MONGUL jr vs quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mighty adam
This is mongul Jr from the corps vs quasar both fighting to full potential

mighty adam
MJ is stronger faster and a more skilled warrior but quasar probably I's more skill with using his powers he has been using the bands for a long time.

Horrificus
Quasar.

mighty adam
MJ was beating sinestro till the ring failsafe. And I believe sinestro would beat quasar. I don't see why you think quasar would win. MJ with out his ring could beat him, with the rings its even easier.

-Pr-
Quasar.

mighty adam
Originally posted by -Pr-
Quasar. care to explain why? I know he's shields are crazy and all and he's beat some good comp but I'm not seeing wat your seeing. On top of that MJ got like 5 rings. With out the rings his fighting skills are up there and his strength not as high as his dads but I don't think many people were. He has ok durability and more so with rings.

-Pr-
Why did you make the thread, then, if you don't think Quasar could win?

mighty adam
Why did you make the thread, then, if you don't think Quasar could win? just cuz I think he's not gonna win doesn't mean a good case can't be made for him.

Horrificus
Originally posted by mighty adam
MJ was beating sinestro till the ring failsafe. And I believe sinestro would beat quasar. I don't see why you think quasar would win. MJ with out his ring could beat him, with the rings its even easier. I'm not being a dick, but have you read ALL of Quasar. I'm asking because not a lot of people have. Then they get kooky in here when I talk about him being a "boss".

Quasar is probably the most powerful "sleeper" in all of comics. His feats are crazy, his powers are off the chart and his enemies have been some very bad guys. But, he has also been written a couple times where he got easily beaten in ways that should never have even hurt him.

I'm not totally sure what they are doing with him right now, or what his power-set is. But, his norm was complete and absolute control of the entire electromagnetic spectrum. He can control, pretty much all power and energy, except for antimatter. He has shut down high level characters, including the Watcher, within seconds.

He has also had cosmic awareness.

His light constructs are the weakest power he has. Even though I have actually posted scans of some of the most powerful characters in 616, hammering and blasting and cutting away at his shields, with no effect, while he holds a casual conversation.

Speed, opening, closing and traveling through dimensional doors that he makes himself.

I'm missing a lot too. Too tired right now.

Don't get me wrong, Mongul Jr. as a Nightmare and Sinestro, well... you just hit on one of my "Secret Favorites".

As a matter of fact, I think that in many cases, there aren't a lot of characters that could really beat a Sinestro that is intent on winning. He is the Hal Jordan of the bad guys.

Horrificus
In truth, out of all the recent ring-wearing converts, Mongul Jr. is one of my favorites.

But, my all time favorite is now and will always be...

Bowl-cut Guy Gardner with Sinestro's ring.

Can't help it. THAT was a great character.

mighty adam
I've read a good bit and yes I agree 110% he's a sleeper powerhouse I got a comic where his shields tank hits from galactus. All jobbing aside I think he should win a great deal of possible matches you could put him in. As long as I been on these forums people respected him. I guess he just gets over looked kinda like captain atom.

Horrificus
I've read a good bit and yes I agree 110% he's a sleeper powerhouse I got a comic where his shields tank hits from galactus. All jobbing aside I think he should win a great deal of possible matches you could put him in. As long as I been on these forums people respected him. I guess he just gets over looked kinda like captain atom. Well, there are more popular characters in his tier. Plus, he gets short-changed a lot for his defeat by Annihilus.

I totally agree about Captain Atom. I have no idea why, but he gets ignored. And, he is an absolute badass! Extremely powerful character.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Horrificus
Well, there are more popular characters in his tier. Plus, he gets short-changed a lot for his defeat by Annihilus.

I totally agree about Captain Atom. I have no idea why, but he gets ignored. And, he is an absolute badass! Extremely powerful character. yea the annihilus thing was bad but atom getting raped by Mary marvel hurt my heart.

mighty adam
I like glads even tho he jobs still a decent character with some good fights

-Pr-
Before the reboot, Atom was ignored mostly because for the most part, he was a poor man's Silver Surfer. Thankfully since then, he's received a bump.

Golgo13
I think mongul will give him one hell of a fight. Afterall, hr did tske on the glc by himself.

Stoic
I'm thinking that Mongul has this after a prolonged fight (about 12 panels). His strength advantage is key here, which could be used to shatter Quasar's restraints, or constructs like many class 100's have in the past. Now if you gave the Q Bands to the Hulk, or Hercules, the fight would be more evenly matched.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm thinking that Mongul has this after a prolonged fight (about 12 panels). His strength advantage is key here, which could be used to shatter Quasar's restraints, or constructs like many class 100's have in the past. Now if you gave the Q Bands to the Hulk, or Hercules, the fight would be more evenly matched.
That's not fair. Hercules or anyone else you mentioned would be able to wield the quantum bands as effectively as Wendell, so their jump in physical stats would just take away the effectiveness of the bands.

I think mongul jr could hit him hard with the combination of his physical strengths and multiple rings (sucks the number of his fingers are inconsistent so we can't get a accurate number of rings) make him a power house. He took multiple GLs with what seemed like any real effort never mind the fight with sinestro where the failsafe needed to be used to deal with him.
But beyond his physical durability how is his defenses with the rings? I can't remember any defensive use and Quasar has impressive shields at his disposal.

If mongul can get within a certain range he can ware Quasar down and win. quasar has the potential to destroy him but I doubt he would take the majority.

Sh3nG L0nG
I need to start reading more captain atom, didn't his book get cancelled?

Horrificus
Mongul Jr. would not be able to do anything remotely like this:

Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Wonder Man, Wolverine, the Thing and many, many more, all going insane, bloodlusted, trying to get through to the sweet gooey filling inside of Quasar's shield.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest1.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest2.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest3.jpg

Here, we see Power Gem Drax, on the inside, pounding at the Hulk, with no effect on the shield.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest4.jpg

Thanos finally tips the scales and adds his power to all of the rest, together, they succeed in breaking the shield.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest5.jpg

Still, Quasar's power is able to keep Thanos from crushing the heads of Hulk and Thing together, right after he makes his statement about being "strength personified".
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest6.jpg

SevenShackles
^ I'll admit I haven't everything with Quasar in it but has that lvl of power shown on a more consistent bases? Or does he peak in big events/crossovers like certain characters tend to do in such cases?

Horrificus
Originally posted by SevenShackles
^ I'll admit I haven't everything with Quasar in it but has that lvl of power shown on a more consistent bases? Or does he peak in big events/crossovers like certain characters tend to do in such cases? During his title, he was VERY consistent. They placed him against very powerful "cosmics".

I think they were trying to pick up fans that were looking for a "Silver Surfer' with more of a human side. You can see in the panels, that Cap spoke affectionately with him and Quasar was very respectful to both Cap and Prof X.

Horrificus
And, for all of you Quasar detractors, I lash out at you with THIS disturbing imagery: evil face

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/cryingbaby_zps25eacd4e.gif

Feel my wrath!

abhilegend
Mongul wins. That one showing of quasar is an extreme outlier and not his average. Its like using Rond Vidar shielding himself from SBP, Mordru, Validus and entire LOSV as a benchmark for GL shields.

pym-ftw
No that would be like using that for a benchmark for Vidar's shields

Unless you think you think all lanterns are equal

SevenShackles
Just thought of this, could Quasar out last the charge in monguls rings?

I acknowledge Quasars higher showing but they were some time ago and his more current stuff like being killing by annihilus and generally performing below the standard of his older showings doesn't help him here.

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
No that would be like using that for a benchmark for Vidar's shields

Unless you think you think all lanterns are equal
Vidar was a no name rookie who just got his rings. Of course they are equal when they are rookies.

pym-ftw
Do you think all lantern feats should count for all lanterns

I mean they all have the same power source...

mighty adam
Before the reboot, Atom was ignored mostly because for the most part, he was a poor man's Silver Surfer. Thankfully since then, he's received a bump. yea his older character wasn't that great and he was kinda lame and all but he's had a major turn around.

Stoic
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Just thought of this, could Quasar out last the charge in monguls rings?

I acknowledge Quasars higher showing but they were some time ago and his more current stuff like being killing by annihilus and generally performing below the standard of his older showings doesn't help him here.

Quasar's problem is when the class 100 physical characters get into his range, they tend to beat the hell out of him. I have loads of Quasar comics, and he's great against purely energy being. Mongul should have him on the run.

abhilegend

Veteran lanterns are more powerful.

Rookies are identical though.

SevenShackles

I always thought each lantern had the same access (each ring carries the same charge) to the same level of power but those more creative and given more time to learn it's use are of varied power levels and feats are not really applicable To each other never mind rookies who share a baseline level until they grow into their own. So I'd say rookie feats are the only feats that can be applied across the board. (well not that one rookie feat of waking a guy out of a coma)

-Pr-

No, they don't get all the feats.

Ahem:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577880.html

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Quasar's problem is when the class 100 physical characters get into his range, they tend to beat the hell out of him. I have loads of Quasar comics, and he's great against purely energy being. Mongul should have him on the run.
Yup. I was gonna type this but felt bad for Horrificus big grin

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. I was gonna type this but felt bad for Horrificus big grin

Hey man the truth is the truth. Mongul would beat him badly because of his human frailty. Like I said give Herc the bands, and Mongul would have some tough competition. Actually you know something? That idea would improve Hercs stock by leaps and bounds.

mighty adam

Ahem:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577880.html agree. A pr you think John willpower is the second highest. After all he's willpower did out exceed his ring when he tried to recreate a planet.

-Pr-
No. I'd put Hal and Kyle ahead of him. Guy is about even with John, imo.

mighty adam
No. I'd put Hal and Kyle ahead of him. Guy is about even with John, imo. I'll put Hal over him and maybe Kyle naw I'll put kyle over him.

Slaanesh
Mongul easily..

SevenShackles
How often has Quasar beaten someone in Monguls weight class opposed to getting beaten by someone in his weight class?

pym-ftw

Ahem:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577880.html
I know, I was trying to trap abhi

rotiart
Quasar has knocked down a watcher...
Created a shield that couldn't be broken by the combined forces of infinity watch and the avengers (first page I thread) until he took his attention away.

His quantum bands have an infinite power source and only run out if he's in a dimension or area that blocks his access to that power source... So his bands aren't burning out while the rings will...

He was able to defeat maelstrom right after maelstrom was messing around with celestials, killed an abstract, then picked a fight with an ig wielding thanos.

Quasars supposedly weak constructs are in the early phase of his career not his later. Basically issues 30+ of his own series...

When quasar was rocked by annihilus the first time it was because the ccr contains negative zone energy the opposite of the em spectrum Elvis relies on

Wendell has been shown to manipulate others energy constructs... And as dr light has shown, the ring constructs can be controlled because of that...

Quasar even rocks body armor some times that's enhances his durability...

And when he was an energy construct has "hulked out" before..

Using pis against Wendell or early showings is a bad way of saying Mongol wins...
Though I give Wendell 7-8 /10 here

Horrificus
Originally posted by rotiart
Quasar has knocked down a watcher...
Created a shield that couldn't be broken by the combined forces of infinity watch and the avengers (first page I thread) until he took his attention away.

His quantum bands have an infinite power source and only run out if he's in a dimension or area that blocks his access to that power source... So his bands aren't burning out while the rings will...

He was able to defeat maelstrom right after maelstrom was messing around with celestials, killed an abstract, then picked a fight with an ig wielding thanos.

Quasars supposedly weak constructs are in the early phase of his career not his later. Basically issues 30+ of his own series...

When quasar was rocked by annihilus the first time it was because the ccr contains negative zone energy the opposite of the em spectrum Elvis relies on

Wendell has been shown to manipulate others energy constructs... And as dr light has shown, the ring constructs can be controlled because of that...

Quasar even rocks body armor some times that's enhances his durability...

And when he was an energy construct has "hulked out" before..

Using pis against Wendell or early showings is a bad way of saying Mongol wins...
Though I give Wendell 7-8 /10 here Excellent.

Golgo13
When has Dr. Light controlled the yellow ring? And Hal has resisted Dr. Light along with Kyle, IIRC.

rotiart
Originally posted by Golgo13
When has Dr. Light controlled the yellow ring? And Hal has resisted Dr. Light along with Kyle, IIRC.

When hasn't he been able to manipulate a yellow lantern construct. He's always been able to manipulate constructs. And when has he not been able to do so?

In any case your better bet is to argue that "light" isn't part of the electro magnetic spectrum so quasar can't affect it....

You don't even really argue against my post but just raise a nuhuh argument?

Golgo13
When hasn't he been able to manipulate a yellow lantern construct. He's always been able to manipulate constructs. And when has he not been able to do so?

In any case your better bet is to argue that "light" isn't part of the electro magnetic spectrum so quasar can't affect it....

You don't even really argue against my post but just raise a nuhuh argument?

I'm just asking when has Light done so with a yellow ring not that he can't. Then again, he has failed against Hal and Kyle a few times, so having the ability to absorb/manipulate energy/light doesn't equal an automatic win.

rotiart
Quasar could always drain the energy from Mongul. And he can't return the favor

Golgo13
I have doubts that he can do it in time before Mongul punches his face in. A Mongul who took on 5 GL's. Or at all.

mighty adam
I have doubts that he can do it in time before Mongul punches his face in. A Mongul who took on 5 GL's. Or at all. yea they just don't give quasar the feats they should.

Horrificus
yea they just don't give quasar the feats they should. true

rotiart
Well his shield and armor constructs have allowed him to take hits from Adam warlock and thing to no effect.

He's siphoned power cosmic directly from surfer. Doing to Adam warlock and jack of hearts to the point they were instantly immibilized.

Surfers saving grace is he constantly recharges drawing in energy from stars around him... A ring doesn't

Golgo13
A ring still has a lot more power than JOH and Mongul isn't just going to stand there letting Quasar draining his ring. It's anyones guess how long it will do or even if Quasar can do it in the first place.

rotiart
A ring still has a lot more power than JOH and Mongul isn't just going to stand there letting Quasar draining his ring. It's anyones guess how long it will do or even if Quasar can do it in the first place.

Rings don't ever run outta juice? They often run out...

And quasar doesn't even have to be directly attacking to siphon off energy. As shown against surfer Phoenix and fireflies he can drain while attacking and defending himself.

He could literally encase Mongol in a shield or bind Him as he hard drains him or just slow drains him. Even fire lords power cosmic dissipates against a quasar who is prepared for his attacks...

Golgo13
They do, but I have doubts he can do it to the emotional spectrum. Mongul took it to several GL's at once. I don't see Quasar doing that and I don't see Mongul being trapped inside a force shield for long,.

Horrificus
They do, but I have doubts he can do it to the emotional spectrum. Mongul took it to several GL's at once. I don't see Quasar doing that and I don't see Mongul being trapped inside a force shield for long,. How would Mongul jr feel about a force bubble growing within his anus? big grin Oh, I mean "brain".

rotiart
sigh. All this talk about how quasar won't be able to manipulate the green lantern rings...

stated over and over quasar can manipulate em energies...

And..Green Lantern Rebirth #3... tells us that power ring rings convert willpower into electromagnetic energy for them to use...

And just a hunch... but i'm guessing a weaponer is using the same basis when he makes yellow rings...

Golgo13
It's emotional spectrum. It's something more than EM energy.

Golgo13
How would Mongul jr feel about a force bubble growing within his anus? big grin Oh, I mean "brain".

Mongul got torn apart a few times in that arc. Bzzt blew right through his head and he also got his limbs torn off by that creature, yet he still survived and fought on. He was a complete beast in that SC arc. Usually, I'd give the fight to a competent Quasar, but Mongul with the rings was total bad ass.

rotiart
It's emotional spectrum. It's something more than EM energy.

.... So in the gl/silver surfer crossover when norrin absorbed all of the gl energies because he's a cosmic battery... That was because....

Emotion is converted to energy. That energy can be manipulated and absorbed.

Golgo13
.... So in the gl/silver surfer crossover when norrin absorbed all of the gl energies because he's a cosmic battery... That was because....

Emotion is converted to energy. That energy can be manipulated and absorbed.

It's been stated numerous times throughout GL history that it's unique energy. Even in John's run as well. I'm sure Quasar can drain some of it, but Mongul, Hal, Sinestro, etc.., can will him to stop. Just like Hal has done so in the past.

rotiart
It's been stated numerous times throughout GL history that it's unique energy. Even in John's run as well. I'm sure Quasar can drain some of it, but Mongul, Hal, Sinestro, etc.., can will him to stop. Just like Hal has done so in the past.

Stated numerous times as being unique? Or maybe just unknown. Prior to Hal it was deemed magical.. then later almost tech based...

The energy you speak of was (as far as I'm concerned) defined or even retconned if you like, during the kyle rayner era in order to separate the science of the green lantern rings from the magical green flame and starheart that Alan Scott uses.

And btw. if its so unique... how would the tech based weaponer have created sinestro's yellow ring that the others are based on...

And when has Mongul faced off against someone that was trying to drain him, and willed it to stop.

Golgo13
Stated numerous times as being unique? Or maybe just unknown. Prior to Hal it was deemed magical.. then later almost tech based...

The energy you speak of was (as far as I'm concerned) defined or even retconned if you like, during the kyle rayner era in order to separate the science of the green lantern rings from the magical green flame and starheart that Alan Scott uses.

And btw. if its so unique... how would the tech based weaponer have created sinestro's yellow ring that the others are based on...

And when has Mongul faced off against someone that was trying to drain him, and willed it to stop.

Yes, unique as in not directly from the EM spectrum, but something more esoteric. You're right about one thing, though, GL's energy has been changed from time to time, but it's generally more emotional/will, which is how someone like Hal can will himself from stopping others from draining his ring. He has been drained before, but usually he can counter that by willing the other to stop, such as Dr. Light.

Weaponer has experience in dealing with the yellow energy/rings as the Weaponers of Qward were the main beings to actually form the yellow rings in the first place.

-Pr-
Johns made the emotional spectrum, so all of that "hard light" and "plasma" is basically null and void at this point.

rotiart
@golgo okay assuming you could will it to be stopped...

When has Mongol ever shown that in combat

@pr. Im confused are you saying that lantern energy is now unquantifiable?

Sixth_Winged
I don't really see it much of a retcon rather than an overblown explanation of the origin of their powers and it's catalyst.

In order to be an actual retcon, a feat needs to be shown where an energy manipulator cannot do something similar to what happened in the past with explanation that it would be impossible to do so.

But does it really matter, unless the emotional spectrum isn't energy or negative zone/antimatter energy, Quasars powers should work as advertised.

Golgo13

I don't think Mongul has on panel, but it's just my personal opinion that he can, since rings work on will and fear,whatever.

Sin I AM
I'm not being a dick, but have you read ALL of Quasar. I'm asking because not a lot of people have. Then they get kooky in here when I talk about him being a "boss".

Quasar is probably the most powerful "sleeper" in all of comics. His feats are crazy, his powers are off the chart and his enemies have been some very bad guys. But, he has also been written a couple times where he got easily beaten in ways that should never have even hurt him.

I'm not totally sure what they are doing with him right now, or what his power-set is. But, his norm was complete and absolute control of the entire electromagnetic spectrum. He can control, pretty much all power and energy, except for antimatter. He has shut down high level characters, including the Watcher, within seconds.

He has also had cosmic awareness.

His light constructs are the weakest power he has. Even though I have actually posted scans of some of the most powerful characters in 616, hammering and blasting and cutting away at his shields, with no effect, while he holds a casual conversation.

Speed, opening, closing and traveling through dimensional doors that he makes himself.

I'm missing a lot too. Too tired right now.

Don't get me wrong, Mongul Jr. as a Nightmare and Sinestro, well... you just hit on one of my "Secret Favorites".

As a matter of fact, I think that in many cases, there aren't a lot of characters that could really beat a Sinestro that is intent on winning. He is the Hal Jordan of the bad guys.

sum it up in one word ....... vulcan

Golgo13
To address Horifficus's post a while ago, didn't Mongul beat Sinestro straight up with no real problems? If it wasn't for Sinestro's secret in the ring, he would have died.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
sum it up in one word ....... vulcan what do u mean? sorry.

Sh3nG L0nG

Has anyone tried? If no one has then perhaps they know it's not a valid strategy. If no one has then this can't be used as a valid strategy.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
sum it up in one word ....... vulcan

lol no.

it's a lot harder to define. plus, hal Jordan flat out outwilled someone that was trying to control his energy, and retook control.

Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I don't really see it much of a retcon rather than an overblown explanation of the origin of their powers and it's catalyst.

In order to be an actual retcon, a feat needs to be shown where an energy manipulator cannot do something similar to what happened in the past with explanation that it would be impossible to do so.

But does it really matter, unless the emotional spectrum isn't energy or negative zone/antimatter energy, Quasars powers should work as advertised.

they retconned the actual power composition.

green lantern rings now use willpower given form as energy.

it's not the plasma or hard light that was used pre-johns. it's arguably one of his biggest rectons.

Sixth_Winged
lol no.

it's a lot harder to define. plus, hal Jordan flat out outwilled someone that was trying to control his energy, and retook control.

they retconned the actual power composition.

green lantern rings now use willpower given form as energy.

it's not the plasma or hard light that was used pre-johns. it's arguably one of his biggest rectons.

Again the effects might be different and catalyst for producing it might be different but we can't really tell for sure that it's immune to conventional energy manipulation. There is simply no feat at the moment that would solidly prove that so it really doesn't matter.

Even Kyle once mentioned it as "emotional electromagnetic spectrum", electromagnetic, as in energy Quasar will exploit.

Sixth_Winged
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2562/glrbkyle.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Golgo13
Again the effects might be different and catalyst for producing it might be different but we can't really tell for sure that it's immune to conventional energy manipulation. There is simply no feat at the moment that would solidly prove that so it really doesn't matter.

Even Kyle once mentioned it as "emotional electromagnetic spectrum", electromagnetic, as in energy Quasar will exploit.

It's just not EM energy, because if it were they would just say EM energy. And ring users can will themselves to counter energy drainers, manipulators, because essentially that is what they do as well.

Sh3nG L0nG
There isn't enough evidence to suggest energy drain/manipulation is a viable tactic for Quasar to use against Mongul Jr. It might or it might not work just as much as Mongul might or might not be able to counter.

rotiart
It's just not EM energy, because if it were they would just say EM energy. And ring users can will themselves to counter energy drainers, manipulators, because essentially that is what they do as well.

So.... you are going to attribute all ring user feats to Mongul? even if he's never shown himself to do anything like those feats? uh... and if the ring energy was its own specific energy... how have

superman prime pretty much was able to metabolize the lantern energies.

takion, photon, and dr light been able to manipulate it.

Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
There isn't enough evidence to suggest energy drain/manipulation is a viable tactic for Quasar to use against Mongul Jr. It might or it might not work just as much as Mongul might or might not be able to counter.

thats entirely true. But a certain poster is trying to make it seem like mongul would be impervious to an energy drain attack, when rings themselves have only a one day charge, have been shown to be drained before, and Quasar has completely drained even herald level beings in seconds of all their energy.

Golgo13
So.... you are going to attribute all ring user feats to Mongul? even if he's never shown himself to do anything like those feats? uh... and if the ring energy was its own specific energy... how have

superman prime pretty much was able to metabolize the lantern energies.

takion, photon, and dr light been able to manipulate it.

thats entirely true. But a certain poster is trying to make it seem like mongul would be impervious to an energy drain attack, when rings themselves have only a one day charge, have been shown to be drained before, and Quasar has completely drained even herald level beings in seconds of all their energy.

Dr. Light hasn't manipulated yellow energy from my memory, but he manipulated the light aspect of ALL things, including magic, so he's pretty uber. When has Takion done so?

rotiart
Dr. Light hasn't manipulated yellow energy from my memory, but he manipulated the light aspect of ALL things, including magic, so he's pretty uber. When has Takion done so?

Takion weakened the energy fields that Kyle's ring uses, though I can't remember the issue.

rotiart
Btw not all ring users have the same feats. So you can't say that just cause Hal can do it, doesn't mean Mongul can, and vice versa. Just like you wouldn't give superman's feats to any other Kryptonian.

-Pr-

the hal feat that I named would be the feat you're looking for.

and I never said it wasn't an emotional electromagnetic spectrum. you could certainly argue that it could be drained. imo, there's just an equally valid argument that it can't if the wearer is wilful enough.

Golgo13
Even if it can be drained, mongul can still rely on his strength and durability.

rotiart
Even if it can be drained, mongul can still rely on his strength and durability.

true. thats all i've been saying. then it becomes how good of a combatant is mongul (very...) against quasar.

however if kyle can knock out mongul with a freight train construct, i imagine quasar should have similar chances.

Golgo13
true. thats all i've been saying. then it becomes how good of a combatant is mongul (very...) against quasar.

however if kyle can knock out mongul with a freight train construct, i imagine quasar should have similar chances.

Depends on which Mongul we're getting. Mongul during the SC epic, took it to multiple GL's, inculding Kyle and Guy, IIRC. He can also take it to Superman and Hal Jordan.

Golgo13
These were the GL's Mongul faced. I think if it wasn't for Mother Mercy, the GL's would have lost. I'll need to re read it again, but Tomasi made Mongul into a team buster during that arc.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/Mon1_zpsfe3316f6.jpg

Horrificus
These were the GL's Mongul faced. I think if it wasn't for Mother Mercy, the GL's would have lost. I'll need to re read it again, but Tomasi made Mongul into a team buster during that arc.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/Mon1_zpsfe3316f6.jpg I understand that he is VERY bad. I am not taking anything from Mongul Jr.
But, why does that trump this and Quasars other monster feats?:

Mongul Jr. would not be able to do anything remotely like this:

Hulk, Thor, Hercules, Wonder Man, Wolverine, the Thing and many, many more, all going insane, bloodlusted, trying to get through to the sweet gooey filling inside of Quasar's shield.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest1.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest2.jpghttp://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest3.jpg

Here, we see Power Gem Drax, on the inside, pounding at the Hulk, with no effect on the shield.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest4.jpg

Thanos finally tips the scales and adds his power to all of the rest, together, they succeed in breaking the shield.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest5.jpg

Still, Quasar's power is able to keep Thanos from crushing the heads of Hulk and Thing together, right after he makes his statement about being "strength personified".
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest6.jpg

Shutting down a Watcher:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_quasar150185fi_zps23faf245.jpg

zopzop
I understand that he is VERY bad. I am not taking anything from Mongul Jr.
But, why does that trump this and Quasars other monster feats?:
What other monster feats?

In his entire time on panel I can think of only two high showings :
1) During the Infinity War when his dome held off the heroes till Thanos and crew shattered it
2) Vs that Watcher during the Journey into Mystery story arc in his comic

There's a third one involving Galactus but I don't remember the context of the scan.

So I'll see you those high showings and raise you these "average" showings:
1) Gladiator flexing and breaking out of a quantum construct Quasar formed and fortified. Then crushing Quasar's arm through his Quantum Aura and threatening to rip it off if he attempted to BFR Gladiator into the Quantum Zone. This was during the Starblast story arc.
2) An Imperial Guardsman, Neutron, humiliating Quasar and Her combined, forcing Quasar to BFR him into the Q-Zone
3) Four scrubby Shi'ar Guardsmen : Manta, Hussar, Impulse, Magique destroyed one of Quasar's quantum domes. Of those four, only Impulse has any kind of attack worth mentioning. And how powerful is it; He and Cycolps double KOed each other when they fought. This was during Operation Galactic Storm.
4) Masterson Thor crushing a quantum bubble that Quasar put around Mjolnir and hurling Mjolnir so hard that Quasar actually felt pain attempting to shield himself from it.

Any CL100 brick that can avoid a BFR into the Quantum Zone should destroy Quasar given his history.

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop
What other monster feats?

In his entire time on panel I can think of only two high showings :
1) During the Infinity War when his dome held off the heroes till Thanos and crew shattered it
2) Vs that Watcher during the Journey into Mystery story arc in his comic

There's a third one involving Galactus but I don't remember the context of the scan.

So I'll see you those high showings and raise you these "average" showings:
1) Gladiator flexing and breaking out of a quantum construct Quasar formed and fortified. Then crushing Quasar's arm through his Quantum Aura and threatening to rip it off if he attempted to BFR Gladiator into the Quantum Zone. This was during the Starblast story arc.
2) An Imperial Guardsman, Neutron, humiliating Quasar and Her combined, forcing Quasar to BFR him into the Q-Zone
3) Four scrubby Shi'ar Guardsmen : Manta, Hussar, Impulse, Magique destroyed one of Quasar's quantum domes. Of those four, only Impulse has any kind of attack worth mentioning. And how powerful is it; He and Cycolps double KOed each other when they fought. This was during Operation Galactic Storm.
4) Masterson Thor crushing a quantum bubble that Quasar put around Mjolnir and hurling Mjolnir so hard that Quasar actually felt pain attempting to shield himself from it.

Any CL100 brick that can avoid a BFR into the Quantum Zone should destroy Quasar given his history. really... good... to see you zop.

Golgo13
Kyle and Hal have uber feats like that as well, but Mongul with multiple SC rings puts him slightly above high herald, IMO.

Horrificus
Kyle and Hal have uber feats like that as well, but Mongul with multiple SC rings puts him slightly above high herald, IMO. how many rings does he have? (not including toe-rings, belly-button rings or anklets)

Golgo13
I think he had them on all fingers. I believe he wanted one from each corp. LOL@ toe rings. laughing out loud

Horrificus
LOL@ toe rings. laughing out loud Yeah. laughing I went to far with that. hehe. That kind of thing could ruin a character.
Look at what happened to Northstar because of his corset. OK, I made that up. He's still as popular as ever! roll eyes (sarcastic)

rotiart
The Thor one is the only one that comes to mind. In that quasar prevented masters on from reaching his hammer and Eric had to try to force the bubble open... It wasn't a quick break also it wasn't a shield that was constantly concentrated on by quasar. Quasars shields while incredibly durable become less so when he stops concentrating on them.

But the other three feats I don't recall right now so ill have to see if my come up in my quasar issues.

When quasar and hit Mongul with a train it was Kyle and superman vs mongul. Mongul has never been a lightweight.

Oh and another offhand feat of quasar is him absorbing the entire ego entity into himself when ego attempted to overtake the earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.