How Many Heralds Does It Take To Beat Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
1. Thor
2. Thor, BRB
3. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer
4. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam
5. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam, Captain Marvel
6. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Superman
7. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Superman, Gladiator
8. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Superman, Gladiator, King Hyperion
9. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Superman, Gladiator, King Hyperion, Void Sentry

pym-ftw
2 if they fight highly exotic

5 if ic

BTW Voidtry > Herald

Damborgson
does Thanos have tech to prevent bfr?

psycho gundam
two things: 1, if you take thanos vs tyrant as thanos facing an equal, and 2, remember that tyrant bodied like 8 heralds on two separate occasions, thanos could quite possible stomp most of these guys en masse

but that's being almost quan-level in generosity towards thanos

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Damborgson
does Thanos have tech to prevent bfr? yes

Damborgson
anyone that can back Big-C's statement?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Damborgson
anyone that can back Big-C's statement? Oh I thought it was an OP type question

armedforbattle
I would say once Captain Marvel gets involved (round 5) thanos is donr

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
two things: 1, if you take thanos vs tyrant as thanos facing an equal, and 2, remember that tyrant bodied like 8 heralds on two separate occasions, thanos could quite possible stomp most of these guys en masse

but that's being almost quan-level in generosity towards thanos

Those Heralds were weakened when Tyrant faced them. Let's not forget, Tyrant was leaching off of their power, so thats not a valid argument. What makes it even less valid is...Thanos was amped off of Tyrant power (the orb) when he faced him.

Thor and Bill wins.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by carver9
Those Heralds were weakened when Tyrant faced them. Let's not forget, Tyrant was leaching off of their power, so thats not a valid argument. What makes it even less valid is...Thanos was amped off of Tyrant power (the orb) when he faced him.

Thor and Bill wins.

The heralds were weakened when they faced Tyrant the first time. However, the second time around, Terrax, Ganymede, Legacy, and Jack of Hearts were not weakened and still couldn't do much against him.

And there is no evidence that Thanos used the orb for anything other than a weapon for a single blast and to physically hit Tyrant with it. It's a moot point anyways since Thanos increased his strength even further after The End.

Thanos starts having problems at 5. He loses at either 6 or 7.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celestialdemon
The heralds were weakened when they faced Tyrant the first time. However, the second time around, Terrax, Ganymede, Legacy, and Jack of Hearts were not weakened and still couldn't do much against him.

And there is no evidence that Thanos used the orb for anything other than a weapon for a single blast and to physically hit Tyrant with it. It's a moot point anyways since Thanos increased his strength even further after The End.

Thanos starts having problems at 5. He loses at either 6 or 7.
You aren't comparing terrax and others to the heralds who faced tyrant, are you? The only one notable in that group is terrax who just had an extended fight with morg. Thanos didn't do much against tyrant too and fighting teambusters don't make a character teambuster anyway. When did thanos amped his strength after The End? There is no showing of thanos fighting teams that indicates he gets past 3, thor alone has stalemated him many times.

PillarofOsiris
I'd agree he's definitely not beating 3. Like someone said earlier, if they get exotic, 2 could concievably take him down.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by abhilegend
You aren't comparing terrax and others to the heralds who faced tyrant, are you? The only one notable in that group is terrax who just had an extended fight with morg. Thanos didn't do much against tyrant too and fighting teambusters don't make a character teambuster anyway. When did thanos amped his strength after The End? There is no showing of thanos fighting teams that indicates he gets past 3, thor alone has stalemated him many times.

Thanos has taken down the Avengers before, was beating the Guardian, and annihilated the Revengers. When has Thor ever stalemated Thanos on his own before?

Yes, they can be compared to the heralds who faced them before because 3 of them (Terrax, Jack, and Ganymede) had fought Tyrant the first time but after they had been drained. That wasn't the case the second time, yet they still had no chance against Tyrant.

While not clearly stated that his power was increased, Thanos stated that he gave himself "life assuring wishes" aside from his armada, and now he can perform feats of power that he hadn't shown before (blasting Galactus through his ship, withstanding and defeating the Maker). So if he didn't get a power increase then, he got it from somewhere.

-Pr-

abhilegend
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thanos has taken down the Avengers before, was beating the Guardian, and annihilated the Revengers. All good and dandy but in Avengers there was only thor as a herald, GOTG has no heralds, revengers were alternate reality fodders. First cosmic war, Infinity gauntlet, Infinity Crusade.

Terrax is the only herald in that team, a low herald. Jack and Ganymede aren't heralds. As they shouldn't. In comparison Morg had upper hand on thanos in the last issue before.

Too vague to be an amp. Thanos always had that kind of energy blasts like matching In-betweener's blasts or breaking Lord Order and Master chaos' cage of In-betweener in thanos quest. She oneshotted him in the prior issue. The only reason he withstood her blasts was because he was gradually shutting down her mind which was already lobotomized by a below emma frost level telepath in Oracle. Not enough. Thanos hasn't had an amp in power since Thanos Quest.

DarkSaint85
Black Adam is all that's needed.

celestialdemon
All good and dandy but in Avengers there was only thor as a herald, GOTG has no heralds, revengers were alternate reality fodders.

And Thanos has tanked attacks from Thor and Silver Surfer. Heralds don't cause him problems.

First cosmic war, Infinity gauntlet, Infinity Crusade.

The only stalemate was when Thor had warrior madness and the power gem. In the Infinity Gauntlet and Crusade, they only went one on one after Thanos had already taken out other people and even then it was only for a panel or two.

Terrax is the only herald in that team, a low herald. Jack and Ganymede aren't heralds. As they shouldn't. In comparison Morg had upper hand on thanos in the last issue before.

Morg knocked Thanos down and was about to use his axe before Ganymede jumped in. Big deal.

My point about the team that faced Tyrant is it didn't matter if they were weakened or not. They had no chance against him.

Too vague to be an amp. Thanos always had that kind of energy blasts like matching In-betweener's blasts or breaking Lord Order and Master chaos' cage of In-betweener in thanos quest.

No, he hasn't always had that kind of energy. He said he would do his best to match the In-Betweener's output, but Thanos is not in his weight class at all. If he always had that kind of power, then his blasts against both Odin and Tyrant should have had a lot more effect than they did (which was virtually none).

She oneshotted him in the prior issue. The only reason he withstood her blasts was because he was gradually shutting down her mind which was already lobotomized by a below emma frost level telepath in Oracle.

Regardless of the reason, he still survived a blast from a near cosmic cube-level being.

Not enough. Thanos hasn't had an amp in power since Thanos Quest.

But he has shown far more power now than he ever had back then.

Batman-Prime
It takes one Herald to beat another Herald.
shifty

h1a8
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
1. Thor
2. Thor, BRB
8. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Superman, Gladiator, King Hyperion
9. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Superman, Gladiator, King Hyperion, Void Sentry
Thor could give Thanos one hell of a fight and thus adding anyone to the mix causes Thanos to lose handily.

Superman at his best (using his speed like he has shown) can beat Thanos.
non jobbing Surfer fighting at his best (smart) can beat Thanos as well.

Gladiator at his best can give Thanos hell too.

IMO, in general
Two high heralds can normally beat Thanos.

Angel Watching
5. Thor, BRB, Silver Surfer, Black Adam, & Captain Marvel puts him down. 4. gives him a fight.

Endless Mike
>9000

basilisk
2 should give him a good fight, but BRB can be inconsistent and Thor is not at his best lately.
3 should be able to pull off wins, but again see above.
4 should win a majority
5 definite majority. They are starting to dominate.
6 and above will beat him down every time.

At 9 he will be getting wrecked like a damn ragdoll.

Odekahn
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor could give Thanos one hell of a fight and thus adding anyone to the mix causes Thanos to lose handily.

Superman at his best (using his speed like he has shown) can beat Thanos.
non jobbing Surfer fighting at his best (smart) can beat Thanos as well.

Gladiator at his best can give Thanos hell too.

IMO, in general
Two high heralds can normally beat Thanos.

Agreed.

Philosophía
2. Maybe 3.

ODG

the Darkone
About the same as Avenger/Xmen took on PF Cyclops!!!

Odekahn
None.

Just Hawkeye and a quiver full of arrows.

I'm KIDDING.

8swords
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Black Adam is all that's needed.

I would say SS is all that's needed, but it is Thanos

deathlife

rotiart
Antimatter grenade?

TheOneFirestorm
1. Thor
2. Thor, BRB

1. Thor Could beat him in a Hard Fight.
2. It would take some time but the Hammer Brothers would smash Thanos.
3. Unless Silver Surfer is holding back Thanos is able to keep this from being a blowout for 40 possibly a minute before it becomes a blowout.
4. Thirty seconds or under before this becomes a blowout. Black Adam uses the lighting bolt, Thor and BRB both attack Thanos with their hammers, and Silver Surfer shoots him with energy beams.
5 to 9 They steamroll him from start to finish which would be even before the first round is over if using boxing rounds.

Nihilist
Haha good one

KuRuPT Thanosi
All good and dandy but in Avengers there was only thor as a herald, GOTG has no heralds, revengers were alternate reality fodders. First cosmic war, Infinity gauntlet, Infinity Crusade.

Too vague to be an amp. Thanos always had that kind of energy blasts like matching In-betweener's blasts or breaking Lord Order and Master chaos' cage of In-betweener in thanos quest. She oneshotted him in the prior issue. The only reason he withstood her blasts was because he was gradually shutting down her mind which was already lobotomized by a below emma frost level telepath in Oracle. Not enough. Thanos hasn't had an amp in power since Thanos Quest.

Sometimes man... You just have NO clue.

He never stalemated him in those issues you reference.. nor was the only one attacking Thanos. nice try though. Thanos on the hand has two shot thor with ease IN HIS WEAKEST FORM. That was a Thor with help. Thanos has also stopped Thor's hammer with a mere gesture and proceeds to talk to him like mere nuisance.. not somebody he's worried about in the least.

Morg had the upperhand.. WTF... do you know how to view.. read.. and then comprehend a comic? I mean really. Morg attackes Thanos when he wasn't looking..by tackling him to the ground... WOW... HOLY CRAP... Did you forget the rest... Morg then tries to strike Thanos wiith the ax.. THANOS BLOCKS IT.. then morg gets grabbed and Thanos ONE SHOTS HIM WITH EASE. Did you see that part ONE SHOTS HIM WITH EASE.

Show the scan of him GRADUALLY shutting down her mind... That is false. He beat he down AND THEN SHUT DOWN HER MIND. There was no constant mind rape going on there. More lies. You really haven't gotten much right in that post of yours.

Thanos can and has one shot heralds... two shot heralds and put them down with relative.. WHILE LAUGHING at their pissed off angry blasts. Not sure if he clears it... but he certainly can beat 4 or 5 heralds at once.

h1a8
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

Thanos can and has one shot heralds... two shot heralds and put them down with relative.. WHILE LAUGHING at their pissed off angry blasts. Not sure if he clears it... but he certainly can beat 4 or 5 heralds at once.

That's phucking crazy. A serious Thor would give Thanos major problems (I'm not talking about a jobbing Thor but a high end one). You can't tell me Thanos is beating 4 or 5 Thors at the same time. That's asinine beyond belief.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why is that hard to believe... Thanos is decently above thor... Thor is his ENTIRE HISTORY has never beat Thanos one v one... Shit he can't even beat Thanos with help or an amp. What on God's green earth makes you believe they are even close to the same level. To use basketball to show their difference... If Thor is Monta Ellis (a good player) Thanos is Lebron. Sure Thor is a good NBA player.. but the level between the two are very clear and extensive.

Next, why would you compare Thanos having to beat 4 or 5 Thor's as opposed to what we have heve here... . Neither CM, Superman or Surfer fight like Thor or even use the same techniques as Thor. So, no it's not the same as beating 4 or 5 THor's.

abhilegend
Sometimes man... You just have NO clue.

He never stalemated him in those issues you reference.. nor was the only one attacking Thanos. nice try though. Thanos on the hand has two shot thor with ease IN HIS WEAKEST FORM. That was a Thor with help. Thanos has also stopped Thor's hammer with a mere gesture and proceeds to talk to him like mere nuisance.. not somebody he's worried about in the least.

Morg had the upperhand.. WTF... do you know how to view.. read.. and then comprehend a comic? I mean really. Morg attackes Thanos when he wasn't looking..by tackling him to the ground... WOW... HOLY CRAP... Did you forget the rest... Morg then tries to strike Thanos wiith the ax.. THANOS BLOCKS IT.. then morg gets grabbed and Thanos ONE SHOTS HIM WITH EASE. Did you see that part ONE SHOTS HIM WITH EASE.

Show the scan of him GRADUALLY shutting down her mind... That is false. He beat he down AND THEN SHUT DOWN HER MIND. There was no constant mind rape going on there. More lies. You really haven't gotten much right in that post of yours.

facepalm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Concession accepted

abhilegend
Concession accepted
Lulz. Its too early here for me to dissect your usual "DUDE, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH". I'll do it once I'll have my tea. Don't start copying quan, he's a different beast.

Mindset

Colossus-Big C
87? the hell

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset

Really. Rapeset, really???

I expected better from you.

I sat down and crunched the numbers. You forgot to carry the 2, its more like 85.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Lulz. Its too early here for me to dissect your usual "DUDE, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH". I'll do it once I'll have my tea. Don't start copying quan, he's a different beast.

How much tea do you need? I dissected your post with no coffee or tea.. it was that easy.

abhilegend
How much tea do you need? I dissected your post with no coffee or tea.. it was that easy.
Maybe I just forgot about it. You seem too eager about it though.

abhilegend
Sometimes man... You just have NO clue. You never have a clue.

Don't act like you actually read the comics I mentioned No, he was still standing after two shots. Thanos said that a few more shots would take him out. Thing was oneshotted. And? His TK is on par with Rachel Summers? Never. Lulz.

Do you? Actually scratch that. No. Lulz. With terrax's axe because thanos is a ***** who can't take an axe shot. When characters borrow other things from characters, they are in trouble. None of that happened. Ganeymede distracted morg and thanos cheapshotted him. Morg wasn't out even then. No, because that comic wasn't published.

Why? Aren't you going to post the scan? LOL. Another LOL. crylaugh

No. Never happened. Surfer is a pussy anyway. ****ing lulz.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Really. Rapeset, really???

I expected better from you.

I sat down and crunched the numbers. You forgot to carry the 2, its more like 85. You used a calculator, that's cheating.

Mindset
87? the hell 87 Black Adams, to be exact.

h1a8
Why is that hard to believe... Thanos is decently above thor... Thor is his ENTIRE HISTORY has never beat Thanos one v one... Shit he can't even beat Thanos with help or an amp. What on God's green earth makes you believe they are even close to the same level. To use basketball to show their difference... If Thor is Monta Ellis (a good player) Thanos is Lebron. Sure Thor is a good NBA player.. but the level between the two are very clear and extensive.

Next, why would you compare Thanos having to beat 4 or 5 Thor's as opposed to what we have heve here... . Neither CM, Superman or Surfer fight like Thor or even use the same techniques as Thor. So, no it's not the same as beating 4 or 5 THor's. Everytime Thor fought Thanos it wasn't high end Thor. But we do have showings from Thor showing equality or competition (masterson especially).

In all honesty, I have a hard time see how Thanos can defend against two high end Thors at the same time. He doesn't block 100% of the time, especially energy blasts (he usually tanks them) and certainly not two attacks from different angles at the same time. Can Thanos tank two blasts 10 or a hundred fold of his own power? Thanos may or may not beat two Thors but 4 or 5 of them? Think about that.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Mindset
87 Black Adams, to be exact.
thumb up

DarkOdin
I say he lose at 2 and 3 and up he goes down, Thanos last showing against a team he got slapped around pretty good.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You never have a clue.

Don't act like you actually read the comics I mentioned No, he was still standing after two shots. Thanos said that a few more shots would take him out. Thing was oneshotted. And? His TK is on par with Rachel Summers? Never. Lulz.

Do you? Actually scratch that. No. Lulz. With terrax's axe because thanos is a ***** who can't take an axe shot. When characters borrow other things from characters, they are in trouble. None of that happened. Ganeymede distracted morg and thanos cheapshotted him. Morg wasn't out even then. No, because that comic wasn't published.

Why? Aren't you going to post the scan? LOL. Another LOL. crylaugh

No. Never happened. Surfer is a pussy anyway. ****ing lulz.

You're a complete and utter buffon. I mean really lulz.

You post scans only to tool yourself. Just as I stated... in the scans you posted Thor had help in each of those situations. Thor is NEVER enough to take out thanos alone... nor do they send in Thor alone. They send TEAMS after Thanos. Wondery why? I just love when you tool yourself.. it's hilarious. I say he had help in the scans you posted.. you laughed at me and said I haven't read the comic.. only to post the scans and prove me right.. BWAHAHHAH

Let me get this straight.. So, Morg cheapshot tackling Thanos is cool... but Thanos blast a Morg being grabbed and that is a cheap shot? Wow you're an idiot. Don't act like you've read any of these comics in question cause you clearly haven't. By the way.. yet again.. you're a tool. I said Thanos one shot Morg. and laugh again only to tool yourself again. if morg is put down long enough for a forum win.. that is a one shot. Thanos ONE shot Morg.... This is a far cry from your orignal statement that Morg punked and got the better of Thanos... Idiot.

Your next blunder... I state Thanos has one shot heralds... another fact.. you laugh again.. only to have yourself tooled again. Why do you even bother arguing with me? So you can just get tooled over and over again. Thanos has ONE SHOT KILLED a high herald WITH THE SOUL GEM in Warlock. So, my statement was correct, and in fact, was even better.. He one shot killed a high herald with the soul gem. He's also one shot killed Drax.. another herald in T.I. Depends on where you rank Phyla.. but she was also one shot killed.

Your next blunder... you laugh at me and say it's false that Thanos has taken pissed off blasts from Heralds like it was nothing and smiled. That is EXACTLY what has happened. The example being Surfer.. which you admit. You're such an idiot that you laugh and say no.. only to admit I was correct.. facepalm..

your next mistake is saying Thor was still standing after two blasts from Thanos... False. Do you read comics? Thor was on his knee on the ground.. dazed and out of it. He was not standing like you claim. Then your same blunder and lack of basic logic.. I say that was a Thor with help.. you say no Thing was one shot... HUH... facepalm... So you admit Thor had help.. but it doesn't matter cause Thing was one shot in the process of attacking thanos with thor? You're a complete and utter buffon... I mean really... how much of a tooling can you take? I certainly hope more.. I need entertainment at work.

Branlor Swift
Thanos was weakened in Infinity War (or came out more powerful at the end of it)...

The whole eating his Thanos clone and all.

abhilegend
You're a complete and utter buffon. I mean really lulz. Laughed too hard to read any further. I mean coming this from the guy who argued that HP doomsday is just as strong as DOS doomsday, this is pure comedy gold. I'm not interested in your live commentry, provide a scan or stfu, I want a good laugh at your commentry. Your gibberish "tooling" isn't interesting anymore. Although I'm amused at your childish taunts and insults and trying to insinuate that I don't read comics. I mean thanos punched mar-vell from saturn to earth and matter manipulated a house, right? Lastly neither Warlock nor Phyla are high heralds. The rest is just gibberish with "tooling" typed randomly.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Laughed too hard to read any further. I mean coming this from the guy who argued that HP doomsday is just as strong as DOS doomsday, this is pure comedy gold. I'm not interested in your live commentry, provide a scan or stfu, I want a good laugh at your commentry. Your gibberish "tooling" isn't interesting anymore. Although I'm amused at your childish taunts and insults and trying to insinuate that I don't read comics. I mean thanos punched mar-vell from saturn to earth and matter manipulated a house, right? Lastly neither Warlock nor Phyla are high heralds. The rest is just gibberish with "tooling" typed randomly.

Warlock is certainly a high herald.. IN FACT THAT IS EXACTLY WHERE HE IS RANKED ON THE TIERS LIST FOR THIS SITE. Plus he had the soul gem.. Warlock is certainly a high herald. Owned. Phyla.. I never claimed was a high herald but she could be mid to low herald... Especially if we consider that avatar's of life or death come with some added benefits. Thanos did exactly that.. he punched marvel that far.. problem is the canocity of the comic not the feat. So he didn't MM the house? What happened then?

abhilegend
Warlock is certainly a high herald.. IN FACT THAT IS EXACTLY WHERE HE IS RANKED ON THE TIERS LIST FOR THIS SITE. Plus he had the soul gem.. Warlock is certainly a high herald. Owned. Phyla.. I never claimed was a high herald but she could be mid to low herald... Especially if we consider that avatar's of life or death come with some added benefits. Thanos did exactly that.. he punched marvel that far.. problem is the canocity of the comic not the feat. So he didn't MM the house? What happened then?
Writing in caps don't make you right neither does a faulty tier list which places swamp thing at mid herald and despero at trans level. Soul gem doesn't increase durability, phyla can be whatever avatar she wants to be. She is barely a low herald, nothing impressive. Phucking lulz @ just canonicity. He teleported the house.

Branlor Swift
Writing in caps don't make you right Yes it does.

Don't listen to him KT. I'm more swayed when I feel like you're yelling at me

KuRuPT Thanosi
I never yell at you Bran.. it's always you yelling at me sad I'm sad panda now just thinking about it.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by h1a8
Everytime Thor fought Thanos it wasn't high end Thor. But we do have showings from Thor showing equality or competition (masterson especially).

In all honesty, I have a hard time see how Thanos can defend against two high end Thors at the same time. He doesn't block 100% of the time, especially energy blasts (he usually tanks them) and certainly not two attacks from different angles at the same time. Can Thanos tank two blasts 10 or a hundred fold of his own power? Thanos may or may not beat two Thors but 4 or 5 of them? Think about that.

So without a IG, or with no prep Thanos would be overwhelmed.

The Merchant
An entire planet full of them. Frieza style. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.