Hardest Dark Souls 2 boss?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Renegade
Who did you have the most trouble with, folks?

Estacado
Vendrick n++ is a *****....

The Renegade
Yeah, I've beaten Nashandra but haven't started NG+ yet. However, I've heard the Lost Sinner is an absolute pain in the c*nt in NG+ and beyond.

Estacado
Yeah Sinner is a pain in the ass with the 2 pyromancers.
In N+ and above.
The flexile sentry is a pain in the ass as well in n+ he has 2 assassin guy's helping him whom jump around and pretty damn fast and can kill you easily.
Vendrick in n++ goes apeshit most of the times and does multiple slashes 1 takes of all your stamina if you try to block it the other phucks you up in 1 hit.
Also he has a blast that auto curses you.
Best thing to do is to go up close and try to stay behing him after he hits and misses attack him.

Most of the other bosses are the same though for Sinner and Sentry I used the npc summons in N+ and above.

The Renegade
Originally posted by Estacado
Yeah Sinner is a pain in the ass with the 2 pyromancers.
In N+ and above.
The flexile sentry is a pain in the ass as well in n+ he has 2 assassin guy's helping him whom jump around and pretty damn fast and can kill you easily.
Vendrick in n++ goes apeshit most of the times and does multiple slashes 1 takes of all your stamina if you try to block it the other phucks you up in 1 hit.
Also he has a blast that auto curses you.
Best thing to do is to go up close and try to stay behing him after he hits and misses attack him.

Most of the other bosses are the same though for Sinner and Sentry I used the npc summons in N+ and above.

Do you play online? Ever summon a sunbro or whatnot?

Estacado
I dont have live I play offline.

The Renegade
I did too. Beat all of the bosses alone. The hardest time I had was probably Velstadt.

Notable mentions:

- The f*cking c*nt Pursuer.
- Smelter Demon.
- Lost Sinner.
- Looking Glass c*nt.
- Ruin Sentinels.

Basically any boss that can close the space between myself and it/him/her quickly in this game is a pain in my ass.

Estacado
Originally posted by The Renegade
I did too. Beat all of the bosses alone. The hardest time I had was probably Velstadt.

Notable mentions:

- The f*cking c*nt Pursuer.
- Smelter Demon.
- Lost Sinner.
- Looking Glass c*nt.
- Ruin Sentinels.

Basically any boss that can close the space between myself and it/him/her quickly in this game is a pain in my ass.
Sentinels are a ***** if you fight them on head however its easy to separate them if you stay up on the balcony.
On my 1st playthrough I didnt use summon npc for the 2nd and 3rd I did however.

Looking Glass is pretty easy if you use sorcerer build just have to stay away from him and block wait till he uses his magic stuff.

Smelter was a pain in the ass for me as well.

Lost Sinner is really hard because of the damn lock on.

Pursuer can be an ass but its easy to predict his moves also you can use the ballista to almost instant kill him.
but yeah it took me like 2 hours for the 1st time to beat him made almost give up the game.

Vendrick is hard cause in n++ he is raging like and idiot and you cant block him cause of the multiple slashes which instant kill you.

Also it takes like 10 soul geyser to kill him.

Bardock42
Can we really talk about "hardest" with this game? I think the thread title should be "Least easiest but not by much Dark Souls 2 boss"

The Renegade
Sentinels are a ***** if you fight them on head however its easy to separate them if you stay up on the balcony.
On my 1st playthrough I didnt use summon npc for the 2nd and 3rd I did however.

Looking Glass is pretty easy if you use sorcerer build just have to stay away from him and block wait till he uses his magic stuff.

Smelter was a pain in the ass for me as well.

Lost Sinner is really hard because of the damn lock on.

Pursuer can be an ass but its easy to predict his moves also you can use the ballista to almost instant kill him.
but yeah it took me like 2 hours for the 1st time to beat him made almost give up the game.

Vendrick is hard cause in n++ he is raging like and idiot and you cant block him cause of the multiple slashes which instant kill you.

Also it takes like 10 soul geyser to kill him.

I was a dex build when I fought LGK. I lit the fires when I fought the Lost Sinner and it was still difficult.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Can we really talk about "hardest" with this game? I think the thread title should be "Least easiest but not by much Dark Souls 2 boss"

... Control freak.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Bardock42
Can we really talk about "hardest" with this game? I think the thread title should be "Least easiest but not by much Dark Souls 2 boss" DS2 isn't even hard, pleb.

Tzeentch
thumb up

Filthy casuals.

Beat the game with my dick. thumb down

The Renegade
Blax, who the f*ck asked you?

Stoic
I dont have live I play offline.

How did you go about raising your soul level so high? Did you farm until none of the monsters re-spawned?

As for the thread I thought that the Flexile Sentry was the toughest boss so far (used an NPC to beat him), but I'm taking my time through the game. I farm until nothing re-spawns, and then move on to a new area. Last night I went online and got owned in PVP. I didn't even want to PVP, and think that they should have fixed it so that if you want to PVP you should put on a PVP flag to make yourself available for anyone who wants to get into that type of thing. So now I just play offline, because I don't want to waste my Human Effigies in case I get owned again.

I mean crap, I'm running around with a crappy weapon, and can't wait to turn the Flexile Sentry's soul into a weapon. I was thinking of the club weapon because it causes bleeding damage. Anyways that's it.

The Renegade
Originally posted by Stoic
How did you go about raising your soul level so high? Did you farm until none of the monsters re-spawned?

A bonfire ascetic or two, I'd say.

I want to do a playthrough where I murder everything until it doesn't respawn. The PC version comes out tonight so perhaps that's where it will happen.

The morning star is a BEAUTIFUL early game weapon and it's found in Majula. It's seriously one of my favorite starters.

Tzeentch
Blax, who the f*ck asked you? sounds like your face is asking for this fist boyo

Stoic
A bonfire ascetic or two, I'd say.

I want to do a playthrough where I murder everything until it doesn't respawn. The PC version comes out tonight so perhaps that's where it will happen.

The morning star is a BEAUTIFUL early game weapon and it's found in Majula. It's seriously one of my favorite starters.

Actually LOL, I got the Heide Knights sword when I began playing the game. It has a lightning enchantment on it, I also have the Fire longsword as well. They just don't do the damage that I want. Maybe I'm being hard on myself or greedy. Or I want more of a custom deal, like a weapon forged from a bosses soul. I actually have loads of weapons. I killed the merchant in No Man's Wharf, and thought that I screwed myself. I just saw some giant in a window, and shot him until he died. Later on I found out that I did the right thing. He's now a gravestone, and all I need do is speak to it, and I can sell my overstock forever. Well it comes with a price, but if I have loads of things that I get from farming the shit out of every area, it is well worth it.

I find myself conserving everything even arrows, which forced me into bringing up my INT, and Faith levels, so that I could cast spells instead of wasting arrows on the closer ranged targets. I realized too late, that I could snipe a slew of enemies without ever having to place myself at risk. It makes me want to begin again, because I've spent precious souls that I could have used for leveling on arrows (real pisser). You wouldn't think it, but those bad boys add up significantly after a while.

My entire experience in this game has been all about strategy, and becoming as powerful as I can before NG+. I also want to become that guy that the PVP nuts want to avoid, but make the mistake of raiding the wrong world LOL. Well here I go again. I'm about to clear out the Bastille. I came in by ship instead of the birds nest. This has given me a decisive advantage over those taking the nest route. I have a bonfire to retreat to. The other route had none from what I saw, or at least I ported out of there when I realized that the minute you go too far, there isn't a way back, except by using the homeward bone. Well then again there is that Cleric spell, but I wasn't leveled up enough to use that.

Wow I think that I'm posting this in the wrong thread ha ha. The Pursuer screamed like a girl when I beat him in two moves LOL. The Dragon Rider was one shot destroyed once I sniped him from a precipice, I then walkd in, and hit him one time FTW ha ha. Those two were the easiest in my opinion.

The Renegade
Actually LOL, I got the Heide Knights sword when I began playing the game. It has a lightning enchantment on it, I also have the Fire longsword as well. They just don't do the damage that I want. Maybe I'm being hard on myself or greedy. Or I want more of a custom deal, like a weapon forged from a bosses soul. I actually have loads of weapons. I killed the merchant in No Man's Wharf, and thought that I screwed myself. I just saw some giant in a window, and shot him until he died. Later on I found out that I did the right thing. He's now a gravestone, and all I need do is speak to it, and I can sell my overstock forever. Well it comes with a price, but if I have loads of things that I get from farming the shit out of every area, it is well worth it.

They're decent boss weapons, those two. A lot of bosses have lightning/fire weaknesses near the beginning. The morning star is a great all-around weapon for some of the enemies, though.

I barely used arrows or magic. I want to try and use the bow a bit more on my next playthrough.

Two moves for the Pursuer? You shot the heavy crossbow, right? Or did you fight him elsewhere?

Originally posted by Tzeentch
sounds like your face is asking for this fist boyo

Long time no talk. How have you been, nerd?

Estacado

As for the thread I thought that the Flexile Sentry was the toughest boss so far (used an NPC to beat him), but I'm taking my time through the game. I farm until nothing re-spawns, and then move on to a new area. Last night I went online and got owned in PVP. I didn't even want to PVP, and think that they should have fixed it so that if you want to PVP you should put on a PVP flag to make yourself available for anyone who wants to get into that type of thing. So now I just play offline, because I don't want to waste my Human Effigies in case I get owned again.

I mean crap, I'm running around with a crappy weapon, and can't wait to turn the Flexile Sentry's soul into a weapon. I was thinking of the club weapon because it causes bleeding damage. Anyways that's it.
I beat the the game 3 times killing all the bosses I killed some multiple times for the Lucaiel and Bernhart achievments.
Also used a couple of bonfire ascetics for farming twinkling titanite and sunlight medals and soul geyser.
Atm Im Sl 247.

Beat Vendrick n++ yesterday easy as hell just roll back whenever he comes near to hit you with the sword then spam the phucker with soul geyser....

Stoic

They're decent boss weapons, those two. A lot of bosses have lightning/fire weaknesses near the beginning. The morning star is a great all-around weapon for some of the enemies, though.

I barely used arrows or magic. I want to try and use the bow a bit more on my next playthrough.

Two moves for the Pursuer? You shot the heavy crossbow, right? Or did you fight him elsewhere?

Long time no talk. How have you been, nerd?

Yep I got him with the stationary heavy crossbow twice. If you do it right, the first hit may make him look like he is confused, which happened when I beat him allowing me to tag him again in the same spot 3-4 seconds later. I kind of wish I saved some of these bosses for later when I got stronger.

I beat the the game 3 times killing all the bosses I killed some multiple times for the Lucaiel and Bernhart achievments.
Also used a couple of bonfire ascetics for farming twinkling titanite and sunlight medals and soul geyser.
Atm Im Sl 247.

Beat Vendrick n++ yesterday easy as hell just roll back whenever he comes near to hit you with the sword then spam the phucker with soul geyser....

Yeah i have to get my hands on some of those bonfire ascetics.

Estacado
There are merchants who sell it check on dark souls 2 wiki or dark souls 2 wikidot one of them has 13 IIRC.

The Renegade
Go into the abyss via Darkdiver Grandahl. All of the enemies there drop ascetics, if you haven't already pwned them.

Bardock42
Originally posted by NemeBro
DS2 isn't even hard, pleb.

That was like my ****ing joke you piece of.

NemeBro
Calm down.

Bardock42
Calm down.

How can you be this calm, this is an outrage, show some passion!

NemeBro
There should be a question mark somewhere in that bloated sentence.

I would have worded it like this:

"How can you be this calm!? This is an outrage, show some passion!"

The Renegade
All of you are tainting my thread with your nonsense! I could cry!

0mega Spawn
When you fight 2 pursuers in the castle throne room ng+
Pissed me off bad...only won because one decided to leave mid fight...

Stoic
NG++ damn LOL. That makes me not even want to mention where I am ha ha. Anyways, the Skeleton Lord is the easiest boss in the game, I beat the Chariot without much fuss as well. Looking to get my hands on that Lords Sword (Or whatever it's called). I have all of the attributes to wield it perfectly.

Estacado
I havent played Dark Souls but after beating DS 2 Im thinking on doing so.
Is prepare to die harder then DS2?
Im planing on playing as a sorcerer....

NemeBro
I havent played Dark Souls but after beating DS 2 Im thinking on doing so.
Im planing on playing as a sorcerer.... Did you play DS2 as a member of the Company of Champions?

If not, you're a pussy.

If so, DS2 is harder than DS1.

Without it I have no clue.

Also, the Smelter Demon is the hardest boss I've fought thus far.

I had to use the new rolling mechanics to a far greater extent than I had to in any other fight.

Estacado
I didnt join the covenant of champions...:P

Guess Im a pussy then...stick out tongue

Just checked the boss fights from the 1st have to say the design of the bosses is much cooler......also magic seems to be op I see people 2 shoting bosses with crystal soul spear...

Kazenji

Never played the original DS but i did get the prepare to die edition a while back

seems to be mostly stuff the PC version got such as bosses, enemies, equipment, and NPCs

Estacado
Yeah I checked it has extra bosses...dont know about the other stuff though...

Estacado
Also fighting the 2 pursuers in drangelic castle on ng + is pretty hard.

NemeBro
The Looking Glass Knight is the worst boss in the ****ing game.

Not because it's hard, oh no.

Because it's so ****ing loud.

The Renegade
I got invaded through his goddamn mirror shield once. That was irritating.

NemeBro
Velstadt was easy.

EyeAreRandom
Hardest for me so far is the Smelter Demon. I haven't completed the game yet but that boss was a pain! Then after beating him I realised I didn't even have to fight him >.<

Looking Glass Knight was difficult, especially when his health is low because he does many combos!

I had lots of trouble with The Rotten at level 80ish and couldn't kill him with a Bonfire Ascetic but when killing him with no armour and dodging all attacks I was a very happy bunny!

The Renegade
The Rotten can be troubling indeed. I thought he'd be fairly easy to dodge because he's big but he's not slow. That was a poorly placed assumption, on my behalf. He closes distances quite quickly.

Estacado
Try to roll backwards when he is about to hit you that way he its easier to evade his attacks.

NemeBro
There are people who had trouble with The Rotten?

Christ.

The Renegade

Christ.
Yeah, it's a difficult game and people play differently. A surprised reaction seems like an unwarranted one, honestly.

For example, you said the Smelter Demon was the hardest boss you'd faced so far (to the point where you had to change how you played, to some extent) and I found that boss rather easy.

Although, in all fairness, I did beat the Rotten on the first try (and will probably do so again during my PC playthrough) but I wasn't expecting his speed.

Regardless, it's a difficult game. People will have troubles with different bosses. It is what it is.

NemeBro
Maybe I'm just better at the game than you all?

Also, I never said I had to change how I played to beat the Smelter Demon. And you listed him as one of the hardest bosses on the first page.

Your story doesn't add up. You're a ****ing liar.

The Renegade

Also, I never said I had to change how I played to beat the Smelter Demon. And you listed him as one of the hardest bosses on the first page.

^ That would be a change. Perhaps not a massive one but a change nonetheless.

What, exactly, is contradictory here? I listed him as a NOTABLE mention, not that he was one of the hardest bosses, by any means. You assumed and now you look foolish. Don't do so again in the future, as a recommendation.

On my first go, the Smelter Demon was easy. He was harder as I did the fight numerous times over again, due to his stats being higher, but I had quite an easy time on my first go.

Don't ever pursue a career as a detective, NemeBro.

Estacado
Started playind Ds prepare to die damn it sucks that you cant travel between bonfires....im at the butterfly boss but I cant whoop his ass cause I only have the shitty soul arrow now I have to back track to the merchant in lower undead perish to get some decent spells.....ermm

So far I met 3 bosses game is much easier then Ds 2.

0mega Spawn

Christ.
I find that weird also . Considering he telegraphs his moves...

Well all of the bosses telegraph their moves...but hes comparable to fighting a fat guy whos just ran a 100 yard dash lol

Estacado
Off topic....

Who is the toughest boss in Ds prepare to die?

So far I whooped Asylum Demon,Taurus Demon,Belfry Gargoyles,Capra Demon,Gaping Dragon.

Gaping Dragon was way too easy.

Stoic
I'm having troubles with the Royal Rat Authority (He's been the hardest for me so far. So I'm going to hold off until I'm a bit more powerful). I'm creeped out by Freja's little minions to the point that I've watched Youtube to find out exactly where they are in that huge spider room, just before the boss fight. Wow I just want to get out of this level, and onto the next ha ha.

NemeBro
Off topic....

Who is the toughest boss in Ds prepare to die?

So far I whooped Asylum Demon,Taurus Demon,Belfry Gargoyles,Capra Demon,Gaping Dragon.

Gaping Dragon was way too easy. Three of the DLC bosses are probably the most difficult.

Artorias the Abysswalker, Manus Father of the Abyss, and Black Dragon Kalameet (This one's a bonus boss).

In the main game, eh, probably Ornstein and Smough I guess. Oh, or the Four Kings.

Estacado
Just killed Iron Golem about to face the duo think Im gonna get soul spear first and the head piece that gives you 20% sorcery boost.

Cant wait to get my hands on the hexes and that outfit which makes you look like a nazgul.

NemeBro
I should warn you that the nazgul outfit in DS1 leaves your character barefoot.

I was disappointed.

Estacado
Thats kinda meh......ermm

NemeBro
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/lord-s-blade-ciaran-s-set

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/set-of-artorias

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/witch-set

Any of these three sets' leggings could act as a substitute to the Gold-Hemmed Black set's leggings, if you want.

Estacado
Lord's Blade waistcloth looks pretty amazing.
Think Im gonna use that one.

Thanks!smile

Whats the best catalyst for hexes?

NemeBro
By hexes, I assume you mean dark magic.

I'd definitely say the Manus Catalyst, which scales off strength and intelligence.

Estacado
Is Artorias's sword any good?
Really liking the looks of his armor.

NemeBro
Is Artorias's sword any good?
Really liking the looks of his armor. Which Artorias sword?

There are three lol.

NemeBro
Eh, will answer regardless.

The standard "Greatsword of Artorias" is simply put one of the most damaging weapons in the game, due to scaling with all four stats. Which is also why almost no one uses it. An effect build based around using this weapon requires heavy stat investment far beyond the norm, and indeed if you want to do PVP you basically can't go any higher than SL 125. It requires a 24 in strength, an 18 in dex, and a 20 in both intelligence and faith to use effectively.

The Cursed Greatsword of Artorias is a shittier version of the one I just described, its only benefit being it can hit and block attacks from the spooky ghosts in New Londo without a Transient Curse.

The Abyss Greatsword, which is made with Artorias' soul, can be quite powerful. Its stat requirements are still rather steep, requiring an 18 in intelligence and faith, but it only scales off of strength and dex. More than that though, the weapon has humanity scaling. The higher your humanity, the higher the damage. At ten humanity, and with just the stats required to wield it, you will have a damage rating of like 400. So it's pretty good.

Estacado
Thanks!
Think im gonna go for the dragon greatsword then....hmm

Estacado
Whooped Smaug and Ornifex,Stray Demon,Pinhead,Gravelord Nito and Sif.

Estacado
Killed Ceaseless discharge,centipide demon,firesage demon,dark sun gwyndolin and sanctuary guardian.

Finally I can access the dlc contant damn the guardian was agressive as hell.

Gonna beat the dlc stuff then go back and rape every boss with dark magic and manus catalyst....haermm

Estacado
Killed Seathe and Artorias.

Damn Artorias is raging beast he whooped my as so many times.
He is the best boss in Ds1 so far better then any of the Ds2 bosses.

Decided to go cheap on him and got the tin crystalization catalyst and whoopid him with soul spears...haermm

NemeBro
You should play Demon's Souls next, if you can.

Old King Allant is to date the most challenging boss in the Souls series, IMO.

He also has the best theme song.

Estacado
After Watch Dogs Im gonna get it.

Beat Kalameet and Manus.

Manus was so badass the way you had to switch to reflect his spells was damn cool.
The fight is damn hard but its my fave so far 2nd is Artorias.

Just a few more to go Four Kings ,Priscilla and Gwyn.

NemeBro
Only a monster kills Priscilla.

I did.

Estacado
Checked some sorcer walkthroughs how the f do they do 3000+ damage with crystal soul spear?

I have dusk crown,dragon ring and crystal catalyst and the max damage i did was like 1300.

NemeBro
That's still enough damage to four shot almost every boss in NG lol.

Estacado
I found out that using power within and Logan's catalyst equals up to tin crystal damage but you can still use 4 crystal spears instead of 2.

Have to try if power within works with tin crystal though.....mmm

Checked a vid where guy does 3800 damage with pursuers forgot what equipment he was using though...

NemeBro
That could have been before magic was nerfed.

Estacado
Ooooh that should explain it....

Estacado
Damn so the nazgul outfit cant be reinforced....ermm
Guess im gonna buy the arforias set now that I killed him...

Estacado
Killed Bed of Chaos and Priscilla.

I went cheap on her used power within and crystal soul spear.
When she went invisible i used.dark bead since its a 180 degree attack shoting her with it....haermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.