Thanos vs Thor (blood&thunder)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
This time Thanos races Thor before he got the power gem!

How would this go down?

JakeTheBank
Thanos.

I mean, if he was able to contend with a Thor that was amping off the Power Gem, logically, how wouldn't he able to handle a Thor who's not growing more powerful?

zopzop
Thanos via 7-8 punches (just like he ended the Silver Surfer). The End.

h1a8
Thanos, but if Thor fights smart he can make it a hard won fight for Thanos. IMO There is no proof that the PG amped Thor beyond 2x more powerful.

Originally posted by zopzop
Thanos via 7-8 punches (just like he ended the Silver Surfer). The End. Disagree. Thor has taken more punches from stronger foes and not been koed. Plus that was a low showing from SS. Not at all indicative of what will happen in a forum fight.

Mindset
Uh...Thanos.

StiltmanFTW
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/thorface2.jpg loses.

vansonbee
Thor fighting smart might have a chance and a PG Thor also had a chance. So a regular Thor in today comics, will die devastatingly...

My point is, Thanos wins the majority.

Damborgson
Thanos

celeyhyga17
Thanos for the eventual KO.

The Sorrow
Thanos wins.

We'll see how current Thor does against Thanos when they fight in Avengers Assemble next month.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Thanos wins.

We'll see how current Thor does against Thanos when they fight in Avengers Assemble next month.

You'll see Thor KtfO

Damborgson
Not by thanos though. The badoon fodder will come to harass him again.

Horrificus
Should be a Draw.

And, I have a feeling that, for some reason, Thor will be given a win when he faces Thanos.

Damborgson
^ maybe Thor will be the one to put Thanos down, and in AvX he goes ape shit on Phoenix Scott and hurts him enough for Hope to take the force away from him. I refuse to give up hope.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Damborgson
^ maybe Thor will be the one to put Thanos down, and in AvX he goes ape shit on Phoenix Scott and hurts him enough for Hope to take the force away from him. I refuse to give up hope. A lot of times, that's how the writers keep some kind of balance. Matching up bad showings with major wins. To keep things interesting.
Just an observation.

Damborgson
It would indeed balance things out a bit. Fingers crossed I guess.

vince_slice
lol, Thanos borrows a Badoon laser pistol and proceeds to one-shot Thor with it.

Badabing
Thor...because Quan hasn't repped Thanos recently, thus reducing his powers! thanduros

h1a8
Originally posted by Horrificus
Should be a Draw.

And, I have a feeling that, for some reason, Thor will be given a win when he faces Thanos.

Is Thanos back? Which comic issues are you referring to?

Horrificus
It would be terrible if Thor defeated Thanos alone. It would ruin continuity AGAIN! He should be able to put up a good fight, but we are running out of villains that stay at the top of the pyramid.

Eventually, they all end up defeated by Kitty Pryde, or Robin, or Cypher, or D-Man, or Cat Woman, or Tigra, or the Spanker. (Sorry. I had to through him in there.)

Thor MUST lose, unless he wins through a plot device, or with help.

Half the reason we all argue so much in here, is because continuity sucks in these books.

A moment of Silence for the following reputations:

Galactus
Darkseid
Fin Fang Foom
Count Nefaria
Despero
Ultimo

... and all the other "Uber-Villains" who have stood in slack-jawed awe, as some weaklinghero defeated them, even though they lacked the power and ability to do so.

Feel free to add to the list of the mistreated characters.

Nihilist
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos, but if Thor fights smart he can make it a hard won fight for Thanos. IMO There is no proof that the PG amped Thor beyond 2x more powerful.

Disagree. Thor has taken more punches from stronger foes and not been koed. Plus that was a low showing from SS. Not at all indicative of what will happen in a forum fight. the warden just called, its time for you to go back to your padded cell.

Galan007
Thanos, easily.

BRB alone dropped B&T Thor, and Thanos>>>BRB.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Damborgson
^ maybe Thor will be the one to put Thanos down, and in AvX he goes ape shit on Phoenix Scott and hurts him enough for Hope to take the force away from him. I refuse to give up hope.

I very seriously doubt either of these is happening.
Turn your hope towards Thor shining in his own comics.

h1a8
Originally posted by Galan007
Thanos, easily.

BRB alone dropped B&T Thor, and Thanos>>>BRB.

It's called a combo to ko. Anyone can be drop this way if the stipulations are met:

1. Each hit is a stunning hit
2. Each hit (except first) is applied before the stun effect from the previous hit wears off.

Also there is no proof that Thanos hits harder than a non holding back BRB or Thor.
The only feat we have that's debatable is the feat against Surfer. But IMO, Thor or BRB could possibly do the same if they hit Surfer 7 times with all their might trying to kill him. Plus the Godblast>>>>>>Any of Thanos blasts.

That said, Thanos wins this. It's only a hard won fight for Thanos if Thor fights at his best.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Sundipped
I very seriously doubt either of these is happening.
Turn your hope towards Thor shining in his own comics.
Fraction does write a pretty powerful Thor .

In fact , iirc , Thor punked the Surfer like nearly a bajillion times at least in Fraction's Mighty Thor issues .

vince_slice
Fraction's Thor is like a bloodlusted barbarian. Fraction's Surfer is like an emotionless sociopath.

h1a8
Is Thanos coming back? Is Thor supposed to fight him soon? If so then in what comic?

JakeTheBank
He came back in Avengers Assemble a couple of months ago.

It is a horrific and truly awful book.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He came back in Avengers Assemble a couple of months ago.

It is a horrific and truly awful book.

Thanks, is Thor suppose to fight him?

Stoic
It's called a combo to ko. Anyone can be drop this way if the stipulations are met:

1. Each hit is a stunning hit
2. Each hit (except first) is applied before the stun effect from the previous hit wears off.

Also there is no proof that Thanos hits harder than a non holding back BRB or Thor.
The only feat we have that's debatable is the feat against Surfer. But IMO, Thor or BRB could possibly do the same if they hit Surfer 7 times with all their might trying to kill him. Plus the Godblast>>>>>>Any of Thanos blasts.

That said, Thanos wins this. It's only a hard won fight for Thanos if Thor fights at his best.

But could either of them sit there and smile while the Surfer blasts them in the face with his best power cosmic shots?

The Sorrow
The cover for the next issue
http://funnybookbabylon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/avnass2012008_cov-col.jpg

Sundipped
^
Thanos got a CC.
They should be phucked.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Sundipped
^
Thanos got a CC.
They should be phucked.
Honestly I don't think they will beat him straight up, plus they have the rest of the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy backing them up anyway. Last issue Thanos easily beat the Elders of the Universe including the In-Betweener with the man-made Cosmic Cube so for the Avengers to beat him down would be extreme PIS. They will probably bait him into fighting on their level like Thanos' first encounter with a CC and use it on him or something.

Sundipped
^
Right. Looked like he 1 - shot them all. He was too much for the Avengers the first time when he fought on their level in the case you're talking about. Even tho he'll most likely endure a plot based defeat, we can expect a good showing from him.

Damborgson
Lol no. under anyone rational what you guys said makes a whole lotta sense. Under Bendis? He'll probably recruit Thanos into the New Avengers and be Luke Cages second in command.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
But could either of them sit there and smile while the Surfer blasts them in the face with his best power cosmic shots?

What does that question have to do with my post?
I stated Thanos wins this without trouble. Thanos gets problems if Thor decides to fight smart though. But Thanos still wins in the end.

My post was against Galan who said that since BRB dropped Thor then Thanos can do it easier. This implied that Thanos could hit harder than BRB which is unproven.

Blasts=/=blunt force attacks. Hulk, Thor , and other heralds affected Thanos very well with blunt force attacks. Thanos never was unaffected against those type of attacks against herald level force. Also the SS blast against Thanos feat was a low showing for SS. SS has destroyed planets with blasts (he was upgraded since his encounter with Thanos). SS also has black hole blasts which would seriously damage Thanos each time.

JakeTheBank

Probably alongside Hulk and others if anything.

Nihilist
What does that question have to do with my post?
I stated Thanos wins this without trouble. Thanos gets problems if Thor decides to fight smart though. But Thanos still wins in the end.

My post was against Galan who said that since BRB dropped Thor then Thanos can do it easier. This implied that Thanos could hit harder than BRB which is unproven.

Blasts=/=blunt force attacks. Hulk, Thor , and other heralds affected Thanos very well with blunt force attacks. Thanos never was unaffected against those type of attacks against herald level force. Also the SS blast against Thanos feat was a low showing for SS. SS has destroyed planets with blasts (he was upgraded since his encounter with Thanos). SS also has black hole blasts which would seriously damage Thanos each time. how many times can you lie in 1 post

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Nihilist
the warden just called, its time for you to go back to your padded cell.

laughing out loud

Tar-Antado
http://funnybookbabylon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/avnass2012008_cov-col.jpg

If people meant Thor will beat Thanos next issue by hitting the Titan's knee with his testicles - yeah it looks like it.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
If people meant Thor will beat Thanos next issue by hitting the Titan's knee with his testicles - yeah it looks like it.
I'm not optimistic either, the last issue was kinder to Thor but pretty much all he's done so far is get KO'd and play 2nd fiddle to Hulk.

Sh3nG L0nG
Originally posted by Tar-Antado

looks to me like Thanos is taking a mjolnir shot to his nut sack.

Horrificus
http://funnybookbabylon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/avnass2012008_cov-col.jpg That is an incredibly cool picture.

Branlor Swift
There's no logical way they defeat Thanos outside extreme plot. But they'll probably just knock the CC out of his hands while Hawkeye elect arrows him out.

Luke Cage appears for some reason to tie Thanos up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.