Things Enemies Say

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
Let me explain:

So you're playing a game, maybe a stealth one, and you're sneaking up on a bad guy. Or you're in a vent and you can hear enemies just chatting with each other.

Is there anything that one of these no-name characters have said that particularly stands out to you?

--------

For example, way back on the original XBOX, I was playing "Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb" I think it was called, and I'm sneaking across the side of a building, and I approach this German soldier talking to himself. I'm basically at the top of a tower, pitch black. I can hear gunfire down below and the situation is tense.

Then this German soldier, exhales loudly and breaks the tension with

"AHHH. VHAT I VOULDN'T GIVE FOR A GOOD STRUDEL!"

It killed me.

Then I killed him.

Smasandian
Most RTS games have good NPC chatter.

I remember Warcraft having some the best, "STOP POKING ME".

Tzeentch
The two US soldiers in Spec Ops: The Line talking about how they couldn't wait to get home and see their children, and questioning whether the cause they were fighting for was the right one.

I laughed as I sprang out of my hiding place and brutally murdered them both.

-Pr-
Hitman Absolution has some really great dialogue, especially for people that you're just about to kill.

Surtur
You can hear some funny things in Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines. Which is an overall awesome game to begin with. By far the best vampire video game I've played, but then that is probably because the World of Darkness has a really great atmosphere the game captures perfectly.

-Pr-
thumb up

KingD19
I remember the first level of Splinter Cell: Conviction. When Grimm knocks out the lights and you start killing the guys sent to find you, one of them goes, "STICK YOUR FACE OUT FISHER, SO I CAN SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!!"

Reflassshh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.