.

Thanos wins.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Nihilist
Lol indeed.

Thanos wins.
How ?

Sixth_Winged
Thanos eventually. One is made out of nearly indestructible metal while the other is made out of well...immortal flesh. I don't think I've seen anything that Ultron has dished out so far that can put Thanos down while Thanos can eventually come up with something fancy like teleporting Ultron and him in a blackhole (something he has already survived).

Damborgson
Has anyone ever resisted the encephalo beam?

Delta1938
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Thanos eventually. One is made out of nearly indestructible metal while the other is made out of well...immortal flesh. I don't think I've seen anything that Ultron has dished out so far that can put Thanos down while Thanos can eventually come up with something fancy like teleporting Ultron and him in a blackhole (something he has already survived).

Is there more than one instance of Thanos dealing with a black hole? The only example I've seen had him get bloodied-up by being near one, not actually in it, and only briefly before it "burnt-out."

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Delta1938
Is there more than one instance of Thanos dealing with a black hole? The only example I've seen had him get bloodied-up by being near one, not actually in it, and only briefly before it "burnt-out."

Near one? I thought he was engulfed in it till he managed to hijack a passing skrull ship.

Delta1938
Near one? I thought he was engulfed in it till he managed to hijack a passing skrull ship.

I don't know if you're thinking of the one I saw, but the ship never actually went in the black hole.

Sixth_Winged
The skrull didn't but I thought his ship was. He even referenced it while getting patched up from his injuries.

Delta1938
The skrull didn't but I thought his ship was. He even referenced it while getting patched up from his injuries.

If we're talking about the same instance, I had seen someone point-out with scans he highlighted the area that showed Thanos never actually entered the black hole.

Sixth_Winged
Hmm meh, i can't recall details clearly of it so you might probably be right. Too lazy to dig on it.

Sixth_Winged
Thanos could've been annihilated as well as he wasn't cursed at the time.

So well I think Ultron might have a better before (think thanos is quite immortal now again). Don't think matter manip would do much though seeing as that's how Ultron is able to move in the first place being solidly adamantium and such.

Delta1938
Hmm meh, i can't recall details clearly of it so you might probably be right. Too lazy to dig on it.

I'll try to find scans later, if I can't find the highlighted ones I'll just highlight them myself. Don't feel like looking right now either.

the Darkone
Thanos 10/10, smarter, faster, vastly more powerful and prep master!

Ultron would need a serious power upgrade, and I mean serious upgrade.

Delta1938
Thanos could've been annihilated as well as he wasn't cursed at the time.

So well I think Ultron might have a better chance now. Don't think matter manip would do much seeing as that's how Ultron is able to move in the first place being solidly adamantium and such.

I don't really have a vote for either, but I guess if I had to I'd lean towards Thanos, but I just didn't think that black hole thing you said was accurate.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
How ? by blasting him using his various forms of energy he has shown to wreck Ultrons circuits.

Ultron has no way to put Thanos down.

Delta1938
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos 10/10, smarter, faster, vastly more powerful and prep master!

Ultron would need a serious power upgrade, and I mean serious upgrade.

OP makes me think only Ultron gets prep.

But what is this about faster? I don't think Ultron's particularly quick, but I haven't see anything to indicate Thanos' speed would be any noticeable factor.

Nihilist
If we're talking about the same instance, I had seen someone point-out with scans he highlighted the area that showed Thanos never actually entered the black hole. The blackhole closed with Thanos inside it, its made clear by the text and illustration. It shows the hole close destroying Thanos ship and shows only a very small field of debris left with Thanos not there, he later teleports about a passing ship from inside the blackhole

Delta1938
The blackhole closed with Thanos inside it, its made clear by the text and illustration. It shows the hole close destroying Thanos ship and shows only a very small field of debris left with Thanos not there, he later teleports about a passing ship from inside the blackhole

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/87159/1739484-thanos_never_survived_black_hole_super.png

If you look at the panel where it talks about it was nearly an hour before another ship goes by, you see there's still ship. It might not be functional, but it's too large for me to actually think it entered the black hole. There could be a follow-up that disputes this, but I'd have to see it.

Nihilist
Are you kidding!

It explains how Thanos was helpless as his ship disintegrated around him, hell it shows his ship trying to escape but as the text says it pulled everything in within a two light year radius

Delta1938
Are you kidding!

It explains how Thanos was helpless as his ship disintegrated around him, hell it shows his ship trying to escape but as the text says it pulled everything in within a two light year radius

It didn't pull everything in a 2-lightyear radius into it. It got it in its grasp. If it pulled everything into it from that much a distance, Thanos wouldn't have even been able to turn around. Nor would there be anything visible of the ship left.

Nihilist
The reason why small bits of the shop were left was due to how quick the BH closed.

Its as simple as this the whole point of showing what was left of the ship was to give the impression Thanos died when it closed otherwise it would have shown him in the debris. All this is expanded upon further when clones see what happened and beilieve Thanos was dead.

Delta1938
The reason why small bits of the shop were left was due to how quick the BH closed.

Its as simple as this the whole point of showing what was left of the ship was to give the impression Thanos died when it closed otherwise it would have shown him in the debris. All this is expanded upon further when clones see what happened and beilieve Thanos was dead.

So you're trying to argue that something powerful enough to suck everything in a two lightyear-radius(according to your initial statement that hasn't been corrected if I read you wrong) wouldn't completely destroy the ship just because it closes really fast even if it's inside the hole.

Makes perfect sense.

Nihilist
So you're trying to argue that something powerful enough to suck everything in a two lightyear-radius(according to your initial statement that hasn't been corrected if I read you wrong) wouldn't completely destroy the ship just because it closes really fast even if it's inside the hole.

Makes perfect sense. It states on panel that the pull of the black hole reached two light years.

Yeah because comics always make sense and dont try using real world science/physics to explain it because it doesnt work.

Tell you what you come up with a scan that shows Thanos around after the black hole closes and untill you do ill stick with the on panel proof that shows and explain exactly what i said.

Delta1938
It states on panel that the pull of the black hole reached two light years.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. You seem to be arguing that the black hole pulled everything within a 2 lightyear radius INSIDE OF IT. Which I pointed-out to see if I misunderstood you and give you the chance to clear the confusion or confirm my impression. You haven't corrected me, meaning either that is what you meant but you haven't confirmed it or you've either missed it or are choosing to ignore it for whatever reason.

Yeah because comics always make sense and dont try using real world science/physics to explain it because it doesnt work.

roll eyes (sarcastic) OK how about this? The comic specifically states miniature black hole. So this would likely be too small for Thanos to fit in without being crushed, let alone his ship being inside.

Tell you what you come up with a scan that shows Thanos around after the black hole closes and untill you do ill stick with the on panel proof that shows and explain exactly what i said.

It does look like the ship's debris is in front of where the hole was.

the Darkone
OP makes me think only Ultron gets prep.

But what is this about faster? I don't think Ultron's particularly quick, but I haven't see anything to indicate Thanos' speed would be any noticeable factor.

I was making a statement, dont over analyze the speed commit. Thanos doesn't need prep against Ultron, you can give Ultron 10 yrs prep Thanos still wins. Thanos is stronger,faster, vastly smarter, more powerful and versatile.

Ultron doesn't have a chance against the Mad Titan!!

pym-ftw
Only Ultron has Prep!

Branlor Swift
The last two real Ultron arcs have had him getting blown up by a star, and Shultron damaged by Sentry.

And Adamantium Ultron has had his shortcomings... to say the least. Clearly he beats Thanos dawg

the Darkone
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The last two real Ultron arcs have had him getting blown up by a star, and Shultron damaged by Sentry.

And Adamantium Ultron has had his shortcomings... to say the least. Clearly he beats Thanos dawg

Not in this life time laughing laughing

Endless Mike
You know Thanos' ship had defenses that could seriously harm and pose a danger to the Silver Surfer, a guy who survives black holes... that ship is tough.

Nihilist
I don't think you get what I'm saying. You seem to be arguing that the black hole pulled everything within a 2 lightyear radius INSIDE OF IT. Which I pointed-out to see if I misunderstood you and give you the chance to clear the confusion or confirm my impression. You haven't corrected me, meaning either that is what you meant but you haven't confirmed it or you've either missed it or are choosing to ignore it for whatever reason.Yeah im cleary choosing to ignore stuff, like for instance thats shown, stated and explained on panel

Bwahaha too small, yeah because you know the exact size of the black hole. Hell when it first opened the hole is at least 4 times as big as his ship.

And? Thanos is not amongst it. The Skrull ship even confirm nothing is around when they arrive at the exaxct same spot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.