KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Hardest Dark Souls 2 boss?

Hardest Dark Souls 2 boss?
Started by: The Renegade

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Hardest Dark Souls 2 boss?

Who did you have the most trouble with, folks?

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 11:05 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Vendrick n++ is a *****....

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 12:15 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Yeah, I've beaten [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Nashandra but haven't started NG+ yet. However, I've heard the Lost Sinner is an absolute pain in the c*nt in NG+ and beyond.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 12:59 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yeah Sinner is a pain in the ass with the 2 pyromancers.
In N+ and above.
The flexile sentry is a pain in the ass as well in n+ he has 2 assassin guy's helping him whom jump around and pretty damn fast and can kill you easily.
Vendrick in n++ goes apeshit most of the times and does multiple slashes 1 takes of all your stamina if you try to block it the other phucks you up in 1 hit.
Also he has a blast that auto curses you.
Best thing to do is to go up close and try to stay behing him after he hits and misses attack him.

Most of the other bosses are the same though for Sinner and Sentry I used the npc summons in N+ and above.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 01:11 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 01:06 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Yeah Sinner is a pain in the ass with the 2 pyromancers.
In N+ and above.
The flexile sentry is a pain in the ass as well in n+ he has 2 assassin guy's helping him whom jump around and pretty damn fast and can kill you easily.
Vendrick in n++ goes apeshit most of the times and does multiple slashes 1 takes of all your stamina if you try to block it the other phucks you up in 1 hit.
Also he has a blast that auto curses you.
Best thing to do is to go up close and try to stay behing him after he hits and misses attack him.

Most of the other bosses are the same though for Sinner and Sentry I used the npc summons in N+ and above.

Do you play online? Ever summon a sunbro or whatnot?

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 01:26 PM
Estacado
Legendary

I dont have live I play offline.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 01:32 PM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

I did too. Beat all of the bosses alone. The hardest time I had was probably Velstadt.

Notable mentions:

- The f*cking c*nt Pursuer.
- Smelter Demon.
- Lost Sinner.
- Looking Glass c*nt.
- Ruin Sentinels.

Basically any boss that can close the space between myself and it/him/her quickly in this game is a pain in my ass.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 01:38 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by The Renegade
I did too. Beat all of the bosses alone. The hardest time I had was probably Velstadt.

Notable mentions:

- The f*cking c*nt Pursuer.
- Smelter Demon.
- Lost Sinner.
- Looking Glass c*nt.
- Ruin Sentinels.

Basically any boss that can close the space between myself and it/him/her quickly in this game is a pain in my ass.

Sentinels are a ***** if you fight them on head however its easy to separate them if you stay up on the balcony.
On my 1st playthrough I didnt use summon npc for the 2nd and 3rd I did however.

Looking Glass is pretty easy if you use sorcerer build just have to stay away from him and block wait till he uses his magic stuff.

Smelter was a pain in the ass for me as well.

Lost Sinner is really hard because of the damn lock on.

Pursuer can be an ass but its easy to predict his moves also you can use the ballista to almost instant kill him.
but yeah it took me like 2 hours for the 1st time to beat him made almost give up the game.

Vendrick is hard cause in n++ he is raging like and idiot and you cant block him cause of the multiple slashes which instant kill you.

Also it takes like 10 soul geyser to kill him.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 01:57 PM
Bardock42

Can we really talk about "hardest" with this game? I think the thread title should be "Least easiest but not by much Dark Souls 2 boss"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 02:11 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Sentinels are a ***** if you fight them on head however its easy to separate them if you stay up on the balcony.
On my 1st playthrough I didnt use summon npc for the 2nd and 3rd I did however.

Looking Glass is pretty easy if you use sorcerer build just have to stay away from him and block wait till he uses his magic stuff.

Smelter was a pain in the ass for me as well.

Lost Sinner is really hard because of the damn lock on.

Pursuer can be an ass but its easy to predict his moves also you can use the ballista to almost instant kill him.
but yeah it took me like 2 hours for the 1st time to beat him made almost give up the game.

Vendrick is hard cause in n++ he is raging like and idiot and you cant block him cause of the multiple slashes which instant kill you.

Also it takes like 10 soul geyser to kill him.

I was a dex build when I fought LGK. I lit the fires when I fought the Lost Sinner and it was still difficult.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Can we really talk about "hardest" with this game? I think the thread title should be "Least easiest but not by much Dark Souls 2 boss"

... Control freak.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 02:24 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Bardock42
DS2 isn't even hard, pleb.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 10:48 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

thumb up

Filthy casuals.

Beat the game with my dick. thumb down

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 10:55 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Blax, who the f*ck asked you?

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 11:54 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I dont have live I play offline.

How did you go about raising your soul level so high? Did you farm until none of the monsters re-spawned?

As for the thread I thought that the Flexile Sentry was the toughest boss so far (used an NPC to beat him), but I'm taking my time through the game. I farm until nothing re-spawns, and then move on to a new area. Last night I went online and got owned in PVP. I didn't even want to PVP, and think that they should have fixed it so that if you want to PVP you should put on a PVP flag to make yourself available for anyone who wants to get into that type of thing. So now I just play offline, because I don't want to waste my Human Effigies in case I get owned again.

I mean crap, I'm running around with a crappy weapon, and can't wait to turn the Flexile Sentry's soul into a weapon. I was thinking of the club weapon because it causes bleeding damage. Anyways that's it.

Last edited by Stoic on Apr 24th, 2014 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 12:59 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by Stoic
How did you go about raising your soul level so high? Did you farm until none of the monsters re-spawned?

A bonfire ascetic or two, I'd say.

quote:
As for the thread I thought that the Flexile Sentry was the toughest boss so far (used an NPC to beat him), but I'm taking my time through the game. I farm until nothing re-spawns, and then move on to a new area. Last night I went online and got owned in PVP. I didn't even want to PVP, and think that they should have fixed it so that if you want to PVP you should put on a PVP flag to make yourself available for anyone who wants to get into that type of thing. So now I just play offline, because I don't want to waste my Human Effigies in case I get owned again.

I want to do a playthrough where I murder everything until it doesn't respawn. The PC version comes out tonight so perhaps that's where it will happen.

quote:
I mean crap, I'm running around with a crappy weapon, and can't wait to turn the Flexile Sentry's soul into a weapon. I was thinking of the club weapon because it causes bleeding damage. Anyways that's it.

The morning star is a BEAUTIFUL early game weapon and it's found in Majula. It's seriously one of my favorite starters.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 01:06 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Blax, who the f*ck asked you?
sounds like your face is asking for this fist boyo

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 01:43 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

A bonfire ascetic or two, I'd say.

I want to do a playthrough where I murder everything until it doesn't respawn. The PC version comes out tonight so perhaps that's where it will happen.

The morning star is a BEAUTIFUL early game weapon and it's found in Majula. It's seriously one of my favorite starters.

Actually LOL, I got the Heide Knights sword when I began playing the game. It has a lightning enchantment on it, I also have the Fire longsword as well. They just don't do the damage that I want. Maybe I'm being hard on myself or greedy. Or I want more of a custom deal, like a weapon forged from a bosses soul. I actually have loads of weapons. I killed the merchant in No Man's Wharf, and thought that I screwed myself. I just saw some giant in a window, and shot him until he died. Later on I found out that I did the right thing. He's now a gravestone, and all I need do is speak to it, and I can sell my overstock forever. Well it comes with a price, but if I have loads of things that I get from farming the shit out of every area, it is well worth it.

I find myself conserving everything even arrows, which forced me into bringing up my INT, and Faith levels, so that I could cast spells instead of wasting arrows on the closer ranged targets. I realized too late, that I could snipe a slew of enemies without ever having to place myself at risk. It makes me want to begin again, because I've spent precious souls that I could have used for leveling on arrows (real pisser). You wouldn't think it, but those bad boys add up significantly after a while.

My entire experience in this game has been all about strategy, and becoming as powerful as I can before NG+. I also want to become that guy that the PVP nuts want to avoid, but make the mistake of raiding the wrong world LOL. Well here I go again. I'm about to clear out the Bastille. I came in by ship instead of the birds nest. This has given me a decisive advantage over those taking the nest route. I have a bonfire to retreat to. The other route had none from what I saw, or at least I ported out of there when I realized that the minute you go too far, there isn't a way back, except by using the homeward bone. Well then again there is that Cleric spell, but I wasn't leveled up enough to use that.

Wow I think that I'm posting this in the wrong thread ha ha. The Pursuer screamed like a girl when I beat him in two moves LOL. The Dragon Rider was one shot destroyed once I sniped him from a precipice, I then walkd in, and hit him one time FTW ha ha. Those two were the easiest in my opinion.

Last edited by Stoic on Apr 24th, 2014 at 03:35 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 03:30 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Actually LOL, I got the Heide Knights sword when I began playing the game. It has a lightning enchantment on it, I also have the Fire longsword as well. They just don't do the damage that I want. Maybe I'm being hard on myself or greedy. Or I want more of a custom deal, like a weapon forged from a bosses soul. I actually have loads of weapons. I killed the merchant in No Man's Wharf, and thought that I screwed myself. I just saw some giant in a window, and shot him until he died. Later on I found out that I did the right thing. He's now a gravestone, and all I need do is speak to it, and I can sell my overstock forever. Well it comes with a price, but if I have loads of things that I get from farming the shit out of every area, it is well worth it.

They're decent boss weapons, those two. A lot of bosses have lightning/fire weaknesses near the beginning. The morning star is a great all-around weapon for some of the enemies, though.

quote:
I find myself conserving everything even arrows, which forced me into bringing up my INT, and Faith levels, so that I could cast spells instead of wasting arrows on the closer ranged targets. I realized too late, that I could snipe a slew of enemies without ever having to place myself at risk. It makes me want to begin again, because I've spent precious souls that I could have used for leveling on arrows (real pisser). You wouldn't think it, but those bad boys add up significantly after a while.

I barely used arrows or magic. I want to try and use the bow a bit more on my next playthrough.

quote:
My entire experience in this game has been all about strategy, and becoming as powerful as I can before NG+. I also want to become that guy that the PVP nuts want to avoid, but make the mistake of raiding the wrong world LOL. Well here I go again. I'm about to clear out the Bastille. I came in by ship instead of the birds nest. This has given me a decisive advantage over those taking the nest route. I have a bonfire to retreat to. The other route had none from what I saw, or at least I ported out of there when I realized that the minute you go too far, there isn't a way back, except by using the homeward bone. Well then again there is that Cleric spell, but I wasn't leveled up enough to use that.

Wow I think that I'm posting this in the wrong thread ha ha. The Pursuer screamed like a girl when I beat him in two moves LOL. The Dragon Rider was one shot destroyed once I sniped him from a precipice, I then walkd in, and hit him one time FTW ha ha. Those two were the easiest in my opinion.

Two moves for the Pursuer? You shot the heavy crossbow, right? Or did you fight him elsewhere?

Originally posted by Tzeentch
sounds like your face is asking for this fist boyo

Long time no talk. How have you been, nerd?

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 04:13 AM
Estacado
Legendary

I beat the the game 3 times killing all the bosses I killed some multiple times for the Lucaiel and Bernhart achievments.
Also used a couple of bonfire ascetics for farming twinkling titanite and sunlight medals and soul geyser.
Atm Im Sl 247.

Beat Vendrick n++ yesterday easy as hell just roll back whenever he comes near to hit you with the sword then spam the phucker with soul geyser....

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Apr 24th, 2014 at 06:55 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 06:50 AM
Stoic
Avenger

They're decent boss weapons, those two. A lot of bosses have lightning/fire weaknesses near the beginning. The morning star is a great all-around weapon for some of the enemies, though.

[/b]

I barely used arrows or magic. I want to try and use the bow a bit more on my next playthrough.

Two moves for the Pursuer? You shot the heavy crossbow, right? Or did you fight him elsewhere?

Long time no talk. How have you been, nerd? [/B]

Yep I got him with the stationary heavy crossbow twice. If you do it right, the first hit may make him look like he is confused, which happened when I beat him allowing me to tag him again in the same spot 3-4 seconds later. I kind of wish I saved some of these bosses for later when I got stronger.

I beat the the game 3 times killing all the bosses I killed some multiple times for the Lucaiel and Bernhart achievments.
Also used a couple of bonfire ascetics for farming twinkling titanite and sunlight medals and soul geyser.
Atm Im Sl 247.

Beat Vendrick n++ yesterday easy as hell just roll back whenever he comes near to hit you with the sword then spam the phucker with soul geyser....

Yeah i have to get my hands on some of those bonfire ascetics.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2014 09:54 AM