What would you like to see in the next Elder Scrolls game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero
I am doing a collation of ideas, listing them all and doing a little work to pull together some ideas from the various communities I am a part of to see what everyone wants to experience in the next Elder Scrolls game, and hopefully wash away the bad taste of ESO.

So, without further ado, please, explain what you guys think would make the next Elder Scrolls bigger and better than ever. Ideas from mods? ideas from previous Elder Scrolls games? Just something you think would be cool or fun? Let me know.

FinalAnswer
An engine that doesn't suck donkey dick

Tzeentch
modern warfare

NemeBro
Killable children.

Digi
I want to have combat pets baked into one of the classes. Or maybe make it a talent tree. I've done mods for it, but it would be cool if it was its own talent tree with perks and such.

I know TES is open-ended and you can do ALL the quests, but I like to feel like the world is actually evolving around my choices. Being the head of, say, five guilds is ridiculous. There should be some story-based cap on such stuff, so that you're actually roleplaying a character, not just doing and becoming everything. That's not roleplaying, it's refusing to make meaningful choices so that some 15-year-old can gleefully wander around with a fully maxed character that's in charge of everything. What if your decision to lead the Warrior's Guild put you at odds with the Mage's Guild? Or, perhaps, a rival kingdom or a town that dislike the Guild? And, if not handled properly via political quests and such, those could escalate into full-on conflict? There are opportunities for development and nuance there. And also opportunities for feeling like you're shaping the world in much larger ways.

The same could be said of skills. Decide to train yourself in Destruction magic? Maybe it makes it harder to learn Restoration. There are dozens of potential examples like that.

They can continue to tweak the magic system. Melee is still a better option to cover everything, and while older TES games had magic that was too weak, Skyrim was a mix. Some combos/trees were too weak, others a bit haxx. I also ended up using mods to boost Archery in Skyrim, so there's an area they could look at too.

My favorite TES game (for its time) was Daggerfall, but I'm struggling to think of how they could incorporate that into a new game. It really doesn't translate well anymore...it was just an epic game for its time. The sense of world scale was awe-inspiring.

NemeBro
Why would training in Destruction make it harder to train in Restoration? That's dumb.

I hate you.

Wei Phoenix
You must destroy in order to create!

Lek Kuen
More dialogue options/roleplaying choices. More like how New Vegas handled factions and stuff. And just more options for people approaching you with quests beyond "accept or not now but I can come back and say yes later"

Bentley
I want the game to feature Pokemon thumb up

appletonia
Things that might enable me to enjoy it:

1. Give the game some Bioware-esque storytelling.
2. Make mounted travel more enjoyable and fast paced (something like Red Dead Redemption or Twilight Princess).

Stoic

NotAllThatEvil
unarmed combat perk tree... some sorta training or guild that teaches you kung fu.

Arachnid1
Nude mods need to be in vanilla.

Kidding! Kind of.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Digi
I want to have combat pets baked into one of the classes. Or maybe make it a talent tree. I've done mods for it, but it would be cool if it was its own talent tree with perks and such.

I know TES is open-ended and you can do ALL the quests, but I like to feel like the world is actually evolving around my choices. Being the head of, say, five guilds is ridiculous. There should be some story-based cap on such stuff, so that you're actually roleplaying a character, not just doing and becoming everything. That's not roleplaying, it's refusing to make meaningful choices so that some 15-year-old can gleefully wander around with a fully maxed character that's in charge of everything. What if your decision to lead the Warrior's Guild put you at odds with the Mage's Guild? Or, perhaps, a rival kingdom or a town that dislike the Guild? And, if not handled properly via political quests and such, those could escalate into full-on conflict? There are opportunities for development and nuance there. And also opportunities for feeling like you're shaping the world in much larger ways.

The same could be said of skills. Decide to train yourself in Destruction magic? Maybe it makes it harder to learn Restoration. There are dozens of potential examples like that.

They can continue to tweak the magic system. Melee is still a better option to cover everything, and while older TES games had magic that was too weak, Skyrim was a mix. Some combos/trees were too weak, others a bit haxx. I also ended up using mods to boost Archery in Skyrim, so there's an area they could look at too.

My favorite TES game (for its time) was Daggerfall, but I'm struggling to think of how they could incorporate that into a new game. It really doesn't translate well anymore...it was just an epic game for its time. The sense of world scale was awe-inspiring. Pretty much this without the healing/destruction penalties.

I'd like more animations for melee and magic.

Digi
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why would training in Destruction make it harder to train in Restoration? That's dumb.

I hate you.

You've never read a book, seen a movie, or played a game in a fictional universe where the various magical forces are opposed to one another, and mastery of one precludes others?

The point is meaningful choice and roleplaying. I'm not married to that particular example so much as the overarching principle. And wandering the wilderness with a character who has straight 100's in stats isn't choice, it's avoiding choice.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Digi
You've never read a book, seen a movie, or played a game in a fictional universe where the various magical forces are opposed to one another, and mastery of one precludes others?

The point is meaningful choice and roleplaying. I'm not married to that particular example so much as the overarching principle. And wandering the wilderness with a character who has straight 100's in stats isn't choice, it's avoiding choice. I've never read a piece of TES lore where that is the case. I don't give a **** about other works of fiction or their settings. This is about The Elder Scrolls.

You're just upset that you can't be a renaissance man IRL. Make it more difficult? Sure. Impossible? Nah.

Stoic
Leveling does become more difficult as you continue on, but not to the point that Digi is talking about. I kind of agree with him. You shouldn't be the best at everything, because that makes the game too easy. They should allow ways to glitch the game for those that want to run around in Godmode until they get bored of not having any challenges to oppose them though.

AI is really stupid as well. I married Aela, and kept imagining how horrible it would actually be to be trapped in Skyrim in real life. your spouse should do more than say hi love, I bet you were off on some adventure while standing beside them for the past 9 hours. The children should actually begin to grow up as well, and get the hell out of your house. Instead every time you go out for a few days and come back, they're asking you for an allowance, or a present. How about actually bringing them on adventures with you, and leveling them up, which would be a great way for them to begin growing in stature or into adulthood.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
unarmed combat perk tree... some sorta training or guild that teaches you kung fu.

That right there is an awesome idea.

Bentley
You're just upset that you can't be a renaissance man IRL. Make it more difficult? Sure. Impossible? Nah.

Or just give it a good reason for it being impossible like in IRL. You grow old and die!

NemeBro
Originally posted by Bentley
Or just give it a good reason for it being impossible like in IRL. You grow old and die! That didn't stop Imhotep.

Bentley
That didn't stop Imhotep.

Good point mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.