God Blast Vs.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sh3nG L0nG
I've heard many a time that the God Blast is the most powerful attack by anyone in the herald class and below. my question is, where would rank superman's FTL planet busting attacks? the one where he flies through a massively large object at FTL speed and destroys. should he choose to use this tactic on another character, would it be as devastating as a GB?
provide your reasons for or against.

psycho gundam
sub grey hulk level smile

get mad, abhi

dmills
haermm

pym-ftw
IMPs are close but the GB is a Trans (atleast) attack on a herald level character

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
I've heard many a time that the God Blast is the most powerful attack by anyone in the herald class and below. my question is, where would rank superman's FTL planet busting attacks? the one where he flies through a massively large object at FTL speed and destroys. should he choose to use this tactic on another character, would it be as devastating as a GB?

W/c planet did Superman bust?

carver9
Originally posted by Nibedicus
W/c planet did Superman bust?

None. He is talking about the moon busting ft.

Starscream M
Originally posted by pym-ftw
IMPs are close but the GB is a Trans (atleast) attack on a herald level character

Godblast barely tickled juggernaut

juggerman
Originally posted by Starscream M

thumb up

carver9
What does that have to do with anything? Classic Jugs tanked EVERYTHING that was thrown his way. The guy was ok after an assault from the Exemplers...beings that is as powerful as Thor individually. This doesn't include him tanking an attack from "The Stranger" and the list goes on. Using Juggernaut as a pedestal isn't the best route to take.

pym-ftw
It physically pushed the juggernaut back, something no one in the herald range can claim

JakeTheBank
It was a weakened Godblast as well.

juggerman
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Eh

Silent Master

Obvious troll is obvious.

JakeTheBank
Thor was having seizures and clearly wasn't in the best health prior to using the Godblast. The Godblast itself relies on Thor's vitality and life force as fuel. Ergo, it makes sense that the Godblast he used wasn't his most powerful.

Not only that, but like Carver said, classic Juggernaut tanking an attack doesn't invalidate its power level, especially considering his durability/force field and the fact the the Godblast has consistently messed up people well above heralds.

Starscream M
Thor was having seizures and clearly wasn't in the best health prior to using the Godblast. The Godblast itself relies on Thor's vitality and life force as fuel. Ergo, it makes sense that the Godblast he used wasn't his most powerful.

Not only that, but like Carver said, classic Juggernaut tanking an attack doesn't invalidate its power level, especially considering his durability/force field and the fact the the Godblast has consistently messed up people well above heralds. oh give it a rest jake, and stop making lame unprovable excuses

that was the same godblast as the others, it wasn't stated to be weaker.

also, Im not invalidating its power, but to point out it isn't a translevel attack as someone stated, since a translevel attack should hurt juggernaut

juggerman

Thor also said he flet better as was no longer suffering those ill effects. Ergo-er, it stands to reason the Godblast was fine. big grin

Don't you know that agreeing with Carver makes you wrong? stick out tongue

carver9
oh give it a rest jake, and stop making lame unprovable excuses

also, Im not invalidating its power, but to point out it isn't a translevel attack as someone stated, since a translevel attack should hurt juggernaut

Starscream, no homo but you are my buddy BUT even though I think you are a cool guy, I'm not understanding your posts. Didn't you rank Juggernaut durability over Galactus? So why are you using Juggernaut as a pedestal when you ranked his durability in the abstract range? I'm not understanding.

JakeTheBank

You could always try reading Thor comics for once, but that might be too much work for you.

The Godblast is Thor literally taking his life force, channelling it through the hammer, and blasting away with it. Why on Earth would a Thor who's suffering from illness be able to put forth just as potent a Godblast as a healthy Thor?

Yeah, you kinda are. The technique itself was the same as all the other times, but the intensity/power of it clearly was not. It would be like comparing Superman's mild heat vision (the one that singes Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman) to his displays of heat vision that seals holes in reality or contribute an unknown quantity of energy toward the Big Bang. Yeah, it's the same ability, just operating on completely different scales.

Thor's Godblast which pushed back Juggernaut and made him feel vertigo =/= the Godblast which scared Galactus, shattered Exitar's dome, crippled Zelia of the Dark Gods, forcibly BFRed Ymir and Surtur, held up 1/4 of reality, etc.

It would really help if you actually knew what you were talking about before putting in your input, just saying.

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
Starscream, no homo but you are my buddy BUT even though I think you are a cool guy, I'm not understanding your posts. Didn't you rank Juggernaut durability over Galactus? So why are you using Juggernaut as a pedestal when you rank his durability in the abstract range? I'm not understanding. carver you make a good point

I do put juggernaut over galactus...but the majority of kmc posters don't...hence I am using this example as an ultimate checkmate

either they agree with me that juggy is more durable than galactus or they agree with me that thors godblast isn't trans

either way I win smile

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by juggerman
Thor also said he flet better as was no longer suffering those ill effects. Ergo-er, it stands to reason the Godblast was fine. big grin

Don't you know that agreeing with Carver makes you wrong? stick out tongue

Thor not experienced a seizure as he used the Godblast =/= Thor being healthy. Compare that Godblast with all the other Godblasts Thor has done and it's almost laughable to actually say they were the same in power/intensity.

Same move/ability, sure. Different scales of power to be certain.

Carver's right every once in a while.

pym-ftw

What high herald lvl attack can physically hurt juggs,

Even better what trans level characters can physically put down juggs?

carver9
carver you make a good point

I do put juggernaut over galactus...but the majority of kmc posters don't...hence I am using this example as an ultimate checkmate

either they agree with me that juggy is more durable than galactus or they agree with me that thors godblast isn't trans

either way I win smile

Aaaaahhhh, ok, I'm out of this then.

Starscream M
You could always try reading Thor comics for once, but that might be too much work for you.

The Godblast is Thor literally taking his life force, channelling it through the hammer, and blasting away with it. Why on Earth would a Thor who's suffering from illness be able to put forth just as potent a Godblast as a healthy Thor?

Yeah, you kinda are. The technique itself was the same as all the other times, but the intensity/power of it clearly was not. It would be like comparing Superman's mild heat vision (the one that singes Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman) to his displays of heat vision that seals holes in reality or contribute an unknown quantity of energy toward the Big Bang. Yeah, it's the same ability, just operating on completely different scales.

Thor's Godblast which pushed back Juggernaut and made him feel vertigo =/= the Godblast which scared Galactus, shattered Exitar's dome, crippled Zelia of the Dark Gods, forcibly BFRed Ymir and Surtur, held up 1/4 of reality, etc.

It would really help if you actually knew what you were talking about before putting in your input, just saying. jake, either show me direct evidence from ANY comic that states that thor's godblast fluctutes in power or keep your patronizing trap shut on the matter

I care little for your 'interpretations'....as far as I know, comics have NEVER stated the godblast fluctuates....and to compare it to heat vision is ludicrous, and strips you of the little credibility you might have had

JakeTheBank

either way I win smile

Or you can understand the Godblast's intensity varies on its showings.

Starscream M

Even better what trans level characters can physically put down juggs? Onslaught did

JakeTheBank
jake, either show me direct evidence from ANY comic that states that thor's godblast fluctutes in power or keep your patronizing trap shut on the matter

I care little for your 'interpretations'....as far as I know, comics have NEVER stated the godblast fluctuates....and to compare it to heat vision is ludicrous, and strips you of the little credibility you might have had

Direct evidence that the Godblast flucuates can be seen in the actual showings of the Godblast itself. no expression

Seriously, Bruce, I'm getting tired of your rampant misinformation.

At its lowest showing, it manages to push back Juggernaut and force him to experience vertigo. At it's highest showing, it provided power enough to hold up reality itself from collapsing. And in its middle-ish displays, it's enough to rock Skyfathers (Zelia, Surtur, Ymir, Hungry "Classic" Galactus).

Doesn't take rocket science to put 2 + 2 to get 4.

I compared to heat vision in the sense that the same offensive attack has various outputs of power, for the record, dooder. Pretty much every notable energy attack in comics does. Still doesn't change the fact that the Godblast's "average" is well above a herald level attack.

pym-ftw

either way I win smile
Would you put cyttorak over galactus?

Starscream M
Would you put cyttorak over galactus? hard to say

pym-ftw
You would have to say yes, if you think juggs > galactus

Starscream M
You would have to say yes, if you think juggs > galactus I think juggs durability > galactus, not that juggs is > galactus

pym-ftw
In order for juggs durability to be amped above galactus then cyttorak must be above

pym-ftw
Onslaught did
Onslaught is well above trans

TheGodKiller
If your definition of "barely tickled" means "an unaccustomed moment of vertigo", then you're spot-on .

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
If your definition of "barely tickled" means "an unaccustomed moment of vertigo", then you're spot-on .

Starscream has never read any Thor comics, he just finds someone that dislikes the same character he does and then repeats their arguments.

evil face

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Silent Master
Starscream has never read any Thor comics, he just finds someone that dislikes the same character he does and then repeats their arguments.

evil face
Bruce is well.....Bruce .

But the thing is that one doesn't even need to read the comics for sh1t like this(Thor vs Juggernaut) . There are so many threads, on so many different forums, based on this topic, and the entire fight is posted in the Juggernaut and Thor Respect threads .

Raptor22
The God blast does differ in power. The one he used on exitar shattered mjolnir from the power he channeled thru it even though it was reinforced with his belt of strength.

abhilegend
Krona buster and counter-vibrations both are superior to GB. Galactus recently tanked a highly amped godblast without any problem.

abhilegend

Even better what trans level characters can physically put down juggs?
Merged hulk nearly twoshotted him, captain universe beat the crap out of him and an early onslaught oneshotted him. The mythical invulnerability of juggernaut is just that, a myth.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by abhilegend
Krona buster and counter-vibrations both are superior to GB. Galactus recently tanked a highly amped godblast without any problem.

Lol. You talking about someone who was ready to bust the entire multiverse.

A Cosmic entitie tanked a herald level blast prove whats.

Damborgson
Galactus recently tanked a highly amped godblast without any problem. Pretty sure that wasn't a godblast. It's never beend displayed as anything but a direct beam of energy. Never as crackling lighting like the attack used on Galactus, scrier, and other.

abhilegend
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Lol. You talking about someone who was ready to bust the entire multiverse.

A Cosmic entitie tanked a herald level blast prove whats.
Hyperbole.

That the galactus from 4 decades prior who was compared to a watcher in power and who was getting his shit pushed in by Ego running away from GB isn't comparable to current galactus who vaporises watchers as a side effect.

carver9
Hyperbole.

That the galactus from 4 decades prior who was compared to a watcher in power and who was getting his shit pushed in by Ego running away from GB isn't comparable to current galactus who vaporises watchers as a side effect.

Good point.

eaebiakuya
Hyperbole.

No, it was not a hyperbole. The Oblivion was ready to take the reality for himself - and thats only happens when the multiverse is destroyed.

I Agree Galactus had a lot of low showings in the past, but most of then was when he was very starving.

But actual Galactus beated Celestiais, outlasted everyone in Cancerverse battle, etc.

A well fed Galactus will never be affected by any herald level power. Even a kamikaze Odin headbutt dont did much to a hungry version.

Lets not talk about a well fed (the one who receveid a amped godblast).

Say a well fed Galactus tanking a amped godblast is a bad feat for that, is non sense.

abhilegend
No, it was not a hyperbole. The Oblivion was ready to take the reality for himself - and thats only happens when the multiverse is destroyed.

I Agree Galactus had a lot of low showings in the past, but most of then was when he was very starving.

But actual Galactus beated Celestiais, outlasted everyone in Cancerverse battle, etc.

A well fed Galactus will never be affected by any herald level power. Even a kamikaze Odin headbutt dont did much to a hungry version.

Lets not talk about a well fed (the one who receveid a amped godblast).

Say a well fed Galactus tanking a amped godblast is a bad feat for that, is non sense.
Still a hyperbole.

You missed my point, galactus at the time when he nearly died from GB is very different than current galactus even in hungry state. Untill Byrne made him a third constant of the universe alongside eternity and death, galactus was no more powerful than a watcher even in fed state on general. Current galactus is far more powerful than in his past portrayals especially against herald level guys.

h1a8

No it wasn't. It had EXACTLY the same power that was used on Galactus. This is because the writer wanted it to be that way.

Not only that, but like Carver said, classic Juggernaut tanking an attack doesn't invalidate its power level, especially considering his durability/force field and the fact the the Godblast has consistently messed up people well above heralds. In comics a character can be weakened and yet perform above standards. Writer's intentions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>our speculations.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
No it wasn't. It had EXACTLY the same power that was used on Galactus. This is because the writer wanted it to be that way.

Yes, it was.

The Godblast is directly tied into Thor's life force/vitality.

the Darkone
When Thor used GB on Juggernaut he was ill, it states in the comic. GB fueled off of Thor's life force and godly energies and magnified through mjloner, Thor healthy was diminish in that arch, he could barley lifted a train car, so his GB would suffer from him not being 100%. GB caused Juggernaut to go backwards and causing him vertigo speaks volume on the power of GB.

Sidenote, Cyttorak durability is not greater than Galactus.

juggerman
Merged hulk nearly twoshotted him

Nope

Doon
Originally posted by the Darkone
When Thor used GB on Juggernaut he was ill, it states in the comic. GB fueled off of Thor's life force and godly energies and magnified through mjloner, Thor healthy was diminish in that arch, he could barley lifted a train car, so his GB would suffer from him not being 100%. GB caused Juggernaut to go backwards and causing him vertigo speaks volume on the power of GB.

Sidenote, Cyttorak durability is not greater than Galactus.

It's interesting that, when Thor used the Godblast against Exitar, he was concerned that Mjolnir would be unable to contain all the energes expended from his lifeforce. When he used it against Juggernaut, though, he had no such worries and did not opt to protect/enhance the hammer w/ his belt of strength.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/104470/2499594-letter_20.jpeg

Sabro

Lol a bigger tard than carver right here.

The Sorrow
Thor did actually state that he was feeling better after his seizures and seemed at full health again when he encountered Juggs for the second time. That being said resisting the godblast is Juggernauts most impressive durability feat.

juggerman
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Thor did actually state that he was feeling better after his seizures and seemed at full health again when he encountered Juggs for the second time. That being said resisting the godblast is Juggernauts most impressive durability feat.

thumb up

Thor was fine
Thor said he was fine
Thor looked like he was fine
Thor acted like he was fine

Therefore the Godblast was full power

Doon
thumb up

Therefore the Godblast was full power

Not necessarily. In the scan I posted earlier, Thor states "not even sacred Mjolnir can safely contain such energies"; and he proceeds to wrap his belt of strength around it. Subsequent to that, Mjolnir is, in fact, SHATTERED. That's significant! It shows that even the Godblast can be used at varying degrees of power. That the hammer was not destroyed when Thor used it against Juggernaut coupled with the fact that he didn't even bother to protect it w/ the aforementioned belt suggests that the Godblast Thor used against Juggernaut was -- at least -- less powerful than the force he attacked Exitar with. Both stories were written by the same author as well, that is, Tom DeFalco.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg

juggerman
How was the hammer fixed?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG

where he gets KO'd in the process?

Doon
How was the hammer fixed?

In the aftermath, a Celestial who took on the physical form of Thor greeted him and basically said the Celestials respected his bond with the hammer. They then proceeded to heal his wounds and fix Mjolnir. He was very happy.

Sh3nG L0nG

the Darkone
Originally posted by Doon
Not necessarily. In the scan I posted earlier, Thor states "not even sacred Mjolnir can safely contain such energies"; and he proceeds to wrap his belt of strength around it. Subsequent to that, Mjolnir is, in fact, SHATTERED. That's significant! It shows that even the Godblast can be used at varying degrees of power. That the hammer was not destroyed when Thor used it against Juggernaut coupled with the fact that he didn't even bother to protect it w/ the aforementioned belt suggests that the Godblast Thor used against Juggernaut was -- at least -- less powerful than the force he attacked Exitar with. Both stories were written by the same author as well, that is, Tom DeFalco.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg

Look at the scan again you see the gauntlets were destroyed in the process, they were designed to protect Thor hands, you can see they utter destroyed.

So in conclusion, the two stories from the same writer. Show us that their are different levels of the GB depending on Thor health, when he is not health or 100% his GB power out drops dramatically, when he is Health is causes some serious problems for Sky Fathers and above. Thor's GB did some damage in Thor Annual!!!

Doon
Originally posted by the Darkone
Look at the scan again you see the gauntlets were destroyed in the process, they were designed to protect Thor hands, you can see they utter destroyed.

So in conclusion, the two stories from the same writer. Show us that their are different levels of the GB depending on Thor health, when he is not health or 100% his GB power out drops dramatically, when he is Health is causes some serious problems for Sky Fathers and above. Thor's GB did some damage in Thor Annual!!!

I don't really think his physical health is a factor since the Godblast seems to draw upon his lifeforce energies within. In my opinion, Thor has the ability to gauge how powerful he wants the Godblast to be. For instance, if you look closely at the scan where he took on Exitar, Thor uttered very special words to enhance his godforce prior to unleashing it. When he took on Juggernaut, though, there was virtually no prep time. He just aimed and fired.

D-Block
I agree with Doon. I think Thor can control how powerful the blast is.

Tar-Antado
The blast powered by Thor, SS and that Scrier pawn left the 3 so drained they were rendered unconscious until they were revived by Galactus.

the Darkone
Originally posted by D-Block
I agree with Doon. I think Thor can control how powerful the blast is.

Like Jake said, Thor was having seizures and really couldn't focus on his GB which it does come from his godly energies/life force, saw the different in power out put, yes I agree that Thor can control his the power output the GB, like he did against Gladiator in Thor vol.2 35, it literally F Gladiator up, and the same with Zelia of the Dark Gods. Just that fight with Juggernaut, Thor wasn't at his best and GB was affected, he have to agree to disagree, but we can agree on that the GB is highly devastating when used at it's highest.

eaebiakuya
Against the Gladiator Thor dont has used the Godblast. Was a Mjolnir blast.

the Darkone
Against the Gladiator Thor dont has used the Godblast. Was a Mjolnir blast.

I think it was GB that put him down, then Thor Girl f him up big time.

abhilegend
Nope
Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.