Thor Vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
1. Who is more durable?
2. Who is faster? Reflexes and travel speed.
3. Who is physically stronger?
4. Who has the better will power?
5. Who is smarter?
6. Who is a better fighter/Warrior?
7. Who has more energy output?
8. Who is more versatile?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Golgo13
1. Who is more durable?
2. Who is faster? Reflexes and travel speed.
3. Who is physically stronger?
4. Who has the better will power?
5. Who is smarter?
6. Who is a better fighter/Warrior?
7. Who has more energy output?
8. Who is more versatile?

thor

quanchi112
Thor.

-Pr-
Thor for the most part.

SevenShackles
I dont know anyone who would say BRB is better than Thor in any category. Usually if anything Thor is BRB's measuring stick and is constantly held in comparison to see if he stacks up which often he does, but not in every possible way. If anyone thinks BRB is better I'd love to hear why/how.

TheHulk
They are trying to be shown as equals but in truth Thor>BRB

Stoic
Originally posted by SevenShackles
I dont know anyone who would say BRB is better than Thor in any category. Usually if anything Thor is BRB's measuring stick and is constantly held in comparison to see if he stacks up which often he does, but not in every possible way. If anyone thinks BRB is better I'd love to hear why/how.

In the durability, and stamina department, Bill has proven that he was able to wake up faster than Thor when they fought over Mjolnir. When Bill pours it on, like how he fought Stardust, I really can't see Thor doing a better job. Not if we go back and reflect upon his past battles with Firelord. That wasn't really a jab or cheap shot towards Thor, but I think that Bill is being overlooked here.

When it comes to outright ferocity, I'd send Bill instead of Thor to face off against a Class 100 Berserker, because Thor is more into fair play, while Bill will straight up beat the life out of his opponent.

On average I'd say that Bill matches up well in the strength dept to Thor, so at base levels, I call it a draw.

Power? Well Bill has shown some pretty terrific displays of it during his fight with Stardust. It's too hard for me to tell which one is a more impressive blaster.

Versatility? I'd like someone to help me understand how Thor is more versatile than Bill is, when Odin gave Stormbreaker power to rival Mjolnir. Also Stormbreaker has never been broken.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Stoic
In the durability, and stamina department, Bill has proven that he was able to wake up faster than Thor when they fought over Mjolnir. When Bill pours it on, like how he fought Stardust, I really can't see Thor doing a better job. Not if we go back and reflect upon his past battles with Firelord. That wasn't really a jab or cheap shot towards Thor, but I think that Bill is being overlooked here.

When it comes to outright ferocity, I'd send Bill instead of Thor to face off against a Class 100 Berserker, because Thor is more into fair play, while Bill will straight up beat the life out of his opponent.

On average I'd say that Bill matches up well in the strength dept to Thor, so at base levels, I call it a draw.

Power? Well Bill has shown some pretty terrific displays of it during his fight with Stardust. It's too hard for me to tell which one is a more impressive blaster.

Versatility? I'd like someone to help me understand how Thor is more versatile than Bill is, when Odin gave Stormbreaker power to rival Mjolnir. Also Stormbreaker has never been broken. I still think Thor>BRB

But this is still nice reasoning smile

guy222
thor

once before bill defeated thor but hasn't been portrayed as better, stronger, or faster than thor since

Rage.Of.Olympus

Bill handles heat better than Thor, that's the one and only advantage he has. Odin specifically put the fight in an environment that would help Bill (The heat revived him IIRC), and even then, he pointed out he got lucky.

Bill is overall on average definitely far more ferocious. However, since Fraction's run, I think it's a lot closer. In his own books, Thor has for a while now been straight up brutal.

Thor is obviously more impressive if for no other reason than the God Blast.

Versatility? I'd like someone to help me understand how Thor is more versatile than Bill is, when Odin gave Stormbreaker power to rival Mjolnir. Also Stormbreaker has never been broken.

Simple, if we want to use feats, Thor if for no other reason that he's been around longer has more versatility feats. Back in the day (And even occasionally in the current Marvel), Mjolnir would whip out powers whenever a writer needed him to.

Thor's also more experienced with Mjolnir. The basic capabilities of Mjolnir (Teleportation, shields, flight, energy absorption and manipulation, weather control etc.) are all things Bill has done however so far the most part they're equal but if you had to choose one, the answer is Thor. Which pretty much my answer for every single question: Equal or Thor.

curryman
I guess Bill can recover fast if they're in a heated environment....

Maybe he's smarter, but I doubt it.

the Darkone
Thor in all 8 categories

carver9
Bill wins some of these categories. A lot of them if you ask me. A lot of Bills fts are more concrete imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9
Bill wins some of these categories. A lot of them if you ask me. A lot of Bills fts are more concrete imo.

laughing out loud

Anytime you want to compare, just let me know.

Dampyre
1. Who is more durable?-Toss up, maybe edge to Bill
2. Who is faster? Reflexes and travel speed-Even.
3. Who is physically stronger?-Even
4. Who has the better will power?-Thor
5. Who is smarter?-Bill
6. Who is a better fighter/Warrior?-Thor
7. Who has more energy output?-Thor
8. Who is more versatile?-Thor

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Bill handles heat better than Thor, that's the one and only advantage he has. Odin specifically put the fight in an environment that would help Bill (The heat revived him IIRC), and even then, he pointed out he got lucky.

Bill is overall on average definitely far more ferocious. However, since Fraction's run, I think it's a lot closer. In his own books, Thor has for a while now been straight up brutal.

Simple, if we want to use feats, Thor if for no other reason that he's been around longer has more versatility feats. Back in the day (And even occasionally in the current Marvel), Mjolnir would whip out powers whenever a writer needed him to.

Thor's also more experienced with Mjolnir. The basic capabilities of Mjolnir (Teleportation, shields, flight, energy absorption and manipulation, weather control etc.) are all things Bill has done however so far the most part they're equal but if you had to choose one, the answer is Thor. Which pretty much my answer for every single question: Equal or Thor.
thumb up

googol
Originally posted by carver9
Bill wins some of these categories. A lot of them if you ask me. A lot of Bills fts are more concrete imo. I agree with Carver

Stoic

I agree with you, I just felt like people were selling Bill short.

JakeTheBank
The answer to this query is simple:

At Bill's best, he is equal to Thor.
At Thor's best, he is superior to BRB.

Comics have always shown that the best BRB can hope to amount to is being equal to Thor, which isn't a bad thing at all. But at the end of the day, Thor is just capable of operating a notch above Bill.

Carver, as usual, is talking out of his ass.

googol
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The answer to this query is simple:

At Bill's best, he is equal to Thor.
a no hold Bill is way WAY more dangerous than CIS Thor.. Warrior Madness or crazy thor is not your every day thor

BRB operates at a more aggressive level than thor, most of the time

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by googol
a no hold Bill is way WAY more dangerous than CIS Thor.. Warrior Madness or crazy thor is not your every day thor

BRB operates at a more aggressive level than thor, most of the time

?

A no holding back Bill would certainly be more aggressive than a normal mindset Thor, but that's a given considering you've given Bill a no holding back mentality and didn't do the same for Thor.

Fraction's Thor disagrees. Just look at how Bill fared against Surfer and compare it with how Thor did.

curryman
Fraction's Thor disagrees. Just look at how Bill fared against Surfer and compare it with how Thor did.

Fraction didn't write the incident with Bill now did he stick out tongue

I get what you're saying but it's not a very fair comparison since both Odin and Thor were both raving madmen. For all we know Fraction's Bill was even worse.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by curryman
Fraction didn't write the incident with Bill now did he stick out tongue

I get what you're saying but it's not a very fair comparison since both Odin and Thor were both raving madmen. For all we know Fraction's Bill was even worse.

No, but even if we subtract Fraction's take on the character, Thor's "no holding back" feats are still superior to Bill's.

curryman
No, but even if we subtract Fraction's take on the character, Thor's "no holding back" feats are still superior to Bill's.

I agree smile

carver9
laughing out loud

Anytime you want to compare, just let me know.

What I mean by this is, you probably could make an argument for Thor but Bill fts are more "pure" if you ask me. Example...

During Bills fight against Stardust, he destroyed a planet...
=planetary strength.

During Bills fight with Stardust, he was in the heart of a planet's explosion and endured the explosion. He was also inside a star that was described as going Nova. He withstood another planet blowing up on him during that scuffle. I think he had a total of 3 planets exploding on him during that entire arc.
=Planetary+ durability.

Bill was fighting Surfer alongside Skuttlebucket while it was traversing light speed+.
=Light reaction/speed.

Thor doesnt have these fts. This doesnt mean he is weaker...Bill fts are just concrete.

carver9
Also forgot to add his showings against Black Holes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.