Bor vs Superman and Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
No BFR

Pre Reboot DC characters

quanchi112
Bor wins.

Male Model
Bor and Thor only damaged a few blocks when they fought, they can't have been releasing much power.

pym-ftw
Bor

RangerDX
Bor via powerscaling and hype. The other two have decades of thousands of feats behind them tho.

Diesldude
Superman wins.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Male Model
Bor and Thor only damaged a few blocks when they fought, they can't have been releasing much power.

Power is not entirely dependent on area of effect though. Just potency.

Bor is more powerful than either.

Bor is also too slow to contend with either.

whacknasty
Eh, I think the team can take it. Two Thor level beings as far as strength and probably a little higher in durability (debatable with Supes, not sure about Cap Marvel though) along with their speed is a bad deal for anyone.

What are Bor's highest end magic feats? I think he will need them if he stands any chance

carver9
Bor win. Don't even know if these two can affect him.

guy222
Bor

Hyperion Prime
bor wins this. Comes down to him and captain marvel

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Bor win. Don't even know if these two can affect him.

Thor affected him and thus Superman can.
Superman wins.

iceman24567
Bor

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman wins.

Are you actually going to claim that it was a normal Thor that affected Bor?

pym-ftw
Superman wins.
This is what happens when you don't know the context

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Are you actually going to claim that it was a normal Thor that affected Bor? Nope, I know Thor had a portion of the OF. Even if he had the full portion of OF then still affecting Bor physically means that Superman can too.

I can't believe you quoted me in defense to Carver's crazy post. Why not quote and correct him? He said Superman can't affect Bor. What's crazier, my post or his?

h1a8
Originally posted by pym-ftw
This is what happens when you don't know the context

No one here is that ignorant. Every member on here has basic knowledge of main characters. Don't treat me like some noob. I'll be clear:

"If OF Thor can affect Bor physically then Superman can too."

pym-ftw
Yours, you have no basis

carver9
Nope, I know Thor had a portion of the OF. Even if he had the full portion of OF then still affecting Bor physically means that Superman can too.

I can't believe you quoted me in defense to Carver's crazy post. Why not quote and correct him? He said Superman can't affect Bor. What's crazier, my post or his?

The only thing that affected Bor during that entire fight is Thor hitting him so hard (an amped Thor) Mjlonir broke. No one here is doing that...sorry bro. I would give that version of Thor the majority against anyone here (minus Bor of course) and the only reason he had a opening is due to Bor standing in one spot powering up.

Silent Master
Nope, I know Thor had a portion of the OF. Even if he had the full portion of OF then still affecting Bor physically means that Superman can too.

So Superman is equal in power to Thor + Odin?

Damborgson
I would give that version of Thor the majority against anyone here (minus Bor of course) and the only reason he had a opening is due to Bor standing in one spot powering up.

They were trading blows and Thor beat Bor to the punch. Bor had stopped powering up at that point.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
They were trading blows and Thor beat Bor to the punch. Bor had stopped powering up at that point.

Aaaahhhh, ok. Thanks for the correction.

h1a8
So Superman is equal in power to Thor + Odin? In physical strength he's greater. Thor only had a portion of the OF. By feats Superman still trumps OF Thor by a bit. So again, if OF Thor can affect Bor physically then so can Superman.

Do you think Superman would have no affect on Bor (like Carver said)?

h1a8
Yours, you have no basis

Strength feats are my basis. Superman's strength feats>>>>>OF Thor's strength feats.

the Darkone
Bor wins, he puts superman in a coma or worse and Captain Marvel just get beat down!!

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Bor wins, he puts superman in a coma or worse and Captain Marvel just get beat down!! Bor got killed by OF Thor. Superman and Marvel would do worst as they are physically more powerful and far faster. Bor would get a severe beatdown.

pym-ftw
Superman can't shatter Mjoinir, that alone should tell you something

I thing if Clark and Billy work together they can pull wins, but to say superman > Odin Force Thor is foolish

Lord Feron
Bor

D-Block
Bor wins

Newjak
Bor's best attack feat might be the admission from Thor that Bor could have one-shot killed Classic Thor

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Newjak
Bor's best attack feat might be the admission from Thor that Bor could have one-shot killed Classic Thor

yea but that is hyperbole especially knowing thors history

Damborgson
What JMS was trying to say is clear though. He didn't say bor could one shot thor to confuse or anything.

zopzop
Bor's best attack feat might be the admission from Thor that Bor could have one-shot killed Classic Thor Originally posted by Damborgson
What JMS was trying to say is clear though. He didn't say bor could one shot thor to confuse or anything.
So he can survive this :
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3164/thorvsarishem1.jpg
But not one shot from Bor? Makes sense...........not.
Originally posted by Sin I AM
yea but that is hyperbole especially knowing thors history
Exactly.

Bor wins but Team gives him hell.

Naija boy
Bor wins

Damborgson
Zop Zop, unless you think nothing below celestial blasts can kill Thor, you'd be retarded but ok, then posting highest durability feat ever doesn't mean much.

zopzop
Zop Zop, unless you think nothing below celestial blasts can kill Thor, you'd be retarded but ok, then posting highest durability feat ever doesn't mean much.
Save your snarky comments. No one cares.

The point was, Thor's statement is HYPERBOLE. If I cared I could dig up more scans of Thor surviving ridiculous crap. So you'll excuse me if I don't believe Bor could one shot him.

And there we go :
Thor that tanked a disintegrating blast from the Destroyer without pause or damage.

Thanks Carver smile

carver9
It really doesn't matter if anyone believes Thor could survive a hit from Bor or not. Bor hit OF Thor so hard that it cracked his ribs. This is the same Thor that tanked a disintegrating blast from the Destroyer without pause or damage. Bor could cause some major damage to anyone of these combatants if he was to get a clean shot.

Silent Master
It's funny how Thor's high end feats suddenly count when it helps the chances of DC characters, but when it's Thor himself vs a DC character, only his recent low showings/jobbing count.

D-Block
It really doesn't matter if anyone believes Thor could survive a hit from Bor or not. Bor hit OF Thor so hard that it cracked his ribs. This is the same Thor that tanked a disintegrating blast from the Destroyer without pause or damage. Bor could cause some major damage to anyone of these combatants if he was to get a clean shot.

Male Model
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Power is not entirely dependent on area of effect though. Just potency.

Bor is more powerful than either.

Bor is also too slow to contend with either.

It's the rate at which energy is transferred, used or transformed the higher the power in a more condensed area the greater the distance of damage you good expect. You would expect to see stray blasts of a sky father 'not holding back' and remember Bor was supposed to be confused and 'not holding back', doing a bit more damage and travelling a bit further than a couple of blocks.

Agreed Bor is to slow and whilst he 'may' be more powerful, apart from hyperbole, nothing he did indicated he was.

As for people 'one shotting' classic Thor.... How hard is that?

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
So he can survive this :
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3164/thorvsarishem1.jpg
But not one shot from Bor? Makes sense...........not.

Exactly.

Bor wins but Team gives him hell. That was PIS and can't be used Zop. You seem to disregard the PIS rule on purpose. Stop that ok.

h1a8
It's funny how Thor's high end feats suddenly count when it helps the chances of DC characters, but when it's Thor himself vs a DC character, only his recent low showings/jobbing count. I doubt Zop is a dc fan. He's the main one implying that Thor PIS end feats count.

zopzop
That was PIS and can't be used Zop. You seem to disregard the PIS rule on purpose. Stop that ok.
Bor hit OF Thor so hard that it cracked his ribs. This is the same Thor that tanked a disintegrating blast from the Destroyer without pause or damage.
So, according to h1a8, Bor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Destroyer Armor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm sure there's more examples of beings more powerful than Bor failing to one shot kill Thor.

h1a8
So, according to h1a8, Bor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Destroyer Armor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm sure there's more examples of beings more powerful than Bor failing to one shot kill Thor.

1. Physical hits =/= energy blasts
2. The Celestial feat isn't usuable
3. Any skyfather oneshotting a top high herald level being is a low showing for the high herald.

quanchi112
That was PIS and can't be used Zop. You seem to disregard the PIS rule on purpose. Stop that ok. You can't dictate what's pis and what isn't.

pym-ftw
1. Physical hits =/= energy blasts
2. The Celestial feat isn't usuable
3. Any skyfather oneshotting a top high herald level being is a low showing for the high herald.
I don't agree with 3, if the high herald tanks a skyfathers best or even high lvl blast it should be pis unless it is rationalized

Male Model
Show me any indication Bor is that powerful because on panel collateral damage indicates the blows from Bor and Thor (when they battled) are nothing to those of WORLD BREAKER HULK or Superman Prime. Now those guys are tough!!!

Batman-Prime
Superman or CM solos.

Damborgson
Save your snarky comments. No one cares.

The point was, Thor's statement is HYPERBOLE. If I cared I could dig up more scans of Thor surviving ridiculous crap. So you'll excuse me if I don't believe Bor could one shot him.

/B]

or what? smile ****ing pansy.

No it isn't. Thor said it for a reason, and since it was the only fight Bor had at the time, it's the reason it was mentioned. Not to confuse, not to become hyperbole, and you don't show me anything. You can barely dress yourself let alone teach me anything about my boy.

PillarofOsiris
Team wins. By feats it's not even close.

Male Model
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman or CM solos.

Well said.

Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Team wins. By feats it's not even close.

It's actually almost spite.

zopzop
or what? smile ****ing pansy.p
Or nothing. It's just annoying. I'm not the one that goes running crying to Mods when I can't handle a discussion.

Yes it is, especially when we have on panel proof of Thor withstanding attacks by beings outside Bor's power level and surviving.

So it was hyperbole. It's not hard.

PillarofOsiris
Being able to one shot Thor isn't exactly a feat these days.

Silent Master
Bor wins

Damborgson

Or nothing. It's just annoying. I'm not the one that goes running crying to Mods when I can't handle a discussion.

Yes it is, especially when we have on panel proof of Thor withstanding attacks by beings outside Bor's power level and surviving.

So it was hyperbole. It's not hard.

Yeah, I don't care. That's good, neither am I.

Quit being dense. Are you seriously applying Thor's most high end feats ever and calling them his baseline durability? Thor's been killed by far far less than Celestial blasts or PF attacks or Galactus blasts or anything of the sort. If that was his standard thor wouldn't be getting put down by anyone under skyfather.

It's not hard, but you're not bright enough to get it apparently.

Being able to one shot Thor isn't exactly a feat these days.

This was before he had his record tainted. and a fair number of what phucked him up were just low showings anyway.

psycho gundam
your faith in thor is crumbling

Damborgson
Originally posted by psycho gundam
your faith in thor is crumbling
Hulk has his hands wrapped around Mjolnir. I don't have much left.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/DannyMyLove/Hayden%20Christensen/My%20Art/Crying.gif

Tony Stark
Bor

psycho gundam

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/DannyMyLove/Hayden%20Christensen/My%20Art/Crying.gif http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/palpatine_zps83b83a0d.gif

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design

CosmicComet

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/DannyMyLove/Hayden%20Christensen/My%20Art/Crying.gif Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/palpatine_zps83b83a0d.gif

haermm

quanchi112
Team wins. By feats it's not even close. Good thing feats aren't the complete equation. Bor wins.

Damborgson
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/palpatine_zps83b83a0d.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2xcls7PoO1qe2rrbo5_250.gif

I hate you!

CosmicComet
Damborgson was more pure a Thor fan than Rage.

He fought till the bitter end. It was a noble one man stand.

He kept getting one shot, mind you, but he kept coming back for more. Like a roach with regen or something.

psycho gundam
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2xcls7PoO1qe2rrbo5_250.gif

I hate you! http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/palpatinegif_zps25a433f9.jpg

Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

Damborgson

He kept getting one shot, mind you, but he kept coming back for more. Like a roach with regen or something.

I'm not finished yet.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8695/v27je6erojto5ox1yt3w.gif

There. Now I'm finished.

SevenShackles
Bor should win.
On that note this pic describes how I see this fight playing out.
http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/285787_375808185818977_407158039_n.jpg

psycho gundam
jake went into hiding

Damborgson
Didn't even say goodbye or anything. Hope he gets back soon thumb up

His training isn't forgotten.

http://www.doctornerdlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Yoda_SWSB.jpeg

quanchi112

He kept getting one shot, mind you, but he kept coming back for more. Like a roach with regen or something. If things keep going like they have been I may have to pick up mjolnir again.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by quanchi112
If things keep going like they have been I may have to pick up mjolnir again.

You may have to.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

-Pr-
Guys, back on topic please.

CosmicComet
sneer

ok. superman wins.

the Darkone
Bor wins

h1a8
Superman has the speed and necessary strength so he wins a Bor

Silent Master
Bor wins.

Male Model
Bor is weak sauce in terms of feats, his damage output and Thor's combined on panel, was barely more than Nitro and far less than someone like Damage fighting to the death.

Silent Master
Have you ever heard of context? his feats include fighting OF Thor, who is far more powerful than normal Thor...and normal Thor is an elite top tier.

Male Model
Have you ever heard of context? his feats include fighting OF Thor, who is far more powerful than normal Thor...and normal Thor is an elite top tier. and yet the blows they traded dented a few lamp posts and funniest of all when Bor cut lose, remember he thought the bystanders were demons or some such they got blown over, not incinerated, not dematerialized... Blown over.

Silent Master
Welcome to comics.

Male Model
Welcome to comics.

Concession accepted.

carver9
Stop using Collateral damage as a means of power level. Using your type of argument, WBH>>>>>>Galactus physically. It doesn't work like that bro.

Male Model
Stop using Collateral damage as a means of power level. Using your type of argument, WBH>>>>>>Galactus physically. It doesn't work like that bro. Surely it does in the context of cutting lose at 'bystanders' when you are fighting to the death and think they are demons. Surely it does when you are cutting lose and fighting to the death full stop. On panel feats for Bor and JMS OdinforceThor please. Otherwise all inferred power is hyperbolic.

Silent Master
Concession accepted.

Stop trolling.

carver9
Surely it does in the context of cutting lose at 'bystanders' when you are fighting to the death and think they are demons. Surely it does when you are cutting lose and fighting to the death full stop. On panel feats for Bor and JMS OdinforceThor please. Otherwise all inferred power is hyperbolic.

Black Adam and Superman cut lose and they didn't even level a city block. Captain Marvel while amped fought an abstract and they didn't even create a crater in the ground. An amped Thanos and Tyrant fought and the planet they were on was still intact. Superboy Prime and Ion fought and the most they did was ruin a freaking cemetery. Galactus and Tenebrous and Aegis cut lose and they didn't even dent the ground they were fighting on. Your logic is terrible.

Male Model
Stop trolling.

No one is trolling, I am merely asking for on panel proof to support your statements, re: Bor and his 'power output', he has no feats that indicate it is as high as some are stating. He was owned by Loki and damaged a few city blocks.

Damborgson
and yet the blows they traded dented a few lamp posts and funniest of all when Bor cut lose, remember he thought the bystanders were demons or some such they got blown over, not incinerated, not dematerialized... Blown over.

So? Do you want it so that every time big boys like Bor and Thor hit each other, entire cities are destroyed? That's ridiculous. Bor's power was shown and implied just fine. Just because the city and its people didn't look like Hiroshima doesn't mean his feats are any less good.

Male Model
So? Do you want it so that every time big boys like Bor and Thor hit each other, entire cities are destroyed? That's ridiculous. Bor's power was shown and implied just fine. Just because the city and its people didn't look like Hiroshima doesn't mean his feats are any less good.

Well... when Black Adam hits a mortal they are not blown down the road. Just a thought.

Damborgson
Well... when Black Adam hits a mortal they are not blown down the road. Just a thought.

So?

That doesn't take away from the point of why the city and its people are relatively intact tbh.

Male Model
So?

That doesn't take away from the point of why the city and its people are relatively intact tbh.

Even in the Nefaria Battle with the Avengers or the Gladiator Battle with the FF we had buildings being lifted. You see a hell of a lot more collateral damage.

Rao Kal El
This collateral damage issue can be easily handled by showing other instances of Thor fighting other characters that are not Bor under the same writer. Imo anyway

Male Model
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
This collateral damage issue can be easily handled by showing other instances of Thor fighting other characters that are not Bor under the same writer. Imo anyway

Explain that in more detail my friend, I'm not sure I see that completely as this fight was supposed to be between "Skyfathers". Loki owned Bor remember, he was easily affected by Loki's magic, would Odin or Thor have been?

Silent Master
No one is trolling, I am merely asking for on panel proof to support your statements, re: Bor and his 'power output', he has no feats that indicate it is as high as some are stating. He was owned by Loki and damaged a few city blocks.

I've seen Cyclops do more collateral damage than what was shown in the Odin vs Thanos fight. are you seriously trying to argue that Odin was using below Cyke level power in that fight?

Male Model
I've seen Cyclops do more collateral damage than what was shown in the Odin vs Thanos fight. are you seriously trying to argue that Odin was using below Cyke level power in that fight?

Remember that was in a mystical city and mainly on the bifrost. Not much to damage, it has also been argued that Asgard is an extension of the All Father at least in some ways.

Silent Master
So?

Male Model
So?

Not much to damage- Where as in a town their is.

zeel
Way top many superfags on theses boards theses days. Cap can do basically anything supes can within reason. Supes is not soloing bor. The team however may have a chance due to speed issues.

the superman fanboyisim on theses boards are ridiculous anymore.

Damborgson
Even in the Nefaria Battle with the Avengers or the Gladiator Battle with the FF we had buildings being lifted. You see a hell of a lot more collateral damage.

Again, so what? Are you suggesting the combatants were weaker because of less collateral damage?

Rao Kal El
Explain that in more detail my friend, I'm not sure I see that completely as this fight was supposed to be between "Skyfathers". Loki owned Bor remember, he was easily affected by Loki's magic, would Odin or Thor have been?

What I meant is this.

A) The writer decides to portray a skyfather at few blocks buster level.
, but decides to portray a herald at city buster level.

Then it means the asumption of someone being skyfather is wrong.

B) The writer decides to portray a skyfater at a few blocks buster level and decides to portray a herald at building buster level.

Then it means the assumption of someone being skyfather is correct.

IF the writer decides to estate on panel a power level then it has to be congruent with the showing.

Therefore if Bor shot at OF thor and he didnt got killed, but it estates that it would have killed his former self, then it will be wise to look for anotherr instance of Bor shoting someone on classic thor level, to see if the estament is correct. This has to be under the same writer.

But tbh i have not read those issues, so, since I do not know anything about Bor, that is why i decide just to read the debate.

I just thought it will be an easy way to get his power level based on panel.

the Darkone
Superman would have problems dealing with a ancient Asgardian who nearly killed Thor with one hit if wasn't for the Odin Force that saved Thor life and only suffered a broken rib. And took a death blow Mjolner to kill Bor in the process shattered Thor hammer, that's a lot about Bor. Superman will get dropped first, than I see Captain Marvel getting drop next since he does have magic resistance abilities; which Superman has none!

Male Model
Again, so what? Are you suggesting the combatants were weaker because of less collateral damage?

I am suggesting by on panel feats they have provided less proof. Remember how easily Loki owned Bor, has he ever owned Odin or Thor like that?

D-Block
I am suggesting by on panel feats they have provided less proof. Remember how easily Loki owned Bor, has he ever owned Odin or Thor like that?

I think Loki had prep

Damborgson

Bor went in thinking he was going to fight a frost giant. Instead he got Loki, who replicated the spell that originally turned him to snow. Bor had his guard lowered as said in the comic also.

Male Model
Not exactly an all seeing skyfather then.. Thanks for clarifying that.

the Darkone

Bor isn't consider omniscient, Odin is the only sky father that is omniscient, every sky father has cosmic awareness.

Male Model
Originally posted by the Darkone
Bor isn't consider omniscient, Odin is the only sky father that is omniscient, every sky father has cosmic awareness.

Proof?

zopzop
It's actually worst than that.

No one cares if he's all seeing. The fact that he couldn't stop or reverse the spell, once he was aware he was being attacked, is the pathetic part.

I still stand by my original post though. Bor wins but Team gives him hell.

DarkOdin
Explain that in more detail my friend, I'm not sure I see that completely as this fight was supposed to be between "Skyfathers". Loki owned Bor remember, he was easily affected by Loki's magic, would Odin or Thor have been? Loki stated that he could use his magic on Bor at the time because Bor was careless and didn't raise his magical defences agaisnt frost gaints b/c frost gaints don't use much magic, Loki also was able to take over Odin's body also so he has been able to effect skyfathers when caught off guard

the Darkone
Proof?

Read comics and bios, Odin is the only sky father that is truly omniscient if you go by handbooks, then yes Odin is the only omnisiscent and omnipotent sky father!

Surtur is not omnisiscent but he had arcane wisdom

Damborgson

No, of course not. He's trans. Nothing to indicate he's skyfather. Neither was OF Thor. King Thor was though.

quanchi112
Not exactly an all seeing skyfather then.. Thanks for clarifying that. Magic, prep, and caught completely off guard are a powerful combination.

deathlife
Proof?

Have you read Thor 600?

It was stated on panel that Bor was about to destroy the planet when he was busting loose.

Thor's rib being broken (from a deflected hit) and acknowledging that he would have been one shot killed by Bor without the Odin force is more than enough evidence of Bor's power.

Bor wins this. Neither Superman nor Captain Marvel can take sustained hits from a being that can one shot kill high heralds.

quanchi112
Originally posted by deathlife
Have you read Thor 600?

It was stated on panel that Bor was about to destroy the planet when he was busting loose.

Thor's rib being broken (from a deflected hit) and acknowledging that he would have been one shot killed by Bor without the Odin force is more than enough evidence of Bor's power.

Bor wins this. Neither Superman nor Captain Marvel can take sustained hits from a being that can one shot kill high heralds. thumb up

h1a8
Have you read Thor 600?

Bor wins this. Neither Superman nor Captain Marvel can take sustained hits from a being that can one shot kill high heralds.
Superman has strengh feats that are greater than destroying a planet with a single blow. Also based off durability feats I believe Superman and Marvel could have taken that punch without getting killed as well. I believe HP DD can break OF Thor ribs with a punch as well. All high heralds aren't created equal my friend.

The biggest problem with your argument is:
"Boards don't hit back."

Superman and Marvel have speed on their side and can, if they really wanted to, avoid any of Bor's attacks while pummeling him. At the very least they can hit Bor many times before Bor even lands a hit. Superman also has a healing factor (just in case he's hit).

Superman, fighting intelligently, can beat Bor solo. He can utilize his speed, strength, mobility, and freeze breath well to gain the advantage. Superman, at times can even vibrate through attacks. On paper Superman would win, and in a comic, Superman could win. Marvel isn't needed here.

-Pr-
Use the characters as being in character, please.

h1a8
^I do

-Pr-
Honestly no, you aren't. These guys aren't user avatars. You're supposed to debate them in the sense of how they would fight, and how they would act.

Your post doesn't seem to reflect any of that, tbh.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly no, you aren't. These guys aren't user avatars. You're supposed to debate them in the sense of how they would fight, and how they would act.

Your post doesn't seem to reflect any of that, tbh.

I stated things that Superman has shown to do in comics countless times.
He has fought intelligently using speed, freeze breath, mobility, etc. I'm not having Superman fight in ways he was never shown before. That would be out of character. Superman is intelligent and while knowing how powerful Bor is (he's the brother of Odin), he will bring his A game. But Superman won't fight in a way he has never shown to do in a comic.

zopzop
This STATEMENT means nothing because on panel what was his most powerful blast? Humans survived the aftershocks of his battle with Thor.

Also, assume this STATEMENT (backed up by nothing on panel) is true. So what? Herald's have destroyed planets. Morg fighting Surfer destroyed a planet. Necrom (with a sliver of the PF) destroyed an entire solar system.

So you'll excuse some of us for not being impressed by a STATEMENT with nothing to back it up with on panel.

Except NON ODINFORCE Thor has been hit by beings more powerful than Bor and not died in one hit. So that's hyperbole on Thor's part.

Newjak

This STATEMENT means nothing because on panel what was his most powerful blast? Humans survived the aftershocks of his battle with Thor.

Also, assume this STATEMENT (backed up by nothing on panel) is true. So what? Herald's have destroyed planets. Morg fighting Surfer destroyed a planet. Necrom (with a sliver of the PF) destroyed an entire solar system.

So you'll excuse some of us for not being impressed by a STATEMENT with nothing to back it up with on panel.

Except NON ODINFORCE Thor has been hit by beings more powerful than Bor and not died in one hit. So that's hyperbole on Thor's part. Broken ribs are hyperbole now?

This is the same OF Thor that survived direct exposure to the Destroyer's Beam attack. Yet Bor was capable of damaging him with one attack.

It's pretty obvious Bor would have destroyed standard Thor.

Starscream M
Broken ribs are hyperbole now?

This is the same OF Thor that survived direct exposure to the Destroyer's Beam attack. Yet Bor was capable of damaging him with one attack.

It's pretty obvious Bor would have destroyed standard Thor. the same OF Thor that got chumped by Rulk, are you going to just dismiss his unfavorable showings?

zopzop

It's called HYPERBOLE. Has Thor survived attacks from beings GREATER than Bor and lived? Yes? It's HYPERBOLE then.

Add in the fact that Bor did nothing else impressive on panel and you don't need to be an oracle to see where this is going.

@ Starscream M
Thank you for that Starscream.

TheHulk
I think the team has a chance...Bor has a chance to win too..but i will go with Supes and Cap M

Newjak
It's called HYPERBOLE. Has Thor survived attacks from beings GREATER than Bor and lived? Yes? It's HYPERBOLE then.

Add in the fact that Bor did nothing else impressive on panel and you don't need to be an oracle to see where this is going.

@ Starscream M
Thank you for that Starscream. Hyperbole would have been if Thor hadn't take any damage at all and said I think that may have killed my former self.

Instead this is OF Thor getting injured and stating he knows he couldn't have taken more. I think that's a pretty clear point to be made about Bor's power output and a clear feat of the fact he could have killed OF Thor where the Destroyer failed.

-Pr-
Anyone using Rulk at all from his early showings needs to stand in the corner and think about what they're doing.

abhilegend
I think that people are overblowing "I would've died" statement a bit much than its due. First thor survived Destroyer's beam later while it killed him the first time. Second, Durok nearly killed thor while later thor killed Durok. So Thor>Thor now?

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Anyone using Rulk at all from his early showings needs to stand in the corner and think about what they're doing. I won't stand in a corner. Wattya gonna do bout it?

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
I think that people are overblowing "I would've died" statement a bit much than its due. First thor survived Destroyer's beam later while it killed him the first time. Second, Durok nearly killed thor while later thor killed Durok. So Thor>Thor now? Thor had some of the odinforce. You can try and twist it around but most of us have read this and see right through your spins.

Newjak
I think that people are overblowing "I would've died" statement a bit much than its due. First thor survived Destroyer's beam later while it killed him the first time. Second, Durok nearly killed thor while later thor killed Durok. So Thor>Thor now? Which time are you saying Thor survived teh Destroyer's beam. Cause if you're talking about the nwer version of Thor he survived it while in possession of the OF.

Also wasn't one of the time he survived because he blocked it with his hammer?

abhilegend
Which time are you saying Thor survived teh Destroyer's beam. Cause if you're talking about the nwer version of Thor he survived it while in possession of the OF.

I thought it was during one of his fights with destroyer during classic era.

quanchi112
I thought it was during one of his fights with destroyer during classic era. laughing out loud

Profiled.

zopzop
Hyperbole would have been if Thor hadn't take any damage at all and said I think that may have killed my former self.

Instead this is OF Thor getting injured and stating he knows he couldn't have taken more. I think that's a pretty clear point to be made about Bor's power output and a clear feat of the fact he could have killed OF Thor where the Destroyer failed.
So Bor >>>>>Destroyer Armor? confused
I think that people are overblowing "I would've died" statement a bit much than its due. First thor survived Destroyer's beam later while it killed him the first time. Second, Durok nearly killed thor while later thor killed Durok. So Thor>Thor now?
+1 ROFLMAO

curryman
Which time are you saying Thor survived teh Destroyer's beam. Cause if you're talking about the nwer version of Thor he survived it while in possession of the OF.

He's just anally upset with the idea that OF Thor or Bor would slam these guys into the next century big grin

As I can remember off the top of my head the Destroyer Beam cut through his hammer in v1, killed him in v2, was killing him again later in v2 and then he tanked it with the OF in v3. They're just trying to diminish the Destroyer's feats when it's been one of the more consistent powerhouses in the Thor comics.

deathlife

Exactly.

Even if we refuse to take Thor's words at face value, the damage Bor did to Thor directly was profound.

Just blocking Bor's scythe attack snapped Thor's rib. I also want to believe that Thor knows what could kill him or not.

That's serious power.

Newjak
So Bor >>>>>Destroyer Armor? confused

+1 ROFLMAO Based on who was able to injure OF Thor yeah I guess Bor would win that.

zopzop
Based on who was able to injure OF Thor yeah I guess Bor would win that.
F A I L.

h1a8
Exactly.

Even if we refuse to take Thor's words at face value, the damage Bor did to Thor directly was profound.

Just blocking Bor's scythe attack snapped Thor's rib. I also want to believe that Thor knows what could kill him or not.

That's serious power. What you don't understand is that feat doesn't prove that Bor would beat Superman.
Remember Bor's durability can be bypassed by Superman, Superman is much faster, etc.

Boards don't hit back remember.

Do you think HP DD could break one of OF Thor's ribs with a single punch?

curryman
Do you think HP DD could break one of OF Thor's ribs with a single punch?

I don't anybody believes HP DD would break Thor's rib with a single punch that THOR BLOCKED.

Male Model
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
What I meant is this.

A) The writer decides to portray a skyfather at few blocks buster level.
, but decides to portray a herald at city buster level.

Then it means the asumption of someone being skyfather is wrong.

B) The writer decides to portray a skyfater at a few blocks buster level and decides to portray a herald at building buster level.

Then it means the assumption of someone being skyfather is correct.

IF the writer decides to estate on panel a power level then it has to be congruent with the showing.

Therefore if Bor shot at OF thor and he didnt got killed, but it estates that it would have killed his former self, then it will be wise to look for anotherr instance of Bor shoting someone on classic thor level, to see if the estament is correct. This has to be under the same writer.

But tbh i have not read those issues, so, since I do not know anything about Bor, that is why i decide just to read the debate.

I just thought it will be an easy way to get his power level based on panel.

A lot of sense in your post my friend

It's actually worst than that.

No one cares if he's all seeing. The fact that he couldn't stop or reverse the spell, once he was aware he was being attacked, is the pathetic part.

I still stand by my original post though. Bor wins but Team gives him hell.

Zopzop I find most of your post very reasonable and sensible, whilst my opinion on the outcome is different to you, a lot of this post makes sense to me.

Igniz
Bor wins this.Anyone using the example of Loki turning Bor to snow needs to read the issue.Loki himself mentions Bor will only expect a brawl and not use magic against him.So Bor was caught off guard.And if anyone is wondering why Bor couldn't reverse it, the keyword was Bor expected a brawl.Bor's knowledge of magic might have been limited since this was the time the Aesir and Vanir weren't joined together to become the Asgardians that we know of.The Vanir's were stated to be the ones will versed in magic while the Aesir's were the one's proficient in weaponized warfares.But one could say the Aeisr's at least knows a defense against magical assaults.Bor took it to Thor with the Odinforce.Thor commenting that it would have killed him if not for the Odinforce.This isn't the first time Thor with the Odinforce was put on the ropes.Thor with the Odinforce battled Surtur.And Thor was actually getting blisters just touching Surtur.And this is Surtur w/o the Twilight sword.Yet Thor is getting burned while they were grappling.And Surtur is confirmed a skyfather level being since he is capable of destroying a galaxy.

Male Model
Originally posted by Igniz
Bor wins this.Anyone using the example of Loki turning Bor to snow needs to read the issue.Loki himself mentions Bor will only expect a brawl and not use magic against him.So Bor was caught off guard.And if anyone is wondering why Bor couldn't reverse it, the keyword was Bor expected a brawl.Bor's knowledge of magic might have been limited since this was the time the Aesir and Vanir weren't joined together to become the Asgardians that we know of.The Vanir's were stated to be the ones will versed in magic while the Aesir's were the one's proficient in weaponized warfares.But one could say the Aeisr's at least knows a defense against magical assaults.Bor took it to Thor with the Odinforce.Thor commenting that it would have killed him if not for the Odinforce.This isn't the first time Thor with the Odinforce was put on the ropes.Thor with the Odinforce battled Surtur.And Thor was actually getting blisters just touching Surtur.And this is Surtur w/o the Twilight sword.Yet Thor is getting burned while they were grappling.And Surtur is confirmed a skyfather level being since he is capable of destroying a galaxy.

I would take the time to read your undoubtedly intelligent hypothesis; however, your punctuation hurts my eyes.

Silent Master

Very good points.

quanchi112
Originally posted by curryman
I don't anybody believes HP DD would break Thor's rib with a single punch that THOR BLOCKED. Bor>>>DD.

h1a8

Not all Surtur is capable of destroying a galaxy. Just because he did it once doesn't make it his natural power level. Otherwise everytime Gladiator hits someone it's planet destroying punches. Otherwise everytime Surfer blasts someone it's with planet destroying force. I can go on and on.

And being caught off guard has nothing to do with it. Loki can easily catch Thor off guard and fail like hell to turn him into snow, same goes for any high herald or trans level being not weak to magic. Hell Odin can be sleep and Loki can't change him to snow.

Superman is a lot stronger and more durable than Thor yet HP DD breaks him up with ease. So it's fair to say Superman can take a punch or two from Bor.

ABC logic is faulty since character's flucuate in power from comic to comic and you are not considering rock paper scissors (it's how you beat B that proves you can beat C).

Lastly, you are not considering Superman's speed and freeze breath. Those alone renders this fight won on a majority scale.

carver9
I don't see how H1 get away with the stuff he does.

pym-ftw
I read H1 post, it may be the most ironic thing I have ever read...

h1a8
I read H1 post, it may be the most ironic thing I have ever read...
Prove it.

I don't see how H1 get away with the stuff he does.

Get away with what Carv? Dissect my argument. Point out the flaws. Be specific. I'm in the ass kicking mood right now. Come at me.

carver9
The fact that you use certain people at their strongest and anything else that goes against your argument, you call it PIS or a low showing. You have no rights to determine whats legit or not. Accept the fts and move on.

h1a8
The fact that you use certain people at their strongest and anything else that goes against your argument, you call it PIS or a low showing. You have not rights to determine what legit or not. Accept the fts and move on. I don't use anyone at their strongest. I stopped doing that a long time ago. Otherwise I would still argue that Superman is over a million times stronger than Thor. Otherwise I would consistently argue Superman lifting infinity.

Surtur destroyed a galaxy once in his existence and yet it's a phucking standard? Please. If Superman did have only 1 feat then I would not use it as a standard. If Surtur destroyed galaxies on a regular basis (or it wasn't a one time thing) then I would agree.

Also you are not understanding that the shift of power was made a long time ago. Skyfathers are no longer galaxy busters. Galactus level beings are.

carver9
You always use Gladiator planet busting ft so what are you talking about?

h1a8
You always use Gladiator planet busting ft so what are you talking about? I don't use it in the sense that everytime he hits someone it's with the same force. Or that everytime we see him in a comic then he is at that level.

You have to understand people's slick arguments Carv.
igniz implied that since Surtur once destroyed a galaxy then everytime someone matches him in a comic then they must be also galaxy strong (by ABC logic). Or better yet, everytime we see Surtur in a comic then he is automatically operating at galaxy busting power. Thus any character that matches him is also a galaxy buster, no matter what. Do you see the problem?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>