Namor vs. Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
I'm going with the god of war in this.

zopzop
Namor 10/10.

Every single time they fought, Namor has humiliated Ares (even when Ares had back up).

Magog
This is borderline spite...unless completely dehydrated, Namor

SquallX
Don't know much about Marvel Ares, but Dc Ares eats namor.

carver9
They already fought and Namor stomps him. Hell...Namor used him as a battering ram to beat on Wonderman.

namorsubby
Yeah......that was awesome.

h1a8
This is a good fight. I would go with Ares because of the axe and fighting skill along with perception of time (that's maybe PIS?). This is a forum fight, not a comic one.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
This is a good fight. I would go with Ares because of the axe and fighting skill along with perception of time (that's maybe PIS?). This is a forum fight, not a comic one.

Very strange viewpoint to take.

zopzop
You realize that every time they fought Namor won? Even when Ares had teammates helping him, the outcome was the same.

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
You realize that every time they fought Namor won? Even when Ares had teammates helping him, the outcome was the same. So why didn't Ares land an axe hit? And when did Namor actually ko Ares? A win is when someone koes, kills, or bfrs the other. Nothing else

Insane Titan
Namor wins

oldsmokey
So why didn't Ares land an axe hit?

Because Ares is a joke to Namor, who outstats Ares across the board and has no problem smacking him around like a child.

h1a8
Originally posted by oldsmokey
Because Ares is a joke to Namor, who outstats Ares across the board and has no problem smacking him around like a child.

But PIS factor's in that. Ares is supposed to be one of the most skilled Olympians. He is millions of years old with experience. Namor is skilled but not by that much. There is no way in a forum fight Ares is not hitting Namor with his axe. I'm sorry, but that is the truth.

Cap, Batman, Spidey, etc. are outstat but that doesn't mean they can't win with skill and using hax weapons.

DarkSaint85
Showings of his skill?

I've read Ares' comics, and I'd say he's only about 1.1 times Namors skill level, but 0.8 of his strength level.

However, I've weighted strength to be 2.5 time more important in thisfifight.

Existere
lololol

oldsmokey
But PIS factor's in that. Ares is supposed to be one of the most skilled Olympians. He is millions of years old with experience. Namor is skilled but not by that much. There is no way in a forum fight Ares is not hitting Namor with his axe. I'm sorry, but that is the truth.

Damn, good to know. I'll go burn my comics now.

Khazra Reborn
Namor has been stabbed plenty of times, barring decapitation, Namor should be able to withstand a fair few shots from Ares' axe even.

DarkSaint85
So why didn't Ares land an axe hit? And when did Namor actually ko Ares? A win is when someone koes, kills, or bfrs the other. Nothing else

He did.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/rraaaarrl/769598539/1/tumblr_l51e4qyOG71qzsywl

carver9
So why didn't Ares land an axe hit? And when did Namor actually ko Ares? A win is when someone koes, kills, or bfrs the other. Nothing else

He did land an ax hit and after that he got used as a ping pong ball against Wonderman, and a group of other Avengers.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Showings of his skill?

I've read Ares' comics, and I'd say he's only about 1.1 times Namors skill level, but 0.8 of his strength level.

However, I've weighted strength to be 2.5 time more important in thisfifight.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

h1a8
He did.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/rraaaarrl/769598539/1/tumblr_l51e4qyOG71qzsywl

That wasn't a real in battle axe attack. Ares just grazed him on purpose to make a point. If Ares wanted he cut easily cut a plug in one of Namor's vital parts (neck, eyes, etc.)

carver9
That wasn't a real in battle axe attack. Ares just grazed him on purpose to make a point. If Ares wanted he cut easily cut a plug in one of Namor's vital parts (neck, eyes, etc.)

Namor has been stabbed on many of occasions completely through...from one end to the other and was still fight.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Namor has been stabbed on many of occasions completely through...from one end to the other and was still fight. Being stabbed will greatly reduce your chances of winning. Maybe not in the beginning but more and more as the fight goes on. Also being stabbed isn't the same as getting your neck or body part sliced a good deal. Imagine trying to punch when part of your arm is hanging loose. Greatly reduces power doesn't it?

DarkSaint85
Scans of Ares' skill in battle?

h1a8
Scans of Ares' skill in battle?

Didn't you already give Ares a 1.1 skill advantage?
With a weapon this advantage becomes even more.

DarkSaint85
Didn't you already give Ares a 1.1 skill advantage?
With a weapon this advantage becomes even more.

That 1.1 skill advantage was with a weapon.

I also negated it by giving extra weight to Namor's strength advantage.

Got any scans of Ares actually showcasing his battle skills?

StiltmanFTW

One of Ares' weapons, war cleaver or whatever, got cut into pieces by Daken's bone claws.

Physically, Daken and Wolverine are pretty much the same, as revealed by Tinkerer. That means the durability and sharpness of their bone claws should be comparable.

Hobo Namor casually broke pre-Weapon X Logan's claws. In Danger Room, the claws shattered after making contact with his skin.

What I'm saying is... Ares was damn lucky, doing that shallow cut stick out tongue

oldsmokey
There is no way in a forum fight Ares is not hitting Namor with his axe. I'm sorry, but that is the truth.

He did.
(produces scan of Ares hitting Namor with his axe with little to no effect.)

That wasn't a real in battle axe attack.

SMFH. Just end this thread right here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.